[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's the fourth day of university, and I already want to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: abandonedforestpods.jpg (113KB, 880x586px) Image search: [Google]
abandonedforestpods.jpg
113KB, 880x586px
It's the fourth day of university, and I already want to go home. Even though it's a top 100 college in the US, the courses are all the same quality so far as high school, and the professors are about the same quality. In fact, they're honestly slightly worse. The biggest difference is the ludicrous amount of money I owe, and now I don't even have the cash to buy the textbooks I need because I've been bled dry. When I'm walking outside, the pavement's so hot it gives me a headache, and I come into class feeling dead inside. We sit for 50 minutes, I feel like I learned nothing, and then leave.

Part of it is objectively bad, but I know my malfunctioning brain makes me unhappy too. For almost a year now, I've been physically unable to enjoy anything I do, and the only option left is to see a doctor. But of course, the university doesn't offer free healthcare, and so I must pay $30-50 per session, which I can't do because I'm lower-middle class. So things just keep getting worse by the day.

I don't know what to do, guys.
>>
be confident and nofap my dude
>>
I'm sorry OP. I was depressed as shit in college and felt pretty similarly. If it really is a top-100 school in the US, they should be able to get you some kind of help without charging you out the ass. Tell them you can't handle it and you're going to leave after this semester.

If you haven't already done so, see if there are any clinics near you that offer financial aid to low-income patients.

>the courses are all the same quality so far as high school, and the professors are about the same quality.
Don't stress about this just yet, aren't you just in the dumb general classes that everyone has to take? Now if courses in your major seem bad, then start to worry.

Godspeed anon.
>>
>>39133830
>I don't know what to do, guys.

Grind on, get your grades, try to learn something in the meanwhile which has value for you

If you thought university was going to be a fountain of knowledge then you're wrong, it's intelligence signalling.
>>
>>39133900
I'm on like the 5th day right now but no changes. My libido is pretty much non-existent for most of this year now.
>>
>>39133949
>he actually fell for the meme
i was only joking but to think you actually did it. anyway you have my sympathies OP we all have our cross to bear.
>>
>>39133830
welcome to your first lesson in adult life: everything fucking sucks and is a scam
but just stick with it kid theres nothing else to do. in college I too was really depressed and I would just go talk to my academic counselor about it a lot maybe try that.
>>
>>39133900
>>39133949
>nofap

lol
>>
>>39133940
They've got a free Psychiatric assessment which I've already signed up for, but there's still a $33 fee for "Medication Management" which I doubt I could pay. Do you really think they'd adjust a price like that?

I'll look up some clinics. All my classes are pretty manageable apart from a Calculus course, in which the professor appears to be 60-70 years old, zig-zags from topic to topic, has incomprehensible handwriting, and often makes mistakes that change the entire problem. I need to switch out of that one.
>>39133941
I was hoping to meet some interesting people here, but I suppose they're in the advanced classes.
>>39133971
I didn't "fall for" anything. Cumming doesn't feel good, so I just don't often fap.
>>39134049
>I would just go talk to my academic counselor
What would that do?
>>
Bump. Any other thoughts?
>>
>>39133830
>ludicrous amount of money I owe

Why would you even attempt to enroll in some costly university when you don't have the funds? Why not community college or a few scholarships to help you with that issue?
>>
>>39135033
I did get a few. Just not enough. It's a foolish mistake, and you're free to criticize me for it.
>>
>>39133830
What uni?

original xoho
>>
>>39135173
University of Georgia
>>
>>39135191
Transfer NOW to a community college before the debt gets worse. My community college was only about $2,000 a year
>>
>>39135283
Can you explain why I should do this? I'm not in the mood for a ruse cruise.
>>
>>39133830
It will get harder, just hold on for at least two years. The trick is to join a student board or whatever, expand your network, do shit, GROW as a person that isnt a boring dumb kid when you finally graduate and have to apply for a job.
>>
>>39135304
It's common to do your bullshit classes at a cheap community college then transfer to a good college to save money. I think the entirety of my bullshit classes cost me as much as one semester of the college I'm currently going to.
>>
>>39135327
It's not the difficulty that bothers me. It's the fees - fees for every fucking thing - even though I simply don't have money. Neither of my parents graduated, and neither have jobs right now. It's that life keeps getting worse and the amount of things I like gets smaller every year. That's what sucks.
>>39135343
So, transfer to a CC for a year and then transfer back? I'm on a specific program for a double major, not sure if that would work out.
>>
>>39135382
Stick with it, college will get significantly harder in the later years, especially if you're not being thrown in at the deep end with pure or advanced mathematics.
>>
>>39135468
My degree is Electrical Engineering, so it will.
>>
>>39133830
You won't learn shit by just attending your classes like a robot. Yeah, for most college kids the best plan would ideally be to grind through a major they hate for a valuable degree, but sounds like you're set to burn out anyways. Being a student gives you access to whatever resources there are on campus. Find shit that interests you there to occupy your time instead of just going to class and going home.
>>
>>39135487
What's your double major, mathematics?
>>
>>39135544
I wouldn't be in such terrible shape if it weren't for mental illness. If I can solve that, I won't burn out.
>>39135547
Don't laugh.
German
I want to live there someday.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.