[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go to college to follow my passions and study what I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: Robespierre_crop.jpg (18KB, 220x294px) Image search: [Google]
Robespierre_crop.jpg
18KB, 220x294px
Should I go to college to follow my passions and study what I love, even if the job openings are few and the pay may not be great. Or should I become a wage cuck. Study what I don't want to and end up in a job I don't like but have mad shekels?
>>
I don'ttknow what to say but mad respect to you for using Ribespierre as your OP picture.
>>
>>39111293
Follow your heart, anon. Can you imagine anything worse than spending the majority of your waking existence doing something you truly do not enjoy? You have been blessed with reason; use it for once.
>>
>>39111337
Don't know* Robespierre
>>
Lets overthrow the palace and cut all their heads off.
>>
>>39111368
Allons enfants de la Patrie le jour de gloire est arrive contre nous de la tyrannie l'etendard sanglant est leve
>>
>>39111343
I don't wanna end up homeless and in a shit ton of debt.
>>
>>39111293

When you say "what I love" you are probably refering to something gay as shit like psychology

Find something better to "love"

You probably don't "love" what you think you "love", you just like it because it's easy or hasn't been made shit for you (yet)
>>
>>39111551
International Relations is what I "love"
>>
>>39111624

How could you possibly love international relations?

You just assumed it would be cool or are you like an amateur diplomat or something?
>>
>>39111831
I love history, politics, governments, economics, and studying second languages. International Relations is like all of them put together, why wouldn't I love it?
>>
>>39111890

> "I have always gravitated towards subjects that are easy"

That's what your post tells me, you fucking normie

Do you actually know more than 1 or 2 languages (I.e. you learned one outside of school for the hell of it)? Have you ever read a serious book about history?

How can anybody even """"love"""" economics, goverments or politics?

> durr it's interesting

Obviously you don't know what it means to love a subject and really get deep into it.
>>
>>39112221
>Do you actually know more than 1 or 2 languages
Bien sur! Je parle francais et je veux continuer etudier le francais en universite. (Sorry for no accents, but r9k doesn't allow them)
>easy subjects
I got up to AP calc BC and AP statistics in high school. I got an A in the class but it was incredibly boring and didn't peak my interest in the slightest. The only science class I liked was environmental science.
>>
>>39112373

If you have never done any studying of french outside of school, my accusation that you are a sham still holds.

> I got up to AP calc BC and AP statistics in high school. I got an A in the class but it was incredibly boring and didn't peak my interest in the slightest. The only science class I liked was environmental science.

All that means is you took a "hard" class for no good reason. You did it because your mom wanted you to. It doesn't mean that you don't avoid hard subjects.
>>
>>39112685
My SO is a Quebecois. What I didn't study in school I learned from him.
And it's not because it was hard. It was boring. I avoid boring subjects.
>>
>>39111293

Unless your "passion" involves something where you absolutely HAVE to study it in college/higher ed, then you should get a degree in something stable & realistic, and pursue your passion anyway. just because you major in accounting doesn't mean you have to be an accountant, but at least if you find yourself desperate for cash and/or give up on your "dream", you have something relatively lucrative to fall back on.
>>
>>39111293
Good god, don't do it. 4 of the most expensive years of your life that you'll have to pay back, with interest, at a shitty mcjob or a job that you had to take even further training for. It could take DECADES to pay off that 4 years of studying "muh passion" that you'll never use again. You have no idea the anguish you're diving head first into.

This is what HOBBIES are for. Activities that interest you but are of no practical value.
>>
study what you love, just know there are anarchists in the world who will be pissed you disrespected them
>>
>>39112827

My point is that you claim to "love learning second languages" but you approach the subject with very little ambition.

You only know one other language, and it seems like you learned it by being prodded along the entire time without putting forth too much effort.

> You have a boyfriend

That explains it. Why don't you just make sure he isn't as happy-go-lucky (I.e. useless) as you are and marry him?
>>
>>39113231
I've learned a little bit of russian and Afrikaans, but there's not a lot of people I can talk with regularly
>>
OP, I really feel sorry for you. We are coming to a world where international relations will become obsolete due to everyone having the internet; there will be no point to countries when everyone has an internet connection. That mad sucks that you see it as either being a wagecuck or a government official. I'm blessed to have interests that like in science technology engineering
but your goal is a contradiction, your life will be one of a second hander; you NEED conflict in order to be needed, have you given any thought to what would happen if world peace occurred? Surely you believe in capitalism or else you believe in slavery.
>>
>>39113810
you need to grow some interests as a CREATOR of something, otherwise you will have no knowledge nor anything to trade when the time comes you need it. Perhaps you believe that people need international relations, they do not. Perhaps you can grow an interest
>>
>>39113880
I speak from experience, someone I love is going to go into politics. I love them, and it's not too late for them, but as soon as they take that position, they have set a guillotine over my head. it really does suck
>>
>>39113920
in order to have government, we have to have taxes to support the beaurocrats, in order to have taxes we have to have money(a creation), which represents value (each value is created by someone). I'm completely selfish, I wouldn't want my taxes to go to someone else because I have no pity for anyone or anything
at least as a wagecuck you'd be productive, though still a second-hander
>>
>>39112685
Anon, I'm going to butt in and ask you why are you such a faggot? This guy is just stating his passions and you try to deduce them into unimportant, non-intellectual garbage. Are you that much of a brainlet to not recognize the importance of spreading capable humans into each field of study?
>>
>>39113985
also, when the robot revolution occurs, wagecucks will not be necessary anymore, the owner of a starbux will be able to all the jobs at once; then what will you do?
>>
>>39114019
don't call him a faggot, there are productive homosexuals potentially, call him a waste of space
>>
why not focus on being the richest man in the world? this way, all the culture that has ever been and is will be at your fingertips?
as you are versed in liberal arts I needn't mention that there are productive and destructive ways of getting rich
>>
>>39114106
think about it, if you had the money, such as being an inventor, you could improve the world & be able to commission people to do whatever you wanted i.e. dig up the roman catacombs
>>
>>39111624
I did what you are thinking about, although i got into polsci. Its hard to get a job, there are some opening from time to time, but many people that want it too.

if you are not a normie you would probably have shitty time getting a field related job. The ass kissing or joining different clubs and activities can get you somewhere, but, considering that you are here you would suck at it.
>>
>>39114146
also, remember that culture stems from something, that is, our life force. without life there is no culture. have I not opened the door of science to you? you now have a new lens to look at history though, also a lookingglass to the future
>>
>>39114180
I have the theory that if society were richer overall, there would be more varied foods, more varied shows, architecture, etc. It's just a theory but it holds to reason.
>>
if you become an inventor there are two more benefits that I think of: to be able to walk the first path of history, to see why the difficulties of each discovery held up, didn't effect, or destroyed culture
I forgot my second point but it was something ado about nothing
>>
>>39114278
ok I remembered: each place in the world is physically unique. you must be able to navigate the political systems of the world to extract resources from wherever necessary.
is it safe to assume youre a people person?
also, 2 more points:
1)without knowledge of science and industry, how can you justify spreading the wealth? you don't know what it cost people to invent what they did! you couldn't know if you've never studied science.
you could also, with this new lens, be able to predict history and guide its course.
that's all I have to say, which seems like a lot
>>
>>39114019

It truly is a worthless field of study

Most people in politics are just lawyers who who decided to take on politics anyway
>>
>>39114167
>>39113920
>>39113880
What if I studied something like law or criminology and worked in immigration? I could work for the government and either stop illegals and whatnot or work helping people with their visas or apply for asylum and the likes?
>>
>>39114367
instead of asking "What can I do?" you must ask yourself "Why am I interested in this?"
>>
>>39114367
what if everyone but you died of a plague today? where the fuck would u be then?
>>
>>39114365
>politics is a worthless field of study
If that were the case then why is every single major event in general civilization guided by some political action? Just because it is useless to you on your scale of existence does not mean it is useless on the grander scale.
>>
>>39114446
Committing necrophilia
>>
>>39114367
You can try being a policeman and later officer, as they have pretty standard procedures to apply and you can climb the ladder once inside.

if you plan to work for government try to get many connections and extracurriculum activities. If you are a normie, it could work.
>>
>>39114465
there is no such thing as a grander scale. each individual has consciousness, it is not proper to induce pain in a single individual for the greater good. why is it the case? because nitwits who thought they could be a scientist or engineer without actually being one voted or fought for a king who thought they were a scientist or engineer without actually being one>>39114474
you'd catch a disease or you'd get sunburned to death, you would crawl through life until the end of you short days in misery
what you plan to do is worse than necrophilia, group politics is literally eating the creator alive.
>>
>>39114517
i'm not shitting on anything except people who feed off others aka robbers and government
>>
can i safely assume u went through k-12 or something close to it? do you have no dignity, no self respect, no confidence in your ability to sustain your own life by your own effort and your own effort alone?
if so, you should ask yourself, did that "education" break you? if so, it did what it was meant to do, it was meant to get an individual to use their mind to extort my profits
>>
>>39114603
for people I pity not
>>
>>39114517
you sound like moralfag. He is not interested in inventions and stuff, why he should care about you. And you could say that politics, as social manipulation, is an art and science.
>>
>>39114603
ask yourself: can you really respect anything your government does if it taxes a chemistry set? in order to have currency you must first have the values needed to create it, to create the values you need the means of production
>>
>>39111293
I did that and I regret it profoundly. Just study something that will get you a job in the end and be happy with it.

Following your dreams will only get you disappointed
>>
>>39114622
a moral fag, you just double damned yourself. you showed no respect to homosexuals and you showed no respect for morals. I am a creator, what the fuck are YOU? If HE is NOT INTERESTED IN TRADING.TRADING.TRADING. I am NOT INTERESTED IN KEEPING HIM ALIVE!
>>
>>39111293
>>39111624
Your undergrad doesn't really matter too much if it isn't STEM. You could always do your undergrad in international relations/poli sci and then go to law School.
>>
>>39114665
his gun-standard business deals do not hold me, I respect no man on earth. I respect only the man who creates.
>>
>>39114670
This is what basically ever policy writer does.
>>
>>39114688
ask yourself OP, how do you intend to enforce your policies, is it with a gun that you could not create?
>>
>>39114707
ask yourself again, if you're American, what kind of country you're justifying that took away my gun so you could take away my value with a gun you could not or chose not to create, and if you chose to create it you're
>>
>>39114722
it's us vs. them mentality. it's a malevolent universe premise. it's nationalism. look up at the stars tonight, or go up on a mountain and tell me the universe ISN'T infinite. then ask yourself if you believe in free-will. if you don't, you're not worthy to lead me, because you will take everything away from me because everyone is thus "equal"
>>
>>39114665
I dont give a fuck about faggots, faggot. You don't need to be interested in keeping him alive, but people in politics will force you to anyway. Who's the sucker now?

He would probably fuck himself if he choose this path (IR), as its hard to get inside or even get a job, but at the end, you creators are just a cog in the machine controlled by politics.

Stemfags are mad, because most profit from your work end in hand of economists and people playing politics.
>>
>>39114758
what did any NATION of men do to you? what did that illegal immigrant do to you? why do you choose one immigrant over another? do you not believe that the only things a man is entitled to is his body, his liberty, and his property
>>
>>39114774
fine, go ahead and believe it, I will go on strike against work when it will end up in the devastation of humanity i.e. the YOU's
YOU, mr.>>39114774
you are NOT human, you are demon, you are unfit to live, and if you try to take from me my body, my property, or my liberty, I will shed your blood by hooking you up to a perpetual motion machine life support and torturing you until the universe ends
>>
>>39111293
That depends, what do you consider as being successful?

You could follow your passion and make as much as a McDonalds employee, but, isn't that still better than working at McDonalds?

Or is success to you mean lots of money, in which case you may have to sacrifice your passion and only do it on the side instead.

Its all in perspective
>>
File: C3NPslxUYAATeLF.png (1007KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C3NPslxUYAATeLF.png
1007KB, 1200x675px
>>39114818
>you are NOT human, you are demon

> I will shed your blood by
*tip*

if you tried doing it to someone with actual political/economic power, you and your family would end in front of a wall or gulag or something similar
>>
>>39114912
just wait bitch, you or any other coward wouldn't touch my family, see you and the other leeches need them, not that family matters per say.
i'm just saying, your day will come bitch and then you'll die screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
p.s.: I don't even know what a gulag is u neanderthal
>>
>>39111293
get a 1 or 2 year career associate's degree/certificate from a community college, or your local equivalent, a plus side is the people there often have connections that can help you get a job. tuition is fairly low so at least you're not a heavily indebted wageslave.

You can get some less shitty job than if you only had a diploma or GED, and with that to fall back on you can study your passion. before I gave up in life, that is what my intention was.

Maybe I lowballed but I wanted to be some kinda lab technician. Like not the doctor, but the person who tests the samples from a patient that I would not need to interact with.

If I get out of this slump alive, I'm gonna consider the labor needs of some other countries in addition to reviewing as well as the updated versions of stuff I read before. Chain of events has lead to there being less and less for me here, though I'm still fairly attached to my home despite the lack of anything or anyone to care about. I figure if I have the right degree I could get approved for a work visa and then if I'm socially weird in a way that's not unacceptable in the other country, people might chalk it up to me being a foreigner.
>>
File: bait.png (2KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
2KB, 512x512px
>>39115005
try sending that to POTUS or some other high politician or even better some banker like Rotschild and see what happen.

>p.s.: I don't even know what a gulag is u neanderthal

p.s. I see what you are doing here sir, good job, i admit you got me
>>
>>39115118
ok, you omega.
>>
File: review against the modern world.jpg (53KB, 790x600px) Image search: [Google]
review against the modern world.jpg
53KB, 790x600px
>>39111337
t.Leftist fag
>>
>>39111293
What is it that you really love anon? What is your passion?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.