[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'M SO FUCKING BAD AT EVERYTHING I JUST WANT TO BE

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

File: 1477143174134.jpg (43KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1477143174134.jpg
43KB, 351x351px
I'M SO FUCKING BAD AT EVERYTHING

I JUST WANT TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING
>>
File: e3b.jpg (31KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
e3b.jpg
31KB, 645x773px
>mom: you're good at computers
>>
>>39101838
I just know how to google things mom
>>
>>39101767
Youre good at being suicidal
>>
This. God I wish I was good at something or had a talent. Worthless.
>>
Sucks to suck, doesn't it?!
>>
I don't have any hobbies because I'm so bad at everything. nothing is interesting when you're bad at it.
>>
File: no problem.gif (1MB, 250x173px) Image search: [Google]
no problem.gif
1MB, 250x173px
>>39101767
>you just need to practice!
>pick an easy game
>2500 hours in Overwatch
>anyone with a few dozen hours of experience completly destroys me
You either have everything or nothing.
>>
>>39101892
holy shit, this this this

I was never interested in anything because it is just suffering without any achievements.
>>
>>39101898
Play other games. Play single player games or multiplayer games where it doesn't matter if you come first (forza horizon 3 is fun online).
>>
>>39101898
I had 2500 hours in dota 2 and I was never able to escape the 50th percentile skill rank

it used to be the main game I played. I don't really play anything anymore. multiplayer games just make me frustrated that I'm bad, single player games make me tired.
>>
> 2 years of Hearthstone
> best result: 10 rank
>>
>200 PUBG matches
>still have not won one
>>
>>39101838
>tfw

And it'll be another two and a half years before I can get paid to shill in the next election, so what am I supposed to get paid for? Frogposting?
>>
File: 1485051657332.jpg (34KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1485051657332.jpg
34KB, 560x560px
>only thing I have going for me in my entire life is a good deep voice tone
>can't do anything with it because of massive stage fright and a nervous speech impediment
>>
File: chevoos.png (2KB, 318x32px) Image search: [Google]
chevoos.png
2KB, 318x32px
>>39101955
The point is I wanted to be good in something. I have tons of games with every achievement but it means shit because everyone can do them if they spend a same amount of time I do, to play them. I want a single thing / game I'm good at but it is impossible. I was never good in anything in my life no matter how hard I tried.

It is so painful to see other people with perfectly normal lives, school, gf, career, family, own life who barely have time to play these games destroy me. Meanwhile I - a nolifer - am a beginner compared to them.

I have a friend who is an actor in a theater, has a gf and only plays a few hours a week and he is in Masters while I can barely hold platinum, I'm around the same rank when I started the game and I practice daily, watch videos etc.
>>
>>39101767
LEARN TO DRAW WITH ME
IM NOT GOOD BUT IM PRACTICING A LITTLE BIT EVERY DAY
ONE DAY I HOPE TO BECOME

OKAY
>>
>>39102020
Isn't that game free for all? I could never win free for all matches in any game. I'm only playing team based games and hope someone can carry me.
>>
>>39102134
there's 100 man free for all and there's 25 4-man teams

I don't have friends and I have performance anxiety so I don't play teams
>>
File: 1487204122085.gif (107KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1487204122085.gif
107KB, 500x357px
>above-average intelligence as a child
>parents and teachers overpraised you for achieving things in elementary school
>developed a reputation for being smart
>became unable to handle failure because I was expected to be smart and do things right
>completely degenerate and become stupid underachiever
>not smart anymore
>don't know how to practice
>don't know how to study
>no hobbies because I don't find things enjoyable when I'm shitty at them
>get frustrated and beat myself up over every little failure
>literally no personality, curiosity, or imagination anymore
>>
>>39102184
wow
its literally me
>>
>>39102184
Fuck
I feel for this to much
>>
>>39102184
A lot of these is sadly fixed with having tons of money

Buy shortcuts in life, like a coach, guide, teacher, the instruments, etc. to get started

If you have no real passionate interest, your hobbies are limited to work amd exercising
>>
try playing something like stepmania, anyone can get good at it as long as you keep playing it
>>
>>39102184
wew lad, stop stalking me.

>tfw pressured into the university scam because "Your too smart for normal work and will be miserable"

Thanks mum, now im miserable all the time having this responisbility weighing down on me to do good at something im only mildly interested in since it's too late to quit now and get nothing for it and I have no prospects so I can't really drop out anyway.
>>
>>39102184
now what. I'm so disappointed
>>
>>39102134
This so much, I've played so many mutiplayer games and could never win at free for all, no matter how much I played
>>
File: 1493369782807.png (667KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493369782807.png
667KB, 1000x900px
>>39102184
get over here buddy, i feel the exact same way

i wish we could comfort each other in spirit somehow
>>
>want to be good at something
>don't care enough about one thing to get good at that thing
>>
>>39104692
Same. I fucking hate this shit...
Orofnsbaginial
>>
File: 902.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
902.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>39101767
Your good at beng my frend OP
>>
>>39104728
you're good at making nice comments
>>
File: 1502036423599.png (158KB, 666x607px) Image search: [Google]
1502036423599.png
158KB, 666x607px
>Be young
>Basically autistic and don't have any hobbies other than video games
>Between the ages of 16-18 I become more normalfag
>Become interested in music and sports
>Love listening to albums all day, love watching my sports teams play
>But I got into both hobbies too late to be successful
>Now 21
>Too old now to get good and be successful at any sport
>Too old now to get good at any instrument or at producing music
>I will NEVER, EVER make a career out of the things I now love most

I want to die. Why did I have to waste my fucking youth? Wby is the world so badly rigged towards people who have successful and productive childhoods?
>>
>>39101767
Sucking at something is the first step in being sorta good at something.
There are a handful of exceptions to this in history, and even then we don't know how true they are, but nobody is born being good at something. Sure we are attuned to something from birth, like logic or creativity, but even that can be learned with enough practice.
Practice makes great and greatness in itself is just a lot of small things done well.
>>
File: 1502126708757.jpg (10KB, 331x473px) Image search: [Google]
1502126708757.jpg
10KB, 331x473px
>Start playing game EXACT same time as friends
>All my friends become good
>I'm still shit
>We've played almost the same hours

WhhhyyyYYYYYYYYYYYY RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>39101898
overrwatch is a trash game where you rely on a team usually composed with retards.If you want to actually test your skills and want to become insanely good at something then play some fighting game.
>>
File: mpv-shot0008.jpg (47KB, 720x352px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0008.jpg
47KB, 720x352px
>tfw procrastinating is hardwired into my brain and I'll never actually get good at something or even find a hobby I enjoy
>>
>>39102098
Get a good mic setup and start doing commissions my dude. Most interaction would be through a dedicated website or email.
>>
>>39104751
>>39104728
fuck you both
orignla lynch
>>
>>39105154
>sports
Are you fucking retarded?You know the only undefeated heavyweight champion on boxing was a guy called rocky marciano who only started fighting professionaly when he was 25?he did do like 2 months of amateur boxing while he was on the army when he was 20 but 2 months isn't much at all.
>music
Again stop being such a fucking retard.Search on youtube for a musician called daniel jonhston,he doesn't know how to sing,how to play any instrument to a master level but he still became a legend in the alternative music scene.

You are still 21 and you have a lot of doors open and you are also a normie.
>>
>>39105752
I played a lot of games, including fighting games before. I did practice until my controller broke (and no, not because I smashed it), then a bought a new and continued. Eventually I had a seperate controller for fighting games. Fighting games are the worst if you are bad. In other games at least you can pretend you are doing something.

Overwatch is pretty much my last resort, I couldn't find an easier game than this. Technically I can get carried all the time because it is team based and has a lot of retards. Problem is when the enemy and friendly team has an equal amount of retards and I could tip the scale but I can't.
>>
>>39105825
Not that guy but I bet your boxing champion didn't sit on his fat ass for 25 years before. If you look up late bloomer sport icons they didn't start working out when they were 20-30+ years old.

We are on /r9k/ people are weaklings here, either fatsos or skeletons who never did any sport in their life. Or maybe not and I am the only robot on the board
>>
>>39105788
how do you even get into that kind of thing?
>>
>>39105911
fighting games are the best if you want to have full control of the situation.If you lost it's because you did something wrong.You probably gave up on them after like 30 hour and even if you did you were probably learning the game the wrong way.You can't just *play* you need to think,if a move fucked you up then learn how to counter it,learn frame data,understand how the game works and continue the grind.justin wong admitted that he was a huge scrub and his best combo was two hits.He didn't learn the game,that's why he was a scrub at it despite him spending quite some time on the game.
>>
>>39101767
Practice autistically.
That's not even a joke. The reason people with autism tend to really excel at niche hobbies is because they are OBSESSED with those hobbies and will literally spend the entire day practicing that hobby, studying, reading up, and talking with others about it. Normies tend to, for example, play guitar for maybe an hour or two, get frustrated, then give up and go do something else like watch a movie. But aspies will literally repeat the same song for an infinite amount of time until they do it perfectly 10 times in a row. THEN they stop.
Long story short, aspies are really good at learning things they're interested in.

You have to practice autistically, anon. It's the only way.
>>
>>39105960
sure he didn't but op is 21 so he still has time to change.Look at roy nelson fat as fuck and still competes in mma.Same for roy nelson 2x ufc heavyweight champ who was fat.
>>
File: simp.jpg (15KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
simp.jpg
15KB, 245x184px
>>39106030
You see, this is one of the problems I'm facing when I trying to talk about my video game failures. People who are used to get better at everything they repeat more and more can't understand the suffering of people who are stuck on a low level. I understand people are taught by "if you can't do it then you must be lazy" mentality. You are also assuming I just didn't practice enough or didn't do it right because how on earth could someone be bad otherwise, right?. I was always slow compared to others. My overwatch friends who are having jobs and a normie life are all masters. They taught me a lot and I watched countless videos as well, I don't think I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, I'm just to slow to aim, too slow to make decisions etc.
>>
>>39106220
Did you grow up playing videogames?People who haven't usually have a harder time with videogames and reacting to what's happening on the screen.
>>
>>39106140
>"Nelson was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada and attended Cimarron-Memorial High School, where he competed in wrestling, football, and baseball."

I have a fat friend who was born on a farm. He never did any sports just did what he needed to do around the house. He can break me in half. Now the average robot is the "was born in a city and sit on his ass for 20 years type". It is a tremendous difference if your body is used to hard work from early age or not.
>>
>>39106256
I'm playing since I was 10 I think. I didn't have friends or hobbies, parents didn't care so I spent my entire life playing video games.
>>
File: 1502838807243.gif (881KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1502838807243.gif
881KB, 350x350px
>>39106282
>Now the average robot is the "was born in a city and sit on his ass for 20 years type"

Yep, this is it.

We were fucked from the start. Most of us did nothing but video games and internet for our entire childhood and teenage years. We developed literally ZERO useful or interesting skills. Now being useless and talentless is ingrained into our lifestyle. There's almost nothing you can do to break that, and there are countless things that are now completely off-limits because I only played video games as a child/teen.

Also really fucking sucks that, despite how much I played video games, I now no longer enjoy them and like >>39106220 I was never any fucking good at them anyway. Why am I so shit at everything?

The world is rigged. You HAVE to develop some form of skill or talent in the first 18-20 years of your life, or you're condemned to at best mediocrity and at worst failure.
>>
File: rising-storm BANZAI.jpg (230KB, 580x300px) Image search: [Google]
rising-storm BANZAI.jpg
230KB, 580x300px
>>39101767
>all the people bad at vidya after thousands of hours
I doubt youre as bad you say you are.
Im humble bragging but im really good, im not pro level, but whenever i play competitively in a game for 200 hours i usually end up mastering it to the point i can just play casually and rank top 3 on my team.
If that doesnt slund like you just take a long look at your playstyle, remove any thing from your play style that you feel results in a loss/death and then focus on what youre really good at specifically in the game.
Once youve become proficient in playing to your strengths you can improve upon your weaknesses.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.