[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a problem, /r9k/. I don't really browse this board

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1502530016398.jpg (115KB, 494x390px) Image search: [Google]
1502530016398.jpg
115KB, 494x390px
I have a problem, /r9k/.
I don't really browse this board often, I'm more of an /a/ and /v/ guy but I feel like you guys would understand.
I'm an autistic loser. I don't have any friends, mostly because I'm annoying. The only friends I have are a few guys I met over Steam. I've hung out with these guys for almost four years and I felt like we were close friends. Or so I thought.
First of all they're ignoring me. I'll invite them to play games on Steam or on ps4 and they'll just ignore me. They also stay suspiciously quiet in our group chat whenever I say anything. The worst part is whenever we do end up playing games they always use me as a verbal punching bag. I'll be honest, I'm not good at banter. I always freeze up because I'm scared my comebacks will just be fucking stupid. They know a lot about my personal life and my family issues so they'll make fun of me for that. They've made fun of me for being a high school drop out, they've made fun of me for not speaking to my parents after a huge falling out, and they even make fun of the fact that I've tried to commit suicide. They also don't talk to each other that way, just me. I just don't really want to hang around these guys anymore but at the same time they're literally my only friends. We've had really good times and they're the only people I really relate to. I don't want to just stop hanging out with them, but they're just treating me like dirt. I just don't know why they're suddenly treating me like shit.
How do I make friends, /r9k/? Should I just move on from these guys? They're not the type of people who are understanding of my anger.
>>
Well OP, you really only have two choices. You can continue to entertain people who don't really care about you, or you can want something better for yourself. Have some self respect and don't let people use you for their own means.
>>
fuck those gaylords if people are cunts to you don't stick around them either rape their boypussies or just fuck off somewhere else why waste time with them
>>
>>39081004
you're right, but I'm just worried about what will happen after that. I'm scared of interacting with people. I'm a pretty ugly guy so I can't hold a serious conversation with people face-to-face. I'm just scared that if I stop hanging out with my "friends" then I'll be even more alone.
>>
>>39081056
Do you really feel any sense of belonging when you're with them? Just because you're with people doesn't mean you're not alone emotionally.
>>
>>39081078
I really don't feel like I belong when I'm with them. I always feel like I'm "out of the loop" I guess. But at the same time, these guys do me happy. They're the only people I know that can bring me to tears with laughter. Our sense of comedy comes together perfectly. It's just lately they've been taking it too far with me. I've even told them how I feel and they just treat me like I'm irrational and "overly sensitive "
>>
File: 1468913962643.jpg (52KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
1468913962643.jpg
52KB, 521x521px
>>39080710
>Regularly browses /a/ and /v/
>Has autism
>Is annoying
>No friends

Imagine that.
>>
>>39081359
It's okay anon, I love you to.
<3
>>
>>39080710

>How do I make friends

Worry about not being a fucking loser first.

Then participate in clubs and sports and work and make friends like a normie.

Do NOT hang around people who treat you like shit just because you're lonely though. That's a terrible choice. At least guys who stay with women who treat them like shit do so because they're getting sex.

Hanging around male friends, people you're meant to be 100 percent yourself with and have shared loyalty with? No way, if they treat you like garbage.

I've been there in High School and it sucks. Just view the alone time as a chance to work on improving yourself.
>>
File: 1488666623897.png (897KB, 1060x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488666623897.png
897KB, 1060x1080px
>>39080710
i-i'll be your original friend anon
>>
>>39081553
>Worry about not being a fucking loser first
That's my biggest problem. I genuinely don't find things like sports interesting. Video games are the only thing that really hold my attention. I feel like I'd just be even more unhappy if I just kept doing something I don't really enjoy. It's why I'm in this situation.
I'll be honest, anon. I'm a manlet. I'm 5'5. It's almost impossible for me to be alpha in any way shape or form. I can gain all of the muscle I want but at the end of the day lightweights can't beat heavyweights. God pretty much made me to be stepped on.
I actually live on the same street as the people that bullied me in high school. They still fuck with me and I'm terrified to leave my house.
>>
>>39081744
>>39081744

That's fine. Make friends through video games.
>>
>>39081754
I suck with banter, man. I'm not funny or interesting at all.
>>
>>39080710
Actual autism? Maybe you should hang out with other autistic people.
>>
>>39081807
I don't know, I've never been to a therapist in my life. I do have anger problems and I'm very uneducated. And by "uneducated" I mean I'm stupid.
>>
>>39081994
You should find out if you have autism. You probably know how incredibly annoying they can be. Your friends do not respect you. By staying you're making a fool out of yourself. Stand up for yourself or leave. Stop being their bitch.
>>
>>39081772

Then why would anyone want to be friends with you?

You can get funny and interesting. It's a bit of work though.

A. Funny is hard, but you get it through watching other funny people and interacting with people a lot. That's maybe something you can work on or just admit defeat on.

B. Interesting is a bit harder. You will need to take up hobbies and interesting activities, and also increase your reading and knowledge beyond "video games and anime". You can start small, move out. Taking up an art is good. Photography is good because you get to wander and explore. Go to art galleries etc, just expand ur mind etc.
>>
File: mind matter.jpg (82KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
mind matter.jpg
82KB, 800x598px
>>39080710
your failures are merely a portent of future disappointments to come. Confront your future of being an autistic loser forever.
>>
>>39081056
>I'll be even more alone
Better to be alone than in bad company, if you ask me. Of course you'll be lonely, but you can work on overcoming your social anxiety. Even if you're ugly, no one has to know that when you're online. It's going to suck, but you can tackle this challenge, and as much as it sucks I think you know it's better than hanging around these toxic assholes.
>>
>>39082180
My biggest problems when it comes to being funny is just the general inflection in my voice. I could say something funny but the impact of the joke is nullified by my nasely voice. I'm just so utterly uncharismatic.

I've thought about trying to expand my horizons but I just can't. Whenever I try to exit my comfort zone I just feel like I'm forcing myself to keep going. I know it's my fault. I just want to be normal.

>>39082228
I don't understand how being alone will help with my social anxiety. Won't that make it worse?
>>
>>39082288

It's work man.

Just keep trying stuff until something sticks.

I mena, name five things you REALLY like, for me.
>>
>>39082218
But how do I do that? How do I confront my future? I'll never be normal and I'll never be content with this fact.
>>
>>39082305
I like video games, animals, books (although it's mostly fantasy stuff, /lit/ would hate me), and movies/television. I can't think of a fifth thing to be honest.
>>
>>39082317
you don't have to be content with it. just learn to taste the pain.

now i send you off to let misery and anguish fester and rot you out like it inevitably will. Its like a domino effect of pain your life.
>>
>>39082346

So choose components of video games to get good, at for one - Classic Gaming, SpeedRuns, Competitive CS, whatever.

Research the history of games and make youtube videos about them, starting even with playthroughs.

Take an interest in MAKING games, starting with simple text based adventures - this opens up a whole new sub-set of interests from coding to 3DCG. Go to gaming events and arcades etc.

>Animals

Take up wildlife photography or work at an anima shelter, volunteer style. Raise animals if you want - again, another whole world of possibility.

>fantasy

Again, another massive sub-culture. Many events to attend, many niche aspects of that sub-culture to explore. Try your own hand at writing - look at various communal writing sites.

>movies/tv

Photography, film festivals, making your own shorts, etc.

Also, "sport" doesn't have to be just Gym/Competitive.

Take up distance running - you can listen to your long ass fantasy books during the runs. You like animals, so you might like hunting, fishing and nature walks - take up hiking or other /out/ related sports if you can.

Force yourself to get a little outside of your comfort zone with movies and TV. Try /tv/ rec lists, and try understanding film theory via youtube channels that discuss it, at first.
>>
>>39080710
>they even make fun of the fact that I've tried to commit suicide
You know you can try more than once, right? Why do people give up after the first attempt? No one's stopping you m8 and it sounds like you and the world would be happier
>>
>>39082411
These are all good ideas but my biggest problem is I know I just won't end up being able to pursue these things. Like I said, I'm a high school drop out. I can't become a photographer or a game developer. They'll see an eight year gap in my resume and throw it in the garbage.
>>
>>39082418
Don't listen to this guy OP. If anything kill the normies. You just sound like you've hot low self esteem. It's no biggie in the long run. Things get better as you get older. Hold on in there and figure yourself out. Everyone feels like shit in my experience, even seemingly happy people. Either make peace with your own company and gain confidence that way, or reach rock bottom to the point where you dont give a shit anymore and start acting confident around others because you're no longer scared of the social consequences. All this comes naturally with time.

t. old man
>>
>>39082618
>Everyone feels like shit in my experience, even seemingly happy people

But those "seemingly happy" people get to have threesomes and go to parties. I want that also.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.