[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4 days into college >already isolated myselfrom all of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1223.png (318KB, 667x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1223.png
318KB, 667x360px
>4 days into college
>already isolated myselfrom all of my dormmates
think I'm boutta do it boys
>>
>>39069709
Woah is that Sammy Gunnz?
>>
File: 1502670141000.jpg (87KB, 953x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502670141000.jpg
87KB, 953x960px
>>39069709
>just started college
>thinks he should be a superstar by now
do it
>>
>>39069779
Yeah it's Sammy boy.
>>
File: IMG_1200.jpg (409KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1200.jpg
409KB, 1080x809px
>>39069811
Nah dude it's more like they fucking hate me than that they don't care. Actually everyone seemed pretty nice until today. I would do a lot of comedy banter. I thought they thought it was funny because they'd all laugh and respond positively but then like 30 minutes ago this girl told me she thought I was too much in other peoples business and everyone else seemedto implicitly agree.
>>
When I first arrived to my dorm, I stayed in my room for TWO MONTHS op. Then one day I worked up the nerve to ask one guy in the hallway what his name was. We talked awkwardly for a bit and then he left for the common room. I just followed him and sat there for a while, not talking to anyone. After that I returned to just sit there every day, and it didn't take long for someone to talk to me. By the end of the year I made two good friends and am pretty well acquainted with practically everyone in the building.

I'm just saying, it's never too late. Just talk to people you see, they're there for the same reason you are.
>>
>>39069882
So, you tried so hard, but in the end, it didn't even matter?

do it
>>
Stop being a try harding faggot and invite people to things that might be fun like a game or activity instead of clinging to them harder than a cling on.
>>
File: normie.png (266KB, 1273x873px) Image search: [Google]
normie.png
266KB, 1273x873px
you need to power through this, leave your door open, sit in the communal areas, make small talk, ask to go out with them ffs man, it will be difficult but you have to do this,

il be in the same position as you in a months time (britbong). every inch of this beach has been pre-sighted, you stay here, you're a dead man.
>>
>>39069882
How are you too into other people's business? Are you asking them really personal questions or something?
>>
>>39069923
You're here too man.
>>39069959
I mean it's a kind of small school so its difficult to avoid hanging out with the same people. Also the clubs haven't started yet. The only reason any of this bothers me is the similarity to my highschool dynamics. Everyone would treat me like the weirdo comedy-recluse guy. I can tell that the same thing is starting to happen again.
>>
>>39070080
Turns out you are the same person you were in high school huh.
It wasn't your environment or circumstance, it was you.
This realization sucks and will depress you.
Power through it.
Freshman friends go away. You're not here to find best buddies for the rest of your life. These people are your gateway drugs to finding your heroin. But if you don't have a gateway you'll be fucked.
Keep up the good fight.
>>
File: 1500754157965.jpg (38KB, 945x835px) Image search: [Google]
1500754157965.jpg
38KB, 945x835px
>tfw comfy as fuck working on online degree
sucks to be you OP
>>
File: IMG_1081.jpg (104KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1081.jpg
104KB, 750x1334px
>>39070039
hahaha no not really. Just really innocent stuff. This girl I was sitting in had this slip with a bunch of her cards and shit in it, lying next to her on the sofa cushion, so I picked it up and asked her why she didnt put everything in a wallet, because the cards themselves are light enough to fall out if they're just in a little slip. It sounds autistic but the idea was to take on like a mock-pedantic tone about a really minor detail in someones personal life. She made the accusation I already mentioned, then I acted faux-outraged and asked her for another example, and she brought up this situation like two days ago where all the students were going to one building but one of the girls in our dorm was biking in the opposite direction to put her bike back on a bike rack, and I asked her why she didnt just put it on the bike rack in front of the building we were going to and then told her I just wanted to improve her life. The reason that example was bullshit is that everybody laughed when I said that. Some other minor escalations happened after she brought up that example.
>>
>>39070162
I know what I want to do with my life and I think I probably have the drive to achieve it. It's just debilitating to not have reliable sources of socializing and sex when everybody else seems to.
>>
>>39070279
You have autism.
There's no cure but the symptoms can be managed.
Step 1: stop fucking giving people your unsolicited advice
Step 2: don't try to tease people, your autism prevents it from being fun.
Step 3: repeat steps 1 and 2.
>>
>>39070390
but people thought it was funny. There was laughter and shit.
>>
>not paying extra for a single room
You fucked up and you do not know the meaning of comfy. Total isolation is fantastic.

>mfw fapping whenever I damn well please to whatever sick shit I want
>>
>>39070471
You have even worse autism than I initially thought.
Look I don't really care if you believe me or not. I'm just telling you I knew people exactly like you and they had autism.
People laugh in the moment because it's a million times worse if they don't. But the second you're not around they ask each other what the fuck your deal is.

And the girls are the first to hate this kind of thing. Once you lose the girls the rest of the group will turn on you. Don't do it again. Or do, again I dot really care. Try being enthusiastic and complimentary instead of negative and accusatory.
>>
File: 20170716_153700.jpg (210KB, 640x1129px) Image search: [Google]
20170716_153700.jpg
210KB, 640x1129px
I start college in two days, here goes my last chance to turn my social life around
>>
>>39070552
I'm probably fucked either way by now.
>>
>>39070642
To add to this I've generally been really positive. These are just minor things.
>>
>>39070080
>Also the clubs haven't started yet.
In all seriousness just wait for them to start and join 2-3 clubs.

I was part of the D&D, baking, and ballroom dance clubs in college. The baking and ballroom dance ones had a ton of girls and I even went to competition for dance a few times.
>>
>>39070662
No it's really easy to tell exactly what kinda guy you are through those stories. You're high functioning autistic and annoying. You can't see it looking at yourself, and it's your curse.
Things a normal person would say- hey Sarah where you headed?
What you said - hey Sarah you stupid bitch why the fuck did you put your bike there when we're all going over there? Lol what is this envelope full of cards are you fucking retarded or something what if you lose it?

Stop it. People don't like to feel the way you made them feel.

Yeah you probably are fucked. The girls already made their decision. You can try to salvage it by being positive but good luck pulling a 180.
>>
>>39070759
Yeah you're probably right on both accounts. I believe you but I'll probably brush this off as being an unnecessarily negative outlook by tomorrow and continue making the same mistakes. It's just shitty.
>>
>>39070759
Do you have anything to ad? I feel like you've described my personality perfectly. Have any of your autist friends made it out?
>>
>>39070279
Holy shit, dude. Just hearing about it second-hand from your filtered viewpoint made me cringe. Please listen to the wise anon below...

>>39070390
>>
>>39070913
Dunno. I stopped being friends with them.

All I can say is stop with the criticism no matter how playful you think it is or no matter how much someone asks for advice, and especially no matter how smart you think you are.
Try to be a positive guy that someone would look forward to seeing. Have a genuine compliment or a funny story. Invite people to fun things. Be a facilitator of fun.
>>
>>39071261
Yeah man I'll try.
>>
>>39071261
It's just bullshit though. There are other people just as cringey-seeming as me that can just be liked by people.
>>
>>39071677
If they're liked by other people, then they are clearly not as cringey as you are to those people.
>>
>>39069709
FUCKING GO TALK TOT HEM YOU PIECE F SHIT DO NOT DO WHAT I DID
>>
>>39069709
>he already fucked up his college social life
You were probably being edgy and annoying. If your school is small, this will follow you until you graduate or transfer
>>
>>39070279
>I asked her why she didnt just put it on the bike rack in front of the building we were going to and then told her I just wanted to improve her life. The reason that example was bullshit is that everybody laughed when I said that
I think you're actually autistic. They laughing at the extremely autistic thing you said.
>>
>>39072248
>If your school is small, this will follow you until you graduate or transfer

After graduation, you might get a fresh start depending on your job. For the love of all that is holy, don't fuck THAT up too.
>>
You have only taken your first steps, I lived in a dorm room by myself for a solid two years. It was pure hell, couldn't stand anyone on my floor, and they all screamed, partied, blasted music, and slammed doors. Can't believe I actually graduated and made it through without killing myself or going insane, guess I have more willpower than I thought.
>>
>>39072386
or I could just le an hero like most of the people like me generally do. It seems less painful.
>>
>>39069709
OP here. I've decided to kill myself tonight.
>>
>>39073067

If you're serious, call a suicide hotline.
If you're just fishing for attention, kill yourself.
>>
>starting third year of college
>haven't spoken to anyone other than assigned lab partners since first semester
I don't understand why you people hate being alone so much. Do you just hate yourselves? It's like a vacation away from everyone else.
>>
>>39069882
Desu you should have told the girl she's a cunt and found new friends. Don't worry too much just keep meeting new people and you'll find a social circle
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.