[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Due to the mere mention of ANYTHING political, this post is unallowed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: beta-uprising.jpg (109KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
beta-uprising.jpg
109KB, 1200x800px
Due to the mere mention of ANYTHING political, this post is unallowed in /k/. But please try to keep the /pol/ shit to a minimum, if you can:

I'm a white male liberal living in a liberal town (Portland). I'm usually for gun control (or at least better gun regulations) and what have you. But recent events in Charlottesville, and other similar events throughout the 2010s, is starting to make me consider carrying a fire-arm on me.

Because the world, or at least America, is certainly becoming a less safe place for now. And I've definitely had encounters thus far into 2017 that made me wish a weapon was within my reach. In addition, I'm not only considering fire-arms for protection, but also have one in the hopes of deterring potential ugly encounters from even starting (if that's possible).

So what's a good weapon of choice for someone with virtually no gun knowledge? .45 sidearms have a nice ring in my ear. But I guess I should also come out and say there's a history of mental illness in my family. I've had MDD and PTSD (nothing related to guns) since I was a kid, and made suicide attempts before (but the last recorded instance was 2006). I've been in behavioural therapy since 2005. And I've never been committed or arrested for any reason whatsoever.
>>
>>39067402
So you didn't give a shit about other people's rights until YOU felt personally threatened? Just stay unarmed, this will all blow over soon enough
>>
>>39067402
>hundreds of deaths due to islamic terror
>no effect on you
>one guy runs over one girl
>ok i need to think about my defense

You're a cuck, and will die soon.
>>
I suggest a 12 gauge shotgun. Aim for your face. Unamerican shits like you deserve to suffer minority attacks or failed suicide attempts.
>>
>I'm usually for gun control
>there's a history of mental illness in my family. I've had MDD and PTSD (nothing related to guns) since I was a kid, and made suicide attempts before (but the last recorded instance was 2006). I've been in behavioural therapy since 2005.
well buy a rock then
>>
If you can get a firearm without revealing on your tests your insanity then purchase a Glock. It will serve you well; just watch your fingers near the slide when you cup it.
>>
I would recommend glock, like the anon above me but if you want something with a little more weight to it you cant go wrong with a sig sauer, or a colt
>>
>>39067402

>usually for gun control

Just die please. Now that it's all about you, you think guns are great?
>>
Also, if I recall Oregon laws correctly, as long as you were never involuntarily committed for mental illness, it's not only legal for you to get a gun, but your illnesses also won't show up on (most) background checks due to privacy laws.
>>
>>39067402
Learn how to use a real weapon like a bow or a boomerang or something.

If the world ends, you'll be able to raid a store and get what you need.

If a civil war breaks out, some foreign government will drop arms caches or whatever the fuck to stir up shit.

For everything else, just rely on traditional weapons. You'll be harder to handle and more self reliant. Bows, daggers, swords, boomerangs, stun rods, and so on.
>>
File: 123123.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>39067818

>like a bow or a boomerang or something
>>
File: dance.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>39067844
boomerangs are pretty OP if you know how to wield them.

>cannot pinpoint direction it came from
>can't hear it coming
>will KO you in one blow
>portable and light
>if you miss the boomerang returns to you, giving you infinite ammo
>>
I think the rest of the world could learn from Texas. Iirc theres a part kf texas now where you can legally carry a sword in public areas.
>>
File: how-men-and-women-take-photos.jpg (32KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
how-men-and-women-take-photos.jpg
32KB, 500x356px
>>39067402
trimming the bullshit and just posting
>what's a good weapon of choice for someone with virtually no gun knowledge? .45 sidearms have a nice ring in my ear. But I guess I should also come out and say there's a history of mental illness in my family. I've had MDD and PTSD (nothing related to guns) since I was a kid, and made suicide attempts before (but the last recorded instance was 2006). I've been in behavioural therapy since 2005. And I've never been committed or arrested for any reason whatsoever.
would let you get an answer on /k/ where people would actually know what the fuck they're talking about

you're like a chick, only instead of jamming your face into frame at every possible opportunity you're jamming your irrelevant political context into everything.
>>
File: op is a fag.png (53KB, 1167x571px) Image search: [Google]
op is a fag.png
53KB, 1167x571px
>>39067818
Yes, widely available guns are a shitty choice. Much better to find a boomerang or build a sweet stun gun.
>>
File: kurisutwirl.gif (364KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kurisutwirl.gif
364KB, 500x375px
>>39068026
A stun boomerang?

You're a genius!
>>
>>39067402
Buy a taser or mace. No need for a gun, particularly with your history of violence and mental illness.
>>
>>39068071
>history of violence and mental illness
where's the violence part?
>>
File: file.png (168KB, 1000x356px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
168KB, 1000x356px
>>39067917
amended the image for relevance
>>
>>39067557
stay P A T H E T I C
>>
>>39067402
>I'm usually for gun control
Just kill yourself. If you don't support freedom until someone threatens yours you don't deserve it at all.
Are you just now realizing that by voting for gun control you're voting to remove your own power?
>>
>>39067402
>coming to r9k for gun advice

Good thing mentally challenged people can't get guns.
>>
>>39067402
Please dont purchase a firearm.

Utter dipshits like you give us a bad name.
>>
>>39068207
There's a lot of us who shoot. We just don't share advice with pieces of shit like OP. He made his bed, now he can die in it.
>>
>>39068242
Sometimes I forget most of the board is murican.
>>
>>39067557
This. Kill yourself numale
>>
>>39067402
>muzzie shoots up nightclub
>not worried lol

>nigger gangs shoot each other up regularly
>not worried lol

>chang shoots up high school
>not worried lol

>whitey does anything
>WTF I LOVE GUNS NOW GIVE ME A GUN

It's nice for the confirmation that all you progs, commies, jews, and apathetic scum really fear in your hearts is the white man.
>>
>>39067891
>if you miss the boomerang returns to you, giving you infinite ammo
A boomerang returning to the thrower is a novelty trick done with a flimsy boomerang in open air at just the right angle while the wind is just right.
Irrelevant to boomerangs that are weapons and/or are being used as weapons.
>>
>>39068469
you're a fucking novelty trick go use your meme guns and get ptsd for all I care
>>
File: jiraiya.jpg (79KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
jiraiya.jpg
79KB, 600x450px
>>39067402
You can always move to the hood if you're scared of white people.
>>
>>39068954
The autist in me wants to correct you but the thought of OP actually falling for it is too good to pass up. Good advice, I agree with you.
>>
>>39069018

What is there to correct if the post doesn't exist? What did it say?
>>
>>39067818
I prefer the bow staff
>>
>>39067402
>So what's a good weapon of choice for someone with virtually no gun knowledge?
Don't do it. Weapons are an upfront cost. There are hidden fees, someone that attacks you has nothing to lose for it. Either they can afford it outright, or they can pool up enough people to keep attacking you. The lives they throw away doing it only matter since they can profit off it. Don't carry a weapon unless you think it's entirely dire people will risk anything to destroy you just because they can. It's surprisingly common that people can.
>>
>>39067402
Nice blog, faggot.
Sage
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.