[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that if you don't want to live on a isolated farm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

Reminder that if you don't want to live on a isolated farm in a forest you're not a true robot
>>
Dairyfag from before rural internet, you dont want this.
>>
>>39063098
Why not? I could grow my own food, or at the very least just buy grains and beans dry in bulk, frozen veggies
>>
Is this the ultimate robot lifestyle?

Right now I want nothing more in the world than to live self-sufficiently outside of town but close enough to my family so that I can visit them every week.
>>
>>39063188
I think so.
>peaceful and quiet
>get to enjoy nature, improved air
>no electric lights at night so sleep is improved
>get to plan the downfall of the western technocracy, write manifestos, and make b*mbs
>>
I want to make my own country that is very comfy and looks like your picture but with more houses who will join me
>>
>>39063144
Then get a lifestyle block close to town, being isolated is shit. You have to plan everything a month in advance and if you forget something whioe shopping then your fucked, also no money unoess your working.
Also fuck you, living off rice and beans is fucking horrible and trying to grow enough to eat is a full time job.
>>
>>39063224
So a compound type situation? Just make sure you're armed, friend. Idk what country you're from but none of them like people creating communities like that. Ex: Waco, Texas
>>
>>39063235
I'm from germany my government would take all my shit away and I would get a fine or something like that
>>
>>39063084
I want to live in a trailer home on my own land within walking/biking distance of a bunch of stores in Wyoming. It'll have Internet access and a king-size bed.
>>
>>39063228
I already live off of rice, beans, potatoes, lentils, aND fruit. As long as I have seasoning it's the perfect diet for me. Been eating this way for months
>>
>>39063252
Or they would just kill you all and burn your shit down and say you were violent
>>
You faggots have never worked a hard day in your life.

I inherited a small self sufficient cabin and lived in it for five years, it was non stop fucking work.

Growing your own food? Bit harder than putting a few seeds in the ground and watering it, mate.

What's that? Part of the celling just caved in due to termites having feasted on the wood over a course of times? Wait, what's that? It's a fucking thunderstorm and rain is now pouring into the cabin.

You faggots have no idea what it's like to be 'self sufficient' so don't say it's a comfy idea, because it's only fucking comfy one day of the week when you've finished doing everything you need to do just to ensure you fucking survive.

Also, growing a little patch of tomatoes and having running water and electricty does not count as self suficent.

Come back to me when you've lived in an isolated cabin with no electricity besides the one time you head up to town every few months to get materials or tools. and the only water you have is a lake ten minutes down the path, enjoy having to boil the water every fucking time.

So shut the fuck up.
But when you're not constantly busy it's somewhat comfy to nestle up on the porch, light a cig and just drink some old whiskey you stored away.
>>
>>39063084
fuck off, Jedediah
robots only live in dilapidated subsidized housing in grey and miserable concrete jungles, living in buttfuck nowhere means you have some kind of skill to avoid dying, and hence, cannot be a robot
>>
>>39063269
Oh boy we've got Henry Thoreau in the thread. I'm mostly talking about buying a farm or something relatively close to town, but being isolated and having no neighbors. Buying most of what I eat but teaching myself to grow food. I've got a book on building construction and maintenance that I could refer to when the need arises
>>
>>39063269
but its precisely the hard work that makes it so attractive.

We are miserable because we have too much free time, or we are just wagecucks who are forced to work for others instead of for our own selves.

Ted Kaczynski knew whats up.
>>
>>39063265
Or african refugees would come and rape everything dead it is really a bad idea to start something like this in germany
>>
>>39063283
I can cook. is that a skill, buddy?
>>
>>39063315
Dude if you don't want African or Muslim refugees to come to your farm and rape you and your family you are a bigot!! GTFO BIGOT!!!
>>
>>39063338
Yeah you're right I may do this and set up a beheading place for all the disgusting german white males and a rapey tent for all the empowered white womyn
>>
>>39063310
There's a difference between Romanticising something and actually doing it.

Not saying that it wasn't a good experience, it was amazing.

Had finished my 5 years in the French Foreign Legion, had kinda wanted to be alone for awhile, being around people 24/7 was a fucking nightmare for 5 years.

But be prepared for anything, and the noises man.

Oh shit, that's some spooky shit. I've been shot at, stabbed at but nothing amounted to the wilderness, complete isolation.

It's fucking terrifying and I still hadn't gotten used to it, just learned to live with the noises, sometimes you swear that shit did not come from an animal.
>>
>>39063310
>We are miserable because we have too much free time, or we are just wagecucks who are forced to work for others instead of for our own selves.
sweet Fight Club philosophy my good sir, i do tip my hat to you :^]
>>
>>39063303
Fair enough u nigger, beware though, just because you're learning how to do something from a book does not make it easy to incorporate it in real life, especially when you have no experience beforehand.
>>
>>39063269
My plan is to hire people to fix my home. >>39063253 was also me. I just hope my plan is reasonable
>>
>>39063310
Then get a dairy job, trust me mate having a remote lifestyle block is way more fucking work then you think. Youll be suicidal again within the week.
>>
>>39063383
make sure you have money saved up beforehand, and not a bit, you need alot.

Trailer sounds pretty comfy yeah, but it wont be the same as a wooden cabin in the wood.
>>
No thanks, grew up isolated in a mountain cabin, the whole incest hillbilly experience. Mabye it's something if you've never lived it.
>>
>>39063228
Those who've grown up at farms hate it and long for city life, and those who've grown up in the city long for peace at the countryside. It's a neverending cycle and neither is trult worse than the other when you're actually honest about it.
>>
>>39063404
Well ive got my house in town and easy plastering job now, trust me this is better.
>>
>>39063396
We are suicidal even though we have no hard work to do.

If people were suicidal because of all the work that pre-industrial living required, we would all have offed ourselves. Its the hard work that prevents suicide. Ennui makes people suicidal

That lifestyle would only make you suicidal if you had no qt wife to keep you company
>>
>>39063402
How much money would be enough? I was hoping 500k in a three-fund portfolio would be enough, moved to a charitable trust so I wouldn't have to pay so much in taxes. Assuming an average return rate of 4% over time, I would have 20k a year to live off of. This is also ignoring welfare and social security.
>>
>>39063438
Well I grew up in an apartment in a downtown of a major city and moved into rural area by 25, and I do think I dodged eventual self inflicted gunshot wound to the head by doing so.
It's all about what services you expect you're entitled an effortless access to I guess.
>>
File: whomst.jpg (85KB, 710x823px) Image search: [Google]
whomst.jpg
85KB, 710x823px
Is it our lifestyles that need to change? Or is it our perceptions of the present moment that needs changing?

Are we all gonna move into the woods and realise that the problem isn't living in a city?
>>
>>39063531
Might be. I just know that I'm motivated most when I'm alone. I figured being in the woods in a isolated house would be just about as alone as I could reasonably be
>>
>>39063084
>after the nuclear war
ftfy
>>
>>39063531
I do doubt that if you don't feel too great living in a busy metropolis you should first assume there's something wrong about you personally.
Evolution hasn't molded us for that kind of living. The moment we left close knit, relatively small village communities we've been exponentially miserable. That's a fact.
>>
Kek all these faggots in this thread think subsistence farming is such a great way of life. I worked on a commercial farm for several years and it's not what you fags think it is. If you want to completely provide for yourself you'll have to start work before the sun comes up and don't stop until the sun goes down. If you're lucky you'll get an hour or so for lunch. You faggots can't even get a job at McDonald's what makes you think you could work 16 hours a day 7 days a week?
Also since up until now you've sat in your basement eating shit and never exercising you wont even be physically capable of doing the manual labor.
You'd just starve to death and everyone would laugh at you for trying to be some neo frontiersman
>>
>>39063365
>fucking retard doesn't know what radical freedom is
>>
>>39063084

Daily reminder that if you worry about other people, you aren't a true robot.
>>
>>39063931
He speaks the troof
>>
>>39064050
And yet here you are on a social media website, sharing images and interacting in threads. Retard
>>
>>39063084
There's no internet there
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.