[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I left my life of video games and tedium to go travel the planet

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1203656.jpg (22KB, 299x357px) Image search: [Google]
1203656.jpg
22KB, 299x357px
I left my life of video games and tedium to go travel the planet instead.

I'm right now in a major city in Asia with nothing holding me back. And what do I do? I stay in my Airbnb all day, shitpost, and play old vidya on my laptop.

It's been like this for 6 months now. I've been forcing myself out of my comfort zone, done manual labor on farms, hitchhiked, gone fishing, and met a shitton of interesting people. Literally nothing is keeping me from going out to a bar right now and have a blast, or go get laid at a brothel. Yet I'm here.

When does it change? When do I change? How much longer do I have to introspect and try new things to force a permanent change on my personality?
>>
>>39060746
Everyone has a purpose anon, and like you and me, our purpose is to stay inside and shitpost.
Welcome to hell.
>>
>>39060838
I reject that.

It doesn't make me happy. It used to, but not any more. I want to find something else that does.
>>
i will be doing something similar soon, how do you get the jobs?
>>
>>39060902
WWOOF'ing and just asking people.
>>
>>39060902
Champ...
originally
>>
>>39060909
>just asking people
thanks dad
>>
>>39060941
Hey man, you fucking asked.
>>
you force yourself to do it, over and over again, until it becomes habit. You go out to that bar, get fucked up. You go out to the brothel, and smash some teenage asian girl (male). You get fucked up until getting fucked up is all you know how to get.
>>
>>39060746
So you did, what they call in A.A, a geographical. You went somewhere new but you took your issues right along with you.
>>
>>39060746

travelling is a meme, you fell for it
>>
>>39060989
Yeah.

How do I fix it?
>>
>>39061127
Fucked if I know. Life is a vehicle by which information replicates itself in the form of DNA. Any other meaning is purely subjective. Maybe you should take up mountaineering? That sounds pretty good to me.
>>
File: 1497160948257.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497160948257.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
Not to sound trite, but there's a reason most religions agree that true happiness comes from within.
You can go all over the world, replace shitposting on /r9k/ with fucking Thai ladyboys, and it won't change a god damn thing. External things are temporarily fulfilling at best, sometimes not even that.

What are you supposed to do then? That's the big question.
>>
>>39061282
find a cause to die for and kill the enemies of that cause until you breathe your last
>>
>>39060746
Maybe you've just found what you prefer. You don't like travelling or any of this shit. All you want is to shitpost and play vidya.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Do what you have to in order to fund it, and then do what you love.
What's wrong with enjoying a life of videogames? Why are you trying to force an unnatural change?
>>
>>39061396
Because even that ended up not being fun any more.
>>
>>39060746
It doesn't get better you retard. Eaither you lie to yourself and say "what this world has to offer is good enough and I guess I'll enjoy it" or you say "the best years of my life where spent escaping and the world is actually really shitty with nothing worth living for." your pick, but don't pick the obvious one
>>
>>39060746
>I'm right now in a major city in Asia with nothing holding me back.

If you're white then you could be banging hot chicks every day.
>>
>>39061545
That's a myth and complete bullshit.
>>
>>39061647
Here in America I see pretty Asian girls with the most revolting white guys all the time. I'd assume it's the same in Asia.
>>
>>39060971
Why?
That sounds like a fucking shit habit to develop. I wouldn't enjoy forcing myself into developing the habit, I don't think I would get any pleasure at the end of it, and I certainly don't think I'd consider it a proud of fulfilling life.
>>
>>39061698
then dont do it? whats your problem? this is your life.
>>
>>39061365
This. I'm gradually coming to see the meaning of life is to struggle. To find a worthy goal, and fight brutally tooth and nail to achieve it, and then to do it again. To come up against adversity and conquer it for the sake of manifesting your will into reality.

But I just can't find a worthy goal.
>>
>>39061683
>>39061647
It's really not. My first night in China I had some 9/10 Mongolian rocker chick tonguing my ass. My first night in Thailand I had some qt nurse screaming my name. Singapore I hooked up with a professional model. Malaysia, Cambodia, Indonesia, fucking everywhere.
>>
>>39061784
Not Japan, I assure you.
>>
>>tfw not doing anything just stareing at the ceiling all day
>>
>>39061743
Iknowthatfeeling.jpg
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.