[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /r9k/, I'm finally gonna do it. I'm gonna ask a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
Ok /r9k/, I'm finally gonna do it. I'm gonna ask a girl out. She's way out of my league but we're close friends and everyone but me thinks I have a chance.

So how do I ask her out?
>>
>>39054939
"hai bich, wann fucc?"
>>
good luck anon
try not spilling your spaghetti and saying something like "hey, wanna go out on a date?" if she turns you down then tough luck
>>
>>39054939
Ah I see anon Well there's plenty more fish in the water so just go ask her out if she rejects you guys still can be friends.
>>
>>39054973
>>39055003
Thanks anons.

I'm just trying to figure out the right wording/phrasing so it's clear I mean it as a date but not in a cringe/autist way. I'm thinking something like "Can I take you out to diner?"
>>
>>39055003
don't fall for the still be friends meme, you'll never be able to loot at her face again
>>
>>39054939
you sound like my friend Lucas
>>
>Hey you free X day/This weekend
say this before you ask her to somewhere
>>
>>39056146
This but follow it up with an idea. Dont say "hey you free x day? Oh? Okay you wanna go on a date?", say something more like "hey you free x day? Oh? Okay, you wanna go see a movie/meet up etc.?". Dont ever ask for "a date". Make a date.
>>
>>39054939
Be confident, if you are friends with her then you know what she wants to do. If she turns you down and you only want a romantic relationship you won't be able to talk to her without hating yourself plus it would be awkward and she will never look at you as anything more than a beta cuck.
In my personal experience I have fucked a girl and then became friends with her but I don't actually start off being friends with a girl. Be direct, be honest and most of all don't be a fucking pussy.
>>
Be careful, if you're already close friends you'll ruin that and make her really uncomfortable/scared of you if she doesn't feel the same way. Asking girls out should be like proposing marriage - you shouldn't do it unless you know the answer is yes.
>>
>>39055165
DONT DO THAT
Nobody says that.
instead try, "hey, you wanna go grab a bite to eat later?" or "hey, wanna go grab some food later?"
"can I take you out to dinner" sounds like you're kissing ass to her. Just ask her in a friendly, easygoing manner if she wants to go eat somewhere. It's not hard so long as you don't get overwhelming anxiety from trying to get yourself to say it.
>>
>>39054939
You don't.
Trust me, OP, you think you have a chance, but you DON'T. Everyone is lying to you.
The only reason this girl has shown a modicum of interest in you is to give you false hope. She wants a shoulder to cry on when Chad dumps her. She will never want you. Don't even try.
>>
>>39054939
My go -to is wanna get some coffee?

>1st date is coffee shop for like 20 min just talk try to break the ice, if goes good can go for a walk in a park or something
>2nd date if I get it is at a casual restaurant/bar with some alcohol to increase confidence/charm stat
>3rd is netflix/chill wit wine/beer nd fug
Rinse and repeat

I'm no expert but it works for me
>>
>>39054939
Holy fuck, asking for dating advice on r9k?

Im not chad but im banged plenty of girls because I turned my awkwardness into being funny and genuine.

If anyone says "ask her for dinner" tell them to kill themselves. 2 hours awkwardly staring at eachother?

Go to a bar, find a place to people watch and have a drink or two.
>>
>>39058030
The only right answer for anyone on this board. It's not worth the risk for people like us.
>>
>>39054939
I've always asked girls out by saying "So when are you gonna buy me dinner?" or something like that. Girls usually like that kind of humor.
>>
>>39058257
>Girls usually like that kind of humor
They absolutely do not
>>
Originally, who is this semen demon?
>>
How did it go Opie?
>>
>>39058271
It's worked for me most of the time. The only girls that don't are ones from /r9k/, but they look like they smell like skunk so why would you want them?
>>
File: 1497896167855.jpg (612KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497896167855.jpg
612KB, 1280x960px
>close friends

This doesn't really work the same way it does in a movie.

IRL a girl will size you up after meeting you and if she likes what she sees she'll do things to hint that she likes you. At that point you have a narrow window of time to ask her out or she'll lose interest forever.

They're simply not wired like guys are. They don't stay obsessed with the same person for months/years like guys do. They don't realize their best friend was the love of their life all along.
>>
>>39058319
This. If you're "close friends" with a girl she's already rules you out.
>>
OP here. I'm asking her when she gets back to campus later this week. I just want to prep so I sing spaghetti.

Honestly I'm a pretty likable and funny guy, I get invited to parties and shit, people think I'm funny. I just can't seem to figure out dating though. Like it's just something that didn't happen to me.

If she says no, I know she can put this awkward incident behind her. She's good at shit like that.

For the anons saying I'm basically frirndzoned, I'm not sure. She chooses to spend a lot of time with me that she could spend catching up on sleep or hanging out with Chads. Like she asked me to go to the airport when she gets in, not even to pick her up just to be there to keep her company.

We get food together and coffee and stuff all the time so I'm just afraid saying something like that will be too casual and the intention might be lost. I need to come up with something to ask more formal than coffee/bar but not "date". Something that says "Hey lets do something moderately romantic that's different from our usual routine"
>>
>>39058543
>For the anons saying I'm basically frirndzoned, I'm not sure. She chooses to spend a lot of time with me that she could spend catching up on sleep or hanging out with Chads. Like she asked me to go to the airport when she gets in, not even to pick her up just to be there to keep her company.
This is all meant to bait you into orbiting her. Do not ask to date her unless she has a guy pointing landing signals at her vagina.
>>
>>39058543
>He hasn't read ladder theory
If you're not sure, you're in the friendzone.
>>
>>39054939
Don't overthink it, just do it. Something like "wanna grab a coffee or go out on a date?" should suffice.
>>
What I'm getting from is that there may be more than bullshit friendzone shit going and you're not a complete autist so you can read some signals.

I personally think you should go full romantic on it. This is based on my experience with women whom I had inadvertently friendzoned because I was a robot who didn't think a woman could attracted to me. When I went to pick up a girl I was friends with, suddenly she's wearing a full glamorous dress and make-up for us to go to modest but still decent restaurant with romantic ambiance. Turns out... that's when -SHE- wanted me to make the move but I was too insecure and nerdy. We ended up hooking up anyway when she couldn't balance her attraction to me with the stupid feminine need to play games. Mind you... this girl was ALSO way out of my league.

Take her to a nice romantic restaurant. Dress well. Leave as little room for ambiguity in your gesture. Let the gesture do the talking. Give her the preview of YOU the lover and not YOU the friend. From there, gauge how she feels. Is she basking in the romance because she's feeling it? Or is she nervous because she feels like you're putting the screws to her and pressuring her? From there ask what she wants to do. Does she want to get a quiet nightcap or catch a late night movie to go along with intimacy and enjoy more of ANON THE LOVER? Or does she want to do something fun and casual like going to live music show or gallery opening with ANON THE FRIEND?

If she elects the more intimate one, you're in. If she leaves it for you to decide... you're in. She WANTS you to decide the intimate option.

Everytime I've hooked up with a girl... I never saw it coming which is stupid. They were always the ones who initiated it because I was too insecure to consider myself attractive.

Also: I feel like in this age of Tindr, pick-up culture and this cruel delineation of friend and lover people have forgotten the culture of courtship.
>>
File: 1495800211601.gif (545KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495800211601.gif
545KB, 400x400px
>>39058013
>>39056466
Don't listen to these guys
Make sure she knows you have romantic intentions.
Otherwise you're asking for trouble

>>39058319
This is not true
t. fucking my friend
>>
>>39054939
Okay real shit,
"Hey (her name here) you fancy going out to (the place you want to go, I suggest a movie then dinner. Movie is to talk about over dinner)?"

That's all you need mate trust, aslong and no spaghetti you should be g
>>
If it goes tits up (you're on R9K so don't get your hopes up) don't get sad, don't get weird, just go "Okay, don't sweat it" and try as hard as possible to look like you don't give a fuck and that you're moving on to other girls. If she thinks you don't give a shit and are gonna fuck other girls the friendzone barrier will break real quick.
>>
>>39060832
Also anon, don't try to force that you're gonna ask out other girls immediately, wait a few days and when she asks you 'whats up' or 'hows your day going' just casually mention you're feeling good, you've got a cute cinema date later.
>>
>>39060027
Thanks anon. That sounds like really sound advice. I appreciate it.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.