[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>got so board that you're teaching yourself the ancient

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1406584683044.png (74KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1406584683044.png
74KB, 499x499px
>got so board that you're teaching yourself the ancient Sumerian language and history

>the dictionary has a word/name for spacecraft pilot
>>
>>39038563
what is planet nibiru
>>
>>39038585
Saturn.

But why test me? I don't know the damned language.
>>
>>39038585
But Kaimanu is satrun it says as well. So you testing me is indeed pointless because I don't understood anything yet.*
>>
NO wait, I was misled, it's uranus.

Thaks anon that's funny.
>>
Having read farther into it I'm still unsure. Clearly it's not a planet but a path.....
>>
I guess it's actually a star that they used like the north star but were more poetic about it.....

Why do you ask me such complicated question anon?
>>
You know what fuck nibiru and you too anon, because I'm reading contradicting shit.
>>
Hi, I'm Dingir.
>>
Maybe Nibiru was the ship they use to get to earth...

>>39039150
Hello. You are gods?
>>
My final answer is the planet doesn't exist but it's where some (((special beings))) came from in their culture. Though reading about it seems contradicting, it's not like I'm going to read a book in a day.... annunaki. They came from nibiru.
>>
For the record I WAS just teaching myself how to write in the language and speak it, wasn't actually interdasted that much in the culture until I came across evidence of aaay. But thanks for pointing out the word nibiru to add to that...

>just think, the normies are out partying this saturday night and you're wondering about acient sumerian culture....
>>
File: image.png (16KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16KB, 228x221px
>>39039320
I appreciated your thread anon. Thanks for being interesting
>>
>>39040210
Tank yuu.

By now I've read farther into it about it being a precursor to the abrahamic flood myth and such. You figure the first written language has to be worth looking into.
>>
>>39040280
by it I mean their myth of course, not anything to do with that planet*

Just that the flood myth came from the mesopotamians.
>>
>>39038563
gief proof
>>
>>39038563
Do you know how to express the frase "autistics should be put to death" in Sumerian? If so, can you write it in the thread?
Top thread by the way, much appreciated.
>>
We wuz samarians and sheit
>>
>>39038563
I think the Sumerians were probably one of the most advanced civilizations to ever have existed. There's no doubt in my mind they had contact with aliens.
>>
How many people know ancient Sumerian? Are there any untranslated texts uploaded online that you could be the first to translate? And if not, which dead ancient language has the lowest ratio of fluent readers to untranslated texts?
>>
>>39040414
I'm working on it. Harder than you might think, even with incorrect grammar.
>>
>>39040546
I'm reading a dictionary right now, and a book about them from the sixties. PDF's I downloaded.
>>
>>39040546
Might be Sanskrit. There's a relatively large group of people who can read it fluently (Sanskritists) or have some knowledge of it (for PIE-linguistics), but the corpus of texts is staggeringly massive and the vast majority of them remains untranslated.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
10KB, 225x224px
Daku means to be executed.

There is more than one phrase for die. ANd there is a word for wise but I don't see stupid, so I'm trying to find a way to say, the unwise should be executed, or the not wise are to be executed, but there's just so little structure to put it together.

>ina zu
the wise
> balu
without

>ina balu zu daku. lu sunu ana simtim alaku
The without wise execute. Let they go to one's fate.
Or in

>balu emqu daku. lu sunu adi la basi alaku

Without wise execute. Let they die (basically)

I have no idea how their grammar works :((((

First days are a bitch.
>>
>>39040812
Thanks for the info anon, keep on keeping on with the language. Might be a good idea to make another thread when you've advanced more, it would be really cool to have a resident sumerologist!
>>
>>39040812
>ancient mesopotamians watch OP's word salad in silence
>>
>>39040812
Where do I find the pdfs?
>>
>>39040911
nvm, originally found it!
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-13-10-06-13.png (113KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-13-10-06-13.png
113KB, 1024x600px
>>39040328
>>39040328
>give proof
Here you go anon.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.