/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have been a neet for four years >In that time I didn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: 1502332209034_0.png (208KB, 381x384px) Image search: [Google]
1502332209034_0.png
208KB, 381x384px
>have been a neet for four years
>In that time I didn't learn anything or do anything productive

And now my parents are forcing me to be a wagie... dont waste your time as a neet my friends.
>>
File: iphonedad.png (1MB, 500x888px) Image search: [Google]
iphonedad.png
1MB, 500x888px
>>39027937
Hope you've practiced shaking hands, boy.
>>
>neet for 3 years
>did nothing worthwhile or productive, learned nothing and made no friends
>wageslave for 3 years
>did nothing worthwhile or productive, learned nothing and made no friends
6 years down the drain
>>
>>39027937
interestingly enough my 4th year of the "neet" lifestyle was when most of lifes realities began to dawn on me. the 5th and 6th changed everything.
>>
>>39027937
Wagecucking won't change anything. Now you'll just have less time for your hobbies.
>>
>>39027937
Yeah I know what you mean. I've been NEET for 24 hours now and the lack of direction is really starting to get to me.

We're 2 of a kind, you and me.
>>
>>39027937
Not shit Sherlock!!! You gotta pay dues first.
>be me
>@18, become pizza delivery driver, earning $26k a year
>@21, obtained my Class A CDL, get recruited at nearest transportation company, earning $56k for 8 months a year
>do this for 10 years
>now, @31, saved like a kike, lived rent-free the whole time because of roomies with grandparents and have a annual cost of living of $15k a year
>in the process of becoming part owner of a local liquor store and part landlord of my uncle's rental property
Trucking is EZ, jackpot money if you have a clean driving record and like handling a beast of a machine!
>inb4 automated trucks
Maybe in 30 years, but still, there will always be a human behind the wheel (mostly autopilot mode though) because of legal/security/emergency reasons.
You could make $44k for six months a year just working regional gigs.
>>
>>39027937
You really think by wagecucking you do something productive ?
You just make more shekels for shareholders.
Just get the salary and don't work your ass off.
>>
>>39029237
>bad vision
>poor focus, even when I'm awake often find it difficult to concentrate on something like driving for a long period of time (eyes stick on a point in my field of vision and it's physical effort to move my focus, start forgetting to process the road in front of me, etc.)
>all day driving would depress me, especially driving through areas and knowing I couldn't stop or even slow down
>>
>>39029110
But you'll have money
>>
File: 1395354394394.jpg (26KB, 151x174px) Image search: [Google]
1395354394394.jpg
26KB, 151x174px
>was a neet for 3 years
>did nothing productive for 2.5 years
>one day remembered that I used to like programming for fun, just flash games and shit that I would submit to Newgrounds. Had also dabbled with other languages over the years.
>spent 6 months filling in the gaps in my knowledge and learning web development, mostly Javascript because its comfy, reminds me of Actionscript that I used to make flash games with.
>write resume
>mention that time I revamped someone's website but make it sound way more technical to impress the recruiters... This is literally the only "work experience" on my resume
>rest of the resume is a "skills" section filled with every buzzword, language, framework, library and tool I've ever used or think I could learn in a weekend... because I know that recruiters just match keywords and hope for the best because they have no idea what the job actually involves
>throw some tutorial-level web applications on Github.
>6 week job hunt... recruiters actually called me.
>walk into a comfy well-paying office job doing stuff I enjoy
>got an automatic 17% pay rise after being there for a year.

Feels good man
>>
File: 4cd.jpg (82KB, 1024x812px) Image search: [Google]
4cd.jpg
82KB, 1024x812px
>>39029110
>>39029249
wasn't the point, retards.

The point was that I had 16 hours of freetime TIMES 4 years. That over 23000 hours.

I have nothing to show for it. No job experience. No skills. No friends. No traveling. Nothing.

It's like I was in a damn coma. I didn't even have any fun. I'm saying I wish I read books,did sports, had sex, etc with all my freetime as a neet. Not waste it ob 4chan or dumb videogames.
>>
>>39029357
I'm proud of you anon
originanally
>>
Ive been neet for two years and facing a similar dilemma all i do is shitpost i can even muster the energy to play vidya or read books.
>>
>>39029317
FUCKKKK!!!! C'MON!!!! PUMP YOURSELF UP !!!!! GET PSYCHED BRO!!!!! GET GAINZ!!!! RICH PIANA IS A MADMAN!!!!
HE'S GONNA LEAVE HUMANITY BEHIND!!!
Seriously, checkout dispatch then. $40k a year. I'm leaving the transportation industry in October, but in the logistics department, they needed trainees for dispatch and representatives. Check out your local transportation company.
>>
File: space jew.jpg (28KB, 260x246px) Image search: [Google]
space jew.jpg
28KB, 260x246px
>>39028216
At least you contributed to society goy.
>>
File: sailboat.jpg (235KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
sailboat.jpg
235KB, 1600x1071px
>>39029791
>dispatch
Get too depressed if I sit still. I currently work construction, and I move to new cities on a semi-regular basis, so it's a nice choice in that it's ridiculously easy to get a new job within two or three days, and a paycheck within one or two weeks.

Downside is, if I keep moving it's difficult to get enough hours anywhere to get any licenses and it'll probably take me a decade or more to get full journeyman. If I settle down maybe I can be some kind of journeyman within five-ish years o.o

I have nothing against the transportation company, but I'm too autistic to do anything that doesn't keep me mentally involved and interested, my mind drifts off too easy unless I'm doing something physical like installing beams or running electric lines or something.
>>
>>39029919
My brother does a quadruple job combo that actually pays him a total of $60k a year (on average), is fun, never dull and actually leaves a lot of time for him. It's the following with different timeframes;
>forestry
>carpentry
>DJing
>eradicating feral swine from private, commercial and public land/property
>>
>>39029357
did this really work anon, what kind of businesses did you apply to? im just having such a hard time in the job search now, unemployed for 3 months now and im self taught like you. i just want to have a job at least, bad enough to still be living at home and being a khv. i am happy for you though, any time a robot wins we all win i think. the world hates us.
>>
File: 1489732646884.png (146KB, 671x519px) Image search: [Google]
1489732646884.png
146KB, 671x519px
NEET for two years. I could have done something productive with my time but now all I have is a gap in my resume.
>>
I WAS a NEET for a long time, trying to break out of it now, and as i am trying to break out of it i remember exactly why i became a NEET to begin with, i suck at absolutely everything.

To try and learn something i am having to spend 10+ hours a day studying it. Gave up vidya, movies, TV, etc....

It's on me for being a slug while i was a NEET though.

Unless you have 10 million dollars and are 100% sure you can stay a NEET forever. Be trying to pick up some marketable skill while you are a NEET. Or you will regret it when you finally have to leave
>>
File: 1475737866882.png (1MB, 1024x558px) Image search: [Google]
1475737866882.png
1MB, 1024x558px
>>39030234
Everything but the DJ-ing sounds neat, I'm far too meme-autistic to do something so social and scene-y. Does "eradicating" mean relocating, or just the old-fashioned gunpowder method? I know feral swine can pack a punch.

Forestry and carpentry are both neat, I'd imagine forestry you either have to do a lengthy application for a summer temp job every year with a long start-time wait period, or stay put in one place for a while?
>>
>>39029782

i would of left anyway even if it wasnt for money issues. After a while i started sitting there playing vidya, i couldnt get into it anymore. When i first started i could go into a coma and play easy 15 hours a day. At the end, even 20 minutes in i would be sitting there asking myself, why am i sitting here, why am i playing this.

When you get to that point it s over
>>
>>39030314
Here in California, there are many small businesses that get contracts to do deforestation in fire hazard areas, and there's always so many to clear, they struggle recruiting workers (week long assignments, far way). The carpentry part, there are many customers the want absolute finished orders or want basic shapes (so they do the finished product). The DJing, shit, so many gigs in SoCal. Abput the killing of wild pigs, many states in the South West need eradicating. That's just swine, there are many other critters.
>>
>>39030461
>The carpentry part, there are many customers the want absolute finished orders or want basic shapes (so they do the finished product).
So that's construction carpentry, I'm assuming, not small-scale woodwork like cabinetry? I've done some framework, it's pretty comfy. Small scale cabinetry is nice too, I do it solo a lot and if I could fully support myself making stuff like tables and dressers I totally would.

I didn't know about the deforestation stuff, I'll have to keep that in mind. I'm about to move to Oregon, I imagine there's a lot of that up there too. I know logging is still decently large up there.
>>
Neet for 9 years. Learned nothing in that time. Tv shows came and went. So many games finished its a blur. Wasted life. Waiting for the end now.
>>
>>39027937
How exactly are you going to become a wageslave? Who in their right fucking mind will want to hire you?
>>
>>39030953

not the OP, but we should do some epic level thread on advice for breaking out of NEET'dom. I dont mean just job suggestions, cause we all have different talents and skill sets, well most do, i dont.

But, where to start, ideas for filling time gaps that will actually work, jobs for people like me with absolutely no fucking skills.

I just wound up picking a thing worst case i can do from home, best case i can do at an office, and sit around all day trying to learn it, even though i dont really have any sill at it
>>
>>39029110
That's what I'm worried about.

I need a cool job that I can really get into. I don't have any direction for this at the moment, so my motivation is completely sapped. If I could find something I enjoyed and had a goal to work towards, I would be incredibly disciplined about working.
>>
>>39031193
Saying you were self-employed is one option, but you'd have to be a damn good liar. It's hard as fuck to iron over a 4 year employment gap.
>>
>>39030953
I was a NEET for four years, did one online application, and got hired.
>>
>>39027937
Same here m80. 24 with no job experience or skills.
>>
>>39031579
>wage
Sounds like bullshit, unless it's some third-world tier job.
>>
>>39031496

i suppose you could even half ass some really shitty self employment thing, that has close to zero costs, for like a year, at a part time level, and then try to catapult from that into a job somewhere.

My main issue was always that I SUCK at everything, i never had any skills at anything. People would always tell me, that is impossible, everyone has a skill at something, one thing. And, i'm just like Nope.

Sucked at every single sport, painfully bad lol, sucked comically bad at math so closed off to any STEM jobs, my parents were low IQ tards, my dad was a sad weakling dork so i am too basically, which means i cant really get ANY trades jobs cause i cant lift jack shit, im shy and ugly as fucking hell so i would frighten off customers so no one is hiring me to do any kind of a sales job. Before my NEET'dom i was a janitor, but id rather K M S than go back to that. Or maybe jobs talking to people on the telephone, but just talking, i have zero ability to sell anything.

i'm trying to teach myself investing, but except for the surface level BS that any tard can do it quickly gets into like PhD level math shit, and all flies right over my head. And, i just sit there staring at the charts and formulas
>>
The cruel fucking joke is that most NEETs have unlimited time but no motivation or money.

And wagies have desire and money but no time.
>>
>>39032513

oh, i forgot the best one. Before my family basically gave up and disowned me. When professional video game player started to become a thing, my family was like "Hey Anon, all you do is play Vidya, geeeeee you must be pretty good at it right??? Why dont you try to become one of those."

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA

me, i'd be sitting there wondering how that even became a thing, fucking God Damn Normies came to poison my thing where i hid from the world,

and have to tell my family "oh umm i didnt hear about that, i will have to look into it"

rather than admitting when i do or did play on line games, even if i played it all day i would be the worst player in the lobby getting blown away by Noobs who just started playing a day earlier. On line gaming was probably the main reason i finally quit gaming.
>>
>>39027937
I was never NEET, just unemployed. I'm too poor to NEET around
>>
>>39030576
Go check out the local carpenters union there and say you want to be an apprentice. You'll get to do rough carpenty for the most part. Have to travell a bit. But the starting wage is nice. In washington we have our apprentices start at 60% full wage. About 23 an hour. And full scale is about 42.
>>
5 years here, trying to learn webdev and programming now because dunno what other career or job I'd actually fit in
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.