[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Dude you should try traveling more! No wonder you're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 13

File: Iceland.jpg (120KB, 750x739px) Image search: [Google]
Iceland.jpg
120KB, 750x739px
"Dude you should try traveling more! No wonder you're so depressed!"
>>
>>39021994
I've done a fair bit of traveling. It moved me from Wojack to Gondola. They're not wrong, anon.
>>
Secret Life of Walter Mitty pissed me off so much

>Dude, just drop like $3,000 and travel the world

nigger if I was willing to drop $3,000 for funsies I'd be a lot happier in general
>>
>>39021994
>Dude you should try traveling more!
Hue
>>
Traveling fucking sucks.

I have to travel for my job and it just makes everything worse

> anybody you meet will be thousands of miles away in a few days
> there are millions of people passing you by and none of them notice or give a shit about you but you get to watch them live their normal lives
> costs a fuckton
>>
>>39022047
Kek at the picture
>>
What's the use? I've already seen everything from my computer screen

it's not the old days where traveling to distant lands was actually an adventure to an unknown place you couldn't really imagine

All the romance and adventure has been taken out of it, I would only bother traveling if it was to a different planet instead of another country on Earth.
>>
>>39022053

>can't go out and explore because you don't speak the language or aren't familiar enough with the culture to not screw something up
>if you get lost you are dead
>if you go out alone you are dead
>>
There's no point in travelling because every country is the fucking same or a third world shithole.
>>
>>39022098

Eh, if I had the chance, I'd still go to Japan, if only to get degenerate doujins to share with 4chan.
>>
>>39022171

Your doujins will get taken away at customs. Don't do it.
>>
>>39022028
how do you not have 3k to spare, do you spend all your paychecks on lottery scratchers or something?
>>
i bought a ticket to travel to NYC for my birthday in October. Instantly regretted it but the day is coming soon. What should I do?
>>
>>39022098
>mfw i used to be this dumb as a kid
traveling has no substitute. but you still need people to go with and see. just hanging out in nature alone gets boring and tiring quickly
>>
>>39022379
burn the ticket and move on
>>
I am in Hungary right now (I live in Canada) with just my dad and I've really been enjoying it. Travel to a foreign country where you have family and you will return home as a bit of a more experienced person. The only downside to travel is cost but my dad is paying for it so it's all positive, really. Also it's been fucking HOT here lately like the magyar qts here
>>
I'm saving my money so I can travel in the future.
I read that experiences make you happier than posessions.
>>
>>39022447
>will return home as a bit of a more experienced person

What a dumb meme. What significant experience did you actually gain by traveling besides looking at random shit in a foreign country?
>>
>>39022534
>new experience doesn't give you experience
>>
>>39022379
Ever been to NY? If not, just go to it. Find shit to do.

Go to a park. Visit a zoo. Go eat in a restraunt. Enjoy the night life. Be somebody else since you're a stranger to everyone. Try and get laid.

Find anything to encompass your time there bar internet. Just go outside and find something to do. I know it's THE most basic advice, but it's the only thing you can do, unless you wanted to waste your money and spend your time inside a hotel, using their shitty wifi and wondering how everything went wrong in your life, that you ended up dropping a shit ton of money, just to stay inside and use shitty wifi.

Source: a cyborg who's traveled.
>>
>>39022053
What do you do thay requires you to travel so much?
>>
I'm tired of travelling alone. Traveling is for normies, don't get fooled.
>>
>>39022657
Then you might as well say that you become a more experienced person by shitting in the sink, if you've never done it before
>>
>>39022748
so you're the kind of guy who can't tell the difference between traveling and taking a shit?

i don't know if you learn much from doing it in a sink, but yeah that's experience.
>just looking at random shit
lol
>>
There are only two places to which you can travel

>white, developed countries
All of which are carbon copies of one another: architecture, music, fashion - everything is the same

>brown, third world shitholes
Filled with diseases, crime and poor people who don't speak english. You will wind up seeing some historical landmarks and only communicating with other tourists
>>
>>39022047
>"so depressed ;_;"
>on social media because he assumes people will want to connect with him
>takes selfie pictures instead of landscape shots because he wants to share his appearance
>wackily wears a headscarf because it's fun and he can feel fun
Most normalfag shit I've seen recently
>>
>>39022795
>can't tell the difference between countries
>only thinks of "historical landmarks" as places of interest in new countries
how do you manage to remember to breathe? lmao
>>
>>39022817
What places of interest are there in non-white third world countries?

Also what are the differences between European countries? Because I've been to Poland, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Scotland, Latvia and Russia and I've hardly seen any.
>>
>>39022808
anybody talking about depression openly is a normalfag. can't think of anything more benign and inconsequential that people consider a "problem."

5 minutes later he probably shared some post about cute animals or alcohol.
>>
>>39022846
yes let me just explain color to a blind retard.

how about this, save your money for video games and never leave your room.
>>
>>39022672
Nope. Never been. You say to just "go outside" as if it's so easy m8. Sure, I can go outside, but how do I determine if what I'm doing and where I'm walking is not going to get me mugged or stabbed or even end up stranded? I am planning to do a little research before I go, since i am obviously going alone, and try to map out a guide of what I am doing for those few days. I am not planning on staying inside, but I still wish I had a little guidance on where to go and what to see.
>>
>>39021994
I fucked my ex in there. Not even joking.
>>
I don't care much for travel.
I've been to 10+ different countries but I barely remember any of it.
>>
>>39022867
Lmao

If you have no argument I guess it won't hurt to just throw a half-assed shitty insult

Every European country is the same except for the language and perhaps weather
>>
>>39022934
>argument
in what world is "every X is the same :)" something i need argument for? i'm talking to a dude whose idea of visiting a new country is seeing a historical landmark. you insulted yourself, not even robots are this retarded.
>>
The place in OP's pic is great btw. If you ever go to Iceland its a must-visit
>>
>>39022886
D:
That's gross senpai.
>>
>>39021994
People who believe this bullshit need to fucking drown themselves in a pool of their own piss
>>
>>39021994

Wish I could. I wish I had to strength to simply not give a fuck about my jobs and just travel. but the consequences just hurt in the end. I just want to get out of this cycle.
>>
>>39022969
>in what world is "every X is the same :)" something i need argument for?

This very world

>inb4 "my opinion is obviously right and you should be ashamed for thinking otherwise ;)"
>>
>>39022338
>paychecks
>/r9k/
Even the wagecucks make $10,000 annually or less. $3,000 is 3/10 of a year's salary for many here. And no matter where you travel you can't escape yourself.
>>
>>39022969
What else do you do in a new country besides seeing history? Isn't that the whole appeal? Food, drink, and history/museums/castles/etc. I was in the U.K. on a trip with my parents three years ago and besides taking pictures of Castles and landscapes I was bored out of my mind. The charm burns off and eventually it started looking like America with funny accents and more Muslims. The entire first world is consumed by the globalist monoculture which has regulated tradition and culture to funny dress acts they put on for tourists. I would never spend my own money on travel.
>>
>>39023184
This, we all listen to the same music we all watch the same movies, we all dress the same way, we all eat the same foods, we all buy the same products, all new buildings that get made are the same culture-lacking glass boxes

While there are some differences those differences are becoming fewer and fewer.
>>
>>39023106
>Even the wagecucks make $10,000 annually or less.
What job pays so little?
>>
>>39023328
Part time minimum wage with few hours because businesses like to cycle their wagecucks and let them go frequently to avoid giving raises.
>>
>>39023106
is this what living in Yurop is like? Must suck to be so poor.
>>
>>39021994
>travel to awesome place alone because you have no friends
>get weird looks every time you want to eat at a restaurant or do anything because you are by yourself
>raise odds of being mugged and robbed
>get bitter when you see couples have an awesome time
>>
>>39021994
Where in iceland is that?
>>
>>39023328
This
>>39023639
and they want to avoid paying benefits to their employees. If they work less then 30 hours a week, the employer doesn't have to give benefits.
>>
>>39023654
I'm an American. This poster >>39023743
Got it right
>>
>>39023328

I'm from Europe. I work full-time (40 hours, not including commute time) and earn 11.8k euro anually after tax. I live on my own and barely make rent. the only luxuries i can afford are a broken down laptop and internet.
>>
So tired of my wealthy (((friends))) telling me to travel, your parents pay your rent, car payments and school loans , fuck off you trust fund baby I wish I had a 100 dollars to spend on myself at the end of the month
>>
>>39023920

this. i hope theyre all struck down by some horrible illness.

then have to pay themselves out of a hole for the rest of their lives
>>
>>39022379
People watch, anon. In nyc theres 10s of every race of women go have fun
t. New yorker
>>
>>39023969
Or you could save your money and the anxiety of being in a large crowd and instead watch the 4K Times Square webcam.
>>
>>39022379
Bronx zoo is AMAZING. Just don't get lost in that area. Walk down broadway, you will find all sorts of shit to get into xD
>>
File: Clancy_Bouvier[1].png (69KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
Clancy_Bouvier[1].png
69KB, 250x300px
I'm a flight attendant so I travel a shitload for my job. I've even been to the exact spot in OP's pic, that's the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. I won't say that travelling has "cured" me of being depressed, but I've definitely had the best time of my life doing it.
>>
>>39022379
http://www.citypass.com/new-york

If you don't mind dropping just over a hundred, you can get one of these and go to most of the big attractions
>>
File: Wojak.png (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak.png
42KB, 400x400px
>>39022849
Robots know damn well to keep their mouths shut even before adolescence.
>>
>>39023654
no most euro countries have better salaries than the US especially in the min wage area you americuck
>>
File: Mandarin Wojak.jpg (48KB, 377x398px) Image search: [Google]
Mandarin Wojak.jpg
48KB, 377x398px
>>39024195
robots don't have depression. we are always on a never ending ride of anguish, anxiety, dispare and sometimes abstract good/bad feels
>>
File: ROOOjak.png (41KB, 400x416px) Image search: [Google]
ROOOjak.png
41KB, 400x416px
>>39024407
>never ending ride of anxiety

what a rush, let dem nerves jitter, boy
>>
>>39022053
>>39022102
you are bitchies. i've traveled through south america, north america and europe BY MYSELF.

its the best, no death, no problem communicating as long as you speak spanish and english. if you can do german or french as well youre golden.
>>
>>39022379
get robbed by niggers
>>
>>39021994
I think a lot about why traveling seems to be so important, desirable, fulfilling.. for some people. What about it makes it so much more important than other hobbies etc to some?

I also don't like when people seem to treat me as less of a person when I tell them I don't desire to travel.
>>
I've done some traveling this past year forced onto me by friends. I hated it. The entire time I wanted to go home. I was anxious and irritable. I'm not any better from the experience.
>>
>>39024621
Those people chose to fill the void using their access to wealth by travelling and pretending to be deep

Others like us stay home, read and pursue our own hobbies while pondering life

They assume their ""living"" on a higher plane but I suspect their usually low iq, easily amused by travelling and other normie activities
>>
File: 1500705167368.jpg (23KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1500705167368.jpg
23KB, 650x366px
>>39022795
Different places have different niches. Visit Amsterdam and get dude weed lmao'd, visit their museums, take some psychadelics, browse the little thrift shops hidden down alleyways. Go to a hot country and chill on the beach, get smashed on cheap booze and treat yourself at restaurants and shit that specialize in foods that originate from that country. Ask the locals what's worth doing.

Some countries are similar, but if all white developed nations look the same to you then you aren't trying hard enough my dude. Traveling from the UK to the Netherlands the difference between our countries was clear as night and day as soon as I stepped off of the plane.

Even here in the shitty, rainy UK there's all kinds of night life and stuff to do that isn't just going to a club and getting trashed. Comedy clubs, quiz nights, shit even gaming cafes that do BYOB nights and everyone just sits around playing games if that's your thing
>>
>>39024319
>Slash my wrists and attempt suicide when I was teenager.
>Parents FINALLY take me to the doctor
>Doctor says "??? dunno why you're here lmao."
>Doesn't help at all.

>Roastie goes to doctors.
>"I feel sad :("
>10 months off work fully paid and full support from family and friends.

???

?????
>>
>>39022053
I've always wondered about traveling for work because I can see it being really cool, but then there's people who seem to travel constantly for work and it seems kind of miserable in some ways, like always meeting new people but never being able to get to know anyone beyond that.
>>
I got a flight to Puerto Rico at the end of October for a week. I'm gonna stay in a Hostel so hopefully I can make a friend or two
>>
File: 1477092324673.jpg (53KB, 694x488px) Image search: [Google]
1477092324673.jpg
53KB, 694x488px
>>39022874
I'm your guidance right here Brobot:

Indispensables: enough clothing, enough money, a good smartphone, emergency contacts, extremely comfortable shoes (you gon walk). Going alone will be no issue as long as you have a proper smartphone with the following apps:

Tripadvisor: it will tell you what to do around where you are, you can download a city guide for free and even 3-4 day recommendations. you can use it from a laptop if you're taking it with you. (you need data)

Maps.ME: offline maps with routing. you will have to download the city map beforehand but it will not eat away your data, they're openmaps so its pretty detailed. you can also pin your hotel location so no matter where you are, you will always have a reference. (No data needed)

Moovit: as soon as you get to the city it will update the location and give you the option to check ways to move in public transportation, including buses, trams and subs. (you need data)

what I usually do is that I open moovit, figure out the bus, hop on it and when i step off the bus i use maps.me to locate. (as long as you have data gmaps can replace the last two, but i like to have separate apps and the maps.me app is fast and very reliable in android)

You can download something like Monefy to keep track of your expenses. (No data needed)

Tinder if you wanna try it. I've never had luck with it in a new city, in Warsaw I managed to land a date with a fatty. IN WARSAW a city full of beautiful polish girls.

next post--->
>>
>>39022874
>>39024909
Cont.

NY is amazing, there's lots to see, I have been there three times and still havent seen half of it. just walking through it is incerdible (I'm not american so NY was a big deal for me)

My recommendations for a new city:

-Visit the main park (obviously central park)
-Eat a typical dish (no rat pizza, find a cool well known restaurant and make it a plan to go there, try new and strange stuff, I ate in the most disgusting chinese buffet in the chinatown in NY, one of the happiest memories i have, lol)
-Visit a museum (the MET is free, MoMa you need to pay, maybe the natural shit museum if youre not into arts)
-Go and at least see the landmarks (NY has many, dont make it a checklist, that really ruins trips)
-Try to get laid.
-Try and talk to people
-Stay safe

Make sure you use common sense at all times, if something feels off, or youre uncomfortable at any moment, do something about it. Leave the place, dont walk into the place. (In Valencia, Spain I managed to be dragged to a brothel, they told me it was just a bar. I walked in and it was full of rumanian whores and spanish thugs. I just said it wasnt my kind of place and left. I googled the place and it turns out it was a place where they dragged tourists, drugged them and made them pay a shit load. A guy had left 6000 dollars in one night, I had 70 euros in my pocket)

Bottom line, have fun, be safe, keep your phone charged (get a powerbank) and enjoy your trip to that amazing city
>>
I want to travel to some place with a lot of hot women in it and hit on them like an idiot, probably get rejected a thousand times and then return home
>>
>Have enough money to travel in another country
>Don't want to go alone: i probably end up doing nothing in a hotel room
>Try to plan vacations with the few friends
>"But anon, why would you want to go in another country ? We can go to the beach of the next district

I wish i was a little more confident and extroverted. I really want to see some places before i completely lose my will and kill myself
>>
>>39022795

>UHG these FILTHY plebian poor underdeveloped trash in their disgusting third world countries with byzantine cultures and boundless natural beauty, not to mention the kindest and warmest people GOD they suck
>All these white people with their own unique and beautiful cultures are exactly the same because I don't take the time to explore any depth of their civilization :(

I'm so sorry for you lad. Sorry for people like you. A lot of people travel around and they only go to cookie cutter tourist traps for an hour or two, shuttled in and out of massive busses and stay in their Anywhere American Brand Hotel rotting in the pool and they say "what a boring place"
>>
>>39024718
Good point. It does feel like they think the only way someone can be 'deep' is if they travel.

And it does seem to be the Chad Stacy types that tell me I can't be fulfilled unless I travel.
>>
File: WP_000041.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WP_000041.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>39025004
forgot illustrative image: the chinese buffet from 2013.
>>
File: 1490495366400.jpg (23KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1490495366400.jpg
23KB, 250x243px
>>39025004
>>39025081
Why wouldn't you get pizza?
>being proud of going to some garbage chinese buffet in new york
>>
>>39025135
I really hated new your pizza.

And I never said I was PROUD of the shitty chinese buffet, I just said it is a happy memory. All im saying is that travelling is much more thatn fancy eating and retarded bus tours. you can find something fun and new anywhere.
>>
>>39025174
>All im saying is that travelling is much more thatn fancy eating and retarded bus tours
Nice strawman.
There's nothing fun and new about a shitty chinese buffet you could find in any major city.
It's garbage quality food. You'd probably eat a shoe if some ethnic person was serving it in some "cool" hole in the wall alley.
>>
>>39025197
How is that a strawman?

Dude you're assuming we come from analog cultures, you idiot. There are no such things as chinese buffets in my home country, the place in itself was something new to me, the whole experience as I was in this new city was new and different. Sure, the food was shit and i hated myself for eating it. But looking back it was a really fun day.

And forgive me for being open to experiencing things, you clearly dont need that with your oh so broad world view.
>>
>>39025308
>the food was shit and I hated myself for eating it
It looks fine, what are you on about?
>>
>>39
kek , he looks egyptian.
>>
>>39023728
Blue Lagoon, been there once.
It's pretty cool but there are usually a lot of people.
>>
>>39022028
What a strange movie. The original story is about him just having these autistic fantasies while living his boring day to day life
>>
>>39025004
If you dig normie tourist stuff, delis are fun
I always like a good ((pastrami)) on rye
>>
>>39023106

Even minimum wage at FT gets you $15-17k
>>
>>39026037
I actually dont, but thanks for the recommendation.

I dont have a lot of money but i travel as much as i possibly can. I usually eat in shitty places saving money for one or two typical/good meals in the city. Except for poland where I ate like the fucking monarchy.

Patrician af
>>
>>39022379
Don't make eye contact with the homeless and weird entertainers on the subway.
>>
>>39022808
>>39022849
There are 50x more normies with actual depression (not memepression) than there are robots with and without it. Normalfags have issues and mental illnesses too. Robotness doesn't come from them, but is merely augmented thereby.
>>
I want to travel, and I might soon, but the thing is I'm a fucking robot. What honestly can I do alone, in a different country? I feel like I'd just walk around, see a few sights, eat.....and not make any friends, for sure not meet any girls. I don't know man, that would be a huge waste of money. Then again leaving my comfort zone would be good for me, even if its just for a few weeks. I want to LIVE, but my mind won't let me. And yes, traveling/backpacking is a massive normie pasttime, it just doesn't seem like its for us. They meet people easily, go in groups, fuck like crazy at hostels....i'm just not wired like that.
>>
>>39027726
this.
I also want to travel, just don't have friends for that, few friends I have are broke
And traveling alone will be depressing, especially because I'm introvert and won't make any friends nor I will hit on any girls.
I will just waste money on being depressed in another place that is not my room.
>>
>>39028058

I agree but we have to get out of our rooms man, we're literally imprisoning ourselves. I'm either at work, at the gym or at home. I have no life. I want to live.
>>
>>39026006

The original movie from the 1950s was about him having his weird autist fantasies, then some gang of soviet infiltrators overhear him and think he's some sort of CIA super-nigger, and so he ends up getting into all sorts of capers. I think he ends up fucking his waifu, I'm not sure. That happened off screen of course.
>>
File: 1485870125909.jpg (15KB, 405x371px) Image search: [Google]
1485870125909.jpg
15KB, 405x371px
>>39028401
>go visit family in the UK, down to Amsterdam for a few days for hookers and drugs
>spend most of it in my hotel room phoneposting or drinking
>got laid off 3 days before I left for vacation
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.