[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok be honest, how many of you lift and it didn't help a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1502001678476.jpg (1MB, 2941x3000px)
1502001678476.jpg
1MB, 2941x3000px
Ok be honest, how many of you lift and it didn't help a single bit with your depression or whatever?

And I don't mean you lifted for 3 months before giving up, how many of you are literally shredded and still depressed?
>>
>>39017540
if you get to the point where you're literally shredded you never had any depression to begin with
>>
>>39017540
I lifted 3 and often 4 times a week for years and I never got shredded because I'm poor and apparently low T as well. I got some definition. Didn't help with my mood. Mostly just wanted to be physically intimidating andyway
>>
File: IMG_8927.jpg (41KB, 552x589px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8927.jpg
41KB, 552x589px
I used to lift in that sort of "coping by cutting yourself" kind of way, where focusing on the physical pain takes your mind off of the emotional pain. Hours in the garage either pumping iron or running on a treadmill at a time, every single day for a little over two months. So, I don't count as the kind of person you're describing, but at least I can say it helped me relatively. The only thing keeping me down on terms of depression is living with myself knowing what I've done in the past and how people have betrayed me. I eventually stopped exercising because of leukaemia, and ironically, went to smoking ground up cramp pain-killers to numb the pain. I ended up quitting that just because it's retarded a couple months ago. Now I'm just, I dunno, here.
>>
>>39017540
He looks like a devian of what a 13 year old thinks a jojo character looks like
>>
>>39018040
pretty true to the source material however so top marks
>>
File: vPtDDjo.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
vPtDDjo.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>39017540
2 years into lifting and 1 month into roiding
it's made literally no difference, if anything it's made it worse and given me body dysmorphia
>>
I did for four years in college because the gym was right by where I lived and I had no friends and nothing else to do besides go to my classes.

It didn't improve my social life because I was still just too cowardly to be any more outgoing even when there was extra attention paid to me (which there was). My biggest flaw is my personality. I know what I am supposed to fix in my mind but I just can't. When a girl would compliment me for example, I would just say thank you and nod and walk away. Or one time when a girl stopped me on campus and asked if she could take my picture, but I needed to get to class so I said "Sorry I am late for class" and sped on by. Then I got to class and there was still 10 minutes left before it started. Stuff like that.
>>
Not ripped but strong fat. Lifted for about 3 years straight and on and off for about 5 years. I have elite lifts on the big 3 for my height/weight, but I'm still a socially awkward manlet.
>>
Progress is so slow you don't really notice that you're fit now, you just continue to feel like the same person.
>>
>>39017841
you know you have to get 80-100 grams of protein in you A DAY to just preserve muscle mass, double that to actually start gaining muscle mass...
the thing most people mess up on is the eating part
>>
>>39018296
Yes that was my point. I didn't have enough money for the Chad feast
>>
>>39018313
rice, pork and protein powder isnt really that expensive though
>>
>>39017540
I lifted for 3 years and look pretty okay I have 10 more lbs to lose before I can have a 6 pack I recently got into a car crash so I can't lift for a bit it really did help with depression and I'd lift even when I was ready to blackout from the weight. It's not about getting shredded it's about wanting to push yourself to get out of the shit anon. It applies to a lot of things.
>>
>>39018313
>chad feast
I was gaining muscle and getting my lifts up like crazy with a budget of $30 a week literally chicken and rice and broccoli you cock
>>
>>39018040
Nibba, it's the ultimate Chad

These newfags baka desu senpai
>>
>>39017768
Self defeating circular thinking.
Your brain is actively sustaining your own depression, you must go against it even if it seems illogical or you will remain stuck in that downward spiral where you refuse to start helping yourself until something external does, it won't happen, do something without sabotaging it, even if you can poke holes in it, your miserable, do as we say or shut the fuck up and sustain your misery in silence.
>>
>>39017540
Yes it helped.
I never got randomly approached before I got bearmode swoual. I had my first one night stand, she was a 10/10 body, it was great. Of course I went out too. But I would have never been approxuhed if I hadn't been lifting.
Don't do it for girls though, the results take too long for that to keep your modvatin going.
It helps with your mood too.
>>
>>39018361
>chicken
in europe chicken is either pumped full of water or expensive as fuck though
>>
>>39017540

I have been bodybuilding for 5 and half years and I'm more depressed than before I started.

At this point I'm just waiting to get my puberty gyno surgery and then start injecting testosterone which willl hopefully turn my life around.
>>
>>39018482
no one believes in the tranny meme anymore shill-san, why dont you go play in a rope-swing faggot
>>
after almost 4 years heavy lifting continuously with no breaks and now i started to skip workouts for weeks thinking what's the point.

feels like shit.
>>
>>39018523
Nigger what the fuck I'm not a tranny, I'm a guy with very low testosterone levels, thats why I think that blasting test can turn my life around.
>>
>>39018482
After 5 years you should be at competitive lvl. What did you do Wrong?
>>
>>39018665

The main thing that I did wrong was being born with bad genetics. In bodybuilding genetics are everything, hard work makes a very small difference compared to that.

When I start doing roids then depending on the effects, I will consider competing.
>>
>>39018862
>muh bodybuilding
Such a meme """"sport""""
>>
>>39018465
That doesn't mean shit I was getting my chicken from a shitty Vallarta where the entire store is full of spics and they optionally sell spoiled meat in disguised as seasoned meat. I would get my chicken from the butcher in their shop and it was fine.
>>
>>39018418
>bearmode
T. Fatass powerlifter who is still addicted to food. Try this exercise: fork putdowns 5xF.
>>
STFU... PUH-LEEEASE.....
SERIOUSLY... YOU DON'T ACTUALLY THINK ANY GIRL IS GOING TO BE ATTRACTED TO YOU BECAUSE YOU LIFT WEIGHTS, DO YOU? DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT GIRLS ARE ATTRACTED TO SELF CONFIDENCE...

OBVIOUSLY IF YOU ARE LOST IN THE WEIGHTLIFTING BULLSHIT, YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT OF YOURSELF
>>
HINT:
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE FAT OR SKINNY OR SHORT OR TALL...

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HAVE BUCK TEETH OR CROSSED EYES...

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HAVE A SLUMP OR A LIMP OR A GIMP OR IF YOUR PENIS IS TINY OR HUGE..

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HAVE A FAT BANKROLL OR AN EMPTY WALLET...

THE MOST ATTRACTIVE FEATURE ON ANY HUMAN BEING, MALE OR FEMALE: S E L F C O N F I D E N C E
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.