[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>got rejected for a secured credit card I'm 20 and have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1473040088872.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1473040088872.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
>got rejected for a secured credit card

I'm 20 and have no credit history, so am i just fucked now? If i can't get a secured credit card how the fuck am i supposed to build credit?
>>
try discover and maybe fudge your income a bit
>>
Get a job and get an account at a credit union

Buy jewelry and make payments on it

If you're 20 and don't know how to build credit you probably would have fucked yourself with a credit card
>>
>>39015877
I tried discover and capital one and my actual income is $35000 a year. I have no credit score when I look at credit Karma I only have a few inquiries.

I really don't understand how i can get rejected for a secured credit card.
>>
>>39015853
Why do you need to build credit? My credit score is 405 and I don't give a shit.
>>
>>39015909
Because proving yourself as a reliable borrower is pretty essential to being financially secure. Say your car gives up and you don't have the cash on hand to buy a new one, you're fucked if you can't get a loan.
>>
>>39015897
I have a full time job and make 35k a year. How could I possibly fuck myself with a credit card that has a $200 limit?
>>
Apply for one with lower qualifications. They give credit cards away to people who have no business having one. I'm sure there's one somewhere that you're eligible for. Maybe it won't be an American Express platinum card, but you have to start somewhere.
>>
Are you serious?

I'm 19, and was just confirmed for a secure credit card.

Would you like to talk? You can link your discord if you want.
>>
>>39015972
>you're fucked if you can't get a loan.
I'll just move back in with my parents lmao
>>
>>39015853
My dad would always try to convince me why a credit card is useful and i just dont see it.
Im never going to own a house, or buy an expenisve.
It just baffles me, why would i through something so arduous and stressful to spend money i dont have and go into debt?
It seems more like a thing for a person who makes more than 20k a year.
Even if you do make more money OP, id advise against this trap.
It takes some people many, many years to pay off the bank.

I just save up my money if i want to buy something particularly expensive anon and you should do the same.
Go to /biz/ if you want some better insight.
>>
>>39015972
Do you cunts just not save money or something?
>>
>>39016050
It's a secured credit card. That's about as low as it can get. I applied for capital one and the discover it card and got rejected for both.
>>
I've been researching credit pretty extensively these past few days, and was recently just approved (I'm >>39016063) and I want to post my situation just to fluff the thread/answer questions provide insight.

>Age 19
>Currently living from home, rent free
>Currently attending community college, free due to full ride scholarship
>Income roughly $20,000 a year
>Fully paid off 2009 car I paid cash for
>Savings has $3000, checking has $300
>no debt

I was approved for a Secure Discover Card and soaked $500 into my deposit. I was literally just approved.
>>
Go to your bank, get bank issued credit card. The rate might be shit but the point is you pay your phone bill and pay half of it right away and pay little by little until its zero. Some are even 0% interest for a year. Dont put over 30% of the credit limit on it, and if you really are making 30 k a year, you shouldn't have an issue
>>
>>39016143
>Close to 20k a year with next to zero bills
>Only has 3k in savings
You are fucking up somewhere
>>
>>39016179
I didn't wise up and start getting serious about finance until January. I blew all of the money I earned in high school and started from the near bottom, and the >1000+ I paid in car repairs in February didn't help.
Plus car insurance, gas, groceries, eating out twice a week and travel expenses to see my girlfriend/family add up. I'll move out in two years with a passing credit score and 10k in the bank.
p-please be proud of me, my parents aren't
>>
I've been offered multiple platinum credit cards before. I always reject them. (((Credit cards))) are a scam. I'm never going to bother buying a home or nice car anyways.
>>
>>39016243
Ya I live at home and pay zero rent plus make $35k a year and I can't get approved for anything. I can't even finance a mac with a $600 down payment over 12 months.

I really don't understand why this is happening to me
>>
>>39016278
The only thing I could remotely consider is maybe your job history. How long have you been with this place?
Have you always worked? How long did you work each job?
I know they like stability, and I've only worked two jobs. (one for >3 years, the other for 7+ months)
>>
>buy first contract phone retail
>mandatory credit check
>no credit score which is apparently okay
>2 years later
>check score online
>it's like 996 out of 1000 or something
how?
>>
>>39016310
I'm at my first job, I've worked here 9 months while attending college part time
>>
>Was 21 when got first card
>literally just applied for a regular card, a Citi Forward (RIP that card, 5x points for restaurants GOAT)
>accepted with starting 800 limit

I did lie about household income but they don't fucking check. I mean how could they. I just used my mom's job income
>>
>>39016340
How hold? If you are fresh out of highschool you really shouldn't be looking to finance anything. Just save up and buy. Or use your parents credit to help bolster yours
>>
>>39016380
im 20. my parents have shit credit.
>>
>>39016418
Dont know what to tell you but stay at your job longer and join a credit Union. Try not to fall for store credit cards because those are shit
>>
don't have a credit card but I have a 656 TU score according to credit karma, only thing I have on there is a small student loan that I took out once for summer school, it used to be 680 or so before my loan deferment
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.