[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you look at mitochondria variability you'd find that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: hypergamy-in-a-pic[1].jpg (92KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
hypergamy-in-a-pic[1].jpg
92KB, 500x483px
If you look at mitochondria variability you'd find that roughly 80% of all women throughout history and only roughly 40% of all men throughout history successfully bred and passed on their genes.

With this in mind who's to really blame for the up rise of male virginity? Isn't it simply biology?
>>
uh huh, so care to explain mitochondria variability in humans? Or did you just google search once
>>
File: 1491673019598.jpg (400KB, 3268x553px) Image search: [Google]
1491673019598.jpg
400KB, 3268x553px
Do you guys ever think before you post
>>
>>39013669
I just google searched once and found a source, just like you can. Magical ain't it?
>>
>>39013648
This stupid picture again, implying 10/10's never get laid.
>>
>>39013703
It implies every man is below their standards.
>>
>>39013692
ok so explain it in your own words my friend!
>>
>>39013732
Mitochondria is inherited through the mother, Y chromosomes are always inherited through the father. The mitochondria of the general human population varies much more than the Y chromosomes of the general human population. The difference between these shows that twice as many women passed on their genes than men. 100% of women 50% of men is impossible. 90% of women 45% of men is still unlikely so we go to 80% of women 40% of men successfully passed on their genes and produced healthy offspring that also passed on their genes until we get to the current human generation.
>>
>>39013845
you really need to go back to hs and learn about inheritance and what mitochondria does oh man
>>
>>39013845
ahahaahahah do you even know what mitochondria is??
>>
>>39013648
Lol someone is parroting the latest Lindybeige video. How fucking pathetic you are.
>>
>>39013873
>>39013893
You asked. I explained. You...misinterpreted or explained wrong?

Anyway:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
>>
>>39013917
I explained wrong*
>>
>>39013917
dude if only you realized how dumb you sound
>>
>>39013939
I don't really care about how I sound on an anonymous image board. I want to show the truth to other people and that's what I brought.
>>
>>39013648
>who's to really blame for the up rise of male virginity
Source? I don't see your point at all, anon.
>>
>>39013985
here's an experiment, try asking your local college bio professors what they think about this thread of yours
>>
>>39013648
>Isn't it simply biology?

Yes, but it was an element of biology we controlled, for the good of society.
We have loosened the control we had over it, and must regain it.
>>
>>39014025
What do you think I'm saying, anon?
>>
>>39014058
just try it my guy it'll be good learning experience
>>
>>39014077
I'm not doing that, anon. I asked what you think I mean so I could understand where you're coming from better.
>>
>>39014101
and I'm telling you to bring your theory up the ladder, if it's true than you would have no problem doing this right?
>>
>>39013648
Yeah, it's totally not like it had anything to do with endemic maternal mortality or anything.
>>
>>39014115
If I'm right and I'm wording it all wrong then I'll be perceived as wrong to them as well. I want to know if that's the case here.
>>
File: 1489765416653.jpg (62KB, 657x413px) Image search: [Google]
1489765416653.jpg
62KB, 657x413px
demographics are interesting
>>
>>39014197
no, you just clearly don't know much about biology in general
>>
>>39014238
Why do you say that, anon-san?
>>
>>39014203
There's always older ladies and widows.
>>
>>39014257
figure it out yourself im not gonna spoonfeed some dumb underaged autist
>>
If only you didn't place so much importance on sex and your virginity you wouldn't have to put yourself through all the mental gymnastics trying to justify it. Your existence is pathetic enough, perhaps you should salvage what remains of it.
>>
>>39014270
Why even keep replying to me in the first place?
>>
>>39014285
so the thread bumps and more people will call you an idiot
>>
>>39013915
>even knowing this comes from a YouTube video
What a fag
>>
>>39014300
Well they haven't, because I'm right.
>>
>>39014310
uh huh, so you're gonna go to your bio professor now right?
>>
>>39014043
>it's good for society that robots breed
I think societies definition of good differs from yours lmao
>>
>>39014321
Yes, I will actually. I know now that the only problem was the wording, that some people were too dumb to understand, I guess.
>>
>>39014300
You're the only one coming across as an idiot. You're like that kid in school who said he knew the answer to something but wouldn't tell you because then you'd know. Fucking retarded
>>
>>39014365
lol you is dumb
>>
>>39014365
Pretty sure he's just baiting because he doesn't want to end up being proven wrong.
>>
>>39014348
Proud of you anon! Make sure to get your words right!
>>
>>39014423
It takes one phone call to prove me wrong, phone up that local bio prof!
>>
>>39014446
>At 12 AM
Zzzz
>>
>>39014465
you should do it tomorrow then!
>>
>>39014493
Oka- Oh wait biologists have already proven me right

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/09/040920063537.htm

>To sort out how far men and women's genes traveled, the UA researchers used DNA from the Y chromosome, which is passed from father to son. Women's lineages were traced using mitochondrial DNA, which passes from mother to daughter.
>Worldwide, the DNA from the Y chromosome has much less genetic variability than does mitochondrial DNA.
>Lots more men than women are childless, and it has ever been thus, the researchers say.
>half as many males are getting their genes into the next generation on average as are females
>>
>>39014569
>sciencedaily
I hope this is ironic... anyways you could prove me wrong more easily with one simple phone call, you know even khanacadamy has videos about mitochondria and inheritance, go check those out
>>
>>39013845
>Mitochondria is inherited through the mother, Y chromosomes are always inherited through the father.
True enough. But complicating matters slightly, sperm are full of mitochondria and it's not impossible for mitochondria to be inherited from the father. Last I heard, they didn't know how often that happens. Do they know yet?

>The mitochondria of the general human population varies much more than the Y chromosomes of the general human population. The difference between these shows that twice as many women passed on their genes than men.
No it doesn't. That's one explanation that could account for it, but it could just as easily be that, with millions of competing sperm and few eggs, there's far more opportunity for the Y chromosome to be affected by natural selection in the reproduction process itself.
>>
>>39014628
Not him, but he's more or less right, though his explanation is pretty rudimentary. The question lies in the theories to explain why it happens.
t. biology grad student
>>
>>39014628
>being elitist over sources
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18076332
https://uanews.arizona.edu/story/genes-expose-secrets-sex-side
http://genome.cshlp.org/content/early/2015/03/13/gr.186684.114.abstract
>you could prove me wrong more easily with one simple phone call
More easily for who exactly? Seems that I've done all I had to to provide proof for my statements, yet you want me to wait 8-14 hours, look through college websites, phone a professor on the weekend, tell him something he probably already knows, get his approval and relay that back to some lazy anonymous guy on 4chan? Hardly seems fair.

I did the reading so why can't you?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.