[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You were born on this planet, an innocent child. You went through

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

You were born on this planet, an innocent child. You went through the initial phases of your life with a smile on your face. You grew up, and that smile was slowly stolen from you. Your life continues on this trend. You grow old, living a similar life to the one you're living now. Then, you die.

When you die, you wake up in an empty room. There are two buttons on a table, both explicitly labeled. One will destroy the Earth, one will allow it to continue being, as is. You must press one, but which do you choose?

This may be a test, but you're unaware of anything other than the decision presented before you. Assume there are no consequences for your decision. What do you do?
>>
Why would you assume there are no consequences for your decision when the decision involves destroying the entirety of human existence? Doing it would fuck someone up if they had even a shred of empathy.
Would you simply not have emotions? Do I turn into a robot when this decision is shown to me? The afterlife one will be subjected to could heavily alter one's choice.

Autistic questions aside, I'd let it live.
>>
red button

no one should have to be born. i dobt have it bad but the thought of dying in a hospital sucks so does having to suck corporate cock for a paycheck and then you die from something miserable
>>
>>39011622
>no consequences for your decision

For you, at least. Everyone else just dies, as if dying is such a big deal.
>>
This is just a shitty evangelion
>>
>>39011531
Save is the rational decision, but If I had to live like that maybe I'd give some thought to destroy. Would likely still choose save though
>>
>>39011531
save. too many decent people on this earth.
>>
This is an absolutely maddening question, because I definitely think the aggregate of suffering on Earth is greater than the aggregate of joy, but fuck if I feel like I have the right to end it all because of that
>>
>>39011924
GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT OR DON'T
>>
>>39012122
Which is exactly why you should end it rather than let humanity continue to propagate itself and suffer.
>>
File: 1501898493381.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1501898493381.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>39011531
Destroy. Every timeline, every conceivable reality, i'd push the red button.
Humans aren't worthy of being saved because they are the corrupted offspring of beasts. They shouldn't even be called human for humans they are not even remotely.
If it weren't for powerful leaders who brought rules and prohibitions upon them, humans would still spread death en masse, indiscriminately.
I despise this race and everything it stands for.
It needs to be erased from reality.
>>
red. No one should have to suffer being alive in such a shit hole.
>>
File: 1473294591914.jpg (20KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
1473294591914.jpg
20KB, 720x529px
>>39011531
Destroy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKD7f76KG-U&t=3
>>
File: 1501671634052m.jpg (75KB, 682x1024px)
1501671634052m.jpg
75KB, 682x1024px
>>39011531
Red button, for once in forever everyone would be truly equal.
>>
>>39012321
This. The world is going to be overrun by shitskin savages pretty soon. What's worth saving?
>>
File: 1500844198188.jpg (59KB, 720x432px) Image search: [Google]
1500844198188.jpg
59KB, 720x432px
>>39012388
To continue on this I wonder what kind of special punishment I'd get for destroying all of God's creatures?
>>
>>39012388
The irony is she's going to be so goddamn fat when she's slightly older. She has definite indicators of shit genes.
>>
>>39011531
I'd save the world. Ending the world would only be morally acceptable if there were no other sentient beings in the universe that could benefit from our existence, which isn't a safe bet in my opinion.

Moreover, destroying the world would be destroying a bunch of innocent animals as well, and that isn't fair to them.
>>
>>39012587
They would have died violently anyway.
>>
>>39012444
I'll list a reasonable consequence for each decision, with its expressed intent:

>Pushed kill because harbored resentment for people you'll never even see again
Reincarnated as a dung beetle, 1 billion years added to your upward cycle towards enlightenment.

>Pushed kill because too much suffering in the world (according to your experiences)
Defensible, reincarnated in a similar or perhaps slightly lower lifeform (like a nigger) to repeat another cycle and hopefully learn enough to be born as a superior being capable of achieving nirvana under ideal circumstances (like a white human)

>Pushed save to protect positive human emotion
Reincarnated as a high being, nirvana is certainly within your grasp within this lifetime. Not instantly granted enlightenment because there are still things you need to experience and ponder.

>Pushed save without much thought because "it was the right thing to do"
Reincarnated as Chad to live an enjoyable, yet likely not very spiritually capable life.

>Took a nap, refuse to press anything (Earth continues to live by default while you're in limbo)
?????????????????

>Open the door
???????????????????????????????????
>>
>>39012669
>Reincarnated
How? I thought I destroyed the world?
>>
>>39012587
>sentient beings in the universe that could benefit from our existence

Oh sure, let's build a zillion dollar space ship and put a mosquito in it, and send the mosquito off to another planet to go do mosquito stuff.

For what?
>>
>>39012669
But what if I push both buttons at the same time?!
>>
>>39012736
OP says
>you're unaware of anything other than the decision presented before you
For all we know, some foreign planet could contact ours at any moment with the key to ending suffering. Or our existence could be key to saving some other species that's free of suffering in the future. With unknowns like that in play, destroying the world just isn't morally sound.
>>
>>39012701
>He thinks time exists only as we perceive it
>>
>>39011622
>Do I turn into a robot when this decision is shown to me?

You already are a robot, dude
/autism
>>
>>39012741
Same as limbo. You must decide. Quit playing games!
>>
>>39012894
That's just your ego talking. It's a stupid thing to believe, and isn't even worth considering. There is no end to suffering. It's all there is.
>>
>>39013021
>He doesn't understand chaos

Suffering isn't a thing and neither is happiness. Everything just is. The divine spark is what matters, and we clearly don't understand it.

>>39012669
What would the moral repercussions be of closing your eyes and pressing one at random?
>>
File: 1502408481425.jpg (8KB, 269x211px) Image search: [Google]
1502408481425.jpg
8KB, 269x211px
>itt edgelordsusing mommys macbook saying they want to end the world trying to be philosophical but they're just fucking retarded
>>
>>39013021
Neither of us are even remotely qualified to make that judgment when we can only live for a fraction of a fraction of the universe's lifespan.
>>
>>39013007
What if I enter the Konami code using the two buttons?!
>>
>>39011531
Right now I'd let it live, gimme about half an hour to finish my Jack and I'll destroy it.
>>
>>39013199
Then the room fills with hot diarrhea.
>>
File: neo-v personafied.png (145KB, 932x586px) Image search: [Google]
neo-v personafied.png
145KB, 932x586px
>>39013323
>hot diarrhea
OH NOOOOOOOO! I prefer cold!
>>
>>39011531
My eyes were drawn to the red button before I even read the post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1aBjKFa3-I
DESTROY ALL NIGHT
DESTROY ALL DAY
DESTROY
ALL NIIIIIGHT
DESTROY ALL DAAAAAAAY
>>
File: 1489363002113.jpg (188KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489363002113.jpg
188KB, 800x800px
>>39011531
>You were born on this planet, an innocent child.
>Already have my sensitive penis skin forcibly removed

Already, considering we're such an intelligent species and still practice such a horrible thing, my hope in this Earth and humans isn't great. But let's see how it continues.

>Be socially outcasted
>Never bullied or even disliked, but not feel any connection
>See the world around us being poisoned by capitalism, the people too stupid, comfortable or both to consciously recognize this and violently change things
>Humans are rather vapid shit wits, social autists, complete social rejects that shoot up schools, or caring yet really fucking stupid.
>People are often shitty
>People are so shitty we kill our fellow man in unnecessary wars and fall for petty racism and sexism
>Life is short and miserable
>Be born to a stupid american family with shitty genetics, my life and looks and everything about me is determined by something I have zero control over

And best yet
>We all eventually die, not even in a blaze of glory but due to car accidents, old age, or cancer
>We cease to exist, and everything we personally triumphed and accomplished is for nothing
With all this is mind, I'd fucking destroy the Earth. Fuck humanity, fuck existence. If anything, I'm doing a favor to all the unborn people who would've existed otherwise.
>>
>>39013428
It will cool over time but if you enter the cheat again it will start to boil.
>>
You are everybody. You're trapped in this shithole. As soon as you have the opportunity, don't think twice about it.
>>
>>39013685
Awesome, a diarrheah jacuzzi room!
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.