[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>robot trying to lose weight >current weight: 132 >goal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: received_1429360010478294.jpg (301KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_1429360010478294.jpg
301KB, 1536x2048px
>robot trying to lose weight

>current weight: 132
>goal weight: 100
>meals today:
fruit popsicle - 40 cals
kale burger - 120 cals
vegan chocolate popsicle - 60 cals
popcorn - 170 cals
>total - 390 cals

share yours
>>
>>39009540
eat more protein u stupid cunt
>>
File: 1477693639803.jpg (62KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1477693639803.jpg
62KB, 720x540px
I understand why we have so many trannies at this point but do you have to be so obnoxious?
>>
>>39009540
is that in kg or lbs
>>
>>39009676
lbs you fucking mong. look at the picture.

>>39009620
>i went to /fit/ and they say you need 2g of protein per lb/lbm
retard
>>
>>39009540
Doing a 7 day water fast, have been 0 calls for 3 days now, thinking of ending it early because fucking cravings are so strong.
>>
>>39009540
you're gonna fuck up your metabolism permenantly if you keep eating like this. An ideal diet should consist of at least 1500 calories, and that is for a 5'2" manlet
>>
>>39009620
i do on higher calorie days, thanks though
>>
>>39009865
You're weak

>muted cus not original
>kys
>>
>>39009865
3 days of fasting starts to eat away at your muscles, including your heart. i used to fast too, but don't kill yourself! it's not worth it
>>
>>39009898
I don't care if I die anymore, at least I'll look nice and thin at the funeral they'll have a nice body to show my family.
>>
>>39009871
without a consistent cardio routine, with my weight and height, it's recommended for me to eat 700 a day to lose weight. but i try to vary my calories everyday so my metabolism doesn't get used to 700
>>
>>39009898
This. In periods of starvation your body eats away muscle before fat, so you're killing yourself really slowly. Patience is key. Nobody has ever lost 50 pounds a month and stayed healthy. I've stuck with my diet for more than 2 months now and I've lost close to 20lbs.
>>
>>39009926
you will never make it to skinny if you die first. only fast for two days from now on, it'll help with the binging urges too
>>
>>39009938
You're delusional or wherever you got your info from was completely wrong. The body needs 1200 calories a day to just exist, let alone moving and doing other daily activities.
>>
>>39009940
I'm only trying to loose 30 pounds, my ideal weight would be 140 and I'm 170 now. I've tried other things that are harder to commit to, but with fasting I can see big results right away so fuck whatever negatives that come with it. Also you're mistaken, your body actually eats the fat you've stored first, do your research there's a plethora people out there who have done month long fasts and are completely fine. I'm only going for a week and like I said I will probably end it early because it's actually super hard now.
>>
>>39010024
yes but they still had calories, a water diet isn't just drinking water btw. you should still be taking in calories
>>
File: 1501814866146.jpg (53KB, 490x676px) Image search: [Google]
1501814866146.jpg
53KB, 490x676px
I have been trying to go keto for the past few days but have only been successful today so far. Not excited for the keto flu desu
>>
KETO DIET is god tier for losing weight.
I started it on july 8 weight 187.6 lbs, this morning I clocked in at 175 lbs, goal weight is 165 lbs. I also started lifting.

Keto is great because all the fats are delicious and fill you up, so I'm never hungry/hangry.
>>
>>39010080
Most of them started take magnesium supplements later in their fasts but again I'm not going for a month long fast. Just a week
>>
>>39010024
Where your biochemistry goes for energy when you're fasting (lean muscle or stored fat) depends on a lot of things. However if you're not taking in at least some protein, your muscles will naturally deteriorate over time and diminish.

If you're on a keto diet, once you enter ketosis, your biochemistry will prioritize burning stored fat for energy rather than lean muscle, because you've trained it to expect lots of fat and not to expect carbs.

The worst possible diet is a high carb low fat diet, because it trains your biochemistry to burn fat only as a last resort, increases cravings for carbs for energy, and converts excess carbs into fat (which then aren't burned for energy when you're not eating).
>>
>>39009540
>390
Keep that up and you'll lose so much muscle mass that even we'll be able to kick your ass. Males eat around 1200 cals to lose weight while females eat 1000. Exercise gives you an extra 100-200 cals if you workout right. Also
>popsicle
>losing weight
Kk bby ;)
>>
>>39010297
>If you're on a keto diet, once you enter ketosis, your biochemistry will prioritize burning stored fat for energy rather than lean muscle, because you've trained it to expect lots of fat and not to expect carbs.
This makes no sense. Why would your body burn muscle which is protein if it expects carbs?
>>
>>39009540
Why must you insipid fsggots infest our board? Go to your containment zone
>>
>>39010384
You can research the science yourself if you want, but as to your comment, that's specifically if you're on a high carb, adequate protein, low/no fat diet. Once you get hungry and your blood sugar gets low, it's more efficient to burn lean muscle for conversion to blood sugar than it is for fat, because it's an entirely separate biochemical pathway. Of course this isn't good for your body which is why you get intense hunger, to make you go eat something before you use up so much muscle you can't move.
>>
File: received_1429387433808885.jpg (259KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_1429387433808885.jpg
259KB, 1536x2048px
>>39010365
yah the popsicles are dumb, but they're low cal and keep me from binging on junk food. and there aren't made with a bunch of chemicals and shit so it doesn't feel as bad
>>
why is all your meat dried and in bags, looks like dog food desu
>>
>>39010095
Only the first 2-3 days are bad on keto. It's pretty great after, no real cravings, but if you do eat a heavy carb meal you will feel ravenous. Sugar is worse than coke tbqhfam
>>
>>39010441
>research my argument for me
No.

The rest of your post is complete broscience. Keto is a meme for retards.
>>
>>39010643
My numbers above don't lie. Hate all you want but I'm going to hit my goal weight in about 5 weeks and enjoy life.

>>39010638
I started mine at the beginning of a three day weekend, so it wasn't too bad for me just staying home. I have had nightmares about accidentally drinking 2L of soda though, shit sucks.

So far the closest I've come to breaking out of keto was a giant steak meal and a beer that was way bigger than I thought it would be. My weight loss stalled for three days after that but then it went back to normal.
>>
>>39010721
>My numbers above don't lie
What did he mean by this?

>I'm going to hit my goal weight in about 5 weeks and enjoy life.
You can do this on literally any diet you dumb cunt. Do you browse /fit/? You sound like someone who browses /fit/.
>>
File: 1308615290233.jpg (48KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1308615290233.jpg
48KB, 350x350px
>>39010759
see my numbers >>39010145
I lost over 12 pounds in about 5 weeks, no hunger, no autistic calorie counting.

>You can do this on literally any diet you dumb cunt.
Sure, if you want to be hungry/hangry or damage your body. Look I'm not here to CONVINCE you to try keto. I'm just letting anyone who's interested know that it exists, there is scientific evidence that it works and how, and that it might be worth a shot. Feel free to disregard that if you want.
>>
>>39009540
anyone itt have experience with leaving a plateau? how do you do it?

i went from ~180 last december to the 152 i am now, but I haven't been able to lose a single pound for like a month now
>>
>>39010839
Reduce calorie intake, increase activity. You're probably consuming more carbs than you think through portion size or snacks.
>>
>>39010801
>I lost over 12 pounds in about 5 weeks
To be expected of anyone who cuts ~600 calories a day which is only one meal

>no hunger
Why would you be hungry you idiot? It's only 600 calories

>no autistic calorie counting
Whether you count calories or not doesn't change the fact that losing weight is calories in/calories out.

>Sure, if you want to be hungry/hangry or damage your body.
What the fuck does he mean by THIS?

>there is scientific evidence that it works and how
None of which you've posted.

>it might be worth a shot
Losing weight isn't work pumping your body full of fat and cholesterol. Just lose it like every other normal person.
>>
>>39010855
>>39010839
my post was confusing; it's more of a psychological plateau than anything; my cravings / binges feel much worse than they've ever been
>>
>>39010904
Consider keto: it increases your insulin sensitivity by a lot and once your body becomes accustomed to burning fat for energy, rather than increasing hunger to motivate you to consume carbs for energy, cravings go away.

The first few days of getting used to it are kind of rough, but if you're consuming enough fat you won't get too hungry. The most difficult part is planning out your meals but once you find a handful of dishes you like it's not bad at all.
>>
>>39010939
>Consider keto: it increases your insulin sensitivity
This is wrong. High fat diets DECREASE insulin sensitivity.
>>
>>39011160
https://www.ruled.me/the-ketogenic-diet-and-insulin-resistance/
Keto diet INCREASES insulin sensitivity.
>>
>>39009540
>posts weight
>doesn't post height
Uhhh... going to need some context here, half an arm and no height doesn't give us much to go off of. Judging from what you've provided you look perfectly healthy.

That diet of half junk food is garbage, you are just going to lose muscle weight instead, which isn't what you want. Start up a diet of high protein vegetables like beans and soybean products like tofu. Try to hit 40-50 grams of protein and go out for half hour jogs before you go to bed. Will tucker you out for better sleep and burning calories before sleep prevents them from storing up while you rest and sleep. You'll trade fat for muscle mass and be more healthy. Your plan of starving yourself will damage your body and leave you weak, all the while not making you lose much weight, because your bodies lowers your metabolism to compensate and extract more calories from its food, so when you finally crack from being too hungry and binge something it will be a severely larger calorie meal, completely defeating your diet. Gaining muscle mass will actively and ambiently burn more calories, which will in turn help you lose weight. You'll feel better and look better, clearer skin etc with exercise.

TLDR: change your diet to 100% Tofu then jog for 30mins a day. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>39011264
>https://www.ruled.me/the-ketogenic-diet-and-insulin-resistance/
>He posts the equivalent of a blog
>He googled "high fat insulin sensitivity" and posted the first result

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC507380/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23122836
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10027589

Here you go. Have some actual science.

Not going through all of their sources (you should be pointing out what is relevant) but as this review shows (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16489319) insulin insensitivity has since been shown to be more likely in individuals with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. It states that high blood lipid levels (which you get by eating a diet high in fats) are most commonly associated with insulin insensitivity.

You're just wrong dude.
>>
>>39011379
>>39011264
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18460913
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/0010480616

Your meme diet is trash and all it's doing is killing you slowly and quietly. You're a moron.
>>
>>39011264
These studies are cherry picked. After going through half of them they all seem to use a limited number of already unhealthy participants who cut calorie intake to achieve desirable results. Did you even read the studies linked in your blog post?
>>
>>39011352
this is actually really great advice, i didn't think of only eating tofu. im just afraid of binging on chocolate, it's my biggest weakness, but this is helpful. i'm 5'3 and way too pudgy. im desperate to lose weight, hence awful diet plan
>>
>>39011379
None of them has anything to do with a keto diet, and you're making the assumption that a high fat diet means high blood lipid levels (protip, you're wrong). The fats you consume are converted to ketones which are burned for energy.

If you had actually read my source rather than skimming it to see how quickly you could disregard it and claim superiority in an argument on 4chan, you might have noticed the list of references which actually DO relate to the keto diet and insulin sensitivity.
>>
>132 lbs
>REEE GOTSA LOSE WEIGHT
kekerino cappuccino
>>
>>39011495
>None of them has anything to do with a keto diet
High fat low carb IS keto retard.

>protip, you're wrong
>b-but I can't prove it
>look at this b-blog post tho

>you might have noticed the list of references
>ignores the fact that I posted a review that debunks the first reference
>ignores the fact that I subsequently posted more studies and read several other of the referenced studies and pointed out why they're junk, cherrypicked science
What is it with people and keto? You defend it like it's the Messiah.
>>
>>39010643
It's literally a google search away dipshit. You're body switches from using glucose to fats as energy because you've removed carbohydrate intake
>>
>>39011551
>research my argument for me
>no
>oh come onnnnnnnnn. it's only a google search away!
Google is not science. And I'm not researching your argument for you. Keto is unhealthy and bunk. It's simply a diet like any others and works because you cut calories, like any others.

Its only use is for epileptics. If you are not epileptic and trying to control seizures it's not for you.
>>
Down to 260 from 330

I don't really have a plan, I just plug whatever I'm eating into myfitnessplan and try to keep it at a 500 cal deficit minimum. 390 calories per day sounds like a pretty horrible idea though.
>>
>>39011544
>High fat low carb IS keto retard.

>he thinks that the fats you consume just float directly into your bloodstream so that his articles about high blood lipid levels are relevant to the discussion
No, look up what ketones are and how they work. You look ridiculous.
>>
>>39011579
>Keto is unhealthy and bunk
I'm not talking about keto diets and I'm not the original anon you were talking to. But your unwillingness to actually research anything just shows how fucking dumb you are.
Your body will use fats as a source of energy when it is deprived of carbs. Lowering your carbs helps with weight loss
>>
File: 1271657388386.jpg (27KB, 283x323px) Image search: [Google]
1271657388386.jpg
27KB, 283x323px
>>39011579
>Its only use is for epileptics. If you are not epileptic and trying to control seizures it's not for you.
Wrong, many people use it for weight loss and to reduce cravings and it works very well for them. You're not trying to find the truth, you're just trying to "win" an internet argument, and you look ridiculous.
>>
>>39011483
>5'3
>132
That's pretty fine and normal actually, most boys like a bit of meat on your bones anyways. Like drop into 120 and you're undeniably skinny again, I think around 110 and you're underweight , 100 would be just plain bad and unhealthy for you.

But yeah, just remember to take multi-vitamins then load up on tofu, low calorie, great protein, fiber, bonus estrogen, it's really all you need, it's one of the reasons most asians look so great for so long, second part is the exercise and that they usually walk to work because their cities are so crowded. The chocolate though.... I don't know you're just going to have to go cold turkey on that or something. You could try picking up chewing gum, it suppresses your appetite, comes in flavors to entertain you too. The exercise will help too, since that also suppresses your appetite.
>>
Breakfast - hardboiled egg 78 cal
Lunch - half slice of bread 60 cal
Dinner - half slice of bread, cheese 150 cal
288 calories and stomach pains
>>
>>39011705
I also forgot, tofu is dirt cheap, so you might save money on your food bill while you're at it. It's also very flexible as meals go, you can do a lot with it to keep it from getting boring.
>>
>>39011634
>muh ketones
>still posts no science
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2281930
Blood lipids rise following fatty meals anon. Your ketones aren't magic and they aren't created at 100% efficiency. Thus there will be fat that doesn't get converted which WILL raise your blood lipids. It's inevitable. Post actual science if you want to refute it.

>>39011640
>But your unwillingness to actually research anything just shows how fucking dumb you are.
>Read the reference list
>Produced my own research in counter to anon's position
>Even bothered to refute some of the studies attached to the article which is posted on a biased website
>OMG JUST DO SOME RESEARCH UR SO FKN DUMB
lmao kill yourself faggot.

>Lowering your carbs helps with weight loss
Saying it on 4chan doesn't make it true.

>>39011665
Idiots use it for weight loss. It works like every other diet. You're just switching one "fuel source" for another.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/07/05/ajcn.116.133561.full.pdf+html
http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(15)00350-2

The science just doesn't agree that keto diets are the most beneficial for weight loss.

>>39011665
>You're not trying to find the truth
>Post scientific articles
>yeah but these aren't the truth anon. you need to be more open minded
>>
>>39011775
have you ever gone only tofu before? its a little intimidating, as good of an idea as it is
>>
>>39011776
>>yeah but these aren't the truth anon. you need to be more open minded
Mischaracterizing what I said is not an argument and reveals how you're approaching this discussion. The only mystery is why you're so defensive about this.
>>
File: 1452170006131.jpg (172KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
1452170006131.jpg
172KB, 650x456px
>felt like I haven't been making any progress
>step on scale
>25 pounds lost since I started 2 months ago
>>
>>39011975
>You're not trying to find the truth
>Have a look at these scientific articles which I have read which support my position
>You need to be more open minded
How is this a mischaracterization of your position anon?
>>
2 apples

several cups of water

1 cup of coffee

Current weight 97lbs

Target weight 95lbs
>>
>>39011902
Half my meals have tofu as the centerpiece, you get used to it after a few weeks, it's not like you would really need to replace your entire diet with it anyways to lose weight. Just start by replacing portions of your meals with it, like a sandwich - replace the meat with it. Go from there and start adding it where ever you can, it's flexible consistency, hard, smooth and neutral taste lets you get pretty creative with it, it really can go almost anywhere. If it's too bland for you just drench it in flavoring like mustard, tomatoes go pretty good with them. Soups are probably a good starting point to try out Tofu, like grab one of the ramen noodle packets and toss a chunk of tofu and sprinkle some parsley and paprika on the top.
>>
>>39012020
I literally said in a post above that you're free to disregard keto diets if you want but that the results don't lie. You then went on a search of medical research that you don't understand trying to disprove what you THOUGHT ketosis was and wouldn't just let it drop.

Again, you're free to disregard it, but you don't need to put words in my mouth, or even disprove me. Something's making you insecure about this.
>>
>>39012631
>but that the results don't lie
I've already answered that.

>medical research that you don't understand
You're yet to prove this beyond >muh ketones tho

>trying to disprove what you THOUGHT ketosis
Ketosis isn't a diet. It's a medical condition. Your diet is a high fat, very low carb diet. You need to learn about what you're doing to your body before you start doing dumb ass diets.

>you're free to disregard it
I'm doing that by posting scientific evidence that proves it's bunk and it's making you upset though

>you don't need to put words in my mouth
Where have I done this?

>or even disprove me
Too late

>Something's making you insecure about this
Sounds like textbook projection desu.
>>
>>39012784
>Where have I done this?
When you posted:
>yeah but these aren't the truth anon. you need to be more open minded

anyway have fun with those cravings and low blood sugar, I'm off to eat a pork chop smothered in tomato pesto and mayo.
>>
>>39012817
>When you posted:
>How is this a mischaracterization of your position anon?
Why can't you answer this simple question?

>anyway have fun with those cravings and low blood sugar
What did he mean by this?

>I'm off to eat a pork chop smothered in tomato pesto and mayo.
Why would you post this? What went through your head that made you think "yeah, he'll be jealous of this shitty meal"

What the fuck?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.