[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have tons of anime, video games, TV shows, and movies at

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: eat.png (414KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
eat.png
414KB, 800x720px
>have tons of anime, video games, TV shows, and movies at my disposal
>have free time to enjoy them
>don't know what to do and just end up wasting time on 4chan all day
What the fuck do I do? Usually I eat when I'm bored but I'm fasting hard right now.
>>
no idea what to do with that, but I feel you anon
>>
iktf very well, literally going through this right now. so easy to succumb to sloth and apathy.
>>
Exact same situation here. I just don't enjoy anything anymore.
>>
File: 1502468560710.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502468560710.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>39004483
>>39005341
>>39005387
>>39005411
anyone else here have brainfog?
literally cant focus or find entertainment in fucking anything.
>>
>>39004483
>>39005387
>>39005411
You have anhedonia. You are all depressed. STOP being NEET. STOP being low tier wageslaves. Get a career, go to the gym, follow your passions, sort yourselves out.
>>
>>39004483

Get a dual monitor so you can play Anime and TV shows while browsing 4chan. But if you do it too much you will ruin your attention span. Try not to use your phone or stay up late on a computer at night. You will screw up your internal clock by tricking your body into think it's day time when it's night time.
>>
>>39005459
Thing is, I literally have a career and go to the gym several times a week. Regardless, I still don't know what to do with my time. Guess I'll watch Drive and finish Fullmetal Alchemist I guess?
>>
>>39005451
Yep. I just tried watching a TV show but turned it off after one minute once I realized miserably browsing 4chan was more gratifying. Tried watching a film and the same scenario. It's hard without alcohol to do anything anymore. Escapism just doesn't work like it used to.

>>39005459
I'm incapable of sorting myself out so you're preaching to the choir. Also, I don't have passions.
>>
File: 1502465534288.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502465534288.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>39005459
>You have anhedonia. You are all depressed
correct
>Get a career
You say that as if it's so easy to do. People have to fight tooth and nail for fucking min. wage retail jobs these days. There simply aren't enough jobs anymore.
>go to the gym
No motivation. I've tried to work out before and always burn on on 2-3rd day. I just cant pump myself up for that stuff. Just isn't for me.
Also the gym is full of fucking turbo chads
>follow your passions
All my passions died when I realized I was a retarded socially inept brainlet with no fucking skills, talents, or smarts. I don't have a passion anymore
>sort yourselves out.
SO much easier said than done. Impossible for some of us.
>>39005530
It's not even that browsing 4chan is more gratifying for me. I try to watch an anime and one minute in I lose interest/want to do something else. I do that thing but one minute in I lose interest or want to do something else. Rinse and repeat until it's the end of the day and I fall asleep
What the FUCK is wrong with me? Why can't I just fucking focus enough to watch ONE 20 minute fucking anime episode?
>>
>>39005517
What is your career anon?
>>39005530
You're not incapable of sorting yourself out anon, what makes it so impossible?
>>
>>39005597
I'm in the Air Force, training to fix aircraft. Come home every day and wonder what to do with my time.
>>
>>39005588
It's not gratifying for me either. It's more mortifying. I hate it here these days, but it's a habit. That whole one minute back and forth thing is true for me as well. These actions started off as "entertainment" for me and then became embedded deep inside of my brain as habitual wiring and became an inescapable routine resembling more of a prison. I'm so used to this now that I find myself doing things entirely on auto pilot wondering how the fuck I even got here. My brain only knows one way, and it's impossible to get on another path. All I know is this routine and I've been coming here for over a decade.

>>39005597
I have problems that make it impossible. Not everything can be fixed. I have fallen far below rock bottom.
>>
File: 4chan.png (443KB, 800x1182px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
443KB, 800x1182px
I have been working out regularly for a few weeks and I feel pretty good. Been eating well and keeping myself off 4chan except for a couple hours before sleep. I am still a jobless neet piece of shit but at least I don't feel like one all the time so I just got to fake it till I make it. Also cold showers and working out feel good, in its own ascetic-masochistic kind of way.

My advice is to replace the bad habit with another one. 4chan and most of the internet change how your brain works, and you become addicted to huge amounts of low value yet new and readily available information. You aren't capable anymore of watching something that takes longer than a minute or two.

Browsing the internet, and specially 4chan, is the mental equivalent of eating only fast food.

You correct this by reducing your cosnumption of "fast food" media (4chan, twitter, FB, etc) and begin consuming more media that requires you to keep your attention for longer time spans (books, documentaries, longer videos, etc). Meditation helps a lot because it pretty much boils down to forcing yourself to keep your attention to one thing for as long as you can, it is a form of ental exercise that trains your attention span to be longer.

Another thing to stop from doing it to multitask. "Multitasking" is a meme, and a very harmful one. Do not do things like listening to music while you do something that requires you concentration like reading. Do not check your email/4chan threads/youtube songs/etc while you are doing other things that are important. Multitasking makes you a braindead moron. Computers can multitask, you shouldn't.

I know it's hard, but whether you like it or not it is a battle that is taking in your mind, and the prize is your sanity.
>>
>>39006217
This is a good post. I want to read books but I'm having difficulty not picking up my phone every few pages. I'll even tab over when I'm watching movies.
>>
>>39006341
this
i cant even focus on movies and such, even when interested.
reading is completely out of the question too
>>
>>39005790
describe your unfixable problems
>>
this is actually an interesting thread
bump
>>
File: hmmm.gif (186KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.gif
186KB, 500x357px
>>39006217
Tell me more about meditating. Can it really help me concentrate better? Any good sources you can direct me to?

Good post btw, I knew all this stuff on some level, but it's good to have it written out concisely like that
>>
File: 1496674540157.jpg (331KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
1496674540157.jpg
331KB, 753x707px
It's weird to not even have the energy to watch anime, but here I am
>>
>>39004483
Same
>constantly seek out new entertaiment to stay busy and distracted
>come here because i am only and want to find friends
>realize everyone on here is probably the same
>realize you won't be friends with anybody because people from the internet are autistic and way worse off than you
>tfw why is everyone else such a piece of garbage and why doesn't everyone else on this planet just die?
>>
>>39009560
>realize everyone on here is probably the same
Hey fuck you buddy I'm going to community college taking 1 course a quarter and ignoring everyone in class only to come rushing back home to jerk off to hentai then jump into bed browsing 4chan on my phone for the next 6 hours before feeling the need to masturbate again then finally fall back into slumber but not before dropping my phone into my face as I pass out, sometimes barely dodging it. Of course I end up barely passing my classes or just straight outright fail them because I stop showing up after the 2nd week because I can't wake up on time and now have a 2.1 GPA after 5 years with only 20 actual credits to my academic career but it doesn't matter because there's still time and I'll eventually make it into a real college one day.

tl;dr fuck off we're nothing alike
>>
>>39010327
why not take more classes? It might light a fire under your ass
>>
>>39010863
I don't need a fire everything's fine. Success will find its way to me in time and I will get a gf and good job. I just need there to be less shitty tohou doujins filling every single fucking comike until thent
>>
File: 1499787954447.png (628KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499787954447.png
628KB, 848x480px
>>39008776
Watching anime drains my energy. I watch shonen, and get too autistically into the action. The more difficult an enemy is to defeat, the bigger a headache I get.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.