[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You don't deserve anything. To die is easy and not even

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: gitgud.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
You don't deserve anything.
To die is easy and not even that you are willing to do.
Make a choice: kill yourself now or slowly (living miserably through the years) or actually start living.
Once I've been in your place and the first thing I did was to make a choice.
Self pity leads nowhere.
>>
Neat. If only "making a choice" was enough to turn my life around, I'd be living out my dreams right now.
>>
My nigger fuck you b
>>
File: orry.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
orry.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>39004139
It's a well known fact its impossible to turn a life around by taking a decision
>>
>>39004139

Being a little bitch seems to be working great so far
>>
>>39004485
We're I capable of "turning my life around" I'd certainly have done it on one of the dozen attempts I've made. Being a dysthymic, apathetic, asocial piece of shit is not very conductive for these things, I've come to find out.
>>
>>39004561
Pretty much, yeah. With standards as low as mine and death being a very valid option, my current state is just fine.
>>
File: R9T9kAo.jpg (44KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
R9T9kAo.jpg
44KB, 628x628px
>>39004115
>Once I've been in your place
#1 sign of a silver spoon normalfaggot.
Try reddit, dipshit
>>
>>39004115
>Once I've been in your place and the first thing I did was to make a choice.
You were never in my place, if you traded places with me, atom by atom, you'd make the same exact life decisions I have and be just as fucked up. You wouldn't be able to recover so easily and you'd see how fucking preposterous a post like yours is.

You aren't so special that what you did was anything other than what you were predetermined to do.
>>
>>39004740
Would you happen to have any ideas why do brainlets and normalfags have such a hard time accepting this simple truth?
>>
My choice is dying slowly and miserable.
>>
File: no-criticize.jpg (36KB, 499x279px) Image search: [Google]
no-criticize.jpg
36KB, 499x279px
>>39004572
Your "attempts" were planned for failure.

You own your fate. Locking yourself of your so-called mental disorders is only reassuring your ego that you did your best. Which you didn't.
>>
>>39004879
Could you tell me how do you "try your best"? Surely you can explain it to me.
>>
haha be yourself ahaha

if you don't arbitrarily follow my pseudo advice you are a failure ahaha
>>
>>39004115
>to die is easy

tell me how. details.
>>
>>39004115
Dark Souls is for fucking normalfags
>>
>>39004762
Because it's plain wrong. Predeterminism is bullshit, even in fundamental physics.

Also OP never stated that atom by atom thing, your counter argument is fallacious. He's speaking of your general situation, which he could very well have been in, as far as you know.
>>
>>39004980
>Because it's plain wrong. Predeterminism is bullshit, even in fundamental physics.
So you are saying that a computer program, with a very certain and exact programming will not give certain output in response to certain input?
That a human mind would not react in a certain way to certain stimuli?
>>
>>39004980
Red pill me on predeterminism anon
>>
>>39005016
>lol I just compared apples to oranges
>>
>>39005043
>lol I don't have an argument
Good on you, senpai. I'll just disregard you then.
>>
>>39004762
I have theories. The legal system and the doctrines of most religions rely heavily on the thought that every choice a person makes comes from a place separate of their brain chemistry, their past events, their environment, their upbringing and their genetics. Without this idea of a free agent that independently governs whether a person's body performs a good or bad action then you'd have to admit that every saint and every criminal was coerced into their actions by forces they had no control over. This tramples the aforementioned systems that so many people subscribe to, it makes the concept of justice very complicated, if not completely unfounded. People don't want things to be complicated and they don't want to admit that they're not completely responsible for their victories and that others aren't completely responsible for their failures.
>>
>>39004911
I didn't say try your best, I sad DID your best.

It sounds stupid but you see it's a key difference. If you try and fail, then you only tried, and you feel bad for failing. If you don't promise yourself anything, but just DO sh** then things, you often feel good about, you know, ACTUAL ACTING and things can start to change really fking quick.
>>
>>39004115
Funny how OP uses the word choice in place of privilege.
>>
>>39005061
>Without this idea of a free agent that independently governs whether a person's body performs a good or bad action then you'd have to admit that every saint and every criminal was coerced into their actions by forces they had no control over. This tramples the aforementioned systems that so many people subscribe to, it makes the concept of justice very complicated, if not completely unfounded. People don't want things to be complicated and they don't want to admit that they're not completely responsible for their victories and that others aren't completely responsible for their failures.
Is that will in people truly so strong? Do people so easily disregard logic for common memes and feelings?
I mean, this way of thinking is something I have held since I was a child, realising that some criminal on the TV most certainly never chose to be such an evil person at heart, that he never had a choice in growing up as such. I just can't understand such levels of what I can only think of cognitive dissonance, since I've never thought like that. Very few people seem actually willing, or capable of discussing this in a calm fashion and that makes understanding it all the more difficult.
>>
>>39005070
Ok, can you tell me how do you "do your best"?
>>
>>39005016
Human brain is nowhere near what a program is. For starter human brain use chemicals. Chemical reactions are bound to environmental factors which make them not entirely predictable. But most of all human brain has various continuous inputs and outputs and ability to reprogram itself to a certain degree.

>>39005023
Google out uncertainity principle in quantum theory.

Ultimately : even if there was a big schema and everything is predetermined, it would be so by so obscure rules nobody really cares about it. Taking decisions still maters even if "some rule" that nobody really cares about would have made it happen to your mind at some given time.
>>
>>39005060
>I don't know what false equivalence is
Buh bye
>>
>>39004980
I'm >>39004740 and the only convincing arguments I've heard on this subject didn't favor the opposite of predeterminsim, the idea that a free agent controls the actions of people. First of these arguments is the idea that every action has a set of causes behind it and every set of causes has another set behind it, so on and so forth, to the point that an incredibly intelligent person with all of the data and all the know-how and all of the time in the universe could predict with utmost accuracy every event that's ever happened, person A who made action B could had never done any other action in that precise moment. The other argument relies on quantum randomness, basically that person A's brain essentially rolled the dice in that moment and while they did action B it's possible that they could had done a myriad of other actions in that second because electrons move randomly which means there's an actual probability that person A could've done something else.

Both of these mean that we're not really in control, I prefer the first because it gives me a type of hope, that if events were determined to have my brain change in a positive way then I would consistently be what I consider a better person. With free will I would have to constantly decide to be a better person and I would never stay that way. With randomness it seems that the results would be much more uncertain but perhaps I just don't understand the concept well enough. I've heard people explain that randomness would have similar effects to determinism, which would help explain why I'm not a lizard monster.
>>
>>39005245
>Human brain is nowhere near what a program is. For starter human brain use chemicals. Chemical reactions are bound to environmental factors which make them not entirely predictable.
Do they contain true randomness, or are they bound to predictable laws of physics?
>But most of all human brain has various continuous inputs and outputs and ability to reprogram itself to a certain degree.
And this reprogramming can only happen within the confines of the human brain itself. The brain cannot suddenly evolve, through some truly random process into something entirely else, something unbound by reality.
In the end, all the human mind is, is an incredibly powerful and intricate biological machine, but it's still a part of the world. The human is stimulated in a certain way and it reacts in another, singular way. What other option could there even be? True randomness, leading to completely nonsensical reactions?
>>
>Chad decides to "start living"
>has an enormous circle of supportive friends and family who cheer him on and will help him if he ever has trouble

>Anon decides to "start living"
>gets pushed around, bullied, harassed, and reminded daily by everyone around him that he doesn't deserve any amount of happiness or satisfaction just cuz
>>
>>39005192
Make choices, git gud...
Give me an example where you think you did for your best and failed because of "your nature", this might be easier to argue over.
>>
>>39005398
More accurately
>Chad decides to "start living"
>Anon decides to "start living" tomorrow
>>
>>39005472
What do you mean by doing my best?
How do I do my best?
>>
>>39005352
>predictable laws of physics
>lies
>>
>>39005472
Define "your nature" as you see it so I may better destroy you in a language you understand, anon.
>>
>>39005504
You take action
I really don't know how to make it more simple, its literally 3 words
>>
>Chad "just goes outside"
>everyone makes an effort to talk to him and be nice to him

>Anon "just goes outside"
>ignored by nearly all
>people in cars yell at him or throw trash at him
>if he dares to approach anybody, he is insulted, ignored, rejected, or even physically assaulted in some cases (and this is seen as just)
>>
>>39005507
Predictable by a hypothetical mind, with knowledge on the levels of the Akashic records and processing power enough to simulate the entirety of all existence.
Predicatble in the way that a certain action in a certain situation will lead to the same result.
>>
>Chad "just bees himself"
>due to genetics and luckily having a good upbringing, his natural self is loved by everyone around him

>Anon "just bees himself"
>due to bad genetics, a broken family, and being pushed around his whole life, his natural self scares everybody and he is rejected
>>
>>39005537
So are you saying that taking action is "doing your best"?
>>
>Chad "follows his dreams"
>everyone unanimously supports his decision and makes sacrifices to help him in every way they can

>Anon "follows his dreams"
>told to be sensible, that it's not realistic, that he needs to be responsible, and that he's a complete fool if he dares to do so
>>
>>39005573
>Define something true in a virtual world

In your truth system I'm also truely a rainbow unicorn
>>
>>39005659
Elaborate on your thinking, please.
>>
>>39005573
Faulty cause and effect fallacy.

Try again.
>>
>>39005537
>>39005593
Let me spell it out for you what this anon is trying to say; "it's literally 3 words"

just
be
yourself
>>
>>39005175
>Is that will in people truly so strong? Do people so easily disregard logic for common memes and feelings?
I think it's a mixed bag, I've seen many people attribute a situation to past events and other determined settings but then give each other advice that basically amounts to "Be happy" or "Don't be mentally/physically ill". Certain types also seem to have a vested interest in consciously or unconsciously spreading ideas that imply the brain isn't a physical object, that emotions, actions and opinions come from a different place entirely and it seems very easy for them to do so. Conversely I've had people who were guilty of the latter two acknowledge that some things a person does is through their upbringing, for example.

I would figure that this is a case of something that comes intuitively for people getting obfuscated through memes, emotions and simple coping mechanisms on such a massive level that the confusion might encompass every single human population on Earth.

>Very few people seem actually willing, or capable of discussing this in a calm fashion and that makes understanding it all the more difficult.
If you're interested in this then I would highly recommend finding videos by the neuroscientist Sam Harris on the topic of free will, has many profound things to say on this subject in particular.
>>
>>39005703
Do you enjoy making pointless posts like that, picking at things without relevance, over engaging in discussion over things?
What a sad existence.
>>
>>39005737
>Sam Harris
I'll do that. I recently started listening to his stuff during runs, so I'll continue with that.
>>
Just stop being depress bro xD

Sometimes I get sad but then I just see my girlfriend and I'm fine it's that easy bro. Why don't you just go see your girlfriend or hang out with your mates. I know what it's like we've all been there man!!!

Just stop being unemployed dude! Get a job and stop being miserable lol!! We all do things we don't want to!!

Why dont stupid normalfags understand? Probably because they've never truly experienced robothood and can't fathom that people actually live like this.
>>
>>39005753
>get called out on dumb post
>resorts to ad hominem

Keep projecting your irrelevancy, brainlet.
>>
>>39005812
>repetitively shout "fallacy! fallacy" instead of discussing or refuting any of the core points
I tip my fedora in your direction.
>>
>>39005398
just means having a good life will mean so much more
>>
>>39005848
>still no argument
Keep trying.
>>
>>39005593
No, you are the only one who wants a clear cut definition. Yet it does not exist. Its a value judgement. So is yours when you said you failed. You undervalue acting. You undervalue its outputs. Actually, your very behaviour here proves me your judgement is wrong. You only want to destroy me. I'm someone that can help you. Do you think you are doing your best as of right now ?
>>
>>39005861
Anon isn't allowed to have a good life. He's no lucky enough.
>>
>>39005880
>I'm someone that can help you
You're someone who wants to feel superior over depressed strangers on an image board.
>>
>>39005880
I don't thnk there are a plurality of actions for me. There is only one way of acting and it is at the same time the best, the worst and everything in between.
>Actually, your very behaviour here proves me your judgement is wrong.
My behaviour was facetious and intentionally provocative, in an attempt at further elaborating on OPs way of thinking. A mockery of the Socratic method, if you will.
>>
>>39004115
>git gud
clearly
you should have ended yourself
>>
>>39005918
Damn, he got me with an autismally loaded statement.
>>
>>39005957
So what you're basically saying...

is that you were merely pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>39005992
No, not pretending.
>>
File: 1494425877648.jpg (63KB, 673x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494425877648.jpg
63KB, 673x1024px
I like this thread, OP.

My life went for the best when I visited a prostitute to lose my virginity, though. I was 25. Somehow that snowballed into a more normie-like life. It was hard to come to understand that the only thing preventing any success was myself. Self-pity and the echo chamber that is /r9k/ does not fucking help.

It takes a breaking point, though. You can't force that, no matter what you say. Change has to come from within, not by others.
>>
>>39005681
I have a horn between legs. I'm wearing some different colors, possibly one of each if dried tomato sauce counts. So I'm a rainbow unicorn.

You are far streching what can be reasonably said "predictable". Not a single rocket scientist in a world can accurately make a reasonably predict model of what will become a human being. It's as predictable as I'm a rainbow unicorn, only theorically so.
>>
>>39006030
And you are arguing semantics. Irrelevant.
>>
>>39004115
I know, I hate posting self-pity shit on here. It's pathetic. I really do feel directionless though. I don't know what to work towards, and not having a goal saps my motivation.
>>
>>39006030
He can't come up with anything to refute his illogical statement, anon.

I've already tried.

It'll end up being an irrelevant discussion that devolves into ad hominem attacks.
>>
File: Celestial_Rainbow_Unicorn_V2.png (96KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Celestial_Rainbow_Unicorn_V2.png
96KB, 250x250px
>>39006079
I'm ok to be irrelevent, it feels pretty cool to be a rainbow unicorn
>>
>>39005918
Even if, it wouldn't be a contradiction
>>
>Self pity leads nowhere.
I agree but there is no need to be such an asshole. It doesn't even work on robots.

I'd recommend watching Jordan Peterson's lectures: he isn't some kind of great philosopher who will magically fix your shit but he is eloquent and pretty good at pointing out simple truths our generation seem to have forgotten:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoJ79r_54fc&list=PL_K7XH1AIG8wZtQSM56Tyc-CR9ypvCbrF&index=31
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.