[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone here live in Budapest? Is it as amazing as I think

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: rsz_1budapest_-_turkish_baths_2.jpg (431KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1budapest_-_turkish_baths_2.jpg
431KB, 1280x850px
does anyone here live in Budapest? Is it as amazing as I think it would be?

If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be either Budapest or Japan
>>
>>38967525
I don't live there now but I was born in Budapest, I moved to the US when I was 2 years old. I still go back to visit family every so often. It is indeed a very beautiful city. I personally think that from an architectural and topographical perspective, it can easily give the best cities in the world some competition. The city can be a bit run down by western standards but if it had the kind of money that say Paris has it would put Paris to shame imo.

Hungarians can be extremely pessimistic though, it's kind of a national pastime, and from what I've heard the language is quite difficult to pick up for non-native speakers.
>>
>>38968356
Is knowing Hungarian necessary for living in Budapest?
>>
Oh man I had a great time in Budapest. Not sure how the rest of the city is since I was mostly around Andrassy st, but holy shit were the women beautiful. The ruin pubs were fun and the danube boat tour was a blast. I met a hungarian girl and talked her into spending a weekend with me in Vienna. She was supposed to come visit me in the states but she started dating some guy named Atilla lol
>>
>>38968384
It's difficult to say for sure, partly because most of the people I interact with in Hungary are fairly educated and tend to speak English quite well.

I think in terms of making friends Hungarian would not be necessary, among the younger people I know most speak some English. In terms of holding down a job, unless it was specifically geared towards English speakers, I would say it's probably close to impossible without some basic understanding of Hungarian. My oral language skills are decent, although no way comparable to my English language skills, but my writing is quite pathetic.
>>
>>38968478
>Andrassy st
Yeah, that's among the most posh areas of the city. When I say run down, I don't mean terrible ghettos, I just mean the city isn't as well maintained as Paris or London, or Tokyo of course.

And yeah the women can be pretty hot. Don't worry about getting cucked by Attila, it happens to the best of us.
>>
>>38968478
>hey just came to pop into the thread to spew my Chad shit lol
fuck off man
nobody cares about your sexual escapades
>>
>>38968577
Yeah, I remember getting in to the train station and wondering what I got myself into. But I also kinda dig that eastern block vibe. I was kinda hoping to have a stout magyar woman whom I could visit and have cook me goulash but that's life.
>>
>>38968642
I'm more of a crypto-robot desu. Look like chad but my social skills suck enough that my life isn't very chad-tacular
>>
File: 1470794868542.jpg (128KB, 914x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1470794868542.jpg
128KB, 914x1249px
>>38968713
alright buddy nice blog post
>>
>>38967525
I have never been to Budapest so I cannot help you
>>
>>38968814
Incredibly helpful reply right here.
>>
>>38968827
it was more helpful than your reply
>>
>>38969051
I would say equally unhelpful, but certainly not more so.
>>
>>38969106
at the very least it was on topic though
>>
>>38967525
fuck Budapest
>>
>>38969366
t. Mongolian
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.