[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need explanation for Griffith's choice during the Eclipse.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: griffith-2212.jpg (95KB, 347x477px) Image search: [Google]
griffith-2212.jpg
95KB, 347x477px
I need explanation for Griffith's choice during the Eclipse. Was it right or wrong?
>>
>>38963646
Wrong because no matter what Guts will eventually stop him and everything he did will be in vain. Also the apostles tricked Griffith into thinking it was all destiny when in reality they picked him,manipulated him, and used him and his army of mercenaries to further their agenda. Griffith is a puppet at this point and will still be used until they have no reason to keep him around or until Griffith figures it all out and goes after them.
>>
>>38963646
griffith did nothing wrong. it was his (original) choice
>>
>>38963696
They didn't tell him it was destiny. They spelled it out, if you want to succeed in this world you have to walk over the corpses of those you sacrifice. All the apostles have some thing they wanted, and the God Hand just provides them with the opportunity to get those things. What Griffith wanted was power. It is no different if he had just been a regular King, he would need to sacrifice people for himself. The whole thing is an analogy in that way.
>>
His 'friends' literally promised to help him with his ambitions, and that was the only way for him to reach his ambitions. They signed themselves up and decided to follow him without knowing what they'd be in for, it's their fault.

Also Griffith LITERALLY ended the wars between mankind by making them focus on a much greater threat.
>>
>>38963743
Nah I think it would have been completely different had Griffith become king. I think part of the reason he's so insane now is because of the immense torture he went through and it just made him snap that and the fact no one came to save him until it was too late changed his character. He probably would have made a great king. Maybe that's why Griffith killed everyone because nobody saved him in time.
>>
>>38963791
Yeah but those wars are going to just happen again at some point the cycle is just bound to continue. He technically didn't do jack shit but bring on unspeakable horrors on the Earth and masquerade himself as the next messiah. He's literally the anti christ.
>>
Griffith is a result of the great unconscious of Mankind, which wanted a savior. Casualty is a hell of a drug.
>>
File: 1500071003186.jpg (100KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1500071003186.jpg
100KB, 900x900px
Anime will never not be gay
>>
>>38963808
Exactly. By the time he was saved, it was already too late for him to do anything. When Guts decided to break his promise and leave, and Griffith was caught having sex, it was all over. Had Guts decided to stay, Griffith would have been able to rule without sacrificing the band of hawk.

By the time he was saved, becoming a God Hand was the only way for him to reach his ambitions. Sacrificing the band of hawk was a step ladder for that.
>>
>>38963897
and neither will you back to the closet fagola
>>
>>38963808
He snapped before being tortured. It was when Guts left the hawks. Turning into a depressed little bitch cuz his buttbuddy left and trying to get over him by fucking a roastie.
>>
>>38963646
Anybody would do what he did in his position
>tortured and suffering for year
>badly maimed
>band of the hawk was willing to die for griffith
>princess wanted it
>casca wanted it

Gutskek is in the wrong, muh revenge
>>
>>38963808
It wouldn't have been different, that's the whole point. During the whole Golden Age Arc Griffith is sacrificing people for himself. He lures them in with his charisma and his promises of fame and fortune and they die in the battlefield for him. The whole sacrifice of the bands at the eclipse is just this taken to its extremity. The God Hand is saying to Griffith, that if he wants to be King, he has to be able to sacrifice them all, no exceptions, no favorites.
>>
>>38963906
>Guts could have saved Griffith if he stayed just a little longer
>Would have probably gotten married to Casca
>Griffith would be King and would stop giving a fuck about Guts doing his own thing because he'd be too busy being King
>All the mercenaries would be high ranking guards/chiefs
I wonder if Guts ever thinks he fucked up or if it's all Griffith's fault. I genuinely believe the torture completely warped his mind in a permanent manner and part of what he's doing is a personal vendetta more than it has to do with being King.
>>
File: 1495929490827.jpg (32KB, 666x501px) Image search: [Google]
1495929490827.jpg
32KB, 666x501px
>Sacrifices everyone just cause he essentially couldn't accept having a cheeky wank or bang Casca in the first place
>>
File: griffith.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
griffith.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
>>38963646
It wasn't even a choice. Therefor everything he did was pre-determined. MEMESALITY.
>>
>>38964389
Not true Guts disproves this by surviving and goes against the forces of fate trial after trial. Which means fate isn't predetermined.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.