[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

going to start watching a bunch of Anime essentials because I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 11 am.png (405KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
11 am.png
405KB, 1024x768px
going to start watching a bunch of Anime essentials because I missed out on the Anime scene when I was young.

Finished:
Welcome To The NHK
Serial Experiments Lain
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Azumanga
KonoSuba

Currently Watching:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
>>
>>38958593
Add Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Paranoia Agent, and Kaiji
>>
Right now I'm focusing on Anime that only have one or two seasons. I was going to watch Love Hin and Tenchi Muyo, but way too much episodes. Monster lasts for so long.
>>
>>38958593
watch madoka desu
>>
Amaama to Inazuma
>>
>>38958593
watch all seasons of hajime ippo nigger
>>
I'm watching a bunch of Anime and seeing how much detail goes into a character doing something simple such as playing a CD or putting together a computer. There's also a lot more interesting camera angles. Why are these details hardly present in modern Anime?
>>
>>38958593
are you going to watch index and railgun op?
>>
File: 1486468573949.gif (242KB, 858x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486468573949.gif
242KB, 858x480px
I would like to request that you watch nichijou
>>
>>38959385

I will try to get to it after Cowboy Bebop. I want to be familiar enough with all the influential Anime and Anime whose reaction images get posted a lot.
>>
>>38958593
I don't know if that's a complete list of what you've done but either way you should be tracking what you've watched with Taiga linked to a MAL or Hummingbird account.
First of all you'll want to watch Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. The first 4 parts have been animated (with a live action moving coming too for part 4) and the manga goes a shitload further. I say this not just because it's great on its own merits but because it's been going since the 80s and a shitload of other series make Jojo references, subtle or overt.

Other required entry level stuff, marked with a star if watching the English dub is a must but they all have fine to outstanding dubs:
Toradora
Death Note
Code Geass
Desert Punk - *
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Baccano - *
Durarara - set in Baccano universe
Great Teacher Onizuka

There's a shitload more I can list but you can only watch anime so fast and I'm not trying to write an essay here. Every one of those my picky ass watched dubbed and I would recommend choosing the dubs for all except Toradora. The original JP dub was better for that.
I pointed out dubs because they seem to go down easier for newcomers. Overall dubs are usually inferior (almost guaranteed in older series) but the quality of English dubs has been improving a lot in recent years.

For finding your anime I'd recommend joining Animebytes once apps are open again but for now nyaa.si, pantsu.cat, and bakabt will have all the entry level stuff you need.
>>
>>38960371

Panty And Stocking dub is pretty good. Sounds a lot more natural and the jokes are easier to digest because of western Internet humor
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.