[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start lifting and eating a fuckton >don't feel so

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1496772182853.jpg (66KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496772182853.jpg
66KB, 640x960px
>start lifting and eating a fuckton
>don't feel so depressed anymore
why don't you guys start lifting and raise your testosterone levels/ cure your meme depression?
>>
I am anon, it's a long road but it's working.

Weird to think 4chan would have a positive impact on my life
>>
File: 1499281228670.gif (2MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499281228670.gif
2MB, 500x400px
I am a nightwalker/runner, it honestly does help with depression. I'm going to get a gym membership soon and start lifting along with scaling back my cardio down to only 1-2 nights a week.

Doesn't change the fact I'm a virgin neet though.
>>
>>38951626
/fit/ is actually a decent board save for the e-celeb threads; much more optimistic than r9k.
>walking through the caffeinated jew aisle of grocery store and muttering 'sips' to myself
>>
File: chad.jpg (126KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
chad.jpg
126KB, 1300x867px
>>38951675

How many years of lifting will it take to get from trap body to Rollo-Sama body? I'm 6'3" by the way already used to physical activity to maintain my cute figure.
>>
don't expect the quality of this board to get any better person reading this
>>
>>38951729
i've only been lifting for about a month so i am not qualified to say. that said, i'd guess 2 years with good diet.
>>38951665
that might change with some muscle mass + confidence increase.
>>
>>38951729
On gear? 6 months.
Natty? Roughly 2 years. He's not very big desu.
>>
I have panic attacks and want to fix it? Should I workout?

How does a skinny fat work out with no equipment or money? I don't care about figure, more for mental health.
>>
>>38951729
You're 6'3 guy. Run a single cycle with pct and live a good life
>>
I have started lifting recently too (and cutting out alcohol) and I don't even need to take my anti-depressants anymore. (That said, I probably needed my anti-depressants in the first place to actually find the motivation to start lifting. They are a good temporary solution imo, not a permanent one.)
>>
>>38952862
>>>38952958
>>38952958
I basically look just like this guy yet I have only been training for 2 weeks

>I guess genetics really isn't a meme
>>
If you are depressed and don't
>eat healthy with needed vitamins and mineral ballance
>excersize
>get a good sleep schedule with a nice amount of sleep

you have no right to complain. If you do all of those and still feel like shit contact a doctor.
>>
Tried. Nothing happened.
>>
>>38953299
for how long? 1 week?
>>
>>38951675
Seriously /fit/ has had a very positive impact on my life. Over the last 2 months ive had a similar situation as op, started lifting and eating a lot more and my literal life long depression and anxiety is probably a quarter of what it once was.
>>
>>38953311
For about 6 months. Had a routine, counted my calories, did cardio too, everything.
>>
>>38953361
Now just imagine how youd look/feel if you had kept going untill now.
>>
>>38953378
I gained about 5kg in those 6 months. I would be about 10kg heavier total, that's about it.
Oh and i would have lost a ton of money.
>>
>>38953361
Sleeping hours and healthy eating is important too. I don't mean just calorie counting, I mean eating foods that are good for you like fruits
>>
>>38953418
I know. I slept properly and consistently, i mostly ate oats, eggs, whey protein, fruit/veggies, and pasta.
I did my research anon. I even kept track of everything in a spreadsheet.
>>
>>38953457
Well if none of that helped then see a doctor. Or you may have incurable vaginosis.
>>
>>38953484
>see a doctor
And say what? Doctor, i'm miserable, can you help pls.
That's stupid. Doctors are there for physical injuries and life threatening shit.
And a psychiatrist would just prescribe SSRI's, which i refuse to take because
>brain fog, decreased awareness, mellowness
>takes a couple of months for them to start working
>weight gain
>horrible withdrawal symptoms
The reason why they work, is the same reason alcohol works. It numbs you down.
So no, i don't think either a doctor or a psychiatrist can help.
>>
I do that and take bupropion and try and socialize at least once a week and I still get waves of depression.
>>
Lifting doesn't cure depression if you have anhedonia and you can't call yourself depressed if you don't have anhedonia
>>
>>38953554
A blood test to check your testosterone levels. Failing that there's no shame in having non-lifting genetics. You can take up a sport or martial arts or just do cardio to maintain your health
>>
>>38953713
Last time i had a full blood workup due to an infection, they found nothing abnormal.
That was about a year and a half ago.
>>
>start lifting
>feel no different except slightly worse because I'm doing something hard and boring that I hate

I started twice and it lasted about 6 months both times.
>>
>>38952915
do simple home workout exercises

start with running one or two blocks, do it slow if you're not used to it, just so your whole body gets warmed up well.
continue by stretching your legs, belly and arms and rotate all of your joints a little.

afterwards do planks, pushups, crunches and squats. Do as many of those as you feel comfortable with, just don't push your limits in the beginning or you're going to train once a week because you're going to be sore for the rest of it.

there you go, keep that up for at least two months and the improvements are going to start showing
>>
>>38954885
I forgot, don't eat shitty processed foods, cook for yourself
>>
>>38951601
>lifting since 4 years
>24 years old
>1,86 m, 85 kg, 15% bf
>bench press 115 kg, squat 120 kg (long weak legs), deadlift 180 kg
>still virgin
>still depressed
>still bad grades in college
>still very few friends

Nah, it's a meme.
>>
I can second this, Anon. Been lifting for 2 weeks and feel like a new man. My postured improved, I actually have energy and I actually want to do something other than lie in bed. Had a chick at my work say I look different and give me this strange smile. You can all do it robots, it's just taking that first step.
>>
>>38954941
start doing cardio or some sport then, lifting alone isn't the end all be all of sportive activity
>>
>Workplace has a small gym
>Started using it again during my breaks
>Found myself weirdly upbeat
I'm not normally depressive anyway, but the good mood effect is uncanny. Thinking about getting some weights for home use since I don't always have a change to lift after cardio.
>>
>>38955046
I do Cardio, else I wouldn't be able to have 15% bf with my eating habits.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.