[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Financial Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Actuary? What's the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1500858567584.jpg (6KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1500858567584.jpg
6KB, 200x195px
Financial Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Actuary? What's the best robot career?
>>
File: Pooop.png (330KB, 414x736px) Image search: [Google]
Pooop.png
330KB, 414x736px
>>38948325
Club Promoter.
>>
>>38948591

How many tats do I need?
>>
The real robot career is accountancy. I go to a college with a top 5 accountancy program, and a whole lot of us are robots. But we're robots that will be making a whole lot of cash 10 years down the road when we're senior managers at a Big 4 firm

Nobody will want an autist like me as a partner in the firm, but that's okay. You can still make great money as an accountant without being on the partner track and doing the grueling hours that come with that. Not to mention, the "work" that a partner does is almost entirely getting new clients and making sure the clients are happy, and that sounds more like being a car salesman than being an accountant to me. I don't want to go that route
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>38948325
noble choices.

i went with masturbater and commander of the far side of my dick.

>pic related is me the moment i realized how badly i ruined my life.
>>
File: handshakedad.jpg (22KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
handshakedad.jpg
22KB, 612x408px
>>38948325
"Regardless of whichever you choose, you've gotta be passionate about it, Champ. They say all those jobs need fancy degrees and certificates, but nothing guarantees your being hired quite like showing up, speaking with the manager, giving him a firm handshake, and telling him you wanna be there. It's as simple as that, Champ."
>>
>>38948325
>Financial Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Actuary? What's the best robot career?
actuaries make like 300k
but you will never become an actuary, it's pretty hard
>>
>>38949469
>The real robot career is accountancy

I actually thought about that but Its just getting too flooded
>>
Programmer
Kino
>>
>>38949551
>but you will never become an actuary, it's pretty hard

No shit its hard, thats why it pays. Not everyone can become one.

Also its more like 100k starting, 150-250 on the higher end, 300k is doctor territory
>>
>>38949605
>Also its more like 100k starting
Hmm, if I were to pass those actuarial exams as a professional engineer, do you think there would be some company out there who would be willing to hire me?
>>
>>38949579
Yeah, the school I attend (Notre Dame) funnels 75% of its accountancy grads into the Big 4. It's different for most folks who want to get into it. Unfortunately, the school that you attend has a lot to do with whether you get hired in this career
>>
>>38949642
>Hmm, if I were to pass those actuarial exams as a professional engineer, do you think there would be some company out there who would be willing to hire me?
what the fuck is the point anon
If you are a PE it would make more sense to pursue a PhD in engineering rather than going into an entirely different field
>>
>>38949646

yeah, you defintely got lucky, but watch out for the rising Chad/Staceys at your profession

>>38949642
>Hmm, if I were to pass those actuarial exams as a professional engineer

pretty sure you need some work experience as an actuary before you can take it
>>
Any advice for someone aspiring to become an Actuary?
>>
>>38949781
>Any advice for someone aspiring to become an Actuary
Actuarial Arts or Stats for major
Be good at math
Some advance classes are sort of like programming

also excel
>>
>>38949692
>pursue a PhD in engineering
That's only worthwhile if I want to teach at a University or do research.
Fuck it. It's all about having social skills and being able to sell yourself which I can't do.
>>
>>38949749
Yes, there are tons of Chads and Stacies at any business school, for all of you planning to go that route. Good wisdom, desu
>>
>>38949837
are you literally retarded? Why would someone with a PE want to just up and go into a different field?

how much do you make, what field are you in? What is the issue?
>>
>>38949819
I'm majoring in Mathematics with a concentration in Actuarial Science, so I have that down.
I'm also really good at math, and have finished Calc 1-3 already with ease.
I guess I've pretty much got everything important down.
>>
>>38949912
>how much do you make, what field are you in? What is the issue?
Midlife crisis, probably. A good portion of the work is dealing with architects and contractors and being confident in what you say.
>$60k usd
>Structural
>5 years experience
>Registered SE in one state
>>
>>38949983

>5 years experience as an engineer
>$60k

You getting fucked son
>>
>>38949983
Oh shit

I just looked it up and SEs don't make anywhere near I thought they did

don't you need like bachelors + 4 years experience with a PE to become a PE then even more on top to become a SE? Why would salary be so low?
>>
>>38950009
Exactly
>>38950019
>You should be making upwards of 200k, you realize that righr?
Not that much. Maybe 80k. I'm a passive little bitch who doesn't ask for raises and I smile and say thanks when I get a 2k raise -- I also smile and take it when I get a bonus equivalent to straight time pay for working an average of 48 hours a week for a couple years in a row now.
Maybe I need to move to California or something.
>>38950056
It depends on the state, I think. Here it's 3 years experience with a master's degree (which I have) to be eligible to take the SE exam.
>Why would salary be so low?
Small company in the midwest.
>>
>>38950078

My cousin started off at $60k and now makes close to 100k after 7 years with no certs.
>>
>>38950121
>started off at $60k
Please tell me he isn't Structural.
>with no certs
Does he work for a giant firm? Pretty much everyone in my office is registered except for the young EIT's that aren't eligible to take the test yet.
>>
>>38950202
Biomed I think

I guess it's a giant company since he flies to Germany, UK and Japan lots of times
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.