[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW fell for the /r9k/ and /pol/ NEET meme and now I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: 1485311867195.png (714KB, 700x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1485311867195.png
714KB, 700x2000px
>TFW fell for the /r9k/ and /pol/ NEET meme and now I'm 21 years old with no job experience, no skills, no friends, no education, simply no future

The kicker is, the best part is, that i didn't even make any use of my abundant freetime in these few years. While I didn't work i could have at least done something useful like gotten proficient at a sport, learned programming, read many books or at least learned some basic skills using youtube videos and the vast collection of on-line tutorials. For goodness sakes' I couldn't even invest in the crypto boom due to having no money.

The "NEET meme" was the worst meme of my life. I have a suspicion that the "smug neet pepe" pictures and the entire existence of the "neet master-race lifestyle" memes were simply created by Jews, or wagecucks to create less competition for themselves. By shilling the NEET meme so hard on internet forums and glorifying laziness they have effectively reduced the amount of competition for the esteemed positions that they hold.
>>
File: 1476029310669.jpg (11KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
1476029310669.jpg
11KB, 240x193px
>26 with only a college degree

l-livin the neet life
>>
>21 years old
>wahh im out of time

you got plenty of time.
either complain, and continue complaining; or do something.
try being 29 and in the same position.
>>
>>38942890
You're only 21 dude. Go find a minimum wage job. Find work in a hospital or nursing home. They hire for dietary and housekeeping
>>
Hi I'm here from /bant/, and I have something very important to say

>TFW fell for the /r9k/ and /pol/ NEET meme and now I'm 21 years old with no job experience, no skills, no friends, no education, simply no future and no shekels

The kicker is, the best part is, that i didn't even make any use of my abundant freetime in these few years. While I didn't work i could have at least done something useful like gotten proficient at a sport, learned programming, read many books or at least learned some basic skills using youtube videos and the vast collection of on-line tutorials. For goodness sakes' I couldn't even invest in the crypto boom due to having no money.

The "NEET meme" was the worst meme of my life. I have a suspicion that the "smug neet pepe" pictures and the entire existence of the "neet master-race lifestyle" memes were simply created by Jews, or wagecucks to create less competition for themselves. By shilling the NEET meme so hard on internet forums and glorifying laziness they have effectively reduced the amount of competition for the esteemed positions that they hold.
>>
>>38942945
This.

You weren't posting to social media, were you? Just tell them you had a battle with testicular cancer that lasted a few years.

>>38942973
Fuck you, I still want to post this idea.
>>
>>38942973
bullshit if you did a machine learning course and took part on the numerai competition at some point in the last two years you would have been credited NMR and sold that scamcoin for six digits plus
>>
>or at least learned some basic skills using youtube videos and the vast collection of on-line tutorials.

why do people recommend this?
employers want papers and certifications saying you're skilled. to get these papers you need to attend classes sometimes for years.
unless you're talking about learning math or physics so that you can have an easier time when you start college and not risk failing/retaking classes, learning stuff from youtube is a waste of time
>>
File: 2atwiihemgez.png (706KB, 844x472px) Image search: [Google]
2atwiihemgez.png
706KB, 844x472px
>>38942890
>/pol/
>Neet meme
What?
>>
>>38943089
Part of the NEET meme is thinking that degrees are a meme and that employers don't care about them. Look at all those guys thinking they can learn C++ at home and get a real job
>>
>>38943089
You can lie though.

Example: Excel, you can learn this on youtube and simply memorize a bunch of shortcuts and you're pretty much qualified to be an office spreadsheet monkey.
>>
>>38943152
>thinking they can learn C++ at home
but you can
>and get a real job
not this, maybe if you have a fat gihub account
>>
>>38943175
An excel/word/windows course can be done in one month and you get a certificate out of it
>>
>>38943152
A ridiculous amount of programmers are self-taught, or they have a totally unrelated degree in another field.

Yes, a degree is very valuable but you can do without it. If you have proof of previous work that's a lot more valuable than simply having 4 years of education (although to be fair, you can get both an education AND hands-on experience).
>>
>>38943152
>implying you can't learn to program on your own
>implying anyone wants to work at a place that unironically uses C++ and chooses people based on their papers
>>
File: 1487625122906.png (279KB, 634x457px) Image search: [Google]
1487625122906.png
279KB, 634x457px
>>38943089
im thinking he ment this outside of the Wage Slave Universe and learn something like a man does you know? Woodwork, how to assemble and do maintenance on your gt500 shelby elanor, how to make gunpowder, how to make your own DIY machinery for woodwork, how to blow glass, how to take your son around the town to look for jobs. You know the usual stuff you would otherwise learn if your father was ever a man himself or ever cared about you or ever even was there.
>>
>>38943231
but you can't because they will take anyone with a college degree over you and take anyone with even remotely related experience over you. Even if technically you have the skills to do the job you have no proof that you have the skills.
>>
>>38943231
>>38943228
>>38943202

I never said you can't learn a programming language on your own but the idea of "I'll fuck around learning the basics and randomly get the job of a guy with a Bachelor" is iditoic
>>
I was a NEET until I was 28 years old.

I was getting kicked off my government assistance and told I had to go take courses at a career center.

I ended up taking the CDL course that lasted a little over a month. I passed my test, got my license and literally any and every company will give you a job.

Now, if you are tied down to a family or have some obligation at home - being an over the road trucker may not work well for you, you may be better getting a local gig but with that generally comes a little physical labor.

If you have nothing holding you down, OTR is a pretty good job. Like I said, there's a million companies that will take you right after you get your license. They'll train you and eventually you'll test out and get your own truck.

I have a refrigerator, tv, high speed internet and anything else that I would ever have at home all in my sleeper bay.

All my assignments are sent to me electronically and I may have to talk to one or two people on a daily basis. Otherwise I'm either driving, waiting to be loaded/unloaded or parked at a truckstop.

It hasn't been too bad being a wagie afterall
>>
>>38943175
i'm an office spreadsheet monkey and all my co workers have college degrees. most are engineers, one is a chemical engineer even. you need a 4 year degree to get office jobs even if the job has nothing to do with your degree. HR treats college degrees as proof that you're likeable and a go-getter kind of person.
>>
>>38943276
>i'll fuck around
>basics

You're quoting something nobody said nor implied.

The WHOLE POINT IS, instead of spending 4 years taking classes.... You spend 4 years, programming for 8-10+ hours a day. Then you show this experience to employers and try to get your foot in the door.

The point was NOT: "I'll just play league of legends or WoW for 13 hours a day, post on 4chan for 2 hours a day and then maybe read a programming book for 20 minutes a day".
>>
File: 1501194540075.gif (811KB, 713x611px) Image search: [Google]
1501194540075.gif
811KB, 713x611px
>>38943292
>HR treats college degrees as proof that you're likeable and a go-getter kind of person
>mfw i have one and im the opposite
>>
File: turk-biting-burger.gif (292KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
turk-biting-burger.gif
292KB, 500x375px
>>38943270
>>38943276
Please tell me more about how I and countless other people never got hired for a "real" job because they didn't have a meme degree.
>>
>>38943319
>You spend 4 years, programming for 8-10+ hours a day. Then you show this experience to employers and try to get your foot in the door

this could work, but you would need to have something to show for it, maybe an app with thousands of downloads or something.
>>
>>38942890

>plays games and lurk on 4chan all day
"memes ruined me"

this guy's a joke.
>>
>>38943395
No shit.

Make apps, make websites, contribute to open source projects. That all looks good as fuck to employers.

Hell, do freelancing. I bet if you told an employer "Hey I have over 500 hours spent freelancing on this website, although no degree" they will be impressed.
>>
>>38943265
you need to be an illegal immigrant to get a job doing any of those things
>>
>>38943597
>get a job doing any of those things

the point flew right over your head, it isnt about some shitty job its about expanding yourself with things that require actual skill, actual man mind to even comprehend it
>>
>>38943288
I was looking into this today and it seems that most driving schools want an extensive employment history.

What did you say when you were asked what you've been doing the past 10 years?
>>
File: 1410928958893.jpg (26KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1410928958893.jpg
26KB, 512x384px
>>38942890
>he fell for any meme at all
lmao you idiot, and you still on the run with the Jew meme and believe shilling is real. Stop consuming 4chan it's bad for your health.
>>
>>38945050
Shilling is actually real though, there's absolutely bots and people paid to subject public opinion. i don't see why you'd think there isn't.

Advertising and marketing is literally a multil billion dollar industry everywhere. Why would the internet, which is used by millions upon millions of people suddenly not be affected?

>Make a thread asking people on opinion of a person/product
>Respond to yourself with weak arguments
>Respond to your own weak arguments "btfoing" them and showing the person/product in a positive light and get people seeing/talking about it with how much views 4chan gets
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.