[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't decide if I want to go to Japan and be comfy/alone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 1210150633.jpg (322KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
1210150633.jpg
322KB, 1753x986px
I can't decide if I want to go to Japan and be comfy/alone or Thailand where I can live like a king and plow unlimited traps.

What would you do with unlimited NEET bux but limited NEET time?
>>
>>38928733

Whats Asian like for robots? Thinking of traveling and its the only place I can afford.

Not interested in perverted shit, just want cheap food and too get away from the western world for a few weeks.

Neither interested in tourist adventuring (elephant rides and shit) or partying. I just want to walk around and eat and drink the occasional beer.

Is it even worth traveling if this is my mindset?
>>
>>38928733
Well you sure would be alone in Japan, they aren't too open to multiculti. Outside the teenage women, who only want 9/10 and above, which you clearly aren't.

In Thailand you'd be a degenerate though, and when you die AIDS-ridden and a faggot you'll go to Hell.
>>
>>38928922
I've always traveled with this mindset. There's plenty of places in south east asia that are far away from people in general. But also plenty of cities that you can just get lost in and disappear for a while.
I'd say its definitely worth it. Indonesia is probably my favorite place to do that. So vast and so cheap.

I ask the question in the OP because I recently came across a lot of money. I'm at a crossroads.
>>
I am facing a similar choice myself Anon, I think i'll go with Japan, and not be a degenerate in a 3rd world shit hole.
>>
>>38929052
I'm leaning toward the same choice. But I've been to Japan 2 times in the last 2 years already. But not with this much money.

I pretty much have the chance to have the ideal experience in either place.
But Thailand I can make my dollar go just a bit farther.
>>
What do you even do in Japan as a westerner? I mean you've been there, I haven't, so i don't mean to act like i know better than you do, but Japan doesn't seem very globalized at all (good for them). In the sense that they're their own insular culture. Aren't there like barely any English speakers and no english signs/communities/etc outside of American bases?
>>
>>38929160
They need to globalize if they want to survive. Neglecting white men will be their demise
>>
File: 1501418799361.gif (47KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1501418799361.gif
47KB, 250x194px
>>38928733
>live in a finnish forest with an aryan grill
>the feel when winters spent in your forest home in front of a fireplace in each others arms
>looking into her eyes, those beautifully blue eyes
>"gib benis, anon :DDDDDDDD"

mfw
>>
>>38929160
They treat foreigners kindly. There's a decent amount of English signage to get around. And enough technology to translate whats not in english. I also know how to read hiragana and katakana.
Also most young people speak enough english to help you get by. You wont have much trouble there unless you suffer from a legitimate brain disorder.
>>
>>38929106
I honestly think going to Japan with more money would be better Anon, save Thailand and other such places for when you have a little less to spend.
Have you seen everything there? If it is comfy for you, go be comfy.
Thailand will lead to bad things, and it'll only be worse, the more disposable funds you have.
>>
>>38929160
Also when I say they treat foreigners well I mean they treat tourist (who they eventually want gone) very kindly. As long as you don't intent to stay there forever. and aren't obnoxious.
>>
>>38929222
Checked.

original, big man.
>>
File: only_god_forgives_ver8_xlg.jpg (489KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
only_god_forgives_ver8_xlg.jpg
489KB, 1500x1125px
>>38929017

I am Australian so Indonesia is dirt cheap. Not really the Bali type though. I always thought it was a meh place to travel outside of Bali because of religious population (Muslims). I really like pork and drink you see.

Can you give some more info about your travel and experiences. Very curious.

Not really interested in Japan or Korea because its expensive. SEA is dirt cheap but I know less about the region

>Japan would be cool but I am not a weeb and the rural parts I would like to see are probably full of xenophobes
>>
>>38929379
I really like Sumatra. I went from Lake Toba to Padang and a few places in between.
Those towns have all the accommodations for tourists but while I was there I was either the only foreigner or one of very few.
It might just have been the time of year that I went. I felt like I was a world away from anything I was familiar with but I didn't feel threatened or in danger at all for the most part.
Probably some of the best food I've had was in Padang Indonesia. There was lots of variety.

I never experience racism in Japan other than from drunk old people late at night on the street. Even then I never felt threatened or really offended by it.
>>
>>38929509

Given what I said earlier, what is there to do? How did you spend your time there? Seriously might consider going in the new year based on this.

Are there tons of muslims? Is it easy to drink? Will the girls talk to you?
>>
File: 20140516_150524.jpg (423KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
20140516_150524.jpg
423KB, 1753x986px
>>38929586
For what you're looking for you might just want to go to Bali.
I just rented a motorbike and zipped around the countryside.
It seemed mostly Hindu in the places I went. I really didn't pay attention to that. There was never any trouble finding alcohol. And sure the girls will talk to you. If you're attractive or ask for directions.
I don't think I could really sell you on this. For me it was more of a comfy place to be.
>>
>>38929379
I am Australian too.
Indonesians hate us, are overtly racist, Muslim and are absolute peasants.
Spend your money elsewhere, IMO Anon
>>
>>38929290
what exactly changes if/when they figure out you're staying long-term? how much of a difference does it make if you become conversational in japanese?
>>
>>38929670

You kinda sold it to me with this pic desu.

How much could would you money would you rec (not including flights) taking if you just want to eat good food and drink outside of white areas (areas like pic related that is ok for tourists to go)?

Pls mention currency so I can convert.

>>38929670

Like where that is actually cheap for us?
>>
>>38929793
Not the anon you're replying to, but I live in a very small town in rural Japan. Couple thousand people at most, probably less.

They're generally friendly towards foreigners, since foreigners occasionally come to the village as tourists and take a lot of pictures but if you start actually living here, people act very surprised, but not in a negative way. They just constantly remind you that you're a foreigner, like being impressed at your japanese or cooking skills, or constantly asking you retarded questions about your home country.

After 13 fucking years of living with them though, they just start treat you like any other villager.
>>
>>38929793
Idk, I've just read online that most expats weren't treated with much respect/as an outsider and never fully assimilate to the culture.
I only brought up moving there once to a Japanese guy I met there. He was just like "haha yeah.... It would be difficult for you to get citizenship." I didn't really press the subject and neither one of us were aggressive about it at all. No one is going to attack you for bringing it up.

>>38929808
I did 3 months there for around $2,000 (usd) total, including flights. That was like 3 years ago. I don't remember all the details or if the currency has changed much. I'm not a heavy drinker and I was also solo for all of it.
I never had any problems going anywhere I wanted to go. People were usually friendly and accommodating.I still came home with $800 that I didn't spend.
>>
>>38929892
>>38929968
Is the yakuza still a thing in japan? Should someone be worried about them if you plan to visit?
>>
>>38929968

Interesting. Thanks for info on the indo.
>>
>>38930103
What a weird question lol

Outside Fukuoka, you don't have to worry about yakuza. The families in major cities are mostly legit as of 2017, and the only illegal thing they do is extortion. They very rarely get violent, and a foreigner shouldn't have to worry about them.

In Fukuoka is a different story, though. The yakuza there act like Mexicans.
>>
>>38930147
How do they act like mexicans?
>>
>>38929892
13 years is a long time... I guess you like it or you wouldn't have stayed... ? Do you teach in a school there?
>>
>>38930103

What do you think you'd do that would result in contact with the yakuza, let alone pissing them off?
>>
File: 88863K3.jpg (441KB, 2112x2112px) Image search: [Google]
88863K3.jpg
441KB, 2112x2112px
>>38930198
dojin-kai and its affiliates are some of the only clans that engage in drug trafficking. most families forbid it.

they're also pretty mean and do retarded shit like firing machine guns into public crowds or tossing grenades into Chinese embassies.

shit was on the news a lot here in japan during the 2010-2011.
>>
File: tumblr_mxlm1qskUJ1rzrc68o1_500.png (556KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxlm1qskUJ1rzrc68o1_500.png
556KB, 500x750px
>>38928733
>Actually contemplating going with ultimate degeneracy over comfy animeland
You disappoint us all, OP
>>
>>38930228
don't have a choice. Came here on a fake passport in 2004 and now its expired and airport identification is a lot more complicated now. I'm kinda stranded here

I work in a minshuku owned by a local family(actual family, not criminal family). I just do the cooking and stay hidden from sight so the people who stay dont know that its a gaikokujin cooking their delicious meals in the morning
>>
>>38930312

confirmed larp
>>
>>38930360
Tons of undocumented workers here, m8. mostly koreans. Before immigration laws got a little harsher there used to be a lot more
>>
traveling seems really scary
>>
>>38930439
Traveling is a rich roastie's favorite hobby.
>>
>>38930312
somehow i imagine your country's embassy could get you sorted out if you wanted to leave...
>>
>>38930470
I'm good for now. I may or may not have some petty warrants in my home country also
>>
>>38930525
Get out of Abe's nation, you degenerate.
>>
>>38929222
>tfw this is literally word-for-word everything I find comfy
Dad's breddy gud anon :DDD
>>
>>38928733
Thailand sucks.
sjit weather, shit food, and too fucking dirty.
Atleast in Japan you will never get some foreign tropical disease that has no cure
>>
>>38928922
If you are a white guy and go to thailand everyone will assume you are only there for child sex trafficking or ladyboy prostitute
>>
>>38928733
you could have posted a thai trap pic - instead you went with japanese train station

think about that OP
>>
>tfw it is getting harder and harder to move to a different country

fucking jews, reeeeee

i just wanna move to weeb land already
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.