[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me why people don't understand how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0848.jpg (13KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0848.jpg
13KB, 250x196px
Can someone tell me why people don't understand how memes work these days?
>>
>>38926304
What kind of people are you talking about?
>>
File: homer thinking.png (27KB, 1020x680px) Image search: [Google]
homer thinking.png
27KB, 1020x680px
I haven't met anyone other than oldfags that don't get memes.
>>
>>38926316
Mainly the average crowd. They seem pretty ignorant of how memes work.
>>
>>38926361
edumacate them how bow dah
>>
>>38926361
Most people are too busy living their lives to be bothered with going online all the time and keeping up with the memes.

Really sad life, if you think about it. Constantly concerned with the trivialities of life, like working and trying to find happiness when the life style the live is akin to slavery and not the path to freedom.

The more and more I try to make the transition to being like a normal human being, the more I realize that people in the real world are far more miserable than the faggots I see here on /r9k/. They're just living a disillusioned life.
>>
Is lobotomy considered medicine? Cause I think you need that.
>>
File: CERAL GUY.jpg (7KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
CERAL GUY.jpg
7KB, 236x213px
Oldfags don't care about memes.

The older you get, the less anything tends to matter, but mostly, memes have been recycled and changed so much that a new meme is like a new piece of gum on the sidewalk. What the fuck ever.

They became more about relating anything to anything, than finding humor in something.

I still have no idea why putting your face in the crease of your arm, shooting your other arm backwards and calling it a "dab" is fun, or even worth spreading.

But whatever. Do whatever I guess.
>>
>>38926510
Your taffy pudding must've been bitter this morn, gramps
>>
File: well_I_you_know....png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
well_I_you_know....png
12KB, 560x407px
>>38926510
Our memes used to actually have something real behind them, not just a phrase with no punchline or joke. Nyancat was a catchy song as was Badger Badger etc. Shfifty Five? Catchy.

Rage comics sucked, I'll give you that one but mostly old memes gravitated around something memorable, sans pepe.

I have no idea why Pepe is popular, or why he got popular. He used to just be another reaction image like this one.

Kids like frogs? I don't fucking know.
>>
>>38926553
Name one funny recent meme worth laughing at. Something actually fucking funny and worth spreading. Just one. Just toss up the example.
>>
>>38926582
I kinda get why Pepe is a meme.
He can be used in a multitude of different ways, and can be changed without messing up the formula of the meme.
>>
File: potato trump.jpg (91KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
potato trump.jpg
91KB, 400x400px
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE MEMES!
>>
File: Wew_lad.jpg (34KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Wew_lad.jpg
34KB, 550x550px
>>38926665
Brand spanking new content right here that gets me wew ladding at a fairy brisk pace
>>
>>38926997
Normie, get out. Original as the day I was born.
>>
>>38926665
Woah, you better put some motherfucking respeck on my name right now or cash me ousye, how bow dah?
>>
4chan from 10 years ago only has itself to blame for this shit
>>
File: metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater.jpg (11KB, 350x297px) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater.jpg
11KB, 350x297px
>>38926304
People don't understand memes these days?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.