[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convince my parents to cut my sister at of our lives

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2015-03-29-15-14-00.png (370KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-03-29-15-14-00.png
370KB, 720x1280px
How do I convince my parents to cut my sister at of our lives for good? She's a heroin addicted leech and is just going to kill us all emotionally, financially, and maybe physically. She's not worth the trouble my parents have tried to help her get clean for more than a decade at this point.

I moves out of my parents a few months ago so my contact with her is minimal, but I can't let her do this anymore. My mom and dad are good people and don't deserve this.

Open to all suggestions help me out
>>
File: 1459590464858.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1459590464858.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
Give her some fentanyl and tell her it's not. Don't call an ambulance.
>>
Does she live with you guys or with druggie bfs?
>>
>>38921197
Considered this before desu. Though I think actually killing her would just cause more emotional damage for my parents. Still exploring this option though
>>
>>38921228
Just moved back in with my parents less than a month ago after being kicked out of her 3 quarter house or w/e the fuck its called. Lived with a druggy bf who beat her which is why shes back now
>>
>>38921143
why not just slowly make her life more and more uncomfortable at home. If she leaves on her own accord than you wont have to convince your parents of anything
>>
File: IMG_1345.png (171KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1345.png
171KB, 300x300px
>>38921143
I wish my parents had the patience and love to put up with my shit for a decade. But it's only been 9 months, and I'm not even a drug addict, just a wagecuck whose Dad threatens to kick him out from time to time and provides no support. Financially, emotionally, mentally, physically, or otherwise.
>>
>>38921400
Most men never wanted children.
>>
>>38921400
sorry to hear that bro. You and a lot of other people deserve parents like mine. Which is why she pisses me off so much. She has no idea how lucky she is.
>>
>>38921392
Eh kinda hard to do since I don't live at home. Even so when her alternative is living in some sketchy 3/4 house or junky friend's in a shitty neighborhood I doubt she'll want to leave despite anything I do
>>
>>38921143
There's a good recent molymeme video about this.

Basically, you're responsible, because you're just placing this at the feet of your parents who so far have done fucking nothing.

Drop what you're doing and help your sister or just leave them all be. Don't half measure this stuff.
When she dies from an overdose or whatever remember that you had every opportunity to involve yourself and simply chose not to.
>>
>>38921643
>>>38921143 (OP) (You)
>There's a good recent molymeme video about this
hahahaha no

>Basically, you're responsible, because you're just placing this at the feet of your parents who so far have done fucking nothing

Why am I expected to be responsible for my older sister's life? She's an adult not a helpless child. She has to WANT to get clean if she wants to get better. Nothing I say will change her mind, and I've pretty much said it all. And my parents have done EVERYTHING to help her. You have no idea how much time and effort they've invested to help her stay clean
>Drop what you're doing and help your sister or just leave them all be. Don't half measure this stuff.
Yeah I should just drop everything I'm doing, and devote everything to her recovery just so she can repeat the same cycle shes gone through for most of her life. No thanks I've done that plenty of times

The best option here is just remove her from my family's life. I don't care if she gets clean as long as she stops fucking sucking my parents dry.
>>
>>38921997
If your family isn't important to you, fine.
If you don't want to be responsible, fine.

Just don't come here, or anywhere for that matter, and ask what should I do???
Because that's just being a hypocrite. You don't want to do anything, you just want somebody to qualify your negligence.

Sorry you had to be told this on an anime fanforum.
>>
>>38921143
it's not your decision. stop trying to control your dumb parents and live your own life.
>>
leave some super super strong stuff in a place you know she will check, then she overdoses by herself and everybody will think she just found it
>>
>>38921143
>She's a heroin addict
There's absolutely nothing you or your parents can do. Any retard in this thread saying he shoulf help is retarded and has no idea about the effects of hard drugs. This shit isn't marjuana or alcohol, this is heroin. People get physically addicted to this, so much that they have total mental/physical breakdowns when they try get off it. Even if they've beat the odds and stopped taking it, that high they got from it will never leave their memories, they will never truly not want it, they've merely just jaded themselves with mors and guilt in an attempt to try stop themselves to succumbing to their vice.
The best you can do OP is educate your parents on what the effects of heroin is. Chances are they won't listen because it is their little girl you're talking about abandoning. They feel guilty themselves that they let your sister get to the point she has so now they feel they need to correct their own mistakes. It's a vicious cycle, especially since your sister has absolutely no moral compass to even see what your parents are trying to do for her. I really feel for you OP, your parents shouldn't have to deal with this shit, but it's the only thing that makes them feel at ease.
>>
>>38922074
>>>38921997 (You)
>If your family isn't important to you, fine.
My parents and their wellbeing is important to me. Not my sisters. We're all just tools for her fix, and giving her continued support will only enable her further.

Her addiction is her only personal problem to overcome not ours. We've done everything possible to help her, but if you think there's some magical way that I can do something to get her clean I'm all ears.
>>
>>38922278
Finally someone who gets it. Honestly they know damn well ow this drug has affected her probably more than myself. I want to present this logically tat completely cutting contact with her is objectively the best thin for everyone. Where do I even start though with presenting this to them ? Would a restraining order be a good idea?
>>
>>38922358
You haven't done shit.
If she's living in their house and still using, you're all complicit.

Really your attitude is shocking.
If the tables were turned, and it was you with the substance addiction, running out of places to go, what would you want to happen? For your sister to fight to convince your parents you're not worth the fucking grief of helping?

Look at yourself
>>
>>38922894
>You haven't done shit.
Not true
>If she's living in their house and still using, you're all complicit.
So why are you so against me convincing them to cut her loose?

>If the tables were turned, and it was you with the substance addiction, running out of places to go, what would you want to happen?
Bro what ifs are fucking stupid. I live in this reality not some alternate one were I'm slowly killing my parents. but....

>For your sister to fight to convince your parents you're not worth the fucking grief of helping?
Absolutely if I put them through 10+ years of hell. If my parents became nothing to me except a tool to get my fix. If I stole thousands of dollars wort of sit off them including their fucking wedding ring. It's a personal problem not everyone else's
>>
>>38923128
You're legit crazy if you think this is a personal problem that doesn't affect you
Runs in the family you're all dysfunctional fruit loops
It's my turn to say you're not worth helping
>>
>>38922894
OP ignore this retard. Probably some junkie himself who thinks the world needs to accommodate his "disease." I say set up a sting and get her sent to prison, and then file a restraining order.

Junkies are fucking scum and deserve to die. Every single one of them. Fucking wish the state would stop paying for their narcan so they can all just cease being a drain on society.
>>
>>38923173
>You're legit crazy if you think this is a personal problem that doesn't affect you
Yes her decisions affects the people close to her
>Runs in the family you're all dysfunctional fruit loops
grandpa had a slight drinking problem, but that's literally it.
>It's my turn to say you're not worth helping
that's fine I don't need it, but if you think enabling her is the solution then you're more delusional then she is when nodding out
>>
I clearly told you to enable her yeah whatever senpai strawman me harder
Saged
>>
>>38923480
whatever faggot. Overdose and kill yourself plz
>>
>>38921143
If she progresses normally, the problem should solve itself in 18-20 months or so.
>>
>>38922812
send her to prison. parents wont have to pay for it and they can visit her whenever.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.