[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you do to get over her, /r9k/? >tfw I took up painting,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1501842214834.jpg (462KB, 3204x2136px) Image search: [Google]
1501842214834.jpg
462KB, 3204x2136px
What did you do to get over her, /r9k/?

>tfw I took up painting, but can't help my thoughts continually wonder off to her and her alone
>>
>>38919376
You really enjoy painting? I've been drawing since I was a kid and eventually came back to it as well after being depressed. It was the one thing I was always better at than others, and I still use it to help feel good about myself.
Do you have any pieces lined up or plans to improve? Whatever you do, do not listen to the majority of /ic/.
>>
I kept pursuing her until she finally gave me a harsh rejection and told me she didn't like anything about me and was only pretending to be nice. Might sound bad but at least I don't think about her everyday anymore.
>>
>>38919376

Wow, never thought I'd see another person who've got the same veiny chest I have, let alone a female. Whenever we had PE in school kids always called me Terminator and shit like that because of it.
>>
>>38919452
>Do not listen to the majority of /ic/
Horrible advice. Take everything you hear from them with a grain of salt, tho
>>
>>38919452
I'm loving playing with light and the brush-techniques you can use to get amazing lighting. I love playing with paint consistencies, all the colors, combinations and ways of painting. I'm absolutely enamoured with the technical aspect. I've also always been thoroughly impressed by Rembrandt and I wish to do what he did. Well, within the limits of my meagre skills as a painter, that is.

I didn't know /ic/ existed until you pointed it out. Will steer clear of it anyway. YouTube has been amazing so far.
>>
>>38919628
I think it's beautiful. You're beautiful.
>>
File: lightningstrikescar.jpg (105KB, 716x800px) Image search: [Google]
lightningstrikescar.jpg
105KB, 716x800px
>>38919628
Kids are assholes, I bet its cool as shit. Ive always really liked fractal patterns like that, pic related
>>
>>38919725
Thats nice to hear, anon. Keep doing what you love. I hope you get to a level you are happy with.
>>38919663
The majority of /ic/ are people who either are not of a high enough skill cap to offer advice or people who floated on by from tumblr (I have seriously considered that /ic/ is one of the most newfag infested boards). The former parrot whatever they hear, and those that do know what they are talking about get drowned out or just dont regularly post. There is a very large lack of substance there and one of the only solid pieces of advice that it offers is to get a very good grasp of fundamentals. Even that is completely taken overboard though with people spamming bloated and exaggerated messages. I guess it may just be because 4chan is toxic as a whole, but when it comes to aiding people's journey with art, /ic/ is very much useless. Bonus: One of /ic/'s biggest pit falls is its lack of reverence for modern art and style.
rant over[/spoier]
>>
At first nothing. I was a NEET for the full year following highschool (at the end of which I was never going to see her again), and whenever I wasn't eating snacks/playing new vidya/watching animu, I could think of nothing but her. I figured I needed to have my time and mind put into to something or else my longing for her would drive me into depression so I did the most mind and time consuming things I could think of: I oined the army then pursued an engineering degree thanks to that (in my country you can do that fairly easily).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.