[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>using the word "normies" holy shit is there any

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: 1493007847457.jpg (67KB, 983x815px) Image search: [Google]
1493007847457.jpg
67KB, 983x815px
>using the word "normies"
holy shit is there any better indicator of a reddit user? it's literally a word made up to replace "normalfags" since that was "too offensive."
>>
is there anything more reddit than calling things reddit?
>>
File: 1502036423599.png (158KB, 666x607px) Image search: [Google]
1502036423599.png
158KB, 666x607px
>>38918216
OP is actually 100% right.

>/r9k/ in 2011-2013
>Everyone called people "normalfags". No one knew what a "normie" was
>I leave for 2 years
>Come back in 2015, post-explosion of "meme culture"
>Everyone's talking about fucking "normies" all of the sudden

It was so blatantly obvious that a Reddit/Facebook invasion took place in 2014/15.

Also in 2011-2013, although everyone knew Pepe was the original name of the frog, everyone referred to it as Sadfrog. "Pepe" was revived as a "le so quirky xxDD" name for it by Reddit/Facebook invaders.
>>
File: Toodeep4me.jpg (14KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
Toodeep4me.jpg
14KB, 570x570px
>>38918216

Have you already forgotten that survey that said 80% of r9k regs are also reddit users?

>>Tfw I'm in the minority and i get called reddit by fags who are probably redditors
>>
>>38918216
>it's literally a word made up to replace "normalfags" since that was "too offensive.

No, it's "literally" not. It's "literally" just an abbreviation for the word "normalfag" because it's shorter to type and say. Making shit up and deciding you're the ultimate source of knowledge for all meme culture is 'literally" the best indicator of a reddit user.
>>
>>38918216
Normie sounds funnier
>>
>>38918306
Everytime someone blames something on reddit it sounds like a conspiracy theory.

"It was (((Reddit's))) fault!"
>>
>>38918370
>I've been called out! What do I do?
Literally poetry
>>
>>38918424
This.

Also, the word was used before 4chan even existed.

Fucking IRL newfags.
>>
File: 1502047105669.png (88KB, 280x291px) Image search: [Google]
1502047105669.png
88KB, 280x291px
>>38918463
Except it literally fucking is Reddit's fault.

We all know that there was an explosion in the popularity of so-called "meme culture" around 2014. Around that time was when characters like Sadfrog/"Pepe" and Wojak transitioned from things that you only knew of if you frequented certain sections of the internet into things that were actually posted on Facebook.

Literally everything we predicted in 2011/12 came to pass. I remember seeing threads on /r9k/ and /v/ 6 years ago that predicted the spreading of "memes" into Facebook and normalfag culture. People used to mock the idea of Reddit-tier "memes" which were just pictures with text on them. Now people 100% unironically post them all over 4chan. It is blatantly obvious that over the past 3, maybe 4 years we have been infiltrated by ever increasing hordes of Reddit users who have come here to find "le source of le memes xxDD", and those people have fundamentally changed the culture of this site.

Additionally, the alt-right phenomenon has attracted even more Reddit/Facebook attention since 2016. /pol/ is now a colony of /r/The_Donald, a subreddit of people who have absolutely nothing to do with 4chan culture and invaded us because they believe we are some kind of edgy fucking fascist breeding ground or something.
>>
>>38918216
This
If you go to other sites or apps that people care a lot about posting "memes" you'll see "normies."
4chan is the only place I've ever seen "normalfag" be used
>>
File: deep.jpg (25KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
deep.jpg
25KB, 500x414px
>>38918635
You faggots blame everything on reddit, you've proven nothing and only provided me with more ridiculous conspiracy theories because you're butthurt about the shortening of an internet slang word.

Maybe next time you wanna blame something on those (((Reddit users))) you should remember this conversation and realize that this entire website is just a self-destructive hellscape where everyone is constantly accusing everyone else of being secret jews/reddit users

>muh memes
>muh culture
>muh reddit

Eat my ass.
>>
>>38918923
>activity of /r9k/ increases after 4chan publicity from fappening and gamergate shit
>pepe suddenly all over the place on shitty meme websites and r/4chan
>influx of new users berating people for NEET/virgin lifestyle
>HURRRR THERE ARE NO REDDITERS HERE CONSPIRACYTARD
Go back to your faggot website
>>
File: bitch with a keyboard.gif (986KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
bitch with a keyboard.gif
986KB, 500x276px
>>38919074
>"these tangentially related events totally prove my conspiracy theory correct!"
>also implying that anons on this site haven't been accusing other anons of being secret redditors for decades now, before this supposed infiltration even happened
>also accusing me of being a redditor because I don't follow said conspiracy bullshit even though I've never touched the website in my life, ironically proving my point
>all this bullshit because "normalfag" was shortened to "normie"
Don't you have 200 threads about how you can't get a gf to make?
>>
File: george contrary.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
george contrary.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>38918216
Did no one else watch the garbage pail kids movie? It's about a bunch of freaks that get treated poorly by normal people. There's a scene where they scream out "NORMIES!". That is where the term is from. A lot of things are reddit's fault, but this is not one of those things.
>>
>>38919217
Here, I even found a clip from the move for you guys. It's amazing what just a minute of research will do for ya.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hslK9iF8Ug
>>
>>38919217
>Before 2014
>Literally NO ONE said "normie" on /r9k/
>After 2014
>People ONLY say "normie" on /r9k/

Come on.
>>
>>38919254
>someone provides literal proof that you're wrong

>yeah well i'm still right because *fart noises*
>>
>>38918216
I use normie because it has a better ring to it than normalfag, just like I use fag because it has a better ring to it than faggot.
>>
File: 00051kumiko.png (216KB, 472x420px) Image search: [Google]
00051kumiko.png
216KB, 472x420px
>>38918635
How about the retards who came here in 2011 and 2012 because MUH CHANOLOGY?
4chan was on Fox LA news in 2007 and there was a huge explosion of kids who started taking the "we r leejun" shit seriously, even though it was a tongue in cheek joke before that.

4chan changes, fucking deal with it. No one cares that you started posting in 2014 or 2011 or whatever. If you really were an oldfag you wouldn't be bitching because you'd have already been through this multiple times before.
>>
File: 0PJtZim.jpg (182KB, 400x478px) Image search: [Google]
0PJtZim.jpg
182KB, 400x478px
>mine face when thou use'st the phrase "normies"
>>
>nobody played the original fallout
>Nobody remembers the ghoul who calls you a normie

Fucking plebs.
>>
Fuckin normiefags
>>
>>38918216
people always said normie in conjunction with normalfag. But there has been a definite decrees with the use of normalfag.
>>
>>38918635
>I remember seeing threads on /r9k/ and /v/ 6 years ago that predicted the spreading of "memes" into Facebook and normalfag culture.
This has always been happening.
Memes have always inevitably spread to normalfag circles, after which they were promtly dropped.
It's only recently that after memes because facebook "even your mom posts them and recognizes them" tier that they are still posted on 4chan.
Yes, this trend is crossposters fault. But it's been going on for a long time.
>>
A true robot says "reals" or "realists"
>>
>>38919288
You are so obviously a newfag because what anon said is fact.
NO ONE used the term "normie" back in, say, 2010 but normalfag was a common term.

It's so disgusting when newfags pretend to know what they are talking about.
Why can't you act like a proper newfag and just say "So what it's not like you can stop me from posting" like they used to?
>>
>>38918233
/thread

orregano
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.