[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is listening to AM talk radio the most patrician robot activity?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: RAD-CCRADIO-OBS-KIT.jpg (121KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RAD-CCRADIO-OBS-KIT.jpg
121KB, 1000x1000px
Is listening to AM talk radio the most patrician robot activity? Who /John Batchelor show/ here?
>>
>>38914147
Was heavy on Coast to Coast AM. George Knapp's shows are comfykino.
>>
File: limbaugh.jpg (78KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
limbaugh.jpg
78KB, 720x537px
I love some AM talk radio... I make private podcasts by recording my favorite shows.

Going to listen to the cuddly little fuzzball El Rushbo in 10 minutes. You guys wanna join?
>>
>>38914549
Rush is boring. NYC had a good local show in his timeslot called Curtis and kuby but it got shit canned and replaced.
>>
>>38914582
were they the ones Michael Savage went to war with for like one day?
>>
>>38914610
Yup. Good show.
>>
File: gilligan.jpg (40KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
gilligan.jpg
40KB, 300x267px
I listen to comfy call in advice radio shows from the 80s and 90s. It was great hearing about people's problems before the just looked everything up on google

https://archive.org/details/01CS9205w23a
>>
>>38914582
kek I used to listen to this show too. Kuby was a rabid anti white kike and was every negative stereotype about the jews /pol/ cooks up come to life.
>>
>>38914171
I like Coast to Coast, the old episodes with Art Bell were the best. George Noory is pretty good but sometimes they just become infomercials for a guy shilling his product. My favorite is Micheal Savage, I enjoy him even when he's not talking about politics.
>>
Anybody listen to NPR?

>in b4 fuck off libcuck

I'm not.
>>
>>38914741

Savage is like listening to 3 hours of untreated mental illness... and i mean that in the best, most entertaining way
>>
>>38914741
Noory's great at geopolitics and national security, but it's best to turn the dial when he's discussing pharma or self-healing or whatever. Or when Linda Moulton Howe is on.

There's also Clyde Lewis' show. He's got some great ideas and topics to discuss, but he doesn't come off as a natural radio guy; he has no idea how to usher things and guide the conversation as smoothly as Art or either Noory or Knapp. Doesn't help that his intro is from some 1950s movie and drags on for like five minutes.
>>
Who are some good old school local hosts that just get on the air and ramble?
>>
>>38914147
Not AM but I listen to old Loveline episodes with Adam Carolla and Dr Drew. Those are super comfy.
>>
>>38915118
I liked Dr. Drew's solo AM show in the late 2000s. He's a really good host on his own.
>>
>>38914147
The most patrician robot activity is listening to shortwave radio.
>used to listen to morse code on the 80-meter band even though I couldn't speak morse code
>>
File: hams.jpg (106KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
hams.jpg
106KB, 700x469px
>>38915404
ham and shortwave were robot activities before the internet. the internet ruined the specials feels of both of them.

though ham radio is making a comeback with millennial females.
>>
>>38915404
What is transmitted on those Morse frequencies anyway? Weather updates?
>>
>>38915495
>ham radio is making a comeback with millennial females.
It's because they removed the morse code requirement from the license.
>>
>>38915627
>>38915627
HAM operators can communicate with each other using Morse.
>>
>>38915627
Regular people talking to each other, mostly.
There was this one guy near me (either nearby or had a powerful transmitter) who would be sending code endlessly.
I could always tell it was him because he had a distinctive style. He'd send for hours, get tired, take a break, and start sending again. Nobody ever replied.
I only caught pieces of words so I couldn't make out what he was sending, but it was clear he was very lonely.
>>
>>38914147
lbc is londons main talk station is pretty comfy
>>
>>38915945
what do they talk about on there?
>>
File: 0722savage.jpg (18KB, 269x220px) Image search: [Google]
0722savage.jpg
18KB, 269x220px
bump. savage is about to start
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.