[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "lifting"even worth the time and effort? >2 hours

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 32

File: virginwalk.jpg (120KB, 790x843px) Image search: [Google]
virginwalk.jpg
120KB, 790x843px
Is "lifting"even worth the time and effort?
>2 hours a day (includes warmup, communte to gym shower etc)
>countless hours preparing healthy high calorie meals
>take longer eating
>have to sleep more
>>
>>38907435
>unlock your inner chad
>make normies jealous
>become good at something
>E N D O R P H I N S
>>
Since I quit WoW in 2010 I've had nothing else to fill my time with besides lifting.
>>
you dont do it every day you do it 3 days a week because your body needs to recover strength in days between workouts. 4 days if you can handle it. the diet is the most annoying part because youre constantly counting calories
>>
>>38907435
I don't know. I greatly fear being attacked or murdered, so I want to have a chance of overpowering, strangling, gouging, another man (I don't.)
>>
>>38907435
You forgot the cost of steroids, PCT, gyno surgery, hair transplants, finasteride, TRT, etc.
>>
File: 1499800134122.jpg (33KB, 471x620px)
1499800134122.jpg
33KB, 471x620px
>>38907435
i know this is bait, but ill respond seriously

>2 hours a day (includes warmup, communte to gym shower etc)
2 hours is not a lot of time for exercise(im sure you need some), and no matter how you exercise it will take around 2 hours. If you really hate the time then get a cheap home gym
>countless hours preparing healthy high calorie meals
This isn't even a necessary step. Yes a diet orientated to lifting will help your gains, but as a beginner just focus on eating more protien and calories, or more protien and less calories(if you are over weight) As a beginner you will see gains even if you just lift and dont change your diet. Even if this was a necessary step, doesnt eating healthy have hundreds of benefits on its own?
>take longer eating
What? I don't even understand. Do mean longer preparing food? Because that's also not really true, you can eat delicious healthy meals or gross tasting healthy meals. Like all things ethe more effort you put in, the higher quality you get out.
>have to sleep more
same with eating, you probably arent getting enough and more sleep comes with its own amazing benefits.

Overall too me it sounds like you are advocating a sedentary unhealthy life. All of the things in your list are worth the effort. All of them come with huge benefits.
>>
>2 hours a day
it takes me like a total of maybe an hour. The hardest thing is having the money to buy all the food to convert to gains.
>>
>>38907435
It starts out hard but once you get a schedule it's really easy. Make yourself a routine, set an alarm clock and a time you go to sleep, and just generally try to eat healthy..
>>
File: 304814.jpg (28KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
304814.jpg
28KB, 500x340px
>>38907435
Is anything worth the time and effort? What do you get out of vidya and tv? What do you get out of lifting?

I started working out 5-6 days a week, by building a home gym. I can look like an idiot and nobody can judge me for it. It's been a month and I've doubled my bench (from 45 to 90; still baby weight, but it's progress).

>countless hours preparing healthy high calorie meals.

I cook twice a month, big batches, and freeze it. Spaghetti sauce, beef stew, ginger chicken, and turkey stew.

>have to sleep more

True story, I sleep way less than I used to. A month ago if I got less than 9 hours sleep I was slogging my way through my day. Now I literally can't sleep more than 7 hours.
>>
>>38907435
It guarantees you a gf and sex. When you look like Zyzz, you can do and say anything to women and they'll still jump on your pee pee thingie.
>>
>>38907478
>most chads dont even lift
>i dont care what normalfags think
>you can get endorphins from running or something
>>38907588
>you really hate the time
I dont. I just work weird wagecuk hours so its difficult to fit into the day
>Even if this was a necessary step, doesnt eating healthy have hundreds of benefits on its own?
Eating healthy? Sure. Easy. Eating 4500 calories healthy? Like a fucking full time job dude.
>sleep
Again i work a restaurant job and dont always have the luxury of getting perfect sleep
>Overall too me it sounds like you are advocating a sedentary unhealthy life
Youre making clueless assumptions. I live in a walkable city and walk a couples miles a day actually. If anything, im worried ill be more sedentary if i lift cause "cardio kills gains xD" and im an ectomorph so it takes me a while to gain weight
>>
>>38907656
>I cook twice a month, big batches, and freeze it. Spaghetti sauce, beef stew, ginger chicken, and turkey stew
Doesnt sound healthy tbgqh
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (534KB, 2640x2200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
534KB, 2640x2200px
>>38907705
fine, keep doing your walks
no working out will not make you more desireable, no you cannot do cardio and lift because /fit/ memes, no it is impossible for you too spare too hours, no it is impossible for you too eat 2000 healthy calories instead of 4500(no beginneer/intermediate lifter needs this number btw), no it is impossible to make any gains at all as a ectomorph.

all of this is correct right, you arent just making excuses right? You cant just do a 2 mile jog as a warmup for cardio right? pic related is impossible right.
>>
>>38907435
Only lift if you enjoy lifting anon.

I bettered myself, lost weight, gained muscle, got into fashion & style...

But we're still robots, normies can smell your mental retardation, yeah you'll attract some roasties, but best you'll ever do is a one night stand with the most busted roasties, because even they leave when you open your mouth
>>
>>38907826
damn nigga good job
>>
>>38907826
Kek still ugly as shit
4/10 to maybe a 6
Still not worth it
>>
>>38907932
So true.

Roastie: "OMG I love geekie guys!"
Roastie 2 weeks later: "All you ever do is play video games and read books! Lose my number."
>>
>>38907826
>tfw between these two at the moment
I need to move past calisthenics, get over myself, and just go to a fucking gym
>>
I've been working out for eight months now?
First two months, I overheard a gym staff laughing at me cause I was fat.

Lost around fifty pounds.
Started as a cardio bunny, then stopped being afraid of lifting after losing some weight.

I definitely feel a lot better about myself now, still no friends and antisocial, but I do sometimes see girls checking me out, but don't really care anymore.

You gotta turn your workout into a habit, it takes time but the mental pain goes away.
>>
>>38908068
>First two months, I overheard a gym staff laughing at me cause I was fat.
And what did you do about it, loser?
>>
>>38907932
This. Lift for yourself or don't lift at all. If you're a true robot it will not make roasties more attracted to you
>>
File: GV4B0kgE.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
GV4B0kgE.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
This guy is the "chad" that most of us talk about.
The naturally attractive man who would be pulling 7/10s even with a shit body for being handsome.

Most gymcels do not do well with women. They might get a gym slut or two the type of trashy fake blonde yoga pants wearing slut that fucks a stranger once and drops him.

Getting a good haircut will actually work better than putting on 20lbs of muscle
>>
>>38907826
So you became a manlet?
>>
It is worth it but for the most part you're going to look no where near as good as you think you will

All the guys you see in magazines and on YouTube are top 5% genetically, can eat/train all day as it's their job and are on drugs (plus good angles/lighting)

Building your strength up is good but unless you're willing to take drugs to go further it's not worth stressing about too much

Best way of doing things is to just lift heavy and mix your workouts up, train for fun instead of some autistic boring program you hate doing and don't obsess over your diet too much
>>
>>38907826
In this picture the lifting made less of a difference than gaining weight.

The guy only looked as bad because he was really skinny. If he was normal weight the difference would be minimal at best.
>>
>>38907435
>1.5hrs; stop fucking around on your phone
>you mean about 2hrs one off to research macronutrients and develop an understanding of how to prepare nutritious meals
>implying enjoying a tasty meal prepared by yourself is the best use of time; far better than jerking off or playing vidya
>body eventually becomes super efficient, I require only two 3hr naps each day.
>>
File: vneckdress1-e1460537184876.jpg (25KB, 300x519px) Image search: [Google]
vneckdress1-e1460537184876.jpg
25KB, 300x519px
>>38908257
Can any of you tell if this man is buff or not?
Clothes hide your physique for the most part.

Even if you live in a warm place and wear short sleeve shirts your chest and your belly is still covered with only your arms exposed.
>>
File: argylework.jpg (39KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
argylework.jpg
39KB, 440x440px
>>38908311
I have a 6 pack i am sure the girls will notice it!
My biceps and chest are both well toned too!
>>
>>38908351
>>38908375
You can clearly tell their bodyfat percentage and that they roid and have a hair transplant, that's enough to be attractive. The average American has gyno, is balding, and has about 40lbs more than these guys around the belly.
>>
>>38908375
>>38908351
He'd unironically look dumpy if he was skinnyfat or just scrawny in that kind of outfit.

Also
>lifting for girls and not because it objectively makes your life better, in terms of attitude, physical ability, and helps stave off health problems
>>
Gym is an activity for autists, you can get swole all you want you'll still be that autist standing awkwardly at the bar, wondering how these other guys manage to talk with girls.
>>
>>38907435
>>2 hours a day
You can learn to become more efficient with time. You can almost certainly get that down to 1 hour 15 mins
>>
Fuck all of these replies. I don't even want to read them because I know they're all bullshit.

Lifting is nice and all. It's cool to look sexy. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter how much you workout if you don't take the same amount of time to work on your emotional/mental well-being too. I'm talking putting down those insecurities, the jealousy, build the self confidence, destroy the mental walls, etc. If you just lift and don't address the more pressing issues, you're doomed to a life of dissatisfaction.
>>
File: 1436795023570.jpg (54KB, 451x555px)
1436795023570.jpg
54KB, 451x555px
>>38907435
>doing calisthenics
>feels that adrenaline rush when you finally can do 5 correct push ups
>see how much your muscles define and your balance improve
>can finally suck my girl tits for hours without feeling like i'm gonna die of a heart attack
>eating become another goal in your life, you finally learn some discipline

Gym fags are disgusting though, hate that place, the park or my home is 100x comfier
>>
>>38907435
Well it wont cure your inner autism. It's still kinda nice high.
>>
>>38908375
>implying I lift for grills
I lift to be stronger, better in my martial art and be a hero to my son
>>38908463
Homegym masterrace; calisthenics and lifting all in the comfort of my own 4walls
>>
>>38908409
>>38908426

Ahahah please enlighten me on how you can tell a mans bodyfat % when over 90% of their body is covered in clothes.

Next you will tell me that you know how buff a guy is under his winter coat
>>
>>38908504
Teehehe i am not wearing make-up for the boys! I dont care what society thinks about my looks.

You are full of shit. And if you wanted to get stronger you would be in combat sports. You know getting the actual strenght not: "I can pull this gym device lever this many times"
>>
>>38908603
>tfw lift for the high it gives
>>
File: 1499952324905.png (150KB, 1031x532px) Image search: [Google]
1499952324905.png
150KB, 1031x532px
>>38907435
If you're lifting to attract women, the it's best to be at least 6 foot tall with at least an average face.

Note: 5'10" and below is the level at which muscles don't add to the attractiveness of a guy. Only a pretty face can save a manlet.
>>
>>38908603
do you honestly not see the benefits of being stronger healthier and living longer
>>
>>38908603
Yes and? It's a benefit true, but it's not the reason I exercise every day.

>implying they're mutually exclusive
And this is why you're here on a Mongolian poopoo examining forum complaining about how hard being in the gym is. You're scared of failing so you convince yourself it's a fruitless effort and beneath you to help comfort yourself.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_poppy_syndrome
>>
>>38908661

dude, get the fuck out of your house and get the fuck out of there with that 'manlet' bullshit.

you're just trying to feel superior to someone, or just bully them for the sake of your own insecurity

anyone, at any height, can find a suitable mate that will love them. no one fucking cares about height you fucking reject.

here's what they really care about
-self esteem
-honesty
-intelligence
-respect, both for oneself and for others
-drive and initiative
-sense of humor

if you're a light hearted dude that isn't afraid to speak your mind (and can back up what you say) then you can have your pick of the world's women
>>
File: 1290375368625.jpg (80KB, 331x319px) Image search: [Google]
1290375368625.jpg
80KB, 331x319px
Got a story about my brother who is a huge /fit/fag.
>Starts lifting.
>Says "it's not for girls!" over and over, even though it is.
>Constantly has to talk about when a girl says "I like muscles" to him (and then never fucks him)
>His girlfriends are always disgusting or landwhales or both.
>Gets drunk one night and tells me a story:
>Talks to some slut off Omegle or something.
>H-h-hey baby girl do you like muscles.
>She's like sure whatever.
>Sends her a picture of some dude he went to high school with for a joke.
>This dude is the definition of HUNGRY SKELETON.
>The girl goes OH MY FUCKING GOD
>HE IS
>SO FUCKING HOT
>Brother spergs for years.
>All those gains for nothing.
>Still gets beat by hungry skelly.
>>
>>38908504
>be a hero to my son
Ok, so you're not a virgin. Good for you.

But for most men, building muscles isn't attractive without a nice face and tall height.

No need to shit on guys who can plainly see lifting is a waste of time due to their shit genetics
>>
File: 1499573449992.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1499573449992.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>38908701
I'm a manlet myself and I'm pointing out the futility of lifting if you're not tall

pic related, a guy with the opposite traits of your list and gets more female adoration than anyone on this board has ever got.
>>
>>38908738
That's another kettle of fish but yea.

I mean if you're going in to be attractive/attract the opposite sex then yea; if you're not rocking 5'10+ with at least a 5/10 face then you're just gonna look like your compensating.

Not trying to shit on others, just defending that lifting carries more to it than just gains for aesthetics. Hell, if you ever want to have an amazing high; intense workout+black coffee+cigarette. That mixture of caffeine, dopamine and nicotine is seriously something.
>>
>>38908760

>women can be just as shallow as men
more at 11

what is this supposed to prove that all women are exactly the same, and not a single one of them might consider a person's integrity before anything else

more like you're just cherrypicking examples from the millions of available partners for the sake of your own insecurities
>>
>>38908673
Health is mostly based on what you consume, there is no guarantee that you will love longer and it wont matter much once you are over 80.
Heavy lifting can actually destroy your body.

>>38908690
Women cant tell that you lift. You are being delusional.
>>
>>38908792
>Hell, if you ever want to have an amazing high; intense workout+black coffee+cigarette. That mixture of caffeine, dopamine and nicotine is seriously something.

A woman desiring you and having sex with you is infinitely better.

Fuck off normalscum.
>>
>>38908557
You have a face don't you, anon?
>>
>>38908842
WEWWEWEWEWWWE RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT!

A lot of people do not get fat in their face easily. Unless if you are dropping a lot of weight your face will look exactly the same.
>>
>>38908878
Let me guess, you laid off the chips and did some bicep curls for a couple weeks and gave up when you didn't lose the jowls?
>>
>>38908813
Of course not, they just see an attractive guy they don't care how he got that body. Doesn't mean they don't find it attractive. What am I being delusional about?
>>38908836
I'll give you that, it's an amazing feeling to see the look of desire and arousal on a woman's face directed at you. Still, my combo is up there too
>>38908878
See >>38908911
This entire thread reeks of piss poor excuses.
>>
>>38908911
Nope. I am very tall and during attum and winter i quit exercising.

While wearing sweaters and other cold weather clothing people still thought that i was buff even though my belly and chest were soft as were my arms.

I also gained 20 pounds which at my height did not show at all until near the end of a warm spring when i decided to lose weight again.

I now weight 20lbs less than during winter and my face looks exactly the same as it did back then, only my belly and chest have gotten smaller
>>
>>38909027
Stop lying to yourself and get back to the gym
>>
>>38909008
You are literally triggered because your work cannot be seen without you showing your skin or wearing skin tight clothes.

No one knows that you are buff during winter. No woman will look at you wearing a jacket and think "damn his biceps"
>>
>>38909101
Just admit it. Here is Arnold in a suit. No one has any idea how buff he really is under those clothes.
>>
File: 1468478025989.png (394KB, 553x442px) Image search: [Google]
1468478025989.png
394KB, 553x442px
>>38907826
>unironically being a manlet
>>
Just do bodyweight workouts in your own home you lazy sack
>>
Mike Tyson in a suit
>>
>>38909107
>what are shoulders
>what are broad backs
>what are big thighs
Hell, Its winter here and I wear hoodies and still get mires. It's very obvious when someone lifts/exercises seriously despite clothing. Hell, I look buff as fuck in my Gi. You're triggered because it's "oh so hard, 2hard4wittleme" and hate that others enjoy it. You're no better than a SJW
>>
>>38907435
I spent all summer doing a body building and gained 25 pounds of muscle. The only other person I saw was my workout buddy. I went to a birthday party last week with a lot of friends from high school and all of them said "wow anon you got bigger" then I knew I wasn't wasting time
>>
>>38909191
>>38909137
Give em a firm handshake and look em in the eyes.
>>
>>38909137
>>38909191
>girl see you naked
>her vagina is like the sahara desert

Yeah lanky/fat boy, keep thinking your body doesn't affect you
>>
>>38909158
how the fuck do you ironically be a manlet?
>>
>>38909221
Your shoulder size does not magically increase by lifting.

You either have wide shoulder or you dont. Another thing is having a bad posture from sitting on your ass all day but that can be fixed without gymceling.

You faggot women are not looking at you and you are not getting laid
>>
>>38909345
You build muscles around your shoulders, giving them definition and size.

True, but it can be impacted. See above. Bad posture is fixed through multiple ways, you don't need a gym for that.

They are and I do. Been about a week and a bit since I was last laid, but it happens. About 50ish times a year, but that's really all I need.
>>
>>38909345
>Your shoulder size does not magically increase by lifting
Yes it does.
>>
>>38907505
How did that work out for you? pics? Ever get a gf/lose virginity out of it?
>>
>>38909336
cut your legs down to the knee
>>
>>38909345
Your shoulders do increase in size. They're called deltoids and traps you fucking tard.
>>
Ignore lifting, do actual exercise in the form of running, biking and other forms of cardiovascular exercise or calisthenics.

And then, once you're actually healthy, you can give a try the noble 'sport' of autismweights.

Realize the reason why weightlifting is so "popular" is because other forms of sport don't require as much planning and discussion. Just because /fit/ doesn't talk much of anything other than lifting and health it doesn't mean that it's the only thing worth it, it just means it's the most needlessly complicated and autistic of all them.

Also being a virg and having big muscles at the same time screams of overcompensation. If that's your case you'd embarrass yourself.
>>
Nope can't tell AT ALL that this dude is huge. Better go back to being a faggot that doesn't lift because I was really just looking for an excuse.
>>
File: IMG_0373.png (661KB, 717x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373.png
661KB, 717x474px
>>38907656
>1 month
>45-90
>>
start lifting anon it will make you more confident about yourself give some meaning to your life and girls will notice never the less even if you total beta ass faggot has helped me improve my quality of life
>>
>>38907656
> 45 lbs
And you consider yourself a man. Christ even at 90 lbs.
In the wild you would be quickly killed.
>>
>>38908463
> 5 correct push ups!!!1!1!
You are not fit to breed. Or even to masturbate.
>>
>>38908463
best amount of correct pushups I can do is like 20 in a row without having a break

am I normal?
>>
>>38907435
if you even have to ask this question, the answer is probably not
>>
>>38907656
LoL 45 to 90

you are still weak like a woman.

Im a lazy NEET like the most here but even I can handle 125
>>
>>38907435
Why you fail at lifting is why you fail at life.
You will always be too tired (to do what you want)
You will always be too busy
Your friends will always need something
It will always be too hot, or too cold
You'll always be distracted, making excuses
Why you fail at lifting is why you fail at life
>>
The problem with lifting is that even though most of you love it, for some people it won't be enjoyable at all. That's why they give up, because it's a chore for them.
They keep reading what you write, that it will be great, it will feel great, it's so easy etc. but when they get to it, they hate it, can't do the exercises correctly, can't do the required reps/sets even after lifting for quite some time already and so on.
They see that it's hard for them, they don't enjoy it at all, and they start thinking what is wrong with them, it was supposed to be enjoyable, "muh endorphins" and all, and then they give up.
Instead of encouraging them to endure, all these fitfags start laughing at them, telling them to stay fat, eat shit and just fuck off. It seems that fitizens can't understand that things that are enjoyable to them, may be a tedious chore for others, and they mock other people for it.
Every time a newbie asks for a lifting advice, you should tell him realistically that he may not like it and he may get frustrated, instead of painting a bright future ahead of him, "you will enjoy it bro", "it's fun bro".
>>
>>38911291
cont.
These>>38911289
>>38911288
>>38911170
>>38911119
guys are the perfect example. They don't understand that some people won't get fit overnight, that it will make time for them to get strong and buff, but these people are making progress, are actively trying to improve themselves. And what do they get from fitfags? They get mocked, they get laughed at, they get discouraged. Lifting is actually a toxic community, instead of trying to help new guys, fitfags tell basically tell them to "just lift bro" and then continue to laugh at them for not being strong enough.
You fitfags are on the same level as all these stacies at gym, mocking and making pictures of fat guys trying to sort their life out.
>>
>>38907826
holy shit im on the left
>>
>>38907826
>his chin and jaw even improved
oh my god is this real
>>
>>38907826
How long did that take to get gainz like that?
>>
>>38909729
Funny because Arnold is saggy in this picture but looks buff because of his good genes and wide shoulders.
>>
>>38907435
>>countless hours preparing healthy high calorie meals
>3 scoops some milk and press the button on the blender twice a day
>Countless hours.
>>
>>38911381
>but these people are making progress, are actively trying to improve themselves.

Lel. If people spent as much time and effort as they do in gym on something else like a good hobby they could be making a good amount of money from it.

Say that instead of lifting weights like a faggot to impress other faggots you get into gunsmithing or bladesmithing.

After years of doing it several hours a week you develop such skills that you make custom firearms, knives, swords that sell for 2000$ each
>>
>>38911732
I'm not promoting lifting myself, on the contrary, I'm accusing the fittards of being a toxic community, mocking people for trying to do something good for once.
I said that people are trying to improve themselves in terms of health and weight.
Although, there's a very small chance that some of the non-fit people will have enough endurance that they'll make a living out of working out by being a bodybuilder or a model (despite the shitty community calling them as weak as a woman >>38911288
or being not fit enough to breed >>38911170
).
>>
File: 1501719870197.jpg (72KB, 1534x803px) Image search: [Google]
1501719870197.jpg
72KB, 1534x803px
I'd rather be slim, than be some beefcake faggot
>>
>>38912067
mmmmmmm yummy more
originalo
>>
>>38908460
This. Fucking this. There are two parts to this
>>
File: das.jpg (36KB, 604x513px) Image search: [Google]
das.jpg
36KB, 604x513px
>>38912067
i dont want to be a skele no more though
>>
>>38907826
OP here, IM FUCKING SIX FOOT ONE I DONT MAKE GAINS UNLESS I EAT 4K CALORIES DONT BE AN ASSHOLE I CANT HELP IM NOT A 5'6 SPIC REEEEE
>>
>>38911289
Lol kill yourself gymcel. Lifting is not the end all in life you judgemental asshat. Maybe if you work 50 hours a week at a physical job you cant reasonably fit lifting+sleep+4500 calories (yes thats what it makes for ne to gain any weight thanks skinny genetics)
>>
>>38909137
You can still make our mass, general body shape and most importantly posture.
>>
>>38913320
>skinny genetics
Just like the fat gene right? :^)
>>
>>38913132
Hi OP this is me at 6'0, it also made my face look more aesthetic. I started with really wide looking hips
>>
>>38913396
>no brainz detected
I didnt say i cant. I say i cant UNLESS i eat 4500 calories due to height, physical activity, and naturally thin body.
>>
>>38913434
forgot pic. timespan was around a year btw
>>
File: 20170807_105308-1.jpg (144KB, 934x883px) Image search: [Google]
20170807_105308-1.jpg
144KB, 934x883px
OP Here, so this is what im working with
>>
>>38908603
>gym device lever
>implying you brag about the weight you use on machines
"hey bitch, I load 100lbs on the abdominal crunch machine"
>>
>>38912952
I orginally feel you my friend. I've been a skelly since birth.
>>
File: IMG_4014.jpg (1MB, 3496x1638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4014.jpg
1MB, 3496x1638px
>>38913465
Sure thing Mr Skeleton. I'll let you get back to your "4.5kcal", we wouldn't want your metabolism to start burning vital organs now would we? :^)
>>
>>38907435
It's pretty good desu. Think of it as an grinding quest in a mmorpg. go do 8x3 biceps curl. reward = less depression and general good feel over that you're doing something productive.

Gone up 20 kg the last 5 years from starving skeleton.
>>
>>38913609
Except i use the online calculator counter. Also i cant eat cheese or eggs for health reasons (no im not asian, /pol/tards). Again, just bullshit memes ans insults
>>
>>38913746
>memes and insults
Exactly because that's all you're offering so I'm just returning the favour.

I don't care what you do, I'll be over here 6'2" 88kg 12% doing my own thing, I know gym works and you would too if you bothered to try it.
>no cheese or eggs
Hi Ching Chong. But seriously; milk, meat, potatos, grains, the list goes on.
>>
>>38913810
No dairy at all dude. And im an american with irish/polish/italian/anglo genes
>>
File: Brian-Reagn-3.jpg (125KB, 580x384px) Image search: [Google]
Brian-Reagn-3.jpg
125KB, 580x384px
>>38909939
>>38911119
>>38911288

Guys, I acknowleged right up front that it's baby weight. I'm a mid 30s software dev who hasn't done a sport in 20 years. I have noodle arms and I decided to change that. A month ago I had trouble doing 3x12 with the bar. Now it's nothing. I hope to add 100 pounds in the next 5 months.

I don't know if you assumed that making fun of a bench weight I already agree is low would somehow shatter my psyche, but on the contrary, you simple reinforced my confidence that building a home gym instead of getting a membership somewhere was the right choice.
>>
>>38913873
Whelp, RIP. Still, potatos are in your blood so you have those, grains, meat, rice milk, there's a heap of things you could eat to gain weight with. Also, what the hell do you do that requires 4.5kcals?
>>
>>38914017
When you bench, make sure you either have someone spotting you or do it in the power rack with the safety bars at the sides. Learned that the hard way. Didn't get injured but MUH EGO.
>>
>>38914127
Good advice! I bought a half rack so I could do squats, bench, and pullup safely.
>>
>>38914127
Or don't use clips and learn to bail safely. I've got a powerrack but I've never had to use the safeties.
>>
It's sad seeing so many robots too lost to even consider just working out just a little every day.
>>
>>38907435
The hardest part is the eating. The gold standard in beginner weight-lifting, Starting Strength, has you exercising 30-45 minutes 3 days a week. If you need to gain or lose significant weight your body will protest every step of the way like you're violently murdering it until it gets used to the new amount of calories though.
>>
File: warcraft transformation.jpg (132KB, 800x932px) Image search: [Google]
warcraft transformation.jpg
132KB, 800x932px
>>38909565
classic warcraft chad
>>
>>38913609
someone tell me all the food in the top part of the pic pls ty
>>
>>38914503
Left to right
>Fried eggs, fried chorizo, tatter tots/hashbrowns with onion.
>some type of cake with icing; banana cake?
>fried chicken, rice and steak
>assorted cheesecake
>penne past with sauce
>>
>>38914503
>>38914591
Oh and there's pasta/potato salad hiding behind the rice
>>
>>38907435
>2 hours a day
30 minutes a day gets results, I choose to do 90 minutes because I have no life and love getting swole.
>hours preparing meals
You don't have to cook anyway? wtf? Retardation.
>take longer eating
Fucking lmao hwhat?! Seriously, wtf are you even talking aboot?
>have to sleep more
Fucking lmao. You left out the increased amount of oxygen you'll have to breathe, man......
>>
File: Ascension.jpg (274KB, 773x425px) Image search: [Google]
Ascension.jpg
274KB, 773x425px
>>38907975
>obese permavirgin desperately tries to get the guy angry because he's jealous of him

Pathetic dispray desu t b h to be honest.
>>
>>38908032
>calisthenics

Fucking lmao, work out like a man you fucking faglet.

>muh calisthenics

I always picture skinny ectomorphic anime characters when I hear that word.
>>
File: Annie2.jpg (37KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
Annie2.jpg
37KB, 500x650px
>>38908173
>g-g-guys, stop l-eaving me behind by improving yourselves, p-please stop getting /fit/

Laughably pathetic.
>>
File: Amused Disappointment.png (491KB, 476x492px) Image search: [Google]
Amused Disappointment.png
491KB, 476x492px
>>38911289
You nailed it.

It's because they're caught in a depression trap, and they lack the requisite force of will to pull themselves out of it, they need a stronger man than themselves to drag them along; lacking that, they devolve into a miserable pile of fat and skin that advocates against self-improvement because (((reasons))) on the Chan of Fours.

They're estrogenated, feminized boys that are too pathetic to help themselves. I enjoy mocking them in this fashion.
>>
>>38907435
Been lifting for 3 years here and it didn't do shit to help me get girls. I got laid more when I was a DYEL teenager than a fit older guy (this is due to my hairloss though, I'm just pointing out that fitness didn't help me).

>>38907478
It won't do shit. Chad barely lifts.
>>
>>38907435
No, if you're a robot/outcast then it's a waste of time.
>>
File: Cat Not Having It.jpg (57KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Cat Not Having It.jpg
57KB, 500x333px
>>38911732
>it's impossible to lift AND have a side-business/hobby

God, you losers are so miserably pathetic and can't-do it's sad.

-he probably considers himself to be a conservative/fascist despite his pathetic womanly lefty "i can't do thaaaaaat" personal philosophy
>>
File: 1408424835696.jpg (27KB, 351x325px) Image search: [Google]
1408424835696.jpg
27KB, 351x325px
>lift for 6 months 3 days a week
>only skip like 2 days in all that time
>eat a lot of meats, cut down sugars and fats, buy the expensive protein powder, roughly estimate calories
>lifts are shit and I look like shit, barely get to half of 1/2/3/4
>have to stop because college
>haven't gone back in a month

Why is this so hard and slow.
I just want to look like the pretty boys in the magazines.
>>
>>38907435
Ex /fit/ here. Was pretty buff and if you saw a pic of me shirtless without face you'd have called me Chad

PROS
Self esteem and confidence will skyrocket, but it takes a good while. 6 months to a year to see real gains and start feeling good about your body, assuming you're not fat. Longer if you're fat. I would honestly claim that the confidence boost from getting hot but still no gf is more than the boost from staying normal and getting a gf.
You'll feel better in general, because you'll have a goal, a routine, and see measurable progress. You may also fix any existing back pain.
You will sleep better because your body is tired, not just your mind.
You can send shirtless Snapchats to girls and they will usually respond positively, in lieu of learning how to flirt

CONS / MISCONCEPTIONS
Women will still not approach you unless you've been lifting consistently for like 5 years, and even then you need a decent face
Most women won't care how big your muscles are at all, they just care about the confidence that you'll get from having them
Dieting correctly for maximum efficiency is unpleasant and, if you're thin, expensive. Skeletons will need to basically be full the entire day. Not just satiated, but constantly full.
The gym culture can be annoying and alien, especially as a novice or robot
>>
Eating more is the only part that bothers me. I just can't do it.
>>
>>38911289
The world isnt this black and white, you fucking edgelord. Imagine thinking like this
>>
>>38914279
Its not always feasible. Youre assuming we are all NEETs that can spend 3 hours a day doing gym stuff but some of us are full time students that work
>>
>biggest lifting population on 4chan besides the literal lifting board resides on the biggest loser board on the site
that sure inspires a lot of confidence
>>
>>38914629
Its 2-3 hours if you included commute, warmup, shower etc. Dont kid yourself
>>
>>38909137
>>38909191
You're forgetting that fit men can and should tailor their wardrobe toward revealing gains. No sole man wears a loose sweater, they wear a tight one. Suits are the only type of clothing it's hard to show gains in. Anything else you just wear a hugging version and you look 10x better.
>>
>>38915394
This is just the only place they can come to brag. They're still failures compared to normies. Lanklet normies and even fatty normies still get more pussy than anyone who lifts but still even considers posting here.
>>
>>38915217
Why do you think you can get to 1234 in 6 months? That shit takes at least a year. At least.
>>
>>38915390

Most of people who go on /r9k/ are neets
>>
>>38915528
Hell 1plate OHP is the one that'll take the longest.
>>
>>38911291

>be man
>get stronger
>want to get even stronger

How would you not enjoy that? Unless you are a low test numale beta cuck
>>
>>38907478
>meme
>meme
>meme
>M E M E
oh fucking wow
>>
>>38914397
>becomes whiter over time
You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>38907656
Post a pic of your body you nigger

>inb4 user was banned for this comment
>>
>>38907826
Bro, fuck the haters. You look awesome man
>>
>>38907435
>2 hours a day
It doesn't need to be that long if you can find a relatively close gym. Even a 45 minute lifting session 3-4x weekly is good for beginners.

>countless hours preparing healthy meals
Learning to cook well is a huge asset in life. And besides, you can always eat cheap roast chicken, salad greens, eggs, peanut butter, etc if you want to avoid long prep times. ez.
>take longer eating
Eat faster you slow ass faggot. Somehow I doubt you really have all that much else to compete for your time.
>sleep more
Feels nice you fucking retard
>>
>>38915841
>you
That's not even him you stupid fucks. That's a thumbnail for a YT video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiSZyhhvDnY

God you autists are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>38907826
Fuck, man, you are my goals. This is exactly the transformation I want to go through - improving my build without getting disproportionately muscular. Any tips? I am just afraid that if I go for weights my biceps will bulge in random places or my abs will be asymmetrical. Is this achievable with calisthenics only?
>>
>>38908463
>can finally suck my girl tits
Boggles the mind. Is that an euphemism? Otherwise how does one need exercise to suck on tits?
>>
>>38915978
>you are my goals
thats not him >>38915908
>>
>>38915755
Puerto ricans can look either way if they want to
>>
Nope. Most girls prefer skinny, effeminate guys these days, not walking muscles that think they're big shit because they have no life outside of the gym. You'll only get Stacey, who will leave you for a better Chad anyway.
>>
File: Ch0g96fWUAAHP6S.jpg (14KB, 600x587px)
Ch0g96fWUAAHP6S.jpg
14KB, 600x587px
>>38916074
What about black girls?

Ogij
>>
>>38916092
>What about black girls?
who gives a shit about those ugly apes?
>>
>>38916092
They want big, dangerous niggers that pack uzis.
>>
File: 1495712762962.png (482KB, 1737x967px) Image search: [Google]
1495712762962.png
482KB, 1737x967px
>>38915528
>>38915594
Problem is I plateaud despite eating like a gorilla. To be stuck on the same weights for what seems like forever while doing all you can is frustrating.

I think I got memed into doing a progressive overload low rep 3 day routine too. Shoulda just stuck to a brosplit.
>>
>>38916133
Shit taste. Black women are beautiful
>dat hair
>that ass and titties
>that chocolate skin
>big juicy lips, feels good to kiss
More for me i guess
>>
>>38916312
>dat hair
It's like black sheep fur
>that ass and titties
Tits are fine regardless of race, however black girls' asses look almost always disgusting.
>that chocolate skin
Black vagina and black asshole is disgusting.
>big juicy lips, feels good to kiss
Only if that's your fetish.
>More for me i guess
Sure, race mixing faggot.
>>
>>38914591
>>38914609
ty anon that all sounds delicious
>and expensive
fried shit isnt healthy tho?
>>
>>38916369
I like black vagina desu. Also black t&a is always bigger than on other women
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.