[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decided to try self improvement last year >went from skeleton

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: cyborg.png (131KB, 936x588px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg.png
131KB, 936x588px
>decided to try self improvement last year
>went from skeleton (115 lbs, 5'9") to decently fit (140 lbs, able to bench my own weight, visible abs), also grew an inch in height somehow
>begged and pleaded until I got a job that I could work while staying in college
>went through a grueling six months of accutane
>started shaving twice a week and getting a haircut monthly
>spent some cash on clothes that fit properly and weren't from goodwill
>built up my self confidence to the point that I can talk loudly and hold eye contact
>forced myself to talk to people and got into a group that has parties regularly
And yet, still no gf. Is self improvement just a meme? I have at least gone on a few dates now, but girls always stop replying when I ask them out to a second date. Am I still missing something or am I simply damned to being alone? I don't even know if I want to keep up this charade anymore. If I'm going to be alone I may as well go back to eating one meal a day and sitting at my computer during all of my free time.
>>
Do you like spending time with these people anon?
>>
If self-improvement is making you happy, then it's not really an improvement. Invest your time in what actually matters to you. For most people, this is themselves, but maybe for you it's different.

FYI you will probably get a gf if you continue living like a normie. Fake it til you make it, and all that.
>>
>>38907173
accept that a gf won't turn on the happiness switch, or make your life any more meaningful or complete. Improve for your own self, and not as if you're working on a property for some other person to move into.

And for being able to secure first dates, you've shown more progress than most of this board.
>>
>>38907173
>Put in a minimal effort
>Still no free sex
1 year isn't a long time anon, you are on the right track but don't rest on your admittedly very basic achievements and don't fall into a depression because no girl is jumping all over you as a reward for working out and dressing yourself. Keep going and learn to relax as well, people are probably picking up on the fact that you're not living in the moment and if you feel like your might flake out and become a giblet after one year of 'no gf' then its no surprise. Stop treating a gf like a reward and you might get one
>>
>>38907173
Just keep going man. Self-improvement is step one, dating is step two, now you just need to keep trying
>>
>>38907291
I like one of them, the dude that introduced me to his group (basically his college's tennis team). We go on bike rides a lot and talk about everything. Other than that, I really don't like other people, they're loud and easily weirded out and don't want to hang out in groups under four (which is about as many people I like to be around at most).

>>38907292
If I was investing in myself, for myself, I'd go back to playing TF2 nearly 12 hours a day. I've always dreamed of going to a LAN, and I was on a gold team, but then people stopped going online and we disbanded and it was around that time I decided to try focusing on IRL stuff. To tell the truth, I had sort of hoped I could meet people and eventually convince them to play with me and get good (figured a team of people I knew IRL would be easier to manage), but after meeting people in person I've realized no one wants to play vidya hard. Some joined me for a few games but it seems like everyone nowadays prefer drinking and going out.

>>38907321
I know getting a gf wouldn't make my life perfect but I had hoped I could at least know what it's like.
As for getting first dates, I've realized that really isn't hard. If I see a girl I like in a class I can get them to go out with me but they always have radio silence afterwards. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, they seem like they're having a good time and we talk a lot during the date and I even kiss some of them.

>>38907390
Thanks for the encouragement, I'll keep going for now but damn am I getting tired.
>>
>>38907501
>nowadays everybody prefers drinking and going out
>nowadays
Drinking and going out have existed for literal millennia more than video games. Jesus fuck
>>
File: ą.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ą.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>38907501
>everyone nowadays prefer drinking and going out.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU STUPID
>>
>>38907707
You're right, I was just thinking back to my childhood. Used to go to friends' houses and play vidya for hours, man that was fun. What I wouldn't give to spend a day playing star wars battlefront with a couple of bros again.
>>
>>38907852
Do you get no enjoyment from going out? do you like to dance?
>>
>>38907870
Eh, I just don't like big groups. And I can drink and get drunk but that's not really much fun to me. It just feels like going through the motions. I don't really like dancing except for swing dancing, but I haven't done that since high school and it doesn't suit the stuff we go to, and people don't really dance at the parties we have anyways. Tried going with my friend's group to a club once but it was bad, I was completely out of my element and I ended up leaving early. Hate having large groups of people moshing together.
>>
Redpill urself as a part of your selfimprovement
>>
>>38907173
>also grew an inch in height somehow
Anyone else feel like this is a made up story after this detail?
>>
>>38908046
I'm only 21. I clocked in at 5'10" at my last physical, my previous one was 5'9" and that was when I was 18.
>>
>>38907981
Well at least try to hang out with your one bro
>>
>>38907173
>And yet, still no gf.

Why not improve yourself just to improve yourself?

Who cares about girls
>>
>>38908046
I could see additional muscle mass increasing someone's height slightly.

>>38908121
You may have actually just kept growing. Don't think you stop until ~25.
>>
File: IMG_1292.jpg (112KB, 640x1027px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1292.jpg
112KB, 640x1027px
Here's the last text I sent to a girl, felt like sharing. She was a qt latina and it had seemed like we had chemistry but I guess I was mistaken.

>>38908570
I guess I don't see this stuff as the kind of improvement I care much about. I don't care about social ladders, just want a few close friends. Conversely, I have an inner desire for a gf that I can't rationalize.

>>38908461
Yeah man, I am.
>>
>>38908708
no answer?
>>
>>38907173
You think that that's all it takes?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
just kys my man youre not cut out for this
>>
>>38908724
Yeah, no reply.

>>38908740
Please do tell what I'm missing then.
>>
>>38908708
you should just have cut the part were you agree with her she was bad at something. worse thing to do. you broke her pink cloud.
>>
>>38908821
I thought it was just playful teasing (she had previously said she spoke spanish when she was a kid but had since forgotten it), but regardless I bet she still wouldn't have replied even if I omitted the jest.
>>
>>38908929
bad stacies, find someone good
>>
>>38907173
Dating is the real meme. These days, everyone wants a no strings relationship. Aka friends that bang and hang out every so often. Actually dating is seen as old fashioned and weird. Your problem is asking for a date. Just hang out with chicks and get laid. Stop worrying about having a gf. Just be happy with yourself and stop needing to feel validation from having a gf lol. That's the real meme.
>>
>>38909003
tried that, they still go with chad they selected on tinder every 2-3 days.
>>
>>38909003
>Just hang out with chicks and get laid
What, invite multiple chicks somewhere at the same time? It's not like girls are lining up to get me, I still have to initiate almost all interactions I have with girls.

And I'm not looking for validation (or even a quick bang), I just want someone to spend time with, share things I enjoy with them. I get lonely sometimes but my friend is at his gf's place most of the time.
>>
>>38908821
he actually did good
bitches expect you not to agree with everything they do
>>
Just learn how to charm a woman. It's not that hard. You have to improve your mental too, not just your body and confidence
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.