[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here get NEET envy? I don't think I want to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1498352036703.jpg (50KB, 634x355px) Image search: [Google]
1498352036703.jpg
50KB, 634x355px
Anyone else here get NEET envy? I don't think I want to be a NEET for years without end, but I look at my wagecuck job and just wish I could do nothing for a while
>>
>>38891183
I get wagecuck envy on a very regular basis. Wishing you could "nothing for a while" is something I guess I can understand but that's what vacation time is for. There is nothing good nor fulfilling about neetdom.
>>
>>38891220
>There is nothing good nor fulfilling about neetdom.
There's nothing fulfilling about work either.
>>
>>38891274
I guess that would depend entirely on the kind of work you do.
>>
Working full time is hell, and having nothing to do is a slightly more comfortable hell.
Ideally a human being would just work part time, 20 hours a week or so but the system has decreed that you should not be able to support yourself with the meager income you'd make doing that.
>>
>>38891412
I agree with this poster, part-time jobs are probably best. But, you could make it work if you had some investments to close the gap or do something to reduce the expenses enough so part-time work could be ok. Like room mate situations, etc.

I'm trying to do this myself. NEETdom without end would be really bad, but I'm hoping for a couple of years at least. In that time, I'm hoping to get a small biz going so I can get more income. The world is going toward freelance work anyway, the full time job is going away, so I might as well get on the new stuff.
>>
>>38891183
I've found a middle ground. Somewhat.
I play a fancy musical instrument. I work for contracts often, but I mostly busk.
Playing on the street in nicer cities helps you get contracts down the line.
Basically I earn around 200 bucks a day just busking. I do this for 6 months. I save up to around 25k+ after all my expenses (food, hotel, etc)
After that I go to a country where the money is worth more due to exchange, and live like a king for 6 months.

You do have to work harder than a wagecuck for 6 months (and be disciplined with your savings), but can live like a NEET king for the next 6.
Whenever you get tired of one life, you have the other one coming right up. It works just fine.
>>
100 years ago, futurists claimed that we'd only be working 5-10 hours a week by now.
the future sucks.
>>
>>38891412
literally teach english and move to a low col asian country (NOT japan)

You can support an upper middle class lifestyle working 20 hours a week
>>
>>38891183
Im getting surgery at the end of the month and I'll be a NEET for at least a whole month.
I'm so excited
>>
>>38891183
Absolutely not, and this is coming from a former NEET for several years. It's not as fun as you think it would be.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.