[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 18 >still feel like a child >everyone expects me

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1499369455755.jpg (99KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
1499369455755.jpg
99KB, 634x634px
>be 18
>still feel like a child
>everyone expects me to be looking for a job, going to uni, doing internships

I just can't be fucking bothered to be honest
>>
>>38870240
>>be 18
>>still feel like a child
that's because you are

>>everyone expects me to be looking for a job, going to uni, doing internships
awww poor baby who's held to the same expectations as everyone else
>>
File: 1501944103604.png (71KB, 645x729px) Image search: [Google]
1501944103604.png
71KB, 645x729px
>>38870240
>evwryone expects you to be looking for a job
>only way to get a job is to have 2+ years of experience and a doctorate in neurology
>>
>>38870260
>I just can't be fucking bothered to be honest
haha what
>>
>>38870260
Give me one good reason to do any of that tedious bollocks anon.
>>
>>38870284
you don't have to if you don't want to, you'll just have to deal with the consequences. that's the whole point of being an adult. dumb thread
>>
>>38870288
But an 18 year old is a child

Why should my actions as a child set the path for the rest of my life

seems a bit dumb lol
>>
>>38870240
>be 25
>nobody cares what i do because they've long given up on me because i'm a dumb retard

have fun kid
>>
>>38870299
your actions always have and always will set the path for the rest of your life, that's what life is

but being 18, you have more time than any other type of adult to steer your course, so what are you complaining about?
>>
>>38870240
Aw feel like staying in bed and watching anime all day?

Seriously just go to community college and get a part time job. There. Saved you 2 years
>>
>>38870299
>I wish someone would take control and steer the most important formative years of my life for me
This is what is wrong with the world. You're going to herald in an age of FEMA camps and welfare nannying because you can't even figure out how to live your life because it's gotten too easy
>>
>>38870324
Well I guess I'm just not very good at being an adult.

I still feel like a 12 year old and the idea of getting a job terrifies me.
>>38870336
Already working on the college thing, a bit nervous though
>>
>be 21
>failed out of college
>0 job experience
>literal sperg
just shoot me
>>
>>38870276
this is such a silly meme. Grocery stores will take literally anyone. Baseball fields will take literally anyone. A shitload of jobs DO NOT CARE about your level of experience or make it VERY easy to lie on the application. I'm in school right now and literally making $26/hr after tax cuts with an entry level job. Maybe just try to find a job and you'll get one?

>>38870299
Whether you like it or not, that's how life is.
>>
>>38870463
How do you handle school + job?

I never understood how people could do that
>>
>>38870484
My grades have definitely suffered.

It only somewhat works out because of how weird my job is. I only work 20+ hours every other week and the pay is ridiculous so I've been able to get by that way. Even then though I just failed the first half of a Physical Chemistry cram course so I had to tell my boss I need the next month off to do well in the second half. Fucking 3 months of 400-level chem crammed into 1 month really makes you want to kill yourself.
>>
>>38870595
This is pretty much why I just want to off myself

Living like that sounds like a fucking mess, but it's the only way to get ahead in life

What do you think I should do?
>>
>>38870635
>This writing style
Oh you're OP. I recommend not going to school for a year. Work full time instead so you can have some time to really think about your future while saving money and indulging in things you enjoy on the side.

After that year go to Community College for 2 years instead of a big University. Much cheaper and you'll be fulfilling the exact same general credits you'd need anywhere. Community Colleges also often provide a substantial amount of financial aid as well as high-paying, 0-effort jobs for low income students. A friend of mine was a receptionist for the tutoring center and would constantly dick around on instagram or just do her homework there, so the work+school problem was non-existent for her.

Then go to University of course and you'll have the hang of how things work from there. Or maybe you wont even want to go to a 4-year program after your year of chilling, I know plenty of people who immediately out of high school went to barber/massage school for 6 months then instantly started working in their field. And that's fine too. Take it from a STEM-cuck who regrets it all, focus more on your own happiness and independence than what others perceive as "success".
>>
An 18 year old thinking that since he's technically an adult, he is already a grown ass man, yet doesn't do the things that actual grown ups do. Acts jaded and that is his reasoning. Okay then....
>>
>>38870299
You may be unmotivated but you're a minority.

Most kids your age have plans and they are already succeeding in them. I was like you and didn't give a shit. Now I'm actually motivated because I've seen over the edge of the cliff what happens if I kept it doing myself.

I'm 20, I'm working min wage and I have a supervisor who is 18, he's in charge of me all because he started working at 16 and just had the energy to push ahead and learn everything. And he isn't a nerd that just studies the rules he's an actual Chad.

You may be unmotivated but understand that there are kids who are 6 years ahead of you and every second you waste adds another year. Soon you'll be 55 and working retirement and realizing you won't have enough simply because you waited too long.
>>
>>38871103
tfw will NEVER work so i don't know these problems. must suck, anon.
>>
>a job terrifies me
I hear this so often.
It's not bad once you get the handle of it. It's hard at first but then you fucking get better. Stop being afraid of change. It isn't like you will always be in high school living at home and shitposting about girls that didn't say hello to you on Facebook. Reality is way harsher than you can possibly imagine.
>>
>>38871141
Give me your reason as to why you think you won't work.

living on welfare doesn't entitle you to be left alone. The government checks up on you to see if you're able to work and if they deem you stable they cut you out.
Your parents will die
Your siblings won't want to baby sit you

What possible reason do you think makes you immune to doing work.
>>
File: Cc36kkvUYAATxRn.jpg (13KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
Cc36kkvUYAATxRn.jpg
13KB, 400x324px
>>38870240
>tfw happiest on my own
>>
>>38871202
Because I have a permanent disability pension. I don't live with my parents, I have no siblings.

That's why I'm immune to doing work friend.
>>
>>38870240
C'mon champ you can't give up! I sure didn't raise a quitter.
Just go walk in, give the manager a nice, firm handshake, and tell him you want the job.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.