[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Start hanging around older people >Realize they're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1501803794497.jpg (32KB, 342x260px) Image search: [Google]
1501803794497.jpg
32KB, 342x260px
>Start hanging around older people
>Realize they're the same shit as kids, but pressed into different forms by the world around them
>Feel a bit sick upon realizing this
>Fear that teenagers are as smart as they are as grown adults

Is this true?
Does Western society repress the true intellect of adolescents? I didn't get smarter from 18; I just learned to think.
>>
>>38857626
Partially. You do gain some experiences as you age that make you wiser as far as dealing with people. But otherwise there is no difference.
>>
>>38857626
I feel like I've gotten less smart as I grow older. Probably a defense mechanism from thinking about bad things.
>>
people like to say experience matters but it doesn't after a certain age
the older you get the easier it becomes to refold every new experience into your bias matrix feed
and, amusingly, reshape every past experience into your bias matrix complex as needed for cognitive dissonance reduction
just as a child feels like the world revolves around them
so does a geriatric make the world revolve around them
>>
File: 1499227786670.gif (40KB, 160x100px) Image search: [Google]
1499227786670.gif
40KB, 160x100px
I think it's more like when you become a young adult you gain the ability to become a greater person. it's up to you and your upbringing whether or not you actually grow up into a more complete human being.

however i just thought about this in 2 seconds and i dont really have any real conscious reasonings behind it.
>>
>>38857823
I suppose this is why I meet 30 year old people that expect me to behave in one manner, and it's so heavily grating to me when I've got such a thought foisted unto me.

They twist reality into a lie to make sense of it.

Someday I'll likely do the same.
>>
>>38857741
You've gotten smarter and more aware of others
>>
>>38857968
I believe this to be true.
I don't know how I would think if I didn't have my father's voice in my brain telling me of the machinations of others.

People are terribly complicated, and to think of yourself as smart is hubris and a departure from what is true. If 1 + 1 = 2, a human being is dangerous and scheming thoughts you won't conceive.
>>
The only people that get smarter than when they were teenager are people who have to think for their job/career. Most of the factorycucks, retailcucks, etc gradually get dumber because they havent read a book or done anyrhing mentally stimulating since high school.
>>
no
your brain is physically not done developing until age 25
your comprehension of things will change in ways you cannot yet imagine
>>
>>38858050
A part of me doubts the importance of brain development.

I've met bright 14 year old kids that completely destroy the average 18 year old in a game of thought, and after 18, it's really only further prefrontal development, (strategy, impulse-control, etc) not processing speed (intelligence).
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Most people do not read anything of substance or do anything mentally stimulating after high school. Unless someone is in a job that requires them to think like a technical, scientific, or office job they will just gradually get stupider with age. With that age will come arrogance which makes them even dumber. Like if you talk to a factory worker or retail worker in their 40s holy fuck are they retarded. That might just be America though.
>>
im sure all people are different.
I was never truly aware about most things until i around 20, like someone had just turned on a self recognition switch.
>>
>>38858211
Can you give me some examples?

I want to know if I've stricken what you've stricken
>>
>>38858050
This is completely untrue. Time speeds up and that's about it.
>>
It's partially youthful arrogance, which is necessary for the species to survive,and also that childhood never ends and only the toys change.
>>
>>38857626
Yes, this is true. They have slightly more experience but are basically the same as any other human.

I really hate it when older guys act superior to younger people just because "hurr I've been here longer". It's like they don't see them as people or that their problems aren't real. Like a pet or someshit.
>>
>>38858050
I'm literally the same as I was when I was 15 but with shorter hair and I have to shave every day.
>>
>>38858733
you're probably retarded
>>
>>38857626
>teenager has a 4.0GPA and gets into a great school
>40 year old works part time minimum wage and nurses a lifelong crack addiction

some people got it and some people dont. i lament that i am not the former.
>>
>>38857626
You are in luck anon.

Anyone born after 1990 should have developed an affinity for technology and an adaptability to change that's unheard of in other generations, since they had a VCR as kids and now have thumb drives with hundreds of movies on them, started with dial-up at home and now carry computers in their pockets. There is now very little our parents can teach us, no matter how many times they say "one day you'll wish you listened" we are already vastly more prepared for the modern world than they are and not a single boomer will be doing anything but complaining in a decade.

Everything has changed, from business jobs to investment to transportation. Even phone calls are becoming outdated. You kind of proxy-know everything if you have a smartphone, a mobile internet connection, and aren't starting out as dumb as a fucking brick (I.e. have a small amount of aptitude to learn new things/processes).

As long as you know how to grow and adapt to the constantly changing world, you can always make it.
>>
>>38859001
At the same time, I fear that he's not.
15 year olds are just hormonal as hell.

They can't think like an 18 year old can because of this. I remember being able to crush algebraic equations in 10 seconds when I was 14.

My father could run electrical wiring in houses when he was 11.

There was a 10 year old kid in the middle east that lead an entire squad of soldiers successfully and got assassinated because of it.

We live in a crazy world that babies children.

14 was considered an adult in Medieval Europe for a reason beyond "Oh, those crazy middle ages"
>>
>>38859430
>>38859001
I mean, I knew a 10 year old boy that knew how to change car-oil, etc. His 13 year old brother did it for 100$. There are grown adults that can't wrap their brain around it for some fucked-up reason.
>>
>>38859477
>>38859430
>>38859001
I distinctly recall having my future predicted by an 8-year-old boy when I was his friend. He told me "if you keep staying inside, all you're going to have is your computer", and I didn't listen.

I think this is why child soldiers exist. It's morally wrong, but they're soldiers because they're totally capable of being soldiers.
>>
>>38857626
People literally don't change after their 20s. You will come to realize this as you age

Most older folks are just overgrown children. Most older folks behave like children.
>>
File: 1495252113792.png (1MB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1495252113792.png
1MB, 1000x1414px
>>38860044
I am a 30 y/o manbaby wizard and I can confirm this.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.