[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I think I could become a normie but I have one major problem.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1457035412077.jpg (15KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
1457035412077.jpg
15KB, 322x322px
So I think I could become a normie but I have one major problem. I'm terrified to get a job because of the down time in between the actual work. The time where the normies just stand around talking to each other waiting for something to do. I've experienced it before and I fail every time. They always find out I'm weird because I can't banter, make small talk, joke around whatever you want to call it. They try to start it with me and my mind goes completely blank and all I can do is smile awkwardly and force out some boring brick wall of an answer. Is there anything I could read? Any tips? Please guys I really think this is the key for me.
>>
ask about them, then combo chain more questions about what they said and so on. works every time and normies will think youre a great listener. plus theyll do all the talking so you wont have to think for yourself. just avoid the landmines.
>>
>>38842622
I feel like this strategy isn't sustainable. I'm going to be working with these people every single day I'll either run out of questions by like day three or they'll get annoyed that I never contribute.
>>
>>38842582
I was the same way with stupid retail jobs
Currently I'm working as a CNA, it's a lot of manual labor and because of that I don't feel as autistic. When people talk to me I'm so worn out, being anxious and autistic takes a back seat and I'm able to communicate just fine. I think the exercise provides me with normie endorphins
Try a manual labor job and socializing will be the last of your worries, really.
>>
You could do what I do and just don't engage in smalltalk with co-workers

Don't do this unless you LIKE being a social pariah
>>
>>38842677
This is what I used to do and it makes me feel like absolute shit. Also my path requires me to get good references sadly
>>
>>38842582
I don't suffer from anxiety, but I know what you're talking about

They won't think your weird, they don't have the capacity to think like we do; they'll just think you're resevered and shy some might even see you as an asset to the workplace because you as a robot think differently.
its a hard pill to swallow, but your first impression is all that matters; the shit is like baggage, it'll never leave so make it count.
You'll get used to it tho. Just get on everyone's good side, you might even relate to them a bit and have favorites. I always treat my coworkers as mentors because I just started working two years ago and they've been doing it for 10yrs+, it's only natural to give them respect.
>>
>>38842750
Also, do a good job in the workplace
No one respects a lazy piece of shit, especially a weird lazy piece of shit
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.