[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it even when I try to change for the better I feel nothing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: flcl smoke.gif (170KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
flcl smoke.gif
170KB, 640x480px
Why is it even when I try to change for the better I feel nothing? I quit smoking from a pack a day to nothing for the past month. Yet the only difference I feel is that I've been robbed of one of the only things I actually enjoy.

Life just keeps spinning
>>
>>38833588
Thats how addiction works. Re-learning how to not instantly gratify yourself. Takes a lot of work, nicotine is a pretty addictive substance.
>>
File: flcl never know bestgif.gif (260KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
flcl never know bestgif.gif
260KB, 500x281px
>>38833633
I don't even feel worse, its just the exact same as normal. Only now I have one less thing I enjoy. It feels the same as doing something like quiting watching movies.
>>
>>38833758
Smoking a pack a day is not out of enjoyment. I smoke a pack a day and I do like smoking but its not enjoyable. It costs a shitload of money and fucks up your lungs, you cant taste or smell as well and you smell like shit.

Nicotine is a relatively easy withdrawal and its minor on scales to what it could be, but would you be able to smoke just one and put it back down?
>>
>>38833588
Give it a little bit longer. What I've noticed is that I sleep a lot better, I breathe a lot easier, sex has gotten better, and when I go running, I don't feel like I've just been flagellated by Caesar's Legion.
>>
>>38833890
You know I can smoke just one if the fucking stores would let me buy just a single one. Having a pack of smokes lying in the house is like having a pack of cookies sitting in front a fatass. Fuck the canadian government saying stores can't sell single smokes.

I had smoking at 6 a day for many years, that was the best. Your right that when its 20 smokes a day its less enjoyable. Once you break your limit though the number just increases every day.

I was just hoping I would feel some sort of satisfaction or something from quitting. Like I was getting a hold of life better.
>>
>>38833986
>implying I have sex
>implying I go running
Something is wrong with me and I have no motivation to live a "fulfilling" life. I was hoping quitting smoking would help me in someway with my mentality or something.

Its been a long ass 23 years, and I've been smoking since I was 14. Yet I don't even feel a change from quitting
>>
>>38834013
>I was just hoping I would feel some sort of satisfaction or something from quitting. Like I was getting a hold of life better.

Its only been a month Im not up to specifics on nicotine but im sure theres a post withdrawal period, you wont feel any different just shittier than normal, addiction isnt just physical. It tends to blow for a period of time its not instant.
>>
>>38833588
I wouldn't know anything about withdrawal, but I had to quit for 3 weeks because I was in a foreign country with limited finances and couldn't buy a pack to save my life.
Shit sucked, I felt like killing pedestrians that looked at me weirdly
>>
>>38833588
I smoke no more than twice a day, as it's not very expensive, it's not as detrimental to my health, and I can still enjoy it.
>>
>>38834315
Yeah, thats how you should do it. Thats when you can enjoy it. Moderation wins again, but im stuck with a shitty all or nothing mentality.
>>
>>38833588
>tfw I decided to rewatch FLCL
>reminds me that I skipped adolescent
I hate myself again

I stopped smoking when my mom stopped buying cigs for me to steal
>>
File: Why even live.jpg (239KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Why even live.jpg
239KB, 1280x960px
>>38834833
>Anime theme is about growing up and living life
>I never grew up
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.