[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

he guys, my great grandmother just passed away and my uncle

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

File: phone.jpg (32KB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
phone.jpg
32KB, 400x332px
he guys,

my great grandmother just passed away and my uncle is selling the house and im not getting shit, now that the comfy neet life is over I have no choice but to live In the woods for probably a year or so. ive always been afraid of debt and phone companies but is there a phone plan with unlimited data that wont fuck me so I can still be online while living in the forest?
>>
if you have a phone, get google hangouts. it has a phone function that can make free domestic calls and international calls for pennies per minute.
can't receive calls, though...
>>
>>38828863
I dont really anyone too all desu,ijust want youtube and 4chan in the woods, I have an anker solar panel that can charge it
>>
>>38828932
im just scared because ive heard people get unlimited data then all of a sudden they've go a 2000 dollar phone bill and company basically make there money fucking you over
>>
>>38828986
nobody? I swear im not a phone company shill just want access to the internet while inna woods
>>
I don't know but have a bump my good anon and good luck
>>
So, I've gotta call bullshit.

Living in the woods is an enormous challenge. You may actually die. And you're worried about your PHONE?

Focus on food, water, and medical. Jesus deep-fried Christ.
>>
>>38829952
that's really friggin kind of you and I hope you have a really good day man
>>
>>38830026
not bullshit my man, ive got a fishing rod and water purifyers and solarpanels and a tent and id like internet
>>
>>38830090
Honestly, then, check out ting.com. It's an extremely cheap plan if you watch your usage.

You should be mostly worried about your costs rather than unlimited data.
>>
>>38830026
All a man needs is memes to survive
>>
>>38830141
dang noting unlimited that you can think of? and my big fear is going over mylimit and getting charged alot
>>
>>38830215
If you're really off-grid, you'll be pretty busy growing yams or whatever to do much in the way of internet stuff. Instead, busy yourself with outside projects - build a shelter, get yourself safe. Here's a great vid, it's old but still applicable.

https://youtu.be/9npdnI7dKCg

And, the net is really wasteful of your time and money. I know what it takes to go NEET and you need to conserve every friggin penny. Trust me, ting is the way you want to go. Only use it in emergencies.

How much cash do you have, BTW? you may not need to be living in a tent. Buying land and a trailer may be the way to go for you. Are you planning on working while you're innna woods?
>>
>>38830302
I think ill be close enough to civilization to not need to grow yams, I get about 1100$ a month and I scrap metal
>>
>>38828824
Why not live in a trailer park, OP? Your phone should be the last thing to worry about if you're going to live in the woods.
>>
>>38830431
im so afraid of rejection that I think a trailer park wont even want me, trees wont judge me
>>
Can't you just go to the nearest McDonald's?
>>
>>38828824

Haha yeah dude just be yourself
>>
>>38830479
If you keep to yourself no one's going to give a shit. A trailer isn't too expensive. You should just invest in living there.
>>
>>38830479
and I need internet man
>>38830491
what if they don't want me?
>>
>>38830412
Ok, now we're getting somewhere. You've got some passive income and you scrap. Excellent.

Depending on where you are (my big concern here is weather, believe it or not), you may be able to buy a piece of property and do some work around getting a more permanent shelter together. The vid I shared is a good one if you're handy, but if you're not, even an old travel trailer will be a huge improvement over a tent. You just don't want to be in an area that's too hot or too cold. A/C is expensive.

Land can be had (at least in the US) for sometimes even just a few hundred dollars and a trailer for a few thousand. Get on landwatch.com and search your area. Hell, if you get good at evaluating land, you can make a career out of it. Check out retipster.com or google "land geek", these guys make a killing flipping raw land.

Anyway, hope that helps. Or, if you've got about 10 thousand, you can try my "outskirts of the city" plan.
>>
>>38830539
In terms of A/C, he could benefit from dwelling in a subterranean habitat where it'll stay a nice 75 degrees year round. The only problems would moisture and flooding, so he really needs to know what to do to keep his shit dry and not collapsing.
>>
>>38830617
Oooo, no no no, stay away from that shit. Yes, theoretically it is better than above ground, but if it really was the best choice, all of our homes would be underground. I asked an architect friend about that one time, she literally laughed out loud.
>>
>>38830523
im weird man everyone eventually notices my clumsy ass
>>38830539
im Canadian and ill check the site out but im way too poor too afford that, im a simple man I haveeverything I need except for internet
>>
>>38830668
Then you shouldn't worry about what people think, it's a waste of time anyways. But a tent is too hard to live in.
>>
>>38830703
I just don't wanna give someone the opportunity to reject me when I don't need them, I can purify over 1000 gallons of water with my gear and have cast iron cooking set
>>
>>38830840
It's not just about the food and water though, anon. You need shelter and a tent just can't cut it.
>>
>>38830090
What other gear you got? Do you have a full inventory of your kit?
You could supplement some of your food by hunting and canning.
>>
>>38830703
Yep, especially cheaper tents will wear out from use. Unquestionably, you'll need better shelter in a few months.

I'm born Canadian too and the weather there is definitely shite except for a few places. It's definitely not where you want to be inna woods, you'll friggin die. If you can hop a greyhound, get to the Penticton/Oliver area, even in winter, it's at least livable. You can also work picking fruit or grapes for cash. Unfortunately, BC is the worst for housing, so even buying raw land at that point is impossible. You'll have to tent it or get a trailer on a pickup truck:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trailer-camper/norfolk-county/truck-camper/1286570324

Shit, all of my strategies break right down when crossing that border because the RE in Canada is completely fucked. If you were in the US, especially on the south coast, you'd be more than fine.
>>
>>38828824

>find a decent state with modest land prices
>purchase a few acres for a few grand, get someone with good credit to co-sign for a loan
>monthly payments will be minimal if you get a $5000-$10000 plot
>either build a small home, purchase a tough shed, or get a pre-fabricated metal home (galvanized steel is strong as fuck, doesn't rust if treated properly, and can be insulated
>get a basic bitch job and slowly build up your home
>get a gym membership too for gains and free shower
>you can cook with a wood stove or basic gas stove
>maybe get a generator or some shit for power, or just get a power pole built on your property

It isn't too expensive and it is okay living. If a guy can live out of a car, then you can live like this.
>>
>>38830868
ive got a coleman pop up tent which is pretty top of the line
>>38830898
ihave like flints and stuff so I always have cooking fire also a lot of fish where I am
>>
>>38830952
>>38830972
This is smart, OP please try this.
>>
>>38830972
Any tent is going to eventually wear out from use. I'm trying to help you here. A word of advice, get the idea of living in the woods out of your head, especially in Canada.
>>
>>38830972
A tent won't cut it for the deep of winter. It will eventually get shredded by the wind. You will die out there like that McCandless cuck. You need a more permanent shelter, like a log hut sealed with clay, a cave, shit even an old van that you mound dirt around would be more than sufficient for your purposes.
You also want a sturdy axe, a hunting knife, some paracord, and an ideally high-powered rifle for self defense and hunting. Some necessities you can't really get out in the boonies are salt, soap, coffee, tobacco, medicine, sewing needles, quilts, nails, and basic tools like pliers and bolt cutters.
This is all really risky. It would be better if you had more gear.
>>
>>38830933
the only berry picking farms around here you pay the farmer to pic but you keep the berries, I don't think I can afford that shi
>>38830952
>5000-10000 plot
you don't understand man im poor
>>
>>38831138

Like I said, get a job and build up some wealth. Being a NEET is not feasible unless you're autistic/disabled, have dumb parents, or if you live off of welfare. Once you get a job and get someone to co-sign for a loan, you'll be paying maybe $50 or so a month for land.

You can't live in the wilderness for the rest of your life. I enjoy going /out/ in my spare time and often take two/three day camping trips deep into my state's national forest. You'd run out of food quick, have poor hygiene, and you're fucked if you get sick or freeze.
>>
>>38831138
>the only berry picking farms around here you pay the farmer to pic but you keep the berries, I don't think I can afford that shit

Yea, that's not what I'm talking about. "You pay to pick" is not a job, it's a way to buy berries. Stay away.

Sounds like you're more east, maybe past the prairies. Have you put your name in for the "universal basic income" plan that they have in Ontario? If our doob-smoking PM actually makes that a real law, I'd take full advantage of it, meng. Add that to your 1k per month income, you'll be doing really well.
>>
>>38831102
it isn't forever man just a year and ill have campfire too keep me warm
>>38831112
I have most of that stuff
>>38831225
it isn't for the rest of my life, maybe a year. an where can I find this 50$ a month land?
>>
Why dont you just ask around for a place to crash in? Or ask your uncle if you van stay with him till you get back on your feet?
>>
>>38831320

Well, I am Americlap living in Georgia. You can get a solid 5-10 acre plot for $5,000 or so depending on the area. The main thing you gotta do is get a loan for it so you're making monthly payments instead of buying it upfront.

Alternatively you can live in the woods as you mentioned or maybe find a commune if they got those in LeafLand. Just make sure you have a solid all-season tent or hammock and the essentials to outdoors living.
>>
>>38831320
It's better to stay somewhere else for a year. You're wasting your time if you stay in the forest. It's still risky, no matter what.
>>
>>38831270
I am in Ontario good call, I tried to be a farmhand but even they need like 4 years experience so even on the lowet levels in fucked
>>38831327
my uncle hates me
>>
>>38831399
im friggin scared to sit down in a bank office and ask for that, it could possibly take 10 months to pay back so I might try
>>38831411
I got bear mace and stuff
>>
>>38831565
It's dangerous please don't
live in a trailer or with family pls
>>
>>38831565

I mean, you'll be your own man and you will own your own property. You can crawl out of Neetdom and be a man. Self-made and fucking free.
>>
>>38831399
As a Leaf living in the US, it's really hard to get yourself across the border and living in the US with any degree of security, especially now with the orange idiot child in charge. That's why I said if he was a US citizen, he'd have a much easier time.

>>38831459
Yep, it's fucked in leafland these days. Costs are huge, there are no jobs, the Canadian peso is nearly worthless. Even Alberta, long the economic center of things in Canuckistan, is faltering because of low oil prices. Back in the day, it was big growth because of Fort Mac. But few jobs to be had over there now. This is really why I left - things are so screwed up, regular canadians have no chance, the poor buggers.

>>38831619
The visa and immigration issues would eat poor anon alive. It's truly fucked, it is. I've been through it all. Unless you've got specific skills, they'll never let you stay. And if you violate your tourist visa, they can completely hang you out to dry, putting you on a blacklist so you'll never get into the Land Of Trump again. Fuck.
>>
>>38831678

Well, I hope land prices and shit aren't too bad in LeafLand. I like all the guns and country here in the states.
>>
>>38831610
I have no family
>>38831619
that's sounds pretty nice, like surgically reattaching my testicals and being a man for once
>>38831678
how did you get out of this bullshit, whats your story friend?
>>
>>38831888
oh yea the whole point of my thread is I need a phone plan to live in the woods if its a worst case scenario but might try for land now
>>
>>38831888
You can do it Leaf anon. Just try to get a job and keep pushing forward. Don't get discouraged and never lose sight of your aspirations.
>>
>>38831972
what id really love to do is be a farmer or something, bu other farmers wont wont fucking teach me because im inexperienced, I swear the way the system Is set up im destined to be a leech
>>
>>38832084
all I want is to be a fucking man and earn my own way but nobody wants me
>>
>>38831881
Unless I miss my guess, land is much higher priced than in the US.

>>38831888
How did I get out of the bullshit? Like I said, I had the right skills to get a work visa (programming) and I never looked back. There's very little in the way of opportunity over there and what little of it there is, they tax to death. But, being a Leaf was a major hurdle to overcome, let me tell you.

Still, I'm very glad I left. There's no room for people who want to make something out of themselves in Canada.
>>
>>38832291
im 23 and im so dumb that im whats wrong with the western world. I really hope I can do what Georgia anon said and get some land, but idk what an American bank would think of me. especillaly since im on Canadian government assistance. but wanna climb the ladder and come to the states too, I feel like a mexican
>>
>>38832449
Well, it's easy enough to buy the land, but to live on it legally, that will be your issue. They won't let you across the border except as a tourist, not to live in a more permanent way.

But I do feel you with the feeling like a mexican. Canada is becoming farther behind in many ways.

that being said, living here is also no picnic. Yes, if you're aggressive, smart, and shrewd, you can get by better here than in Canada. But there are a lot of people that slip up and they are punished severely for it. homelessness and poverty are constant threats in both countries and I'm not sure how we can put an end to it. Still, I'm happy with the choice I've made, orange man-children notwithstanding.

If I were you, I'd have no choice but to live in Canada, but I'd look to buy assets like land in the US.

Hope that helps, let me know if there's anything else I can shed light on.
>>
>>38832821
What's wrong with land in Canada? He'd have plenty of timber, clean water, game, everything he needs to live barring medical care.
>>
>>38833028
So, nothing is wrong with his plan to get land. but what you have to understand is that real estate in canada is generally overpriced. If he can find land at the same price as in the US, then all the more power to him. But from what I've heard, it's more of a racket. There's not the transparency in purchase, lots of pocket listings, the numbers are misrepresented, and unless you're part of the inner circle, you won't get a fair shake. Just way more shadiness in general.

I've done a few RE deals both in the US and Canada and have seen the numbers and there's a lot less of the bullshit in the US. Again, just my experience, but if he can get a reasonable piece of land for a few grand, that's probably the best way to go.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.