[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do good people with mental health problems eventually just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Kunikida.Hanamaru.full.2092526.jpg (486KB, 678x956px) Image search: [Google]
Kunikida.Hanamaru.full.2092526.jpg
486KB, 678x956px
Why do good people with mental health problems eventually just become outright bad people?
>>
>>38824408
Why are anime posters all just outright bad people?
>>
File: 6fc1a2c3e7f752fa86d5257f83803a0e.png (949KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
6fc1a2c3e7f752fa86d5257f83803a0e.png
949KB, 800x1132px
>>38824520
Anime poster and very good person here. I have time for a few questions
>>
File: 1441740959136.png (723KB, 940x734px) Image search: [Google]
1441740959136.png
723KB, 940x734px
If people are going to treat you like you're a bad person either way, why bother being good?
>>
>>38824545
I don't think I'm a bad person, yet I am viewed in a negative light by others from the stigma attached to mental illness. I've never physically hurt another being. I just keep to myself, but that's not enough for the neurotypicals, I have to be lambasted for what is outside of my control regardless.
>>
A lifetime of being shunned and looked down upon for something that is totally out of your control will turn even the purest hearts black as coal eventually.
>>
>>38824607
Do people really think you're a bad person, or just weird and withdrawn? It seems more likely to me that they just don't understand you and think you should be more like them, not that they actually think you're a bad person
>>
Because people with mental illnesses aren't seen as "people." They're "problems." They're always going to be seen as a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and make everyone else's day inconvenient.
>>
>>38824627
Not him but they actually do think i am a bad person. But even if i didnt have these abandonment issues and sociopathy they would still think i am a bad person due to who i am as a person. Thats how it has always been. Its not like i didnt try fitting in. I did try but every time i did they acted hostile towards me.
>>
>tfw obviously have a mental disorder but too afraid to get it diagnosed or seek help because I don't want to lose my right to own guns
>>
File: Lovesick.Puppies.full.1456524.jpg (535KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lovesick.Puppies.full.1456524.jpg
535KB, 1280x720px
>>38824627
ENFJ here. I've never had to contend with shyness or being withdrawn, but I don't like when people who are are considered weird. Different people are different, that should be okay. Whenever you actually pay attention to those who are quiet or keep to themselves instead of just looking down on them and making assumptions for not being as extroverted as most people are (myself included), it's pretty obvious that most of them are just regular people who happen to be a little more inhibited.
>>
>>38824408

It becomes an easy excuse for all kinds of shit behaviour.

Especially once you got the ''ok'' (diagnosis) from the doctor you will end up using it even more as an excuse.

Ive also noticed a growing trend where people identify with their disorders which cant be helpful.
>>
File: 1479212565271.jpg (312KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1479212565271.jpg
312KB, 1944x2592px
>>38824408
Because I'm not a good person. Everything about me is objectively terrible
>>
>be a terrible person
>my own mother called me a sociopath, my brother and sister thought of me as a sadist or a torturer, called a freak and worse by people who's lives I'd ruined just by being close to them
>too caught up in cycles of psychosis and depression to recognize how mentally ill I was
>suffered and caused suffering unecessarily for most of my life
>thought my life was irretrievably ruined by the time I was 19
>startd to finally recognize that there was a problem
>tried for months to get someone I could honestly talk to to no avail
>degenerated so badly I could not function or be safe around other people in any capacity
>locked up and when I was released I had lost everything
>the next five years of my life were a living hell
>fought as hard as I could and worked as hard as I could to get better
>shrink after shrink after meds after injections after therapy after shrink, over and over until I finally, FINALLY found someone that diagnosed me correctly
>within two years I was almost completely stable
>haven't hurt so much as a fly in 4 years now
>without the batshit insane garbage in my head I can actually behave like a decent human being and give back to society and rebuild relationships and try to make up for my past

You got it backwards, OP
>>
>>38824595
this
a mentally ill person might get some leverage and success for turning heel
>>
Even rocks will weaken over time if the waves crash into them hard enough.
>>
Because they don't want to become good. They just wanna stay terrible people and therapy only enforces this.
>>
>>38824408
Sometimes I try to be good, but I never get anything from it so why try to change? The way I am is fine and people like me more than when I try to be someone good. Even if a lot of people might call me a bad person for many different reasons, I don't think I am one and I'm content.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.