[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do girls get weirded out if you don't have a facebook, instagram,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2654.jpg (99KB, 483x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2654.jpg
99KB, 483x512px
Do girls get weirded out if you don't have a facebook, instagram, and snapchat?
>>
>>38815381
don't forget twitter

in all seriousness, you need a facebook and a snapchat, but you don't have to use them after a week
>>
I wouldn't know. I don't talk to them.
>>
>>38815413
I don't have any of that man. Oh well, gonna go back to edging
>>
Chad? no
Everyone else? yes

Everything you want to know about women comes back to that.
>>
How would they know i don't have any
>>
File: IMG_2539.jpg (71KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2539.jpg
71KB, 600x335px
>>38815440
>match with girl on tinder
>"hey what's your ig"
>>
>>38815456
How would i have a tinder if i don't have a facebook
>>
>>38815474
fake fb
>>
>>38815480
why would i have a fake facebook when i don't have one
>>
File: 1500141764719.png (216KB, 367x498px) Image search: [Google]
1500141764719.png
216KB, 367x498px
I like to take pictures and follow national geographic so I only have IG.
>>
>>38815507
fake fb =\= actual one with pictures and friends
>>
>>38815529
but if its fake, then you don't really have a facebook
>>
>>38815542
what the fuck are you trying to say. get the fuck outta here fool
>>
>>38815456
>"give me your vsco first"
>>
>>38815604
what did you say to me punk
>>
I think people will find it strange if you do not have at least 1 social media profile/application. I'd say FB is the one most people look at although others are rising in popularity. I don't think you need every single one, but it might be good to have an active FB. In terms of a job, it can actually keep you from finding employment. If you are 30-40+, HR might excuse one not having a FB. If you are below 30, it'll flag you as extremely strange to not have at least FB, and employers/HR will be more likely to pass on the possibility of your employment. It's also important that you actually use the page. It might be as simple as just adding the people you went to school with, having a couple photos, and maybe posting something once in awhile that the public may view.
>>
>>38815687
>tfw you have absolutely no footprint on the internet
>>
>>38815687
>If you are below 30, it'll flag you as extremely strange to not have at least FB, and employers/HR will be more likely to pass on the possibility of your employment

I find this hilariously unlikely anon, why do you think that?
>>
>>38815815
Because that's one of the things that HR is checking with increasing frequency to determine your suitability for employment. The other thing that can lessen the chances of employment is a profile that displays unsavory character. The reason it can be a risk factor is a lack of social media can show that your aren't a people person, and you might not get along with fellow co-workers. It can also show that you are an eccentric which, in many cases, is a red flag for HR.
>>
>>38815815
Now, I'm going to add to my post, depending on your locality, this type of background check may be seen as an extreme invasion of privacy, and remains unused. In the U.S., it is allowed and increasingly used to determine eligibility.
>>
>>38815869
I see your points. I just find it incredibly shallow that an HR department would make those assumptions based on a facebook page (or lack thereof). People were social or anti-social long before there were any sort of social media, and someday social media might trend out and become unpopular, as all trends do.
But humanity is shallow so it makes sense
>>
>>38815381
What the fuck is the point of snapchat anyway?
>>
>>38815869
>not being a privacy-obsessed stallman for your netsec interview

GNU plus Linux
>>
>>38815757
>tfw people honestly think 4chan is anonymous
>>
>>38816004
Getting the coochie shots.

It's situational, but typically women prefer you to have some social connections because that's their greatest asset.
>>
>>38815983
I find it extremely shallow myself. However, I also disagree with the increasing use of personality tests that ask about facets of one's beliefs and interests that have nothing to do with the job itself. It should not be an employer's concern if one likes the band Pixies, prefers to stay at home, prefers to go out for a night on the town, or if they believe supernatural beings possibly exist. It's also true that social media really doesn't imply that one can or cannot do their job. People who are not social can certainly be the nicest people ever in terms of customer service. I think it's really messed up how far many HR departments go into analyzing the personality of their employers. Work ethic, in the case of previous jobs, and honesty should really be the only traits that matter.
>>
>>38816033
May as well be unless you are willing to pay money.
>>
>>38815869
Can I have private profiles? I only have acquaintances from college a couple years ago and from high school way back that I haven't talked to since then. I can't friend people.

Also I'm a shut-in NEET so I don't take pictures. Can I set those to private too?

>tfw mom made me a Facebook for HR check reasons.
>>
>>38816639
I think it's okay to have the profile itself set to private. It'll just show you have to add this person to see what they share. As far as pictures, all you need is one profile picture. Hell, go out in the backyard and take a picture of yourself sitting under a tree or something. Have your back turned in some scenic setting, something like that. As far as friends, yeah, that's what I mean. The majority of people don't actually deny requests so just add people you remember from high school or college. 80% of them will likely accept your request. Fuck, 80% of strangers will accept requests because they put so much value on that friend number. You ever noticed how many people have hundreds of friends? Sometimes thousands? Trust me, usually they don't actually know 75% of those people added.
>>
File: 1498498340346.jpg (52KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1498498340346.jpg
52KB, 601x508px
>Whore: "Heyyy whats ur instagram?"
>Me: "What's your Steam account?"
>>
>>38816787
There's increasing chance they might have one in this day and age.
>>
>>38815381
Yes, they do, because you look like a total weirdo.
Jesus, I hate modern Internet. I'd be ok with just an e-mail (the best form of communication for me) and cell phone messages.
>>
>>38816708
I'm 22. Would they even use Facebook? Also ain't it weird to add them after all these years?
>>
there was a time where constantly taking pictures of yourself would make you look like a spastic
now everybody does it
>>
I have literally no form of social media

I don't do anything, I don't know anyone, and I don't have any pictures of myself. so there's no point.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.