[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If its OK to eat meat just for satisfaction, is it okay to torture

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 24

File: rat_compressor.jpg (733KB, 2017x2689px) Image search: [Google]
rat_compressor.jpg
733KB, 2017x2689px
If its OK to eat meat just for satisfaction, is it okay to torture animals for satisfaction?
>>
R.I.P ratto
>>
in a perfect world no, shouldn't kill animals unless it's for sustenance.

There's too much cognitive dissonance amongst people with regards to eating meat and abusing animals it's the same fucking thing.

>muh needless suffering

They know they are going to die, go watch a fucking video of a slaughter house operating, there's death in the air and the animals know it.

>but thats not needless suffering

The animals are dying so you can stuff your face with McCholesterol burgers and nuggies, you don't need that shit to survive so fuck off.

If you eat factory/mass processed meat on a regular basis then you have no right to complain about animals getting abused.
>>
>>38813837

it's ok to do it for science
>>
>>38813837
post more rat
>>
>>38814170
Auschwitz did nothing wrong.

For science!
>>
>>38813837
>implying rat is torture

That rat's being anesthesized for surgery. The Fancy Rat community adores that picture since that rat looks dopey as fuck.
>>
>>38813837
did he died?
what did rat do wrong, /r9k/?
>>
File: qztZThj.jpg (484KB, 1277x2315px) Image search: [Google]
qztZThj.jpg
484KB, 1277x2315px
>>38814221
Nah, he just got surgery.

His name is Milo. And he's doing alright, pic related.
>>
File: 1501179234128.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501179234128.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>38814414
milo for king of r9k
>>
>>38814131
And the slaughter is only one part of the problem since it's common with bad living conditions before the slaughter.
>>
File: YcPV7ME.jpg (848KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
YcPV7ME.jpg
848KB, 1440x2560px
>>38814438
His lil' bro Reepicheep is qt as well.

Only have one curly haired rat, they're hard to find. Jealous of Milo's owner.
>>
>>38814414
BASED MILO THE RAT
>>
>>38814414
best rat
>>
>>38814414
Damn that nigga got swag with a capital G
>>
>>38814612
more ratposts pls. Also was the thing in your OP milo getting anesthetic?
>>
File: IMG_4314.JPG.jpg (2MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4314.JPG.jpg
2MB, 3000x2250px
>>38814634
Looks like a general anesthetic in a canine snout mask; they were neutering him to reduce cancer risk and aggression problems. The owner said they sedated him ahead of time so he wouldn't be freaking out in the snout respirator.

>source: https://www.reddit.com/r/RATS/comments/5ryusi/im_a_vet_tech_and_today_at_my_work_we_neutered_my/

Here's my boy Jupiter. Sweetest boy you'll ever meet, and he makes sure to include his timid, introverted brother Phoebus in playtime and activities.
>>
>keeping diseased vermin as pets.
>>
>>38813837
yes. anti-animal abuse activism a shit.
>>
fuck i miss my rat. I had to put her down due to a cancerous abscess on her cheek. watching her crawl towards me once she realized something was taking her made me bawl my eyes out in front of the vet.her name was luanne.. anybody that wants a fun relatively low maintenance pet that actually has time to keep them active and happy should definitely get a rat, they are adorable and lots of fun. they can stay on your head while you walk around and stuff like that. I'd take mine to the park and set her down, scoot backwards as fast as I could facing her and she'd scurry back to me then i'd let her roam.. they stay by you like a well-trained dog if they're comfortable with you. rats are the best .. heres a song I started before i took her to the vet and finished after she died if anyone wants to listen https://soundcloud.com/dood-milk/luanne-1
>>
File: 4389247384104814.jpg (141KB, 962x719px) Image search: [Google]
4389247384104814.jpg
141KB, 962x719px
>>38814131
>causing unnecessary suffering is wrong but causing necessary suffering is okay
So when a lion rips a giraffe to shreds and eats it alive, you see no problem with that? It's necessary suffering, after all.
>b-but muh reason!!
Yeah, the lion isn't capable of reason, so it doesn't know better. Your problem clearly isn't in the the consequential suffering but rather the intent, so any talk about suffering is meaningless to you, because you've shown that suffering is only conditionally wrong, and therefore it isn't necessarily wrong, so you can get the fuck off your high horse. Either nature is cruel or it isn't. Call this a strawman, but this pretty much captures the views of your retarded kin. Find a better outlet to fuel your need for moral superiority.

Animals are lesser beings anyway.
>>
>>38814191
>Inb4 "it couldn't have done anything wrong because it wasn't used that way"
>>
>>38813837
It's okay to eat meat for nutrition
It's okay to torture animals for science
Easy peasy
>>
File: IMG_3599.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3599.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>38814706
Mercury on the left, Phoebus on the right. Mercury's quiet, but friendly to most people and doesn't let others push him around. Phoebus is pretty beta and timid, but his brothers look out for him.

Mercury died today, thinking a stroke.
His brothers and sisters are sad
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>38814706
>/r/RATS
f-fuck reddit man, ill never go there
>>
>>38813837
It's "okay" to do anything if your ethics permits it and no one is going to stop you.
Of course, if you have such beliefs then you don't get to complain on moral grounds when someone decides to do such a thing to you.
>>
File: 3456346.png (632KB, 1042x753px) Image search: [Google]
3456346.png
632KB, 1042x753px
>>38814765
dude why do you always replace the "is" with "a"? Like every time dude
>>
>>38814414
D'aww it's like a dog. I guess he's alright for a fat rat.
>>
>>38814857
It's just old 4chan lingo. Lurk more than a month.
>>
>>38814777
I'm sorry for you loss other ratanon, they're smart as hell and I love em.
>>
>>38814777
That sucks man, I know what it's like losing one to cancer. You don't want to kill them on the off chance they still enjoy being alive, but it just keeps getting worse and it kills you to see them in pain.

That's a really good song.
>>
>>38814860
They're a lot like dogs (except one of my girls, she's got the moody temperament of a cat). They come to you if you call them, they're happy to see you come home, some get envious if you pet another one too long.

The downside is, their death hurts like a dog's would too :(
>>
File: 1501468516983.png (209KB, 559x442px) Image search: [Google]
1501468516983.png
209KB, 559x442px
>>38814857
>be somewhere a whole week
>question those people's mannerisms as if you're not the odd one out
>>
>>38814879
Yes it was a really hard decision but its ultimately selfish to keep them alive through the pain because you love their company.. no easy route with things like that. Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it
>>
>>38814963
Hey man, you either burn like a candle for a hundred years or you burn like a blazing inferno for three.

Also if a man lives to be a hundred no one is sad, he lived a long life. Just remember they lived long lives, happier than any other rat could hope to be.
>>
File: 1489477888789.jpg (127KB, 843x604px) Image search: [Google]
1489477888789.jpg
127KB, 843x604px
>>38814131
>If you eat factory/mass processed meat on a regular basis then you have no right to complain about animals getting abused

It still hurts to know that this is the world we live in and that we're complacent with these awful circumstances. It's just 1 of those many things that lead to the thought process of suicide or human extinction being best for earth. I'd love for the industry to change but it's hopeless and if you do have the money, conviction and know-how to live without it, the only reward you're left with is knowing that all the suffering is still there, the human population is steadily growing and the conditions and culling of these creatures is only going to get worse, and now you're ignorantly labeled as a pussy or scoffed at and told to get off your moral high horse just because you're being empathetic. It's things like these that almost make it seem like hell could be real and almost all of us are headed there because of our partaking in this pain and misery
>>
File: 1501517023621.png (318KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501517023621.png
318KB, 900x900px
>>38814792
no problem, If I had the choice of ripping a deer apart by hand or starving I would rip the deer apart in a heartbeat. It's necessary for the lion to kill and eat. It's not necessary for me to eat hamburgers every day.

Yeah the lion doesn't know better, it's also doing the only thing it is capable of doing to eat.

Yes suffering is conditionally wrong, needless suffering is causing suffering when an alternate approach could be taken. Why would I rip a deer to death when I could shoot it in the head, why would I bother killing the deer in the first place if I had another method of eating.

Nature is cruel, nature however does not cultivate animals for the sole purpose of being tortured and raised in squalid conditions just to be slaughtered by the billions.

I agree, animals are lesser beings. That being said it doesn't mean compassion has to be thrown out the window.

I don't care if people eat meat, it just pisses me off when suburban moms stuff their faces with factory farmed animal products and then turn around and complain about a cat getting abused.
>>
>>38813837
>It's another killing animal for food is the same as torturing them for fun

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
File: 34 (1).png (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
34 (1).png
12KB, 236x236px
>>38814131
>>38815060
Don't be a pussy.

Life isn't black and white, it's grey. You can love some animals and still eat others. Until we get Star Trek machines that make juicy steaks from thin air i'm gonna eat me some cows. Doesn't mean I gotta tolerate eating dogs and cats that are bred as pets and work animals.

Only a raging autist would look at the world so simplyOH WAIT I FORGOT WHERE I AM!
>>
>>38814811
sorry about Phoebus my dude
>>
>>38815112
remember that part about ignorantly being labeled as a pussy?
>>
I think that if animals are killed for food or used for research purposes, it should be done in the least barbaric way possible. If an animal is subject to a life of being a test subject, every other aspect of it's life should be a luxury. It should have a good home, plenty of free time to play when applicable, and the highest quality food. It should be shown some degree of care and affection from it's caretakers. I think animals raised for meat should be free range. Their upbringing should mirror the life of the free range cattle I grew up around. The killing process should be as quick as possible. That's a perfect world though. Factory farming exists because there'd otherwise be no way to supply the world's food, and as far as animal testing. In the meantime, I just simply don't buy meat unless I know I'll eat every bit. I'm fortunate to live in an area near the countryside where I can get free range meat.
>>
File: 0c3.png (102KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
0c3.png
102KB, 640x640px
If stupid ass chickens didn't want to be enslaved and mass slaughtered, they shouldn't have evolved to be so delicious
>>
>>38815050
Thanks anon. I'm just being a selfish baby because I just want my friend back. Appreciate the kind words.
>>
>>38815112
>Star Trek
more like The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
>>
File: 1382879487986.png (78KB, 747x254px) Image search: [Google]
1382879487986.png
78KB, 747x254px
>>38815112
Don't mind me just here following up with the rest of this comic - Doh ho ho
>>
>>38815121
It was Mercury who is kill; thanks though. Phoebus was the first to find him, and he's shook up about it; he doesn't want to eat or play with anyone. They were close since Mercury took him in when Phoebus was a pup, and Merc was his role model for a long time.
>>
>>38815060
> I'd love for the industry to change but it's hopeless and if you do have the money, conviction and know-how to live without it
is actually cheaper to eat vegan if you aren't throwing money away on hyper-processed fake meat and cheese
>>
>>38815112

So you'd agree that the dog eating festival in China where the dogs are made to feel as much pain as possible before being boiled alive/set on fire/flayed/beaten because they taste better is okay?

So you'd be fine getting berated by the majority of the hindu world for eating beef?

Seriously fuck off you can breed an animal to be whatever you want it to, what the animal's intended purpose is doesn't mean jack shit.

And no seriously it is that simple, you can't condone the mass murder and torture of some animals and then turn around and say "oh well you can't hurt this kind of animal because it's special" like seriously are you aware of the magnitude of cognitive dissonance you are displaying right now?

The animals you eat and the way you consume them is a product of your culture telling you what's alright to eat and what's not. They're all animals and there's no difference, so if you eat factory processed meat and get upset at abused animals then you are genuinely retarded.

>>38814873
>>38814986
>fatezero
>old
fuck out of here with your newfag tier memes
>>
File: 1478204893891.jpg (20KB, 290x293px) Image search: [Google]
1478204893891.jpg
20KB, 290x293px
>>38815289
>so if you eat factory processed meat and get upset at abused animals then you are genuinely retarded

hey fuck you, I cant shake the taste of guilt with every bite
>>
>>38815332
Not that person you've responded to, but to answer your question: I think it's okay if others want to eat cats and dogs assuming they aren't torturing them. Snap their necks, shot them in the brain stem, whatever. Don't burn them alive and torture them though. Save the cages for the slaughter, not the little bit of life they are allowed to live. However, once again, factory farming exists to supply the world's demand. I don't think there's enough land or care in the world to make the meat industry more humane.
>>
>>38815332
Not that anon, but what do you think of this?

If a being is to suffer, it needs to be biologically complex enough to experience suffering. Mammals like dogs and cows can feel emotions, grieve and feel pain, Something like insects and primitive molluscs don't have that kind of capacity. If someone is really fixed on meat, those animals (insects, molluscs, etc), are the way to go.
>>
>>38815332
>dude you can't make fun of someone for being full of himself unable to acclimate to common terms because that term was only made 6 years ago and I've been here longer than that HA MY EPENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
Get over yourself.
>>
File: sl-d.gif (56KB, 335x219px) Image search: [Google]
sl-d.gif
56KB, 335x219px
>>38815380
I'm not saying don't eat meat, I'm trying to point out that it's silly to kill some animals by the billions but detest the rough treatment of others.

>>38815415
> I don't think there's enough land or care in the world to make the meat industry more humane.
like the other guy said we just gotta hope for those steak creators or more progress in lab grown meat.

>>38815423
I think that is a fine idea and I agree with what you're saying in regards to the animal's capacity to feel. But like I said above I'm not saying don't eat meat, I'm trying to point out that it's silly to kill some animals by the billions but detest the rough treatment of others.

>>38815442
I was making fun of >>38814873 and >>38814986 for doing what you literally just said, not the guy who originally asked.
>>
>>38815601
> I'm trying to point out that it's silly to kill some animals by the billions but detest the rough treatment of others.

You're right. I'm a morally corrupt hypocrite in that way (no sarcasm intended). I eat factory meat and feel bad when a dog or pet i know is mistreated. Your position is reasonable and well thought out there; arbitrarily deciding what suffering does and doesn't matter is a terrible ethical compass.

Probably should cut down on meat if I can stop being a weak person.
>>
>>38815601
I think pets are in a special category of animals because they were domesticated to be pets. Sounds kinda dumb but I don't know how else to say it
>>
File: HMM.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
HMM.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>38813837
Damn....... That's really deep.......
>>
>>38813837
it's acceptable regardless of your stance.
lab rats are will die
cows are will die
the plats you grow in your will die
and so on.
Whether or not you kill them is irrelevant because they will die sooner or later.
>>
>>38815601
>I was making fun of >>38814873 and >>38814986 for doing what you literally just said, not the guy who originally asked.
Shit nigger, you have no self awareness.
>>
>>38815674
Not that anon, but I don't believe there's anything inherently special or better about pets compared to slaughter animals just because we designated them so.

Cows can develop bonds with and love people; they'll come to meet their favorite people. Pigs can play and socialize with people. Even simple chickens are known to seek out and enjoy human company.
>>
>is it okay to torture animals for satisfaction?
If you can do it, the universe has given its assent.
>>
>>38815707
We all die some day, do we just stop eating and roll over and die? If you kill things now then they won't be living until whatever life they would've lived had you not killed it, as obvious as it is.
>>
>>38815707
You could justify almost any heinous act with that kind of nihilism.
>>
>>38815798
Yeah I get that there's no inherent difference, it's just an arbitrary social designation.
>>
>>38815075
What do you suppose, we change a massive and apparently efficient way of sustaining the human world for no reason other than convincing everybody all animals are deserving of compassion? I love dogs, more than I will love any person. A Chinese person partakes in a dog-feasting party and I won'r blink. It's the way of his people, and if it happens apparently those dogs were destined for death. Of course there are subjective reasons for why eating dogs as a whole 'should' be wrong but what /can/ be done without detracting from your endgame potential happiness?
>>
>>38813837
I mean the death penalty is a thing, and yet the US Bill of Rights prohibits cruel and unusual punishments. I think in this case intent matters- execution and slaughter of animals serves a purpose other than to cause suffering, while acts solely focused on suffering are deemed bad by society as a whole.
>>
>>38815928
If a Chinese person were about to slaughter a dog right in front of you, would you try to stop him?
>>
If flesh eaters wouldn't be completely fine with a more intelligent species conquering the earth, enslaving all of humanity and proceeding to holocaust them for mere pleasure, they are hypocrites. Veganism is more logically consistent than carcass munching.
Based Vegan OP, I love you
>>
>>38815707
You're using the fallacy known as Appeal to Futility. Say, if people are going to die in the world regardless of what I may do, why is it not morally justified to slay everyone I know?
cont. from >>38816025 so you know I'm not samefagging
>>
>>38815928
Not the guy you're replying to, but
>efficient way of sustaining the human world

Meat isn't required to sustain a human population. It's actually less efficient in terms of energy usage and water consumption, if we're talking about sustainability.
>>
>>38815170
Pretty sure we make them delicious, like we picked and breed the ones that had tastier and eggs. When I bought chickens to raise the guy told me which breed to pick if wanted good meat and which one if wanted good egg layers, didn't know chicken had breeds like dogs tbfh.
>>
>>38815888
Actually with nihilism you don't need to justify any heinous act.

I also don't need to justify my own hypocrisy, because that's inconsequential as well.
>>
File: silkie-chickens--30013.jpg (166KB, 610x372px) Image search: [Google]
silkie-chickens--30013.jpg
166KB, 610x372px
>>38816083
> didn't know chicken had breeds like dogs tbfh.

behold silkies, floofiest chikins
>>
>>38815987
ofc but I'm not gonna be the guy who gets chased out of a village for trying to save the dogs

>>38816072
It has, however, apparently proved itself economically efficient. Maybe as people start to pay attention to where you get this knowledge this'll get experimented with
>>
>>38816025
I would try to fight it, but if the aliens were truly superior then they would win, at that point I would be like "yeah, they got us"
>>
>>38816072
Truth right here. Animal farming is a huge drain on natural resources.
>>
Obviously vegetarianism is more moral but I would argue the process of life and death are more important then death in of itself.
>>
>>38816265
Using your logic, it would be morally justified to kill babies and retards. They couldn't stand a chance, after all. Why not do so?
>>
>>38816341
They're humans so they're special
I'm biased towards my own species
>>
If you're not a vegan Wizard you don't belong on r9k.
>>
>>38816250
It's profitable since people pay a premium for meat, and factory farming allows for lower production costs, at the expense of ethical practice. In pure terms of energy cost, going that up high the trophic chain is expending a whole lot (most all) of the energy as heat and waste products. If you need 6-7 lbs of feed minimum to yield 1 lb of beef, you're getting diminishing returns. Not to mention the water you're consuming to make said feed to feed said cows, and other incidental stuff like soil erosion, gas emissions, etc.

A lot of the moderates advocate switching to chicken, which is a bit more energy and water efficient; some even advocate insects, which are super efficient. Here's hoping.
>>
>>38816361
In what way are they special? If a person is deformed to the point where they are as intelligent and sentient as an animal, how are they very different from a moral standpoint?
You must be pro-choice, kek.
>>
>>38816433
Well, we do imprison, torture, and even kill humans based solely on viewpoint. I don't know if humans should be brought into this.
>>
>>38816433
They're special because murder of another human is just no good. I'm not prepared enough to justify why I think that other than "it's just bad"
I don't know how I feel about abortion
It should be a thing for practical reasons, but I don't see how you can call it anything but murder
In a perfect world people would just use both birth control and a condom always, but that's not how it is
>>
>>38816485
>>38816504
harming humans is immoral as well.
And again, why not? In what way are they different if one were to possess the same level of intelligence and sentience as an animal? Surely you should be able to state the simple reasoning as to why you possess the moral standards that you do. I'm not asking for statistics.
>>
File: 1501727547869.jpg (212KB, 1668x1636px) Image search: [Google]
1501727547869.jpg
212KB, 1668x1636px
>>38814191
>he doesn't know
originally
>>
>>38816341
>morally justified
What a strange notion. People don't kill babies because in general we're mutually interested in protecting our offspring.

I think protecting retards is simply misplaced empathy, the same kind of reasoning that makes people think eating dogs is somehow different from farm animals.
>>
>>38816522
Well, if a person were so unintelligent as to be indistinguishable from an animal's intelligence to the point that they could never live in society in any way, I guess you wouldn't view them the same as a regular human. Intelligence and ability to communicate is one of defining characteristics of a human after all.
>>
>>38816522
Oh, I wasn't part of the conversation. I just saw people were talking about humans.
>>
>>38816609
If a baby is born and a few years into its life the parents no longer want it and nobody would miss it nor has any qualms about killing it, would that would be completely fine to you?
>>38816616
So we can kill them and eat their carcasses, right?
>>
Rat's are amazing pets. Better than any other rodent. Surprisingly clean and intelligent. The only thing that sucks is their short live spans
>>
>>38815225
>>38815112
>>38815112
>>38815225
>>38815225
Can anybody tell me what website this is from?

Cant find it anywhere
>>
>>38816648
Sure. I don't see anything inherently wrong with cannibalism itself, but it's usually getting the meat that's the problem.
>>
>>38813837

Yes, their sole purpose is service, in whatever way we see fit.
>>
>>38816648
>would that would be completely fine to you?
Yeah, why would that be my problem? The only way I would have an issue with it is if it turned out to be a bad social policy, for instance resulted in the economy crashing because people get too lazy to raise their children.
>>
>>38816648
In that case, it might be argued that cannibalism can lead to transmission of specific disease in most species.
>>
It's not suffering if it's in my belly
>>
>>38816648

We don't really practice cannibalism because it leads to some pretty horrible side-effects. Mad-Cow disease is a pretty good example of this. And that actual tribe of cannibals too. If it's been a long time since I've looked it up but the continued eating of human flesh lead to the tribe people sustaining MASSIVE degenerative brain functions, they brains were literally covered in holes and spongy as fuck.
>>
>>38816750
Similar to how herbivores can contract atherosclerosis from consuming meat? Hm...
>>38816702
>>38816742
It's hard to debate someone with no morals whatsoever. Would you mind if someone cannibalized you if you couldn't defend yourself? Sure, we can all claim we wouldn't care for whatever reason, but that's simply an awfully destructive and unproductive mindset to have. I encourage you to evaluate your reasoning as to why you might not want to murder a retard, legality issues aside.
>>
>>38816800
You seem to implying every human who eats meat develops atherosclerosis.
>>
>>38816824
I'm not implying that at all. I'm merely wondering how humans can develop it at all if they are not herbivores? Vegan diets have been shown to not only prevent atherosclerosis but actually reverse it as well. If you were the anon who was concerned about the economy, it would be wise to promote a vegan diet. You'd have a lot less fat fucks to pay for.
>>
On the subject of meat, why has no one brought up that if you were truly against the suffering of animals, then you wouldn't keep any pets. After all, if you have a dog or, especially, a cat, they eat meat. If you own a ferret, it eats meat. You can't not support the meat industry if you own a pet of that sort. All cats, dogs, and ferrets should be banned for the sake of destroying the meat industry. You could say that.
>>
>>38816866
Remember that you are talking to a mass amount of people on here. In fact, you could be talking to a potential maximum of 38 different people in this thread alone.
>>
>>38816800
Like I said, it's getting the meat that's the problem. Eating human flesh isn't any different from eating regular meat. Would you be against eating human meat grown in a petri dish? Of course I would be against someone killing me for the purpose of eating me.

>I encourage you to evaluate your reasoning as to why you might not want to murder a retard
That's not what you were talking about. I thought we were talking about a human so low in intelligence that it was indistinguishable from an animal's. Even retarded people have some baseline intelligence and ability to communicate, so they aren't who we're talking about.
>>
>>38816800
>Would you mind if someone cannibalized you if you couldn't defend yourself?
Do you actually think about these questions before you write them? Of course I would mind. It's why people generally agree not to murder one another, and use force to remove the ones that disagree.

A question for you: How much suffering do you think is acceptable to maintain your life? I guarantee you that my answer is less hypocritical than yours.
>>
>>38816894
Well, depending on your laws, you can technically abort retarded people ahead of time. I guess that's already been addressed as morally valid in some countries and states.
>>
>>38815928
Would boiling a dog alive with the expressed purpose of causing it as much pain as possible elicit a blink from you my dude? Because that's what you might see if he cooks it in the way of his people.
>>
>>38816866

Less fat people would be nice and less of a strain on the health industry, that'd be nice. Although the problem is. My country, Australia has one of the largest meat industries in the world with a value of around $17 billion. That's no pretty penny. If you wanna dismantle the entire industry over time, go ahead but you're gonna have to have a plan so we can replace that $17 billion hole, thousands of jobs and the hundreds of thousands of animals that are now obsolete.
>>
>>38816883
Regardless of who I may be addressing, it is still a logical argument. Unless you live in a country where you don't have to pay for healthcare for some hamplanet, then that aspect of the argument is not applicable.
>>38816894
I wouldn't be against it on a moral basis, something similar is being developed with animal meat, and I think it's actually much better than eating meat from slaughtering an animal. However I'd never consume it solely because of the strong correlation between the consumption of animal protein and the development of disease.
>>38816894
Not all retards have the ability to verbally communicate, those were who I was referring to. Mute children cannot verbally communicate. Animals are able to convey basic desires and emotions through body language and movement.
>>38816897
I'm not completely ignorant, I am well aware that many animals die in the process of producing crops. However, I believe that as much suffering that can be prevented should be.
>>38816959
More farms would need to be opened in order to make up for the food source that would be eradicated if the meat industry you're referring to would be destroyed. Obviously this won't completely replace the industry or the jobs lost, but I would much rather have them find jobs in another field (perhaps the development of plant-based meat substitutes? I'm genuinely unsure) than develop PTSD and alcoholism, both which are prevalent among those who have/currently work in slaughterhouses.
>>
>>38816872
Humans can choose what they eat and are not strictly carnivorous, though. I guess you could argue that feeding pets would keep the meat industry from stopping, but could meat consumption be theoretically made illegal/ethically immoral for everyone except those that need to feed their pets?
>>
>>38817026
You've never met a fat vegan, have you. I have. Fat vegetarians are more common, but fat vegans exist. A vegan can also smoke cigarettes and drink. They can still drain the healthcare system. There's also the stupid vegans that fucked up their children's health with a vegan diet, also leading to strain on the healthcare system. There's also the strain when those children are taken into the care of a foster system. However, most vegans aren't stupid enough to do that to their children, fortunately.
>>
>>38817070
It would cause the price of pet food to skyrocket since all pet food, for the most part, is a by-product of the meat industry for human consumption. Shelters would have it harder... of course, this might not matter if your shelters kill 90% of the animals that enter the doors, would it?
>>
>>38817073
Of course, but they'd have to eat literally nothing besides extremely processed shit. Vegans on average have the lowest BMI and the lowest rates of chronic disease. There are stupid people who decide to breed across all lifestyles and diets, how many stupid meat-eating parents are there compared to vegan parents? This isn't a substantial argument, but I believe that it's a bit of a stereotype for vegan men to get vasectomies. And because vegans tend to be more health-conscious people (hence why they eat the way they do), they're much less likely to smoke and drink and generally harm their body.
>>
>>38817026
>However, I believe that as much suffering that can be prevented should be.
Then how come you haven't committed suicide? Do you believe your personal pleasure is worth the cost?
>>
>>38817128
Wait... who the fuck said anything about a vasectomy?
>>
I'm kinda curious, for any vegans in the thread. What's your stance on Halal meat?
>>
>>38817175
I think you might be hinting at the same thing I was hinting at earlier.
>>
>>38817142
Stress is placed on preventable. So much suffering can be prevented by purchasing different foods at your local grocery store. Please try to remain logical.
>>38817146
Someone brought up that vegan parents might contribute to the strain on health care, so I just made an off-hand mention of the trend that many vegan men get vasectomies. I never would, but apparently its a thing.
>>
>>38817175
How does reciting a muslim prayer change anything?
>>
There's certain posts and questions receiving either no answers or extremely vague answers here. I wonder why?
>>
File: grilled_strips.jpg (93KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
grilled_strips.jpg
93KB, 420x420px
I'm going to bed, but I just had to mention that you don't need to sacrifice your tendies to be vegan. These are delicious. Goodnight.
>>
>>38817269
Goodnight PETA. We'll talk to you again sometime soon.
>>
>>38817269
>I'm going to bed, but I just had to mention that you don't need to sacrifice your tendies to be vegan. These are delicious. Goodnight.

hi another vegan here
I like gardien crispy tenders a lot they are good
>>
>>38817242
>Stress is placed on preventable. So much suffering can be prevented by purchasing different foods at your local grocery store. Please try to remain logical.
Yes, killing yourself is a logical way to prevent the death, environmental damage and expenditure of limited resources your life requires. However, you've determined that your own life is worth this cost, have you not? Sure, perhaps you've attempted to lower it with lifestyle changes, but at the end of the day, you don't mind if some suffering and death is necessary to ensure you stay conscious.
>>
>animals suffer less in the wil-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vjYS98eRDc
>>
dunno but I saw a gif of a guy snipping a mouse's dick off here once
>>
>>38816049
There's no such thing is a Appeal to Futility fallacy.
>>38815888
It's not nihilism it's just the realization of the truth the undeniable truth.
>>38815864
You are on the right path.
>>
>>38817673
Whatever you say my cripplingly depressed friend.
>>
You say all this as if it's going to make me stop eating meat.
>>
File: v tries to have fun 2.jpg (67KB, 735x239px) Image search: [Google]
v tries to have fun 2.jpg
67KB, 735x239px
>>38816686
It's those Simon and Finlay comics from the random comic generator.
>>
>>38817717
>You say all this as if it's going to make me stop eating meat.
maybe you should tho
>>
>>38817858
Nah, I don't feel like it
>>
File: 2017-08-02-06-34-18--953513365.jpg (7KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-02-06-34-18--953513365.jpg
7KB, 251x201px
>>38813837
I'm OK with whatever mate
>>
>>38815112
Then leave this board and this world redditor.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.