[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like rick and morty even though I know it's stupid. It's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: mocap.jpg (16KB, 156x228px) Image search: [Google]
mocap.jpg
16KB, 156x228px
I like rick and morty even though I know it's stupid. It's still more entertaining than most bullshit on TV right now.
>>
File: get your shit together.jpg (63KB, 423x960px) Image search: [Google]
get your shit together.jpg
63KB, 423x960px
>>38812721
yeah, last episode didn't live up to the hype but still a good show imo
>>
>I eat this shit because it's slightly better than this other shit

You're free to like whatever you want but you're still a massive faggot and a retard.
>>
>>38812721
>b-but normies likes it so I have to hate it!

One of the dumber parts of robot ideology. Reflexive opposition to anything popular doesn't make you an individual, it just makes you another kind of conformist.

Rick & Morty is okay. They go too light on the emotional suffering and try too hard to wrap things up in a morally palatable way to appeal to everyone (e.g: 'Rick's secretly a good guy deep down! The family actually loves each other despite flaws!')

I personally like F is for Family more, to get my dysfunctional family television fix.
>>
>>38812721
The concept of the show is pretty good, the execution just isn't the greatest. Pretty decent show altogether.
>>
File: TomandJerryTitleCardc.jpg (17KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
TomandJerryTitleCardc.jpg
17KB, 350x263px
>>38812721
Its downright terribe yet no one will even admit that because they have been conditioned into thinking that is the best cartoons have to offer in the current age the same can apply to south park adventure time, family guy and American dad
I hate to say it but the 90s clasics i grew up with such as recces, spongebob, ed, edd n' eddy etc to a lesser extent aswell.

Just look at vintage cartoons of old such as Tom and Jerry, Mickey Mouse, Donald duck, Popeye and Bugs bunny.
It truly was the golden age of cartoons that will probbly never be exerinced again

>each frame was drawn hand by hand and lots of time was put into making them the best of the best, unlike today "that circle from paint will do for a head."
>the humor was not obcene and could be enjoyed by all including parents.
>the jokes were not stale and reppetive and had you laughing each and every time.
>it was never a race to the bottom in regards to who could be the most offensive.
>it was free from politcal correcness but at the same time was light hearted fun not genuine obcenity that we see today
>they had morals, only approved stuff would run on tv or face angered parents with pitchforks.
>times were stricter and less liberal so everything was done to the best standard or you would face losing your job.
>you could have an entire episode without a single word, just the odd voice effect and it would still be bloddy marvelous
>there was no hidden liberal politcal adgends, though there may have been a patriotic conservative one in some but who cares give me tom and jerry any day over the shite they air on our tv sets in todays day and age!
>>
>>38812721
(2)
>times were stricter and less liberal so everything was done to the best standard or you would face losing your job.
>you could have an entire episode without a single word, just the odd voice effect and it would still be bloddy marvelous
>there was no hidden liberal politcal adgends, though there may have been a patriotic conservative one in some but who cares give me tom and jerry any day over the shite they air on our tv sets in todays day and age!
>>
>>38812777

Tried watching F is for family and I couldn't get into it. But for me, the most realistic TV show out there is Bojack Horseman.
>>
>>38813282
Bojack is too unfocused for me. And they do the same pussyfooting in writing where they'll fuck up Bojack's life, but quickly unfuck or distract him into another arc to avoid much lasting consequences. I'm pretty sure he's going to be sad about Kristen Schaal character's death for a total of 4 minutes before going on another plot required adventure, and then he'll get the sads again end or mid season because there has to be an enormous fuck up around the end.

I also like lighter, but still downcast stuff like Ugly Americans, Home Movies, Harvey Birdman.

Megg Mogg & Owl is also good, but a comic, and wayyyy more degenerate than anything else I've mentioned.
>>
>>38813282
Who cares about reality in cartoons desu its the last thing i want to be concerned about, i want to be immersed in the writers imignation to take me far away from the trobules of reality.
I dont want complicated characters and stories ethier just give me something as simple as two or three protagonists fighting and pulling pranks on each other, one as bait the other as a prankster, all in a single location and they dont even have to speak!

Why wont you listen to my prayers nickeloden, cartoon network and netflix?
Whyyyyy!!!
>>
>>38812721
It's funny, I don't care what you faggots think. Not always, but more often than not.
>>
File: 1489185176658.gif (467KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489185176658.gif
467KB, 550x400px
>>38813247
>comparing shorts that played before feature films to serialized tv shows
>>
>>38813247
harvey birdman is art and I don't care what you say
>>
>>38813897
Yes they may have been slightly diffrent in the terms i used but if you throw old disney films such as Snow white and Cindrella into the equasion and compare them to 21st century animated films such as Frozen and the princess and the frog etc they in no way can be compared to the great clasics of Walt Disney.

But my post was more of a genralisation of the cartoon industry and how despite all the technolgy and advancement, the current cartons are still not as good as the old ones which im sure many will try to refute but deep down we all know its true!
>>
>>38813247
>it was free from politcal correcness but at the same time was light hearted fun not genuine obcenity that we see today
>they had morals, only approved stuff would run on tv or face angered parents with pitchforks.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>38814011
Meh it was good and one of the better ones ill give you that,
But it still lacked aesthetics and that magical charm old cartoons had where anyone regardless of age could sit down watch it and crack a smile.
Whereas certian cartoons which i thought were 10/10 and still do such as scooby doo, the flintstones, wacky racers and Harvey Birdman would often annoy my parents due to the reppetive humor and catch phrases that would come across anoying knowing I probbly watched over more than 10 re-runs of the entire seasons.

Wheras the other day i caught my dad watching Tom and Jerry on youtube!
Prehaps this universal charm i talk of is simply nostalgia from their childhoods, but i personally think it is beyond that and realtes more to quality, aestectics and how they were simple, short and sweet.
>>
>>38814350
Yes well spoted anon we have a card carrying /pol/ack among our ranks!
have a gold star!

but when one talks about the erosion of cartoons over the years, one can not simply ignore that politics is very much involved in this, as cartoons are so very important to the way a child devolps his early outview on life.
I also think it is unfortuante because i watch cartoons to get away from all the serious stuff about life.

But to point at hand, during the 1960s the KGB spent billions if not most of their resources on a program called idelogical subversion, this was basically the infiltration into the west's areas of academia such as schools and universites and of course the mass media.
Which thus resulted in a phenomon known as the "cultral revoloution", this revloution in short was the post war generation the "Boomers" rejecting the ideas of the old guard and imbrace of fresh new ideas such as liberalism, sexual liberation, anti establishment and forms of degrneracy.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwjy8vnblrrVAhUHLhoKHY6KARIQxa8BCDMwCA&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA

As for cartoons, well the KGB covertly put their own people into postions of power in the media and thus worked like wildfire in promoting their own values and leaving behind values of Christanity, conservatism and traditionalim and thats the reason we now have garbage and filth on our screens in the form of shows such as Rick and Morty and south park.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.