[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about music and humanity that go hand in hand? Is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1404264772372.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1404264772372.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
What is it about music and humanity that go hand in hand? Is it the concise rhythm and harmony that gives order to your otherwise chaotic life in a chaotic universe for as long as the song in playing?

Why do I feel close to god when I play this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lknrWK_rhb4
>>
Mainly boredom
>>
music is made to hypnotize fools into more easily controllable states of mind
>>
>>38806673
Music is an essential core of humanity precisely because it contains absolute order. Music sprung up independently hundreds of thousands of times throughout humanity's entire existence for a sole one purpose?

Check your retardation at the door.
>>
>>38806865
>absolute order

exactly
order and control are one
>>
>>38806922
Order and control don't concede with each other 100% of the time. You're still not understanding music didn't originate from one place for one purpose and it's unlikely to have sprung up independently in effective geographical vacuums for a singular purpose.

How exactly does music control you?
>>
>>38807026
music springs up everywhere because once people notice they can control the actions of another by subjecting a particular order upon them, then they do so
>>
>>38807058
How does music control people?
>>
>>38807124
ascending and descending scales invariably control the optimism/pessimism spectrum
and rhythms alter the anxiousness and expectancy periods
music isn't particularly good control though, as a rudimentary language
my discourse with you right now is far superior control
>>
>>38806440
>Why do I feel close to god when I play this?

Because Richard uses micro-tonal tuning to give your brain non-conventional frequencies that are more closely harmonized to your internal rhythms something of which is uncommon due to the structure of commonly taught music composition and theory. Combine this with his natural skill of composition and the choice of sound produced and of course the fact its slowed even further to accentuate the ethereal textures of the original and that is why it sounds so beyond our earth.

tl;dr its all in your head man
>>
>>38807189
I know Richard makes particularly good music but he isn't the only one that can tap into this. There is an objective quality to music that exists outside of the human mind.

>>38807181
Communication has existed long before music, and you've still yet to actually prove independently created music is all made for the same purpose.

Where does the control come in? Does a garageband have the same level of "control" as Justin Bieber? Why?
>>
I hate music and people who are easily bewitched by repetitive noises and harmonic sine waves and their overtones.
>>
>>38807342
>I hate music
But you've downloaded multiple video game OSTs, probably even within the last month. Correct?
>>
>>38806440
Extension of ones soul for a particular moment in time without using the actual descriptive words. It transcends literal interpretation and boundries leaving only emotional contexts. It brings everyone to a precise moment in time together.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.