[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here has worked cash register at a grocery store? Post horror

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 33

Who here has worked cash register at a grocery store? Post horror stories

>work with retarded bag boy who constantly bullies me
>can't do shit about it because he's retarded
>>
>>38803519

Retards make fun of each other. It's what we do.
>>
I asked a woman credit or debit and she whispered something I didn't hear, so I asked again and she loudly said EBT. I realized what I had done and laughed, my nervous twitch. I think that's why they stopped shifting me.
>>
File: shoppingcucks.jpg (1MB, 2552x2496px) Image search: [Google]
shoppingcucks.jpg
1MB, 2552x2496px
>>38803519
>have to do a job I was hired to do
>the horror

lol millenials are the fucking worst why don't you go live in a dustbowl and have your kids wear dresses made from potato sacks before you bitch about how "hard it is to bring a child into today's world."

The world has changed, but for the better. Another thing that has changed is millenials are a bunch of entitled pussies who are too good to even push a shopping cart.
>>
it's actually been alright this year. just annoying to work so much but I don't mind being on the job for the most part

last year was terrible. didn't know how to do checks or tax exempts or rainchecks, also was always moving because they were less lax about cashiers standing around. this year my bosses don't give a shit
>>
>>38803519
Honestly, I can't really complain. The only bad thing about it is when they put me in the '10 items at most' line and I have to explain people that 15 or 20 > 10. They always get pretty mad for some reason. What do they expect to happen?
>>
File: 1501420187824.gif (388KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501420187824.gif
388KB, 400x600px
>>38804260
This image made me realize how good I have it.

Sure, I push carts and its fucking hot right now. Not the best job but a job's a job I guess.
Don't even complain about it cause no one'll listen and I hate to sound like a whiny cunt.

Oh well.

>>38803519
No horror stories yet, I jump on the register whenever the line gets way too big.
>>
File: 1440820503700.png (550KB, 1360x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1440820503700.png
550KB, 1360x1360px
>>38804260
We aren't complaining about the job you autist, we are telling you about the stupid fucked up shit we see that regular pedestrians pull without and regards of others safety

I work at a hardware store and found a fucking propane tank left in a cart because some stupid mother fucking asshole cuntface nigger didn't want to pay the fee to recycle it.

I have literally seen paint cans left in carts catch on fire in some dudes fucking care, not his fault but still.

The shit I personally have to deal with wasn't in the job description, I'm not asking for higher wages or anything but I'm fucking frustrated by the lack of concern and fucking brain cells so many gd damn stupid fucking idiots have for reality by leaving explosive shit around for a fucking kid like me to find that coul have been sitting in the sun for an hour.

so shut the fuck up. I bet you have literally never worked a fucking job beyond sitting on your ass sucking on the cocks daddy tells you to suck
>>
>>38804532
this. you should see these idiots on the self-checkout. they'll yell at me because I'm a low-level employee that couldn't abandon his post for 10 minutes to scan and bag for them
had a guy the other day who keep calling the machine a "piece of fucking shit" and told me on the way out he was never coming back again. what does he expect me to do for him
>>
File: peace.jpg (424KB, 2200x1452px) Image search: [Google]
peace.jpg
424KB, 2200x1452px
>>38804532
Heh. This is the end result of tying your self-worth to the job you do. You can do your job, but only up to the point where you encounter a situation where you believe yourself subservient to others. With your self-worth entangled with the job you do, that means doing things for others means YOU are inferior to them.

The natural reaction to this, is of course, anger. You make yourself angry and shift the blame to others.

In the interest of helping you, I suggest forgetting about other people. Next time you see a propane tank left in a cart, don't think of it as a tank some human left behind, just imagine that sometimes things just materialize like in a video game. Random encounters. Your whole job is just random encounters with messes and menial tasks.

That should save you some frustration. You're welcome.
>>
File: 1501183911470.png (21KB, 125x97px) Image search: [Google]
1501183911470.png
21KB, 125x97px
>>38804623
jesus fucking christ do you read anything you say? I'm not even sure I'm listening to someone that has made a coherent sentence in the past 6 months.

Please, if whatever you do in your spare time can sustain you without contacting humans again I suggest you continue this; I assume it's staying on/v/ or somehting similar.
>>
>working in the checkstand like normal, the store is dead
>some local lady and her retarded 5yo comes in
>the kid starts running around inside the checkstand and touching everything
>the mom doesn't try to stop him
>I don't try either, and my boss is there not doing anything about it
PUT YOUR ANIMAL ON A LEASH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: leaf.jpg (278KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
leaf.jpg
278KB, 1920x1200px
>>38804723
I'm sorry your defense mechanisms won't allow you to see what I am telling you. It's very deeply ingrained in most people, they have to protect the notion of superiority in their minds at all costs.

I can scarcely imagine the fallout of this delusion being stripped from you. So don't feel bad, you aren't the first and you aren't the last and it's arguably not your fault anyway.
>>
File: 1501360845913.jpg (222KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1501360845913.jpg
222KB, 504x470px
>>38804782
LIFE ISN'T A FUCKING VIDEO GAME

THERE WAS A MAN IN THIS WORLD WHO LEFT A DANGEROUS EXPLOSIVE IN A SPOT THAT WILL HAVE INEVITABLY EXPLODED AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST PERSON TO HAVE BEEN AFFECTED

THERE IS A MAN IN THIS WORLD THAT HAD AN IDEA OF WHO I AM, MY LIFE, MY GOALS, EVERYTHING I AM AND HE THOUGHT NOTHING AS HE PUT A FUCKING PROPANE TANK IN A CART AND DROVE OFF. A MAN THAT DIDN'T KNOW ME HAD PRACTICALLY ATTEMPTED MURDER ON ME.

YOU UNDERSTAND ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU LITERALLY DO NOTHING BUT EXPERIENCE FAKE REALITY. LIFE ISN'T A VIDEO GAME. I CAN'T RESPAWN.

GO OUTSIDE AND EXPERIENCE LIFE. BECAUSE RIGHT NOW IT FEELS LIKE I'M BEING GIVEN UNWANTED SEX ADVICE BY A 9 YEAR OLD DOWNS SYNDROME PATIENT
>>
>>38804878
>9 year old downs syndrome patient

I agree, Asuka is a shit
>>
File: godzilla.jpg (298KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla.jpg
298KB, 1200x1200px
>>38804878
>can't respawn

sounds like the best kind of game. And you beat that level didn't you? But if you really want to play a new game, why don't you tell me if the can was full, and what temperature it takes a propane tank sitting in the sun to explode at.

I understand those things are quite routinely used outside and in proximity to very hot flames. I am surprised to hear your assertion they would explode merely sitting in a shopping cart.
>>
>>38804260
Everybody complains about their job, at least sometimes. It's just a way for workers to socialize, bond, and pass the time.
As long as the work gets done, there's nothing wrong with workers bantering and letting off steam after hours.
>>
>>38803519
I liked it when I got promoted to cashier because I wasn't asked to do restroom checks anymore (never did it anyway or I'd just put some yellow tape around a mess - the janitor cleaned the restrooms every morning.)
>>
File: 1498133637376.jpg (151KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498133637376.jpg
151KB, 500x360px
>>38804623
>>38804782
>hurr burr lif is a vidogam
>ddurr im writing in a manner that might reflect me as an intelligent person on a fucking taiwanese turtle shell imagination forum
>zurr i like to avatar fag

listen here you vapid cunt, this thread is about brainlets like you who people that work in service sector meet daily, this thread is less about trash talk and more about the absolute batshit insane mentalgymnastics people are capable of.
>>
File: 1458607563565.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458607563565.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>38804782
I want you to go into a grocery store or supermarket and while you aren't on camera or nobody is looking make a huge fucking mess in one of the ailes.
Pull things off the aile, break stuff, specifically grab a huge amount of things in a cart like food and shove all the food over by the car oil etc.
Do this knowing you are doing it on purpose. Then leave the store as discretely as possible without buying any substantial amount of items. When you come back to that store check to see if all those things you fucked up are still there.
They won't be. You know why? Because some guy who gets paid less than a combo meal at Burger King an hour had to take time out of his other duties, such as actually putting new product on the floor or taking expired product off, to clean up the shitty mess you left.
Now imagine all that but instead of doing any of it on purpose you did it because you were a lazy cunt who couldn't be bothered to walk your stupid ass across an open, air conditioned, organized building to put something back where you found it.
>>
File: laughs.jpg (72KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
laughs.jpg
72KB, 800x800px
>>38804986
okay I imagined it. what do i do after I laugh
>>
>>38804962
well I am talking about mental gymnastics too
>>
>total the transaction
>customer wants to pay for part of it with their card and the other half in cash
>register won't allow me to do cash first, have to do card first
>type in the amount they will pay with card, they pay that part
>customer then realizes they don't have enough money after all
>because part of the transaction is tendered, register won't let me remove items, cancel the transaction, or change prices
>have to do 'transaction void' which involves tendering the rest as cash, then deleting the transaction afterward, refunding the customer's card
>sometimes their refund doesn't immediately appear in their bank account
>they get mad at me and think I'm trying to scam them or something
>even if everything goes right, they still get mad at me because it takes so long
I should really quit working at Dollar General. I don't know if I should be angry at the company for having shitty registers that do shit like this, or the customer for not even knowing how much money they have.
>>
I never worked cash. I think it was probably obvious to the management that I would do a poor job of it. Was bag boy. Customers were fine. Management was constantly micromanaging though. Performance reviews every three months. They had a specific script I was supposed to follow that made no sense. Like after putting groceries in to a person's care I was supposed to thank them. That was the opposite of how the conversation tends to go in that situation; customer would always thank ME for bringing out their groceries, then I'm supposed to say thanks right back? Incidentally this is the only job I have had where I came very close to getting fired.

>one of the other baggers was a middleaged retard potato
>he seemed to really enjoy the job
>evidentally once while bringing groceries out for a customer he looked at his watch, realized it was his break time, immediately let go of the cart and headed back inside
>parking lot was on an incline
>cart rolled all the way down
>hit curb
>tipped over and sent the customers groceries flying
>>
>>38804260
why do people who are "millenials" try to troll other "millenials" about why its so bad being a "millenial"? Is this the new shitposting trend? To act like a baby boomer or something?
>>
File: 1500521808922.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1500521808922.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>38803519
Work at krogers. They put me everywhere
>cashier
>30 year old man buying 1 man groceries
>card declined
>declined 2 more times
>pulls out cash
>$2 short
>opens milk and takes a swig
>sets it on the counter and takes his bags
Some shit out of icarly

>drunk fat man delivering haymakers to wife
>shoppers beat his ass before cops come

>methhead roastie bagger doing fucking hits in the mens bathroom stall
>bathroom smelled like crack
>didnt report because it was fun watching her freak out
>she also did her job faster

>stocking frozen foods
>chad filming some instagram shit or vlog
>shirtless
>does handstand on cart handles to do push downs
>cart tips over
>smashes teeth
>crying and spitting blood
>leaves with entourage
>tell him have a good evening

>pajeet straight outta curryland trying to haggle with cashier
>yelling
>manager comes out
>red as fuck
>one beat increase in heart rate away from cardiac arrest
>knife hands yelling at jeet
>ends with him getting physically removed
>yells FUCK before going into office

>groid tried paying for $200 worth of alcohol with ebt
>ran it anyway
>>
>>38805086
You praise yourself for being a master baiter (HURR DURR) then kys____
>>
>Pajeet

God I hate Indian Customers.
>>
File: question.png (418KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
418KB, 600x802px
>>38805152
everyone who disagrees with me is a troll

what's life like when you dismiss everything as a sinister conspiracy theory to trick you into believing irrelevant bullshit? I guess I mean to say, schizophrenia?
>>
I've worked POS at Kohls.
>>
>>38805152
yeah this.
I've had old people ask me if I'm happy it's friday and I tell them sure. sometimes they share my distress for my job. I never openly show any resentment to employment and my cashier poker face is spot on, but lots of the older folk will come up to me and talk about how shitty my job must be.

So I think the only types of people to have started the whole "complain about millennials" fad are those rich cunts that didn't even experience what life was like for their own generation but thanks to the internet they actually have to hear about us and they suddenly have this fucking reality check after 50 years.
>>
>>38803519
>filling shelves at the store
>old lady walks past me (protocol dictates we have to drop everything we do and greet customers and ask if they need anything if one passes us)
>"Good morning mam, can i help you with anything?"
>*looks at me with mixture of shock and disgust*
>"No you can't!" *briskly walks away*
>well okay then, continue filling the shelves
>after i finish that run into manager
>"Anon i heard a complaint about you from a customer"
>wat "oh? what did i do wrong?"
>"the customer said you were rude to her and refused to help her"
>wat wat "i only met one customer while filling and i greeted her and asked if she needed help"
>"i don't want to hear your excuses, get your act together if you want to keep your job"
>"ok"
Still don't know how i was rude to her, i followed protocol to the letter and still got shit from the manager
>>
>>38805331
jesus fucking christ I know this feel anon.
>>
File: 1490143377612.gif (57KB, 393x379px) Image search: [Google]
1490143377612.gif
57KB, 393x379px
>female managers or assistant managers
>>
>tfw get in a bad mood
>I work in a shitty garden shop on the side of a hardware store and supervisors are very lax
>it's fucking busy as shit
>the sun is burning me and I feel psychotic
>I'm trying to watch my tone but my chip reader is busted and ladies keep coming up to me with dead plants asking for discounts instead of just getting a regular plant
>giving a discount requires a manager's account number and his password
>often times they give that shit out but other times they just type it in themselves and hide it from me
>I need to type in the manager's code every transaction
>this one lady comes in with the shittiest attitude
>literally screaming because there was a bit of background noise
>it made me actually happy to have had someone justify my anger and I actually calmed down
>>
File: 1479772440324.jpg (6KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1479772440324.jpg
6KB, 200x193px
>>38805410
>they think you have a crush on them and they don't help you as much anymore and start avoiding you.
>>
>>38805331
Trader Joe's?
>>
>>38805410
>females in any position of power
>oh i have slightly increased pay and a menial title? well time to crank this reich into 3rd gear and go down with the ship

>senior female co-worker gets promoted to AM
>everybody is happy for her, we get her pastries and small gifts to congratulate her
>2 weeks later she starts to act like a warden in prison, does no work apart from breathing down on everyones necks
>higher up thinks her harassment is good motivation
>she gets even more annoying, people start to get sick of her
>one day we hear she and the new guy got fired
>turns out she was shagging the new guy on breaks in the staff toilets
>person X walked in on them and reported them to the higher up
>both fired in the same day
>peace returns to the aisles once more
Heard rumors that she "forced" the new guy to do that by threatening his job, poor sap, got raped and lost his job
>>
>>38805410
>tfw your mid thirties manager will never sit on your face.
feels bad man.
>>
File: 1500898343735.jpg (88KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1500898343735.jpg
88KB, 1024x576px
>>38805243
Here, take it. Come now you deserve it, for all the effort youve put in this thread. Go treat yourself to something nice.
>>
>manager schedules both of you for 6AM shift
>get there at 5:55
>manager doesn't show up
>call manager at 6:15, no answer
>manager calls at 6:30 and says she's taking a vacation day
>>
>>38805669
>she
Pray that she get genital warts from her slooze trip
>>
I literally switched to CAP 2 in Walmart because they kept throwing me on a register as I was trying to zone and then now they throw me on a register and yell at me for not getting freight done fast so now I don't take my 15 minute breaks and take only 30 minute lunches...
>>
>>38803519
>mfw I am the retarded bag boy
>>
File: 1477158944480.jpg (172KB, 1104x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1477158944480.jpg
172KB, 1104x1104px
>>38804260
So much fucking this. I work cash register at a grocery store like OP, and it's probably been the best time of my life. It's not much, but at least I'm doing something instead of sitting in the basement wasting air. I feel a lot better about myself, too.
>>
File: bwiah.jpg (8KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
bwiah.jpg
8KB, 320x283px
>>38806034
Who could be behind this post?
The nose knows
>>
File: 46Zfvki.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
46Zfvki.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
>>38806087
I like my job so I must be a Jew. Perfect logic, faggot.
God I'm starting to hate this board and everyone that comes here.
>>
File: 1499421150455.jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499421150455.jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
>>38806121
>I work at grocery store
>Best time of my life
Either you're retarded or driving noseberg agenda
>>
File: 1447797719157.gif (2MB, 303x277px) Image search: [Google]
1447797719157.gif
2MB, 303x277px
>>38806121
Are you at least enjoying those peanuts they are giving you as pay for spending irreplaceable amounts of time standing in one spot doing a job that a machine can and regularly does?
>>
>>38806185
not everyone can handle the neet life, he's probably an extroverted guy that was lonely sitting in his house all day with no human connections. That would also explain why he's getting sick of /r9k/ (an anti-extrovert board)
>>
>>38806199
I enjoy getting paid to stand in place all day, it's easy for me to get lost in my own mind so I don't care how much time I waste.
>>
File: 1492382866108.jpg (24KB, 427x384px) Image search: [Google]
1492382866108.jpg
24KB, 427x384px
>>38806185
Probably retarded, then. I don't care. At least I'm doing fucking something.
>>38806199
I don't give a shit about the pay or the fact that a machine could do my job. I'm just glad to be somewhere doing something five days of the week instead of sitting and rotting in my tiny-ass room playing the same games and drinking the same brand of soda and walking around the same neighborhood when I get bored. I have fun at work, it's an environment where I can people-watch 24/7, I have friends for the first time. Working is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. The only things I spend my money on is a new vidya occasionally.
>>38806248
Yup, probably this.
>>
>tfw so retarded I would probably try to stab the first person who gave me a little sass
And they wonder why I don't start off working retail
>>
>>38804962
I think asuka anon was merely trying to advise people to resist defining themselves by their jobs/positions in society. Complaining is fine, because sometimes people are jerks, or life circumstances are annoying, but thinking you're too good for something presumably implicates that you would happily look down on others below you if you were in a higher position. The point is to be kind to yourself and others. It's okay to aspire to do something else, but thinking of work as below you indicates poor character. Of course, many with poor character are highly successful; it just depends on what you care about more. I would personally rather be meek than mean. Unless it was a life or death situation. People conflate social success with survival because they're animals, but maybe it doesn't have to be that way. I don't know if asuka anon would agree with all of this but I wanted to say it anyway.
>>
>>38806325
i think asuka anon was a retard with a superiority complex but hes convinced himself its not a superiority complex and that other people instead just have bad complexes in their brains
the dudes fucking retarded bro
>>
>oh boy i can't wait to do menial tasks for shit pay from 9 to 5
>maybe if i work hard enough i get to be employee of the month and get no extra pay for it
>nothing says good job like lack of promotions within the company
>oh they are replacing 75% of the work force with temp workers, oh gee i hope noseberg doesn't fire me ive been such a good boy
>>
>high school job
>on cash
>get high on break
>fucking up
>line gets bigger
>start laughing at how big the line is
>some pajeet buying 20 cartons of milk isn't impressed

I ended up losing that job
>>
>>38806433
>getting fucked up at work
>ignoring your assignment
Were you trying to get fired? i don't see the end game with this plan
>>
What's the hardest job in a grocery store?
>>
I don't live in the US so working cash register is actually pretty chill, people are well behaved and we have very few shitskins. You will not experience the kind of insane entitlement complex often shown by american soccer moms and others, and I make around 30 bucks an hour.

The worst thing currently is that we have a few customers that purposefully come into the store about 5 minutes before closing time just to talk to the employees (because there won't be any people in the cash register line), and sometimes the cashiers don't have the heart to tell these misfits and psychos to gtfo.
>>
>>38804623
>LOL JUST PRETEND REAL LIFE IS A VIDEO GAME AND NOT REAL LIFE!
I already knew robots weren't the sharpest tools in the shed, but holy fuck
>>
>>38806509
Cleaning the fresh meat department or warehouse or the clerk that takes complaint / returned items
>>
>>38806599

i started in produce, i guess its good i dont have either of those
>>
>>38806509
The "heaviest" department is probably fruit and vegs, but stocking dry shelves is probably more stressful.
Easiest is probably dairy, you can spend a large part of your day just refilling shit from behind without having to talk to customers.
>>
I work the shoe department at Kohls.
People who rip out shoes and leave them around without their lids should be fucking hanged.
>>
>>38803519
I had a weird lady who came up to me one time.

> taking care of customers minding own business.
> crazy black lady comes up to me and says "I'm going to read this magazine in the subway"
> call manager. she gets talked to and gives me go to hell look.

another time dealt with an out of state EBT card

> lady gives me ebt card. It's out of state. Register declines it because of obvious reasons.
> call manager to appease her. Manager can't get it to work.
> gets mad and storms off.
> comes back the next day and goes straight to my register. The bitch says "WE GOT THE CARD TO WORK! YOU ARE LOSING YOUR JOB!! BWAHAHA!"
> go to manager and tell them what happened.
> "no anon, we aren't firing you"

I hate customers. They can be so weird.
>>
File: 1437350762828.jpg (142KB, 1328x664px) Image search: [Google]
1437350762828.jpg
142KB, 1328x664px
>be me, cashier
>work in the nearest supermarket to a gypsy neighborhood
>every thursday fat gypsy matriarch comes with her 17 screaming small gypsies, from 4 to 12.
>actually 17 children
>every single week
>they knock shit over, they actually eat produce, they scream and scare other customers.
>manager specifically told us not to interfere because he doesnt want to get in trouble
>we are not allowed to call the police
>police wont come anyways or wont do shit if they do.
>have to put everything in order, every week
>tried talking to the old woman, told her they were breaking stuff. "Well, thats not my problem, they pay you for this, yes?"
>Pretty much same conversation twice
Fucking gypsies I swear to god. Every single week, every Thursday morning. I can hear those fucking goblins from a block away.
They eat the fucking Colacao out of the box, man.
>>
>everybody called off
>only other person on a register goes for lunch
>panic as line of 6 people forms at my only open register
>people asking me why theres no one else open and to do something about it

What the fuck did they expect me to do? Morph a second body so I could go on another register?
>>
File: disappointedpepe.jpg (75KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
disappointedpepe.jpg
75KB, 960x960px
>>38806811
Similar thing happened.

>Selling these patio stones or whatever
>dude is a regular and is known to be a loud mother fucker
>he's buying like 30 of these heavy ass tiles in shitty boxes
>the box is faded and no matter what I do the bar code wont let me scan it and gives me the wrong item
>His regular volume is my shouting voice
>he's starting to get annoyed at me for telling him the item isn't scanning
>I can just manually put the code in to get the item
>comes up as a differnt size and different price
>"IT SAYS RIGHT ON THE SHELF THE PRICE WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT A DIFFERNT PRICE
>"sir I'm not in charge of what the prices are, and sometimes the code is priced wrong"
>I forgot what happened in the conversation but I basically told him to ask the service desk where the manager is
>officially not my problem now

Afterwards I was assigned to put all the carts away for the night, which is a relaxing job to be honest. I then saw him loading the tiles into his van and we as we made eye contact he just yells
>"SEE, THEY WERE ACTUALLY $??.99"
>"Good for you sir"
>later hear manager and supervisors all shit talking the guy
>>
>>38806862
what country and why wont the police do shit? why is this allowed? I'm not suggesting euthanizing but what the hell
>>
>>38807706
>WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT A DIFFERENT PRICE
ALL I DO IS SCAN IT YOU INBRED FUCK I DONT MAKE THE PRICES JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
>>38807794
Have you ever been caught unexpected by a customer shouting that you just have a moment of cold sweat and aching pain across your body?

had a fucking rude ass chinese lady just scream "HUH?" because a plant came up to $7.99 and not $1. it was such a fucking overeaction that my body responded weird
>>
>>38805410
Just got a new female manager at my work, no idea what her job was before but it must've been something important because she was instantly promoted before even doing a day of work.
She's pretty cute and is actually genuinely nice as well. Pretty useless though, there's been times when I actually required assistance and she could do jack shit.
>>
>>38807857
>customer gives me money
>I cash it out
>he grabs some more change
>I'm a retard which is why I have this job and I can't do math
>give him the wrong change back
>gets pissy and yells at me
>"THIS IS THE DUMBEST GENERATION IS DECADES, YOU PEOPLE CANT EVEN DO BASIC MATH"
>just give him whatever he says
>he leaves the store
>>
File: 1496768933345.png (52KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
1496768933345.png
52KB, 203x209px
>>38807991
I don't blame you, i was bad at change for a long time, I'm way better now.
I've learned to never close the til
until I've counted the change and I know for sure it's right.

But here's a story
>giving change back
>the computer breaks and freezes
>I ask a supervisor for assistance
>he's trying to do a debug
>it's clearly not about the change but a problem with the server
>Customer: "haha that must be the shitty math they teach you in school"
>Me, the Supervisor, a manager and 2 cashiers give him the worst fucking stink eye
>even some customers look embarrassed for him
>customer shuts the fuck up and looks embarrassed, leaves after we fix the problem and give him his fucking $2.45
>I feel some slight justice that day
>>
>>38807736
Spain.
>why dont the police do shit
Because gypsy hoods are a complicated business.
They are mostly self-suficient. "Normal" people just move out when it starts getting too gyspsy, and more gypsies move in. This one is a final stage. They dont pay electricity, they steal it directly from the powerlines. Their buildings are officially empty, so they dont pay rent. They dont pay any sort of taxes.
Its basically a nomad camp, but in a hood.
Now, this places are usually very packed, low-income buildings. The kind with 30 apartments per flat. Streets blocked with cars, makeshift houses, people just hanging out on the street.

They dont actually bother anyone, usually, so everyone thinks they dont exist in this city. Im pretty sure im the only white contact this woman has.
Police knows whats up. They wont get any straight answer from anyone. Shes not going to pay any sort of ticket. The general consensus is that if we just let them be, they will live their own life. Which would be fine if that woman hit her kids with a rolled newspaper like the pests they are.

We could call the police, and they could arrest her, or something. But we would probably be robbed by next week. Not worth it, imho.
>>
File: 1480894650883.jpg (26KB, 211x350px) Image search: [Google]
1480894650883.jpg
26KB, 211x350px
>>38803519
>working at register
>accidentally type in wrong item number
>it adds a random item thats 100$
>scan in next one
>realize
>i can only cancel the most previous one
>the guy buying is still suspecting nothing
>think that if I press cancel item button twice it should move up in the list
>it just adds the last item twice as a negative value
>total sum is now fucked as hell
>look up
>the guy is onto me
>internalscreeching.webm
>continue scanning all his items to get time to think
>he notices the 100$ item, says its no big deal and just keeps 100 from the total sum
>now I am missing 96.30$ because previous double negative
>we count the money after every shift
>the guy is long gone so he can't back me up to explain the situation
>my shift ends, im sweating bullets
>go up to office, hope that noone is there so I can let this slip by
>tfw manager and 2 colleagues are sitting there
>hands are shaking when I grab the calculator
>boss sitting right next to me
cont.
>>
>>38808152
being in the new world makes me glad I don't have to deal with idiots that couldn't survive the boat trip
>>
File: 1494902405286.png (210KB, 280x605px) Image search: [Google]
1494902405286.png
210KB, 280x605px
>>38807857
>Item doesnt have a upc on it
>customer gets livid and confused when you cant magically scan something and type in how much they say it is

YES I DO HAVE TO CALL THE CSM TO CHECK IT OUT YOU CUNT
>>
I do seafood at superstore, I'll dump some stories.
>dealing with live crab shipment
>somebody fucking whistles at me
>it's two Pajeets
>one holds out a phone with google translate on it
>"how much are the shrimp" translated from Hindi or Urdu or some shit, while he points at the lobster tank
>d-do you mean the lobsters? The sign is right there
>no response
>look at his friend
>no response
>they leave
>>
>>38806811
>be random lady
>feeling happy
>share with nice employee about how I'm gonna read this magazine on the subway
>he calls the manager
>>
>>38808283
Cont.
>leave building after work
>hear shouting and see a shirtless pajeet in the parking lot
>start walking to car
>he starts fucking sprinting towards me
>get spooked and run to the side
>he changes course and runs towards a confused driver looking for a spot
>quickly get in car and leave as the grocerystore cops come out to talk to him
>>
File: sdbn.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
sdbn.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>38804260
>go to work
>something extraordinary, disturbing, or "horrific" occurs
>talk about it later
>get shit on by projecting 34 year old roastie

Sorry the eternal boomer got to you dear.
>>
>>38808602
>talking with friend from meat department
>apparently someone bought a bunch of live crabs from my department and then just left them in one of meat's frozen aisles after the bag broke
>he had to collect crabs that were crawling all over raw meat just because some dipshit couldn't be arsed to return live animals to their place literally 10 feet away
>>
>>38808701
nice little anti-boomer meme you piece of shit, this is probably why you get shit on at work
>>
>>38808177
>45 minutes
>doesn't continue

ok fine, eat shit then ass hole.
>>
>>38803519

the only job i could get as a teenager was working in the white ghetto of my shitty town, all the people were basically on benefits there (welfare)

all their children would be stealing everyday, i pretended not to notice because if you stand up to the little shits you'll be labeled a pedo. (lesson learnt after it happen to other people)

constantly the shit people who were on benefits would give stupid comments like 'smile it might never happen' and 'why are you doing this job? are you stupid?' my favourite....

they would try to scam you everyday saying 'you didn't give me my change' or returning angrily and claiming 'you didn't give me my pack of fags that i PAID FOR' *they show the receipt*
only thing they bought was a pack of 20. so you tell me who is lying, who the fuck would walk out empty handed after paying 5.20 or whatever it was those almost 20 years ago now.

drunk chavs used to try to buy more booze every night, an old drunk burn out chav one night was so drunk in the queue one night he actually dropped his bottles that smashed and fell over!

one night a very large bald headed man and his manlet friend turned up, the guy was 6'8 or some shit and he was wide too, an actualy giant, and he bought 2 trays of shots. after he paid for his shots, he opened up the packaging and him and his friend starting drinking their shots and slamming them on the counter whilst there was a whole queue of other scum in line waiting in line but too afraid of the giant to say anything (usually they are brave and shout HURRY UP if things are taking too long), 5 minutes later the guy was done and i cleared up the counter of his mess and pretended it didn't happen....

had retarded and drunk managers, one who lost his job because he was stealing all the money lol

there's more but i cba to tell it,

for any britfaggots, the co-op i worked in was in gosport, not far from the green dragon in the shittest part of gosport, rowner/bridgemary lol
>>
>>38808772
>implying I'm an office drone instead of [real man's job]
Even easy mode has it's downs. You have my sympathy.
>>
>be me
>be shopping for groceries
>put item into the cart
>realize I don't want it 5 minutes later
>take it out and put it on another shelf
>checking out shoes
>try on some shoes
>can't remember where I left the box
>put the shoes on top of some other top box

if I were to hypothetically do this, how mad would grocery store workers be?
>>
>>38809027
Walmart is not a grocery store.
>>
>>38809027
Depends.
If you were in a grocery store and you did this with an item that needs to be refrigerated we would have to throw it out which would cause mild anger, if it didn't need to be refrigerated then it's no big deal but if not a passive annoyance.
>>
>>38803519
I worked at IKEA at the Customer Service desk. It is basically like cash register but only people with returns/ problems will come to you. I can post a few stories.
The most normal conversation goes like this:
>'Yes hello, i want to return this'
>'Sir, you can't return your plant. They are not eligible.'
>'Why? I returned my Chairs last week and your collegau assured me I can also return my plant!!'
>'Well can you point my collegue? I will talk to him or her and we will find a solution for you.'
>'I want to speak to the manager!'
>I call up the head of customer support and he tells the guy/woman the same story.
>'Well, I will never shop at your buisiness ever again!!!!!'
>Customer turns up next week to return something new.
>>
>find birthday candles in my department
>start walking around looking for their place
>ask other workers and none of them know
>end up on other side of the store while I have shit I should be attending to
>give it to customer service and tell them I don't know were it goes
>reception bitch says "next time just put it back in it's place" in the most bitchy way imaginable"

What a fucking cunt, I have shit to do and that's not part of my job.
>>
>>38803519
Do you live in the south by any chance?
>>
File: 1501599685553.jpg (57KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1501599685553.jpg
57KB, 645x773px
>>38803519
>assigned to the max 10 items register
>a middle aged woman comes with more than 10 items and puts them up before I can count them
>fine whatever, I scan the things and she pays
>puts the things back into the rolling basket that is not supposed to leave the store
>I tell her that she can't leave the store with the basket
>she goes out with it anyway
>alarm triggers, she starts to shout at me why can't she take the basket
>says that I should carry the things to her car
>"I'm not allowed to leave the register ma'am, but I can call someone to bring you a cart"
>she insist on using the basket, says she will leave her document's with me to prove she will return it
>"I cannot do that the alarm will go off"
>she turns to the other customers and yells that I am incompetent and that my I have zero IQ and that the customer is always right
>she leaves all the stuff on the floor and goes to talk to my manager for a refund
To be completely honest, crazy customers at least broke the monotony of this menial job. Worked 6 days a week and every night I just hoped that I would not wake up the next day. Also the pay was shit.
>>
>>38809643
>customer comes up with a plant to buy
>comes up as a dollar more than she expected
>"I thought it was lower!?"
>"Well it isn't"
>"Well I'm not buying it!!"
>"ok?"

Why do old bitches think their business matters at all?
>>
>>38805119
>tfw I can actually relate to this

feels so alien to actually have a job and relate to other humans on something

customers are fucking unbearable. they think we are the experts on the till despite maybe having worked there for 2 months or so. Problem is my position cant even do post transaction void, you have to call a supervisor to do it for you because we dont have permissions so it takes even longer and the customer gets so triggered yet its the company that have put us in the position of being totally powerless in front of the tills.
>>
>>38809787
>was

you aren't working there still?
>>
>>38810069
Worked there for a year then quit. Couldn't take it anymore.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.