[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone red-pill me on how to get to sleep easier and stay

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1491507303614.jpg (47KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1491507303614.jpg
47KB, 619x453px
Someone red-pill me on how to get to sleep easier and stay asleep better.
>>
>>38796431
get blackout curtains
sleep in a room with no electronic devices
exercise
b urself
>>
No caffiene within 3-4 hours of wanting to sleep, and ideally no heavy amounts of sugar either.

Flux / gaming glasses / cell phone app to block out blue light a few hours from sleep time. Ideally no screen at all an hour before attempted sleep.

Melatonin if you want a fairly safe sleep aid, take at same time each night till you're back on a normal sleep schedule. Don't take long-term.

Don't eat right before bed. Try and eat within a 10 hour window each day, and never before bed. You'll be busy digesting and won't be properly rested.

Don't take your cell phone to bed, don't get in your bed and read, only go to bed for sleep. This will train your body to realize it's time for sleep when you get in bed and nothing else.
>>
>>38796469
>>38796444
What should I be wearing to bed? It's currently winter here.
>>
File: 1483509208181.png (212KB, 1313x490px) Image search: [Google]
1483509208181.png
212KB, 1313x490px
Eat breakfast at the exact same time every day. It helps regulate your circadian rhythm a lot.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>38796469
>gaming glasses
>>
>>38796431
Sleep is for the weak and feeble.

I started writing again and i'm writing up a storm with my novel all night every night. 3am, witching hour motherfucker. That's my noon.
>>
>>38796504
>tfw you never know when your next meal will be

I can't do it anon. That's asking too much. My life is a mess.
>>
>>38796431
Im rewatching the anime i like without subs
The idea that i may learn something gets me sleepy
Never play games late at night
9pm you go watch anime from your bed
1 episode of serious anime
then 1 episode of comedy or slice of life
10pm you lay on your side to rest your eyes
You wake up at 7am
Dont watch those asmr rain or driving sounds
They only work for normal people
If you like rain like me your brain will stay active and you wont fall asleep
Being tired helps too
If you are neet try doing some exercises before bed
>>
Maintain a cooler body with warmer feet; where bedsocks and where possible sleep with little clothing and only sheets. You want your body to be comfortably cool whilst your feet remain super warm
>>
>>38796758
Agreed.
*snorts a track*
>>
File: 1490798308300.png (229KB, 492x426px) Image search: [Google]
1490798308300.png
229KB, 492x426px
>>38796947
This
lower temperature is one of signals to the brain that night is falling
Your body needs to produce more heat so you start hibernating to preserve energy
I use very puffy quilt with bark like sheets wich stays really cool throught the night
Blanket just feels to warm
On summer you can just lay on top of it and in winter its really comfy.
That chilly touch from quilt feels like cuddling with a cloud.
>>
>>38796431
melatonin
zma
>>
>>38796735
Whatever you want to call them. They do the same thing as the flux app, in that they block out the blue light that tricks your brain into thinking it's sunny outside. I have an old pair of Gunnar's I use from time to time.

>>38796477
I dunno, I sleep naked with 1 blanket always. Last I've heard is that humans sleep the most ideal in the cold, but I don't know if that means you should be a bit colder when you sleep, or if you can bundle up heavily.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.