[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting braces in a few days (maybe tomorrow, maybe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13

File: silver-braces.jpg (160KB, 1000x611px) Image search: [Google]
silver-braces.jpg
160KB, 1000x611px
I'm getting braces in a few days (maybe tomorrow, maybe next week).

I'm 23 yrs old, what can i expect?

also, braces thread, share your experiences.
>>
>>38795001
It'll hurt a bit in the beginning but it really isn't that bad. People might take notice of it, but I doubt there's anyone who has a stick so far up there ass that they go out of there way to make fun of you. Afterwards you might have to wear a retainer at night for awhile. Having braces really isn't as bad as people say desu.
>>
dont do it if you dont want suicidal thoughts

you cant eat,it hurts and you will speak like petyr baelish
>>
>>38795055
>and you will speak like petyr baelish
my shides.
>>
File: 1497995401164.jpg (48KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1497995401164.jpg
48KB, 500x499px
23 year old that got braces this same year
do it OP
at first you indeed speak weird and they hurt, but if they are good material you will soon see changes and its gonna be worth it. Unless your mouth is a fucking mess it shouldnt take more than 2-3 years. Also believe me, no one gives a shit. Half my friends barely noticed i have braces (although they never saw me when i still spoke weird). Another advice, besides trying to get good ones, dont bother with invisible braces. Also, try to use metallic. Is cheaper and a better material so you will have less of that shitty "the wire just snapped on my mouth" situation.
>>
>>38795346
How expensive were your braces?
>>
They don't really help at this age if your teeth aren't a complete mess. Doctor jew often prescribes them only to get your insurance shekels.
>>
>>38795001
Spend a bit more, get invisible ones.

People take you seriously and it improves your jawline slightly
>>
>>38795001
Also 23, kinda want to get braces
>>
How do they attach them are the glued on?
>>
>>38795055
Wrong
>>38795935
Not him but Canadian gubmint covered the cost
>>38796611
Don't
>>38796701
Glue then a wire between em

Any questions il be glad to help
>>
30yo fag here, gonna have to wear them to prepare for jaw surgery (tfw jawlet)
i'll be wearing them 3 months before and 3 months after from what my doc told me.
>>
>>38796741
>Don't
why not, what's the explanation
>>
I'm getting braces in a few weeks too. From what I heard, they hurt after they put them on for like a week and then everytime you get them tightened for around 4-5 days.
Eat soft food in those days because you won't be able to bite down.
Avoid sticky and hard foods because they could break your brackets. Avoid acidic drinks and anything that contains sugar.
You're gonna spend a lot of time cleaning your teeth and braces so you need a strong mental and patience.
But you know, it's all worth in the end when you get a perfect smile.
Good luck to us!
>>
>>38795001
Your teeth are gonna hurt and basically you'll not be able to eat properly for a few days
>>
>>38795001
wear your fucking rubber band.
>>
>>38795001
Just pray your orthodontist does a good job.

My teeth are so fucked I don't think braces are gonna work for me. Too many cavities.
Anyone here had experience with Invisalign?
>>
>>38797446
You gotta fix your cavities first.
>>
>>38797377
This.
t. 3.5 years instead of 2 years because I didn't wear the rubber band.
>>
>>38797583
Let me guess. Your IQ is under 90?
>>
>>38797710
>thinking IQ is a reliable intelligence measurement
>>
>>38795001
Got braces for 1 year

>what can I expect?
1. For the first 2 or 3 days, you will constantly bite the inner side of your cheeks. Hurts like hell. The inside of your lips will also get sore.

2. Food will get stuck in your braces, which looks disgusting

3. Depending on why you have them, braces get re-adjusted every few weeks. Everytime they do this, it will hurt like hell for a few days.

4. Sometimes, the brackets will crack off. Really annoying.

5. Avoid getting in a fight. When someone hits your mouth, the braces will rip open the inside of your lips.

The end result is it worth though.
>>
>>38797975
its what we have

still, talking about stranger's IQs online is really pathetic
>>
File: Petyr Baelish braces, lol.png (100KB, 699x466px) Image search: [Google]
Petyr Baelish braces, lol.png
100KB, 699x466px
>>38795055
>>38795129
You motherfuckers are too funny for your own good sometimes, did you know that
>>
>>38795055
>you can't eat
maybe for the first week
>it hurts
again, for the first week and for a day after you get them tightened
>you will speak like petyr baelish
my voice didn't change at all. my friends I voice chat with didn't know Ive had braces for a whole year until I told them.
>>
I stopped wearing my retainer like a year after I got them off and now it looks like I never had them. Such a waste.
>>
>>38798533
Same.
Huge waste of money and time if you're not planning on sticking with the retainer for the rest of your life.
>>
>>38798550
They have a version that's like inverted braces that's just a metal bar placed on the back of your teeth to keep them in place.
>>
>>38798562
I have those on the bottom row only.
>>
>tfw finally got braces off after 3 years of them being on
>currently wearing plastic retainer all day and all night for a month

i'd go back to braces if i could. at least i could eat with them in and didn't have to go through an unnecessarily long/troubling cleaning routine after every meal, Desu Senpai.
>>
Buy a portable water-pik and use it to clean your teeth and gums after each meal and before bed.
>>
>>38795001
>what can i expect?

Pain.
>>
>>38795001
Have fun with your mouth being torn to shit for years leaving permanent scars. Other than that, having straight teeth is nice. Hope you don't fuck them up cause repair is expensive as fuck
>>
>>38795001
I had braces when I was 16. They were cool.
Get ready to suffer for the first week after you get them. The only things I could eat for a week were yogurts and soups.
After that it's ok. Maybe a little pain for a day after you have them readjusted.
Brush them teeth nigga. I've brushed them like 5/6 times a day.
I didn't even have much problem speaking with them.
It was a pleasant experience overall. Definitely worth it.
>>
File: 1490775832518.png (275KB, 456x387px) Image search: [Google]
1490775832518.png
275KB, 456x387px
>>38795001
when you have them on, keep impeccable oral hygiene. once off take your retainers seriously or your teeth WILL move. ask for the piece of metal that is glued on to the back of your teeth, to keep them from moving. though i dont know how you would floss with that in place
>>
>>38795001
pain, constant discomfort, ulcers, food jammed in the brackets. Also if you don't wear a retainer every night after they're removed your teeth will revert back to how they were. Also gave me severe, permanent tmj.
>>
>>38800195
>Also gave me severe, permanent tmj
Thought I was the only one.
The jaw popping gets really annoying at times.
>>
>>38795001
Your breath will always smell of cheese and onion crisps and you will always have clumps of plaque mixed with creamy chyme and saliva under the wire. Don't expect to kiss anyone without them vomming until you get them off.
>>
>>38800280
>Don't expect to kiss anyone without them vomming until you get them off.
Do you know what board you're on?
>>
>>38800072
>take your retainers seriously or your teeth WILL move
This, I have one tooth that shifted back a bit and I wish I didn't let that happen.
>>
>>38795001

it hurts the first 2 Weeks but then its not a big deal, you will not even notice them.
But dont eat ham, this shit will stuck in there forever.
>>
>>38800195
in germany you normally get a permanent retainer behind your teeth.
>>
>>38800195
holy shit
whats the point if its gonna be metal backbone for the rest of your life
>>
>>38798965
stay spooky, doggio
>>
>>38798550
Do you really need to keep wearing a retainer to maintain the changes?
>>
>>38798562
>>38798576
>>38800637
can you floss with those on?
>>
>>38798965
stay spooky, doggio o
>>
>>38801252
Yes.
>>38801288
I can only floss halfway through.
>>
>>38801252
absolutely
>>38801305
whats the point if you cant get to your gums?
>>
>>38801252
Not that guy but I'm wearing mine like 4 times a week over night.
I used to ignore it for a time. I was scared as shit when I noticed that one of my teeth moved a little. Thankfully I noticed that early enough to be corrected by retainer. Since then I keep that shit in mouth over nights.
>>
>>38801312
So much for getting into fights, going to avoid at all costs or lift some weights to protect these teeth. Imagine getting knocked out with braces on.
>>
>>38795001
Braces were the worst thing to happen to my teeth. I didn't even need them but my mother forced me to get them because she really wanted a kid with braces. They were a nightmare that didn't let up and I had to get them removed prematurely. The brackets themselves cause irreparable damage to all of my molars and when I got them removed, I incurred enamel damage to every single tooth. It's been a slow process of decay ever since and there's nothing that can be done about it. Those stupid braces cost me my smile and ability to eat properly.
>>
>>38795001
Its the best to get it at age of 12-14 when puberty starts.

Depends on how fucked teeth are it could have impact on they way your mandible and maxillary grow.

Most people do not understand that mandible and maxillary need proper teeth to grow.

THats why mouth breathers look so ugly, their mandibular do not feel pressure from maxillary because mouth is open whole time.

If you had teeth fixed during puberty there is a chance that they will stay there, because they were moved while body was growing.

Moving teeth in adult is not that simple because teeth have tendency to move back to old place and it require wearing metal retainer behind your teeth whole life etc.
>>
>first month hurts for about two weeks
>notice the front teeth first to start moving into place
>every month go to orthodontist jew to swap the bands to your color choice and change wire with thicker wire
>hurts for first two days so you have to eat something soft
>gum is fine to chew
>rubber bands can be annoying
>repeat for as long as you need to
ive had mine for a year now and im getting them taken off around new years day
>>
>>38800195
>ulcers
>tmj
what in the fuck is wrong with you
>>
File: IMG_20170802_144227~2.jpg (56KB, 569x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170802_144227~2.jpg
56KB, 569x732px
>>38795001
It has been three years already
>>
>>38803157
this desu originally for sure
>>
>>38797541

But I dont wanna

original
>>
Can a 24 year old guy with braces get a date? I've been at not even trying mode since I got them year ago but my existence is suffering. Only one more year though

I mean I rationalize it so that women can find a man that doesn't have braces and is more alpha than me in every way
>>
>tfw braces are free in your country when you're a child
>didn't had them because my parents don't love or care about me

It fucking kills me, i'm so embarrassed every time i smile
>>
File: essix-retainer.jpg (11KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
essix-retainer.jpg
11KB, 640x430px
A retainer, you can expect a retainer
>>
>>38805835
Mine is dirty as shit. Time to get a new one soon. And clean it properly this time.
>>
>>38796806
when do they do jaw surgery ?
like what must happen to do that ?
>>
File: 1495566415532.png (216KB, 710x473px) Image search: [Google]
1495566415532.png
216KB, 710x473px
>>38798128
I can smell the new on you..
>>
File: laughingg.jpg (21KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
laughingg.jpg
21KB, 273x200px
>>38805744
Same, my parents were too cheap to get it for me (free until 12 year old, and 90% subsidized by the government from 12-18 yo), despite me telling them how it affects my self esteem and how I'm embarrassed to talk to people and to smile, but they never cared and just told me to basically be myself.
After going through all my young life suffering with major insecurities I've gotten braces (at full cost of $6000) when I'm 24 and it's starting to get better every time I tighten them, but I guess the fear to smile will always be there, I haven't smiled for so long my face looks really weird when I smile now, and I smile with a closed mouth as well so I just avoid it.

The damage is already done m8, but just save up money and fix your own shit for yourself. There really is no price for improving your self esteem and confidence in your own eyes, fuck our parents for neglecting us during our shaping years, just make the most of it.

>>38805631
from what I experience, people don't treat me differently or talk about my braces (25 yo here), if you can keep a conversation and look somewhat decent then the braces shouldn't really hold you back, although that depends on how shallow and immature the thot you're dating is. Generally, after the age of 18, people don't really shame or ridicule others for braces, it just feels silly to do so to a person who has a condition he's trying to fix desu
>>
>>38805969
Good to hear man, got 3000 bucks atm. It will take some time but like you said there is no price for improving your self esteem. I'm 24 too btw
>>
>>38795001
Pain. lots of pain at first. be sure they cut your wires the correct length otherwise they'll stab into your cheeks and you wont be able to chew on that side
>>
>>38805835
do you have to use those for the rest of your life?

i also need braces, but I don't understand the point if you have to wear those retainers every night.
>>
>>38795001
I had braces on my upper teeth for a year and it wasn't too bad. It takes more effort to floss, and like >>38800637 said I had to get a permanent retainer behind my four front teeth, but I rarely notice it. I wear a plastic retainer every night which tastes disgusting when I wake up.
>>
>>38807172
The point is getting straight teeth and a good bite.

>>38806431
lmao at your lives, americucks
I'm paying $800 for mine.
>>
>>38807566
>The point is getting straight teeth and a good bite.
To be honest, my teeth are only slightly uneven, and noticeably yellow. Still not as bad as brits or japs. And I don't think my bite is bad. America has high oral beauty standards desu.
>>
Do it OP, had mine when I was 20, wore them through surgery and finally got rid of them last october. Never say no to cosmetic surgery/enhancement
>>
hurts for the first two weeks, make sure to prepare soft foods. make sure to brush them AT LEAST every other day, because if you dont, your gums will get fucked up and youll need to wear the braces longer. i constantly tried to suck and pick out the bits in my braces between brushes, and i feel like it mightve helped my oral hygiene. you will get used to the pain, and yes, its completely worth it. went from looking/feeling like a beta loser to chad. make sure to wear your retainers when your braces are off, and if they break, make sure to keep the retainers and get the ortho to recreate them by that unless youre absolutely certain your teeth are just as straight.
>>
Had overbite, my teeth were all fucked up.
I removed 2 teeth and got braces, it's been a year now, and my bite has improved a lot, I don't even look weird.
Also my lips are now symmetric.
6 more months and I will remove these braces. AMA fa.m
>>
File: voorna.jpg (2MB, 1932x2576px) Image search: [Google]
voorna.jpg
2MB, 1932x2576px
>>38808026
before and after btw
>>
>>38808821
it was fine before, looks too long now
>>
>>38808984
Had a fucked up jaw and teeth bruv
>>
>>38808821
that's a nice jawline desu
>>
I think it looks cute on girl that are in their early twenty I don't know why
>>
Braces on girls = cute
Braces on men = Adult virgin
>>
>>38805835
>Didn't wear the retainer because I was a lazy teenager
>Now my teeth are even worse than before I got braces
I hate teenage me so much.
>>
Can I get a new one from the dentist?
I lost mine and I think I'm clenching my teeth during sleep because of stress
>>
File: 1498344237410.gif (2MB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1498344237410.gif
2MB, 400x303px
>>38798128
>le funee screencap
>>
>>38795001
not that bad, however, always wear your bands and if you snap a bracket or fuck up the wire, go get that fixed immediately. i had mine for 5 years due to a very serious snaggletooth, but now my teeth are pretty all right.
>>
>>38795001
Pain.
So much fucking pain.
>>
>>38809542
>I lost mine
How do you lose braces?
>>
>>38805913
>new because i found a thing funny
you robutts are hilarious
i've been here since 2008
>>
File: retainers[1].jpg (191KB, 1697x918px) Image search: [Google]
retainers[1].jpg
191KB, 1697x918px
>>38805835
Wow, that's a fancy retainer. This is what mine looked like when I got my braces off 17 years ago.
>>
>>38795001
You're probably a guy, but I think braces look pretty endearing, especially an girls (even if they're a bit old).
>>
>>38795001
>what can i expect
to look adorable
>>
>>38795001
Anon, expect and accept nights full of pain and crying if you don't already do that now.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.