[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /r9k/'s opinion on Okami? It has been my favorite

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: Okami_PS2_Box_Front_T.jpg (270KB, 650x917px) Image search: [Google]
Okami_PS2_Box_Front_T.jpg
270KB, 650x917px
What is /r9k/'s opinion on Okami? It has been my favorite game since childhood.
>>
>>38794965
it was good

this isn't original gangster
>>
>>38795007
Which version did you play?
>>
>>38795148
original ps2

I don't know where it is anymore though
>>
File: original.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>38795169
If you have a ps3, you should download the remaster, it's like reliving the experience for the first time again. The Wii port's motion controls are a fun novelty, though your brush strokes won't register correctly a decent portion of the time, so it ends up being a nuisance rather than an improvement.
>>
>>38794965
I remember my cousin had it never played the whole thing but it was pretty fun
>>38795213
Didnt know there was one but ill probably get it
>>
>>38794965
>Probably best zelda ever made
Its still zelda though and those games have one thing in common
>They are boring
I got stuck halfway and cant make myself finish it even though im a massive weeb.
The game would had much better flow if there wasnt so many hidden shit to find. I have ocd and just cant ignore this crap. So while looking for everything i got burned out.
Its worth checking out if you are into those games.
>>
i should play this shit already
>>
>>38795227
If you do, please take your time at a relaxed pace doing sidequests that interest you, soak in the atmosphere, and immerse yourself into the world of the game a la the dialogue and things like the bestiary. Also, VERY important to note - don't upgrade your health too much, and never upgrade your astral pouch. It makes the game a cakewalk. It's funner with some challenge.
>>
Underrated game. Some of my fondest childhood memories in gaming right there.
>>
>>38795304
Your ADD does not justify the game as boring.
Your retardation does not justify detracting the quality of the game because you "got stuck."
Your OCD does not justify your inability to ignore completely optional content for completionists.
Your false correlation to Zelda has been torn to shreds by many, and it really takes away any merit your opinion may have had in any capacity.
>>
>>38794965
The best example of "less is more"
The art direction was magnificent and the story was captivating.
The musical score was epic.

You'fe got good choice OP
>>
File: 1500787550597.png (487KB, 541x406px) Image search: [Google]
1500787550597.png
487KB, 541x406px
>>38795387
Now your being more autistic than me
>having opinion different than you makes me wrong
First of you really dont understand how it feels having ocd
This content is absolutely not optional too me.
Now why the game is boring?
Adventure games generally are mixed bag of everything but pull it off in mediocre way.
If i want action there are pletora of better games. Combat in okami quickly gets repetitve
Story, there are games that deal with story better but i admit writing in okami is 100 times better and funnier than in zelda.
Ill just rather play some jrpgs.
If you play ocarina of time you will notice how similar the games are.
Both games are sort of like sandbox.You can go anywhere but you need certain things to progress further. There are hubs and there are dungeons. The difference is that zelda dungeons are more puzzle oriented and okami more action/platforming.
If i want to play action platformer with some puzzle solving i would rather play medievil or tomb rider.
The pace in those games is much better.
Okami just feels like walking sim at times. Its a nice walking sim with pretty art but its too time consuming. I have too much games to play to bother.
In short i dont like this genre.
>>
>>38795684
>the game is boring
>Ill just rather play some jrpgs.
>>
>>38795684
>Adventure games generally are mixed bag of everything but pull it off in mediocre way.
I'd rather not go into what mental gymnastics you needed to pull of to come to this conclusion, I'd just like to know how you equated Okami to having more than a modicum of similarity to a walking sim. Are you underage?
>>
>>38794965
same, I played the demo from a PS mag and was so excited
I bought it as soon as I could, and the game exceeded my expectations

Then again I was fucking 10 when the game came out so my expectations weren't crazy high
>>
>>38795798
I just gave fucking example with medievil and tomb rider. Look at fucking level design in those games then look at okami? See the difference? Was ps2 your first console? All sandbox games are walking sims in a way. Wich is why i dont like them. Gee. There is a shitload of downtime beetwen dialogs, combat in okami.
I like simple games like ninja gaiden or syphon filter.
>>
I like the concept and the artstyle is great but the gameplay is so incredibly boring that I couldn't even force myself to finish it.
>>
>>38795936
I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I don't want to argue. My psychiatrist told me to reduce stress levels. I respect your opinion. Now tell me your favorite animes massive weeb anon
>>
File: 1499208110791.jpg (15KB, 319x331px) Image search: [Google]
1499208110791.jpg
15KB, 319x331px
>>38795964
Tanoshii moomin ikka
11/10
>>
>>38795942
The gameplay is as boring as you make it. If you upgrade your health and ink pots too much, it will become boring. If you refrain from doing so, it is damn challenging and requires tactics and critical thinking. A halfway point is best for most people, but everyone just LOOOOVES to spend their "make me more powerful!" points in every single game as soon as they have the opportunity
>>
>>38794965
>gf liked Okami
>the same gf who was hit by a car
>it's been 7 years
>have Okami
>feel bad for not playing it

>recently (relatively speaking) became sort of a low-level alcoholic
>can't really feel happy unless I'm drunk
I really should hook up my old Wii to my new TV and play it again. I'm sure I'd feel really good playing it. Every acet of the game felt like her, to me, even before the car accident.
>>
>>38796107
Hey, since the Wii ran in 480p, if your new TV is HD you may need special cables to run it properly or else it'll be close to unplayable. I hope your girl is at peace and you may fondly reminisce on the good times you two had and submerge yourself in a melancholic gooey pool of bittersweet nostalgia. Wishing you all the best, anon.
>>
>>38796163
>if your new TV is HD you may need special cables to run it properly
wtf I figured HD was just HD
>tfw to intelligent to understand this shit
>>
>>38796332
If you own a standard definition TV you should use that instead.
If you have a bit of disposable cash, you should get this.
I just want you to be happy.
https://www.amazon.com/KCOOL-Converter-Output-Video-Audio-Adapter/dp/B01M3P1GP8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501664447&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=wii+to+hdmi&psc=1
>>
>>38796417
f-fug
>tfw too drunk to process this shit
I'm also moving in less than a week, so I'm hardly about to buy shit.
>>
File: IMG_20170530_072420.jpg (249KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170530_072420.jpg
249KB, 1500x1061px
>>38794965
100% on both PS2 and PS4. Would buy again. One of the all time greats.
>>
>>38796450
It's okay, anon. I'm moving too. I know it's all very difficult. I know you will persevere. When everything is settled, then it will be time. Don't allow the fear to overtake you, you're stronger than you think. I love you.
>>
File: IMG_20170703_093938.jpg (137KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170703_093938.jpg
137KB, 960x1280px
>>38796483
Meant PS3 not 4
>>
>>38796483
does she never wash her hair? or do women naturally have hair like that? i've never understood it
>>
Bought/found all the cables and an actual PS2 console about a month ago. Finally purchased a controller too. I can't wait to play scaler again.
>>
I borrowed my friend's Wii to play it and thought it was good but it'd be better on PS2 or the PS3 remaster. The Wii controls were god awful, waggle to attack. The glaives were too hard to use with those unreliable controls. There wasn't even support for the pro controller. Waggle garbage was the only option for it.
>>
The graphics and music were amazing, and the art style really tied in nicely with the Shinto mythology. However, the game didn't really deliver on its concept in my opinion, even though I enjoyed it.

The entire idea that you're a wolf goddess that creates with celestial brushwork is kind of undermined by the fact that the painting feels really gimmicky. I never got the sense that I was wielding some godly paintbrush, but rather that I was pressing buttons for special attacks in a convoluted way.
>>
>>38797473
How would you have integrated the brush element so it would flow seamlessly without it feeling gimmicky?
>>
>>38797711
Perhaps had an entirely different gameplay system or made the game more puzzle oriented. When I imagine a god using a celestial brush I think of painting weather and terrain or greenery. As it stands I don't see the purpose of it. The brush techniques aren't difficult to execute, and it's pretty limited in what you actually do. They're all just magical abilities that would be a button press in another game, so nothing makes painting special.

It's kind of harsh, but the whole system reminds me of an early Wii game where waggle is just a mapped button press, but it corresponds vaguely to the action on screen so it's supposed to give you the feeling that you're doing it. I hope that analogy makes sense.
>>
>>38797883
Yea, it makes sense. A lot of the brush powers you receive that have a grand, theatrical build-up to get end up feeling incredibly underwhelming. Oh boy, now I can draw a line from predetermined, sparse and limited sources of lightning to a few select things that can interact with it. Wow! Like a reskin of moving water around. But I still love the game to fucking death.
>>
File: agataforest.jpg (216KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
agataforest.jpg
216KB, 1024x768px
>>38798111
Even though I'm dumping on it, I love the game as well. Pic related is in my bedroom. I just like to tear the games I love apart for some reason.

I really need to learn to code already so I can fail at making the conceptually perfect game I imagine.
>>
File: wallpaper-2157853.jpg (1MB, 2560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-2157853.jpg
1MB, 2560x2048px
>>38798364
Criticism is the cornerstone of progress, even with what we adore and cherish. I wonder where I could nab one of those beauties. Probably out of print, no?
The Platinum Games co-founder hinted at a sequel a little over a year ago, so who knows, maybe it's in development as we speak. I really do hope so.
>>
>>38798553
It's not official merchandise or anything, I just found a high res version of that piece and got a canvas printed for about $40.

https://i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0514/60/1448188442782.jpg

They had a run of official prints but they sold out years ago, and they were kind of expensive. I don't really want to give Capcom money anyway since they killed Clover.
>>
>>38798553
But you already got a sequel anon.
okamiden
>>
File: 17r2n3bh8xy33jpg.jpg (94KB, 800x761px) Image search: [Google]
17r2n3bh8xy33jpg.jpg
94KB, 800x761px
>>38798616
Thank you.. would you mind sharing where I could order a print of it myself?

>>38798625
Now you're just making me upset, anon =[
>>
wish susano were my dad
>>
>>38794965
it was my favourite game too anon.
I'm glad they put the HD version on ps3 so I got to finish it. Brilliant game in all aspects except difficulty balance
>>
>>38796107
jesus christ anon that's really shit. I know you posted this 5 hours ago but i'm sorry man and I hope you're ok if you read this
>>
File: tumblr_m2pb6r5vdv1qijnn9o4_1280.jpg (407KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2pb6r5vdv1qijnn9o4_1280.jpg
407KB, 1280x853px
hmmmmm... what a cute couple
>>
>>38796053
>moomin
amazing taste
>>
>>38800358
i wonder if they make love haha
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.