[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can please explain to me why this whole "le Szechuan sauce"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

Can please explain to me why this whole "le Szechuan sauce" trend is so popular?

It seems like a very forced and dumb meme to me; it reminds me of the mid 2000s when Charlie the unicorn, Fred Fredburger, GIR, and Chuck Norris were considered the pinnacle of comedy, and Hot Topic kids would quote them endlessly as though they were forcing a meme.
>>
>>38791669
you just explained it
normies don't think very hard so their sense of humor is shallow; big surprise there, I know
>>
Rick and Morty. Honestly season 1 and 2 were alright. The show has really lost its edge now but people are too invested into it to admit it
>>
>>38791707
Wasn't season 2 already a huge decline from s1?
>>
Its what? Sweet and sour sauce? Hasn't that existed for decades?
>>
>>38791721
>Wasn't season 2 already a huge decline from s1?
I thought it was good
>>
>>38791669
>Szechuan sauce
I have no idea what the hell that is
>>
>>38792486
It's a virtue signalling thing from Reddit. It was a plot element in Rick and Morty, which is, at least in my opinion, the quintessential Reddit show. If you mention >le Szechuan Sauce, you mark yourself as le fellow memer XD
>>
>>38791669
I've been hearing about this shit for a while now; anyone got a /quick rundown/?>>38791669
>>
File: Pure Coincidence.jpg (21KB, 296x314px) Image search: [Google]
Pure Coincidence.jpg
21KB, 296x314px
>>38791726
Szechuan sauce is different from sweet and sour, but lots of places sell it. McDonald's didn't have a stranglehold on the supply.
>>38792486
>>38792518
McDonalds used to offer a mcnugget sauce back when Mulan came out. Episode of Rick and Morty used it as a joke. Normalfags repeat it nonstop. It just so happened to come around after the live action Mulan was announced and McDonalds is bringing the sauce back solely because of Rick and Morty. Absolutely no way this was planned out in any way.
>>
>>38791669
Rick and morty happened and reddit loves that show :)
>>
Why are you guys so obsessed with what reddit likes? Hating Rick and Morty because others enjoy it doesnt make you better than others, it means youre a hipster fuckface
>>
>>38793393
>Hating Rick and Morty because others enjoy it doesnt make you better than others
Um,yeah it does. You're just saying that because you like that shitty show.
>>
>>38793477
What shows do you watch?

Obviously they're better.
>>
Alex is a nigger cunt
original herbs and spices
>>
>>38793506
>implying i watch the electric jew at all
>>
>>38791669
It's a really blatant marketing scheme. Le quirky Rick and Morty forces the sauce meme, normies eat it up, McDonald's starts selling the sauce.
>>
>>38791669
>hating Fred Fredburger
fuck you op don't toss him in with the rest of the trash
>>
>>38794059
Fred Fredburger was fine for one episode. He should not have been a recurring character. This is objectively the downfall of Billy and Mandy.
>>
The writers of Rick And Morty remembered some promotional sauce from McDonalds and made a now overused meme about it because everyone's hopped up on nostalgiahol.
>>
>>38794551
I think the downfall of Billy and Mandy was making things lighter and goofier instead of the early episodes which were dark as fuck
>>
File: IMG_2059.jpg (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2059.jpg
39KB, 300x300px
I don't get it. How is that funny?
>>
>>38794583
>everyone's hopped up on nostalgiahol
You know damn well most people who watch the show and meme about it weren't old enough in 1998 to remember that sauce. Hell, I'm sure a good portion of them weren't even born yet.
>>
>>38794591
The true downfall was separating it from Evil Con Carne. Grim and Evil could have aired for decades.
>>
it's a dumb meme like the dress meme
>>
>>38791701
>heh.... only real losers(tm) like be ACTUALLY think
>everyone else is just brain dead sheep
Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>38792486
Any Chinese restaurant in the world has it.
>>
File: sheeple.png (46KB, 376x401px) Image search: [Google]
sheeple.png
46KB, 376x401px
>>38796276
Someone should redraw this with various loser caricatures. You know, various degrees of obesity/skeletors, trench coats, fedoras, glasses, short stature, holstered guns or knives, etc.
>>
>>38791701
>n-normies are stupid not m-me senpai
i dont think normies are worth dirt, but memes are always kinda retarded dumbass
>>
>>38791707
i found it funny enough to watch it legally
>>
>>38796360
That's exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that. These people are a joke.
>>
>>38794706
Grim and Evil was shit and Kitty Bobo should have won that contest.
>>
File: Pepe Laughing.png (206KB, 968x733px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Laughing.png
206KB, 968x733px
>>38796649
>calls grim and evil shit
>thinks kitty bobo was even close to being a decent cartoon
>>
Dan Harmon convinced the dumb ass rick and morty viewers to be his personally army and demand that mcdonalds release szechuan sauce again. Almost certainly 0 or close to 0% of whom have ever tasted it.

tldr: idiots got tricked into being a nostalgic guy's personal army
>>
File: 1487868239876.jpg (205KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
1487868239876.jpg
205KB, 900x582px
>>38796928
If you think about it, he's really /ourguy/ because he's a fatass nerd who tricked a bunch of normalfags into influencing a mega-corporation to bring his favorite sauce back for his nuggies.
>>
>>38797045
Pretty sure he's his own guy and can get laid. He's also successful and has friends. Nothing like "robots" desu
>>
>>38797045
>/ourguy/
>successful life and popular show creator

GTFO
>>
File: harmon.jpg (218KB, 1198x1340px)
harmon.jpg
218KB, 1198x1340px
>>38797064
>>38797096
Did you not notice how his company title card changed? He was obviously the beta provider who will be paying alimony for the rest of his short lived success before killing himself. It's not as if robots are incapable of using our autism to create nifty little worlds to base a show upon. You just need to be born knowing someone with a jew connection to get your foot in the door.
>>
>>38797109
>Did you not notice how his company title card changed?
no because I don't watch his show. Its nothing special
>>
>>38797121
I agree that it's nothing special, but as a NEET what else are you going to do with your time other than stay up all night watching shitty adult swim shows?
>>
>>38797109
Yeah dude. Stop pretending you're not completely useless and will ever amount to anything. You're like those faggots on /pol/ who take credit for shit they never did
>>
>>38797146
I wasn't born with a jew connection, of course I'll never amount to anything.
>>
>>38797131
not watch shitty shows? Thats the luxury of being a NEET I can invest time into finding good shows
>>
>>38797224
How long have you even been a NEET? The good entertainment dries up fast and all you're left with is shit, because that's what makes money from all the normalfags watching it.
>>
>>38791669
It's just a big PR stunt for McD
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.