[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips for not being afraid of death? I just find it so weird you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Tips for not being afraid of death? I just find it so weird you can exist once but never again. I wonder if youll even know youre dead

just nothing kinda freaks me out but snce I remember nothing before is it in reasonable to fear it? could I or you happen again somehow? I just don't get how I can be me you know and feel things
>>
you become more apathetic towards existence over time

remember, you don't wish to be alive when you're not any more than you wish to be awake when you're asleep
>>
>>38791200
>remember, you don't wish to be alive when you're not any more than you wish to be awake when you're asleep
could our consciousness happen again in billions of years on some other planet you think?

i think i like the idea of just nothing now that you say that
>>
File: Train by Mountain Wallpaper.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Train by Mountain Wallpaper.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>38791026
Do you remember before you were born?
After death is just the same. You will sleep the final sleep, and your bones will lie beneath green summer grass and wide blue sky. Long after you die, your particles will go on to become the cells of your descendants' bodies, the bricks of their homes, the trees under whose shade they will repose.
Fear not death. You are a bird flying from infinite shadow, into a brief window of light, before diving back into the darkness. Ash to ash, dust to dust. Do not fear dying, for your life was never yours but a gift from the Creator.
>>
>>38791313
thanks, awesome description

but like i asked here could our minds happen "again" somehow? because that kinda bothers me if i happened once can i happen again? i dont really like that much
>>
>>38791223
it's possible, if our consciousness is composed of physical energy than it could be recycled as part of the consciousnesses of many lifeforms
>>
>>38791343
No one knows this answer. If it did, then we wouldn't know anyways. You could have been a 13th century Kievan peasant who was killed by the Mongols before this life. Or a Capetian French king during the Ancien Regime. Do you feel any of those previous lives stirring in you?
>>
god exists you don't have to worry about anything
>>
>>38791026
Bumepino
Someone please console me as to why death isn't something to be hatefully feared
I don't feel like I've done enough in my life yet
>>
>>38791026
what scares me is today's society, I feel scared that my family or loved ones will go out one day to shop or whatever they are doing, and never come home, people are crazy nowadays, you never know, I hear stories about elders and kids being tortured, I see webms of people being skinned alive and burned alive, and I can never feel comfortable in this world, A bus once malfunctioned and bursted into flames, I never let my sister go on the bus, and when she does I make sure she's well.
>>
>he thinks this isn't just a video game being played by energy lifeforms

Brainlet detected
>>
>>38791026
It's actually pretty comfy having that one certainty in life.
>Thai walking meditation
>left step
>"I will die"
>right step
>"that's for certain"
Give it a shot.
>>
I think about this too desu and that's interesting also like could we just exist again where we left off, knowing who we are and with our same memories after we die

I wish it was a heaven type scenario, not like being one with god of something but more like another earth where everything is better idk where I can just live all the lives I couldn't live this time around while still knowing it's 'me' and they're things 'i' want

That's the key, because reincarnation is stupid if you don't remember who you were, when we were kids we were Soo different it's almost like youve died every year of your life but there's a thread connecting you saying "this is who you are". I guess that's being concious

Then comes my second problem if that is it, and you are for an eternity at some point even infinity will end, and what happens there?? It's not even like before you were born it's every more "nothing" and that's spooky to think about
>>
>>38791026

I overcame it more or less by just realizing I love to sleep and part of sleeping is giving up your consciousness and sense of self.

If non-existence is the same as sleeping truly we can ask for no better afterlife.
>>
that's better than the possibility that we live in a simulation which is even scarier.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.